DAFC.net
Home 29 March 2024 
 Post Message  |  Top of Board  |  Search  |  Log In   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 
[ please login to use the Like feature ]
 John Cleese
Topic Originator: Jbob  
Date:   Mon 8 Jul 19:22

Monty Python- genius with some failures.

Fawlty Towers- excellent.

Clockwise- very good.

Fish Called Wanda- goodish.

Now he just criticises Britain and drones on about his vast alimony payments. Just stay on your island John and shut it.

Bobs of the world unite
[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: John Cleese
Topic Originator: widtink  
Date:   Mon 8 Jul 19:36

To be fair he's been pretty outspoken his whole life.
At least he's consistent.

Admin
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Hay Fever  
Date:   Wed 10 Jul 15:32

Hates Scotland for some reason, many interviews from him slating weather, accent and a total waste of a country. Cheers John!
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: General Zod  
Date:   Wed 10 Jul 15:39

Next contender for the saville list I reckon.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: da_no_1  
Date:   Wed 10 Jul 21:53

Quote:

General Zod, Wed 10 Jul 15:39

Next contender for the saville list I reckon.

That's in pretty poor taste I have to say.

"Some days will stay a 1000 years, some pass like the flash of a spark"
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: GG Riva  
Date:   Thu 11 Jul 16:44

A colleague told me he got the idea for "Falwty Towers" while sitting in a Dundee pub and heard the landlord being incredibly rude to his customers.....

Not your average Sunday League player.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: OzPar  
Date:   Thu 11 Jul 17:07

Donald William Sinclair (1909 – 1981) was the co–proprietor of the Gleneagles Hotel in Torquay, England.

Sinclair is primarily known for being the inspiration for the character Basil Fawlty, played by John Cleese, in the television sitcom Fawlty Towers that Cleese co-wrote. This was owing to his allegedly stuffy, snobbish and eccentric treatment of his guests, including Cleese and other members of the Monty Python cast.

The Monty Python cast met Sinclair while staying at the Gleneagles Hotel in May 1970; they were filming in nearby Paignton. Sinclair was reluctant to let them stay, but his wife argued in favour of them, as their three-week stay in the hotel represented a considerable amount of business during the hotel's off-season.

Due to Sinclair's attitude towards them, which included criticising American Terry Gilliam's table etiquette and throwing Eric Idle's briefcase out of a window because he thought it contained a bomb, all of the Monty Python cast left the hotel for other accommodation, apart from Idle, John Cleese and his then-wife Connie Booth.

Cleese later used his mannerisms as an inspiration for Basil Fawlty in Fawlty Towers. Several of the show's plotlines are alleged to be partly based on real-life events; the Gleneagles Hotel is briefly referenced in the show's second episode, The Builders.

Sinclair died in Torquay, Devon in 1981 aged 72, from a heart attack and stroke "when some workmen he'd upset painted his patio furniture and car gunmetal grey during the night."

Source: Wikipedia
[IP address logged]
 Top of Board  |  Forum List  |  Threaded View   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 

Rows: 0
 Forum List  |  Need a Login? Register Here 
 User Login
 User Name:
 Password:
 Remember my login:

Forgot Your Password?
Enter your email address or user name below and a new password will be sent to the email address associated with your profile.
Security : type 'pars' in the box:
email:
© 2021-- DAFC.net