DAFC.net
Home 28 March 2024 
 Post Message  |  Top of Board  |  Search  |  Log In   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 
[ please login to use the Like feature ]
 Fashion
Topic Originator: Jbob  
Date:   Sat 20 Jul 16:41

Men over 25 that wear baseball caps back to front should be severely reprimanded and sent to dig a trench for a day. Along with men who wear flip flops not on the beach or at a pool.

In my opinion

Bobs of the world unite
[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: Fashion
Topic Originator: OzPar  
Date:   Sat 20 Jul 17:16

Heh heh... come and take a look down any street in coastal or outback Australia in summer. Oddly, flip flops are called "thongs" over here.

:)
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: EEP  
Date:   Sat 20 Jul 22:33

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: widtink  
Date:   Sat 20 Jul 22:45

Fashion police are out in force today eh.
A thread saying certain folk shouldn't wear replica football tops on the football forum... And now this on baseball caps and flip flops.
Personally I wear whatever I want to, and I couldn't care less what anyone else thinks. And I also couldn't care less what anyone else wears... It's nothing to do with me.
But hey.... That's just who I am.
(currently watching The Martian in a Ramones t shirt with khaki shorts on.
I fully expect a knock at the door any second from the fashion police who will whisk me away to a very long stay at her majesty's pleasure) 🤣

Admin
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 20 Jul 22:55

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: allparone  
Date:   Sun 21 Jul 00:57

Just in football tops? The only good thing a fat guy over 35 looks good in is McDonalds. :-)
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Jbob  
Date:   Sun 21 Jul 08:59

Fashion police?

naw just a bit of banter- this forum was quieter than a morgue lately

Bobs of the world unite
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: PARrot  
Date:   Sun 21 Jul 13:16

Quote:

widtink, Sat 20 Jul 22:45

Fashion police are out in force today eh.
A thread saying certain folk shouldn't wear replica football tops on the football forum... And now this on baseball caps and flip flops.
Personally I wear whatever I want to, and I couldn't care less what anyone else thinks. And I also couldn't care less what anyone else wears... It's nothing to do with me.
But hey.... That's just who I am.
(currently watching The Martian in a Ramones t shirt with khaki shorts on.
I fully expect a knock at the door any second from the fashion police who will whisk me away to a very long stay at her majesty's pleasure) 🤣

Did I read that right? You are going to pleasure the Queen with a khaki in your shorts!
I hope she has a royal clothes peg.

Post Edited (Sun 21 Jul 13:17)
[IP address logged]
-
Date:   Sun 21 Jul 14:01

Quote:

Jbob, Sun 21 Jul 08:59

Fashion police?

naw just a bit of banter- this forum was quieter than a morgue lately

That's cos we were in between seasons... It's always quiet then.

Admin
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: evo!  
Date:   Sun 21 Jul 17:08

JBob not considering old Fred Durst as a fashion icon then?

BEAST!
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 21 Jul 21:24

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: ipswichpar  
Date:   Sun 21 Jul 21:38

Quote:

EEP, Sun 21 Jul 21:24

The worst thing is a fat boy in a football top but a fat woman is ridiculous!

You meant fat woman in a football top, right?!?
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 21 Jul 22:12

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: onandupthepars  
Date:   Mon 22 Jul 00:59

Ref: Jbob
Date: Sat 20 Jul 16:41

<<< Men over 25 that wear baseball caps back to front should be severely reprimanded and sent to dig a trench for a day.>>>

I'm many decades over 25 and I sometimes wear a baseball cap back to front. It's nothing to do with fashion though, it's to keep the sun off ma neck.Special dispensation for an auld geezer?
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: OzPar  
Date:   Mon 22 Jul 07:45

Special dispensation is given, onandup. It is a golden rule that auld geezers can do what they bloomin' well like.

A few months ago, one of my neeburs hosted a barbie down on the beach where we all had to dress up in 1970s gear.

Three dollars spent at my local charity shop got me a frizzy wig for the Alan Rough perm look and a flowery shirt with a wide collar, combined with a pair of khaki cargo shorts and Bob's yer uncle...

The star of the show was our local shopkeeper who revived a pair of flares that he can still fit into after 40 years and a Thai-dyed purple simmet. Perfect! That's the look that all us auld geezers secretly desire, but sadly fail, to achieve these days.

The shopkeeper is a model for us all. He is 64 and has surfed every day of his life since he was about 12. We all hate him...

:)
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Mario  
Date:   Mon 22 Jul 08:13

I miss BHS.
They stocked a great range holiday gear for SAGA louts - psychedelic sandal socks, knee length loud checked short sleeved shirts, and extra wide flappy shorts as modelled by Eric Morecambe.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Mon 22 Jul 13:42

Ref: OzPar
Date: Mon 22 Jul 07:45

<<< A few months ago, one of my neeburs hosted a barbie down on the beach where we all had to dress up in 1970s gear.

Three dollars spent at my local charity shop got me a frizzy wig for the Alan Rough perm look and a flowery shirt with a wide collar, combined with a pair of khaki cargo shorts and Bob's yer uncle...

The star of the show was our local shopkeeper who revived a pair of flares that he can still fit into after 40 years and a Thai-dyed purple simmet. Perfect! That's the look that all us auld geezers secretly desire, but sadly fail, to achieve these days. >>>

I did laugh, but hey it sounds really good. Why only wear such fab gear for special occasions? Surely that's the look for the whole o' the summer? I'm off down the charity shop!
[IP address logged]
Date:   Mon 22 Jul 14:43

I think the worst fashion items are jeans too tight to get over yer erse or so baggy they sit halfway down yer erse. Also butcrack flashing low waistline trousers.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: SergioDuarte  
Date:   Mon 22 Jul 15:46

Looks like there has been a surge in new user names. Still the same roasters that were banned in the past.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: donj  
Date:   Mon 22 Jul 19:39

Only saying but you seem to spend a lot of time looking at bottoms then parrot.Joking btw
[IP address logged]
Date:   Tue 23 Jul 01:42

I find the current fashionable style of women's pointed shoes very ugly. That's just my taste. Other folk must think they're smashing!

I like the current fashion in ladies' ankle boots.

Funny 'n't it - likes and dislikes.

Post Edited (Tue 23 Jul 02:18)
[IP address logged]
Date:   Tue 23 Jul 10:45

No offence taken. The bottom line is maybe you are right HA!

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: veteraneastender  
Date:   Tue 23 Jul 20:09

I'm still getting my head around torn legs on jeans etc. - what is all that about ?
[IP address logged]
Date:   Tue 23 Jul 20:16

I've been on this planet since 1971 and if there's one fashion that comes and goes regularly it's ripped jeans.

Admin
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: jake89  
Date:   Tue 23 Jul 20:40

Quote:

veteraneastender, Tue 23 Jul 20:09

I'm still getting my head around torn legs on jeans etc. - what is all that about ?

Same as having them faded. Case of people spending a lot of money to appear poor. When these types of things were fashionable in the past it was because folk were skint!
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: average white par  
Date:   Tue 23 Jul 20:48

Agree with Widtink, I was dazzling the streets of the toon with ripped jeans in the mid 80's...

Frankly, I could vomit when I think of myself...

Def Leppard have a lot to answer for...

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: veteraneastender  
Date:   Tue 23 Jul 22:39

The only time I had ripped breeks was a P.J.Proby type accident.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: GG741  
Date:   Wed 24 Jul 03:46

Surely there is the natural boundary related to fashion wear, being your fence line.
My wife is appalled at the state of some of the clothes I wear at home, but I usually wear those as I plan to do some gardening or something else (notice the use of the phrase "...plan to..."). The intention may be there from first thing, but I may not get around to it until mid-afternoon.

But, if I try to leave the property, I am dispatched to get into more acceptable / smarter clothing so as to not worry the neighbours.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Milos Drizzle  
Date:   Wed 24 Jul 13:00

GG741, I concur. I presume that, like me, folks have their "comfy" jeans that they slouch around the house in. These jeans are typically several years old, or are cheap ones that lost their shape after a few washes. Jeans that have fallen from grace, at one time in the Premiership and now floundering around the Seaside League.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: shrek par  
Date:   Wed 24 Jul 18:11

Ripped,painted bleached,flared and all the others in between been there and worn them all...

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: jake89  
Date:   Wed 24 Jul 21:47

Quote:

Milos Drizzle, Wed 24 Jul 13:00

GG741, I concur. I presume that, like me, folks have their "comfy" jeans that they slouch around the house in. These jeans are typically several years old, or are cheap ones that lost their shape after a few washes. Jeans that have fallen from grace, at one time in the Premiership and now floundering around the Seaside League.

The most poetic thing ever written about a pair of jeans.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: donj  
Date:   Wed 24 Jul 22:07

As a young guy,remember buying jeans and cutting up side and putting leather v shapes in to make flares.
[IP address logged]
 Top of Board  |  Forum List  |  Threaded View   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 

Rows: 0
 Forum List  |  Need a Login? Register Here 
 User Login
 User Name:
 Password:
 Remember my login:

Forgot Your Password?
Enter your email address or user name below and a new password will be sent to the email address associated with your profile.
Security : type 'pars' in the box:
email:
© 2021-- DAFC.net