DAFC.net
Home 28 March 2024 
 Post Message  |  Top of Board  |  Search  |  Log In   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 
[ please login to use the Like feature ]
 Dunfermline Press is the new Private Eye
Topic Originator: jake89  
Date:   Wed 15 Jan 17:24

"Phuc Duck Ngo, 22, a prisoner at Perth, admitted that between September 18-20, at Keir Hardie Terrace, Dunfermline, he produced a class B controlled drug, cannabis."

Surely a windup on the name? Sounds more like what was said/done when the police kicked the door in!
[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: Dunfermline Press is the new Private Eye
Topic Originator: Rastapari  
Date:   Wed 15 Jan 17:59

You don't "produce" cannabis...it's a plant...you grow it.
Demonizing language.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Wotsit  
Date:   Wed 15 Jan 18:52

So do you just stand near the plant and its good plant vibes just sort of flow over to produce a lovely euphoria?

Because my understanding is that there is a whole process starting with aggressive cross breeding to highlight those characterstics which humans most desire and continues in the same way including discarding male plants, hydroponic and other intensive indoor farming methods and a system of removing the less psychoactive parts of the plant to, again, enhance those qualities which humans find desirable.

Don't get me wrong, I love a wee j from time to time, I'm just not falling for the hippy-dippy "just a plant" rubbish. It's a psychoactive drug and it should be treated with the respect due something that can mess you up if you treat it wrong.

"Who you are and what you feel comes not just from inside you, but from where you are in the power structure"
[IP address logged]
Date:   Wed 15 Jan 19:39

Yet alcohol and nicotine can be bought from any corner shop...

The article is fairly depressing (clearly the guy didn't choose to be there) but this will happen when you restrict legal supply of a good people want access to.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Saltire  
Date:   Thu 16 Jan 12:20

shocking way to treat someone when was just minding his own business and all these natural plants spring up in between the weeds in his garden and he is suddenly huckled into a van
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Ben,D.A  
Date:   Thu 16 Jan 16:35

jake 89

Yet alcohol and nicotine can be bought from any corner shop..

and taxed to such an extent that if cannabis was made legal, the underground would still win.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: The One Who Knocks  
Date:   Thu 16 Jan 21:01

Not any corner shop. Only traders who hold a license can sell booze.

And although my eyes were open
They just might as well be closed
[IP address logged]
Date:   Fri 17 Jan 07:12

Quote:

Ben,D.A, Thu 16 Jan 16:35

jake 89

and taxed to such an extent that if cannabis was made legal, the underground would still win.

Yes, because I spend most of my time acquiring black market alcohol because it's taxed so highly... that's me, up in the hills, moonshine, moonshine, moonshine...
[IP address logged]
-
Topic Originator: moviescot  
Date:   Fri 17 Jan 08:16

Quote:

jake89, Fri 17 Jan 07:12

Quote:

Ben,D.A, Thu 16 Jan 16:35

jake 89

Yes, because I spend most of my time acquiring black market alcohol because it's taxed so highly... that's me, up in the hills, moonshine, moonshine, moonshine...

Aye. But people are not used to having to get black market booze. And although taxed is still relatively cheaper than 30 years ago. Cigarettes, as a non smoker, I know have a roaring black market especially in England as it's easy to get them from EU. This is purely cost related
Cannabis has not been legal for a number of years so people are used to getting it illegally. If it was made available in shops it would make sense to make it cheap ( other than the health risks) to change the buyers habits. The idea should be to make it not worthwhile for criminals .

Post Edited (Fri 17 Jan 14:47)
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Wotsit  
Date:   Fri 17 Jan 16:59

I don't buy off the black market when I go to Amsterdam. Admittedly I buy it from the grey market there instead, but I could see a similar setup working here.

Although I'd probably grow one or two plants for my own use if I wasn't threatened with court and unemployment for doing so.

As it is I have, in the past (the distant past), bought stuff which was potentially contaminated with gods know what because I was silly enough to buy from someone I didn't know.

Price is definitely a factor in some folk's choices of intoxicant but folk also pay for quality and reassurance. That's why, for instance, poor quality "soap bar" has been replaced by better quality stuff: in the past the soap was all that was available so that's what folk smoked. It was the equivalent of drinking from the slop bucket in the pub. Or Tennant's.

"Who you are and what you feel comes not just from inside you, but from where you are in the power structure"
[IP address logged]
Date:   Fri 17 Jan 19:10

With almost all drugs you have no idea what it is. Could be mixed with something, could be way more/less potent than you'd expect. That's why it'd be easier to licence and legalise.

Of course folks will buy under the counter cigarettes but God knows what may be in some of them.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Grant  
Date:   Tue 21 Jan 12:14

Will forward this news onto Sol Bamba...
[IP address logged]
 Top of Board  |  Forum List  |  Threaded View   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 

Rows: 0
 Forum List  |  Need a Login? Register Here 
 User Login
 User Name:
 Password:
 Remember my login:

Forgot Your Password?
Enter your email address or user name below and a new password will be sent to the email address associated with your profile.
Security : type 'pars' in the box:
email:
© 2021-- DAFC.net