DAFC.net
Home 28 March 2024 
 Post Message  |  Top of Board  |  Search  |  Log In   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 
[ please login to use the Like feature ]
 If it is looking likely.....
Topic Originator: ipswichpar  
Date:   Mon 2 Mar 14:06

Have I missed something?!? If they think coronavirus is going to kick off soon, why don't they take early appropriate action to really reduce movement of people? Italy has taken some stronger steps but they reckon they will have to wait a week to test the effectiveness. Seems daft to wait for the number of cases to reach a point to prompt action. Think we have enough evidence from other countries what will happen in time...
[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: If it is looking likely.....
Topic Originator: LochgellyAlbert  
Date:   Mon 2 Mar 16:14

I see Ronaldo managed to escape Turin last night to watch El Classico, mind you he was in a perspex private box and probably didn't fly Ryanair!
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: veteraneastender  
Date:   Mon 2 Mar 16:43

I was in our local 'Savers' store earlier - fella was in asking if they had any hand sanitiser and was told there was one only left, and it was at checkout.

When I got to be served I noticed there was one sitting half hidden behind the counter so I asked if it were for sale - last one I was advised.

My suspicious mind automatically went into gear - we've all seen the old "last one in stock" routine before !!!

It seems there has been a run on the product nationwide and outlets are having to ration sales.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Mon 2 Mar 17:27

Plenty in Tesco Duloch on Friday!
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: moviescot  
Date:   Mon 2 Mar 18:05

Quote:

veteraneastender, Mon 2 Mar 16:43

I was in our local 'Savers' store earlier - fella was in asking if they had any hand sanitiser and was told there was one only left, and it was at checkout.

When I got to be served I noticed there was one sitting half hidden behind the counter so I asked if it were for sale - last one I was advised.

My suspicious mind automatically went into gear - we've all seen the old "last one in stock" routine before !!!

It seems there has been a run on the product nationwide and outlets are having to ration sales.

All boots are sold out and cannot get it on reorder at the moment.

You're actually better washing your hands regularly.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Rastapari  
Date:   Mon 2 Mar 18:34

You know there doesn't have to be a pandemic going on to...you know...wash your hands regularly?
Just sayin 😉

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Andrew283  
Date:   Mon 2 Mar 18:40

Quote:

Rastapari, Mon 2 Mar 18:34

You know there doesn't have to be a pandemic going on to...you know...wash your hands regularly?
Just sayin 😉

You'd think that'd be just natural behavior but having worked in a couple call centres, there are some absolute mutants out there so keeping hand alcohol nearby my pc is always a necessity.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Raymie the Legend  
Date:   Mon 2 Mar 18:43

I’d estimate more than half of people don’t wash their hands after visiting public toilets in pubs etc

It`s bloody tough being a legend
Ron Atkinson - 1983
[IP address logged]
-
Topic Originator: aaaaaaaaaargh  
Date:   Mon 2 Mar 18:43

I'm not going to blame the government for the way they are handling this. I don't think there is a right way to deal with this at the moment.
I will, however, blame them for a million other things.
They can make it up to me by sending Cummings, Patel, and Gove to work on a coronavirus treatment ward without gloves or masks.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Mon 2 Mar 20:14

Quote:

Raymie the Legend, Mon 2 Mar 18:43

I’d estimate more than half of people don’t wash their hands after visiting public toilets in pubs etc

Indeed. It's disgusting. I always watch where they touch the door on exit and avoid that area or use my foot.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Mon 2 Mar 20:15

Quote:

Just sayin 😉

You would think wouldn't you. Not what happens in real life though is it?
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: EEP  
Date:   Mon 2 Mar 20:41

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: jake89  
Date:   Mon 2 Mar 20:42

Hand washing is more effective than lathering your hands with alcohol gel. It's meant as an alternative rather than a replacement.

The surgeries are now banning walk ups because of the numpty in Tayside walking into one with the infection despite all the signs telling them NOT to come in.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: EEP  
Date:   Mon 2 Mar 20:45

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: parsfan  
Date:   Mon 2 Mar 22:02

Quote:

EEP, Mon 2 Mar 20:41

For years and a lot of my friends have said I’m a weirdo.... I won’t touch public toilet door handles, trolleys/baskets in supermarkets as I can only imagine what is on them as some people are disgusting when it come to hygiene.
Always use the antibacterial hand gel and had 2 x mild colds in 12 years... never had a day of work In that time.

I'm surprised employers would hold that against you.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
The universe is ruled by chance and indifference

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: gwh18  
Date:   Mon 2 Mar 22:19

To the original post. I would guess the needs of capitalism is the issue.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Rastapari  
Date:   Tue 3 Mar 06:51

Quote:

moviescot, Mon 2 Mar 20:15

Quote:

Just sayin 😉

Speak for yourself matey....

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: DBP  
Date:   Tue 3 Mar 06:59

They're was a feature on a program where they take twins and do tests, where in this example one used gel and the other used soap and water. The result was (confirmed by the micro biologist spring that feature) that your better using soap and water
[IP address logged]
Date:   Tue 3 Mar 07:25

Yes, but gel is better than nothing. More convenient and more likely people will use it.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Tue 3 Mar 08:17

Quote:

Rastapari, Tue 3 Mar 06:51

Quote:

moviescot, Mon 2 Mar 20:15

Quote:

Just sayin 😉

Speak for yourself matey....

What are you suggesting. It's extremely clear that if you go into any bar toilet at least 50% of the guys do not wash their hands. I have never not washed my hands. I never use the handle in bar toilet with my hands. I shoulder it or use my foot. If it's a pull door I use a paper towel.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Tue 3 Mar 08:19

Quote:

DBP, Tue 3 Mar 06:59

They're was a feature on a program where they take twins and do tests, where in this example one used gel and the other used soap and water. The result was (confirmed by the micro biologist spring that feature) that your better using soap and water

Using gel regularly actually increases the bad bacteria in your hands. By all means use gel if you must but wash your hands as soon as you can afterwards.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Tue 3 Mar 09:25

Having been in the Norrie toilets post match on Saturday I can confirm that hardly any males washed their hands.

The temperature of the water would kill 99.9% of all viruses and a total lack of paper towels makes it a waste of time anyway.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: allparone  
Date:   Tue 3 Mar 09:57

You very rarely see people washing their hands properly in public toilets either. Applying soap then water, rubbing your hands together for a second or two then rinsing doesn’t really cut it against infection unfortunately. The only place I see people washing their hands properly is at work. I can’t think of a time when I’ve seen it being done in a public bathroom tbh.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Mario  
Date:   Wed 4 Mar 11:18

The last time I used the cubicle in the SW stand toilets there was a half eaten bridie sitting on top of the cistern. I’m sure hand washing was involved in the train of events at some point...

Edit: In view of the location perhaps chain of events would be more apt

Post Edited (Wed 04 Mar 12:51)
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: widtink  
Date:   Wed 4 Mar 11:37

Quote:

Mario, Wed 4 Mar 11:18

The last time I used the cubicle in the SW stand toilets there was a half eaten bridie sitting on top of the cistern. I’m sure hand washing was involved in the train of events at some point...

Maybe it was some sort of bridie sting operation designed to lure an infamous bridie burglar.
Chances are the bridie was doused in a chemical that would show up on the guilty parties haunds and coupon under uv light... Thus ensnaring the culprit and ridding us of this most unsavoury individual. (I don't mean bridies are unsavoury... They're awesome).
Or maybe it was just a bridie that had been left in the cludgie and I've seen too many episodes of Columbo.
Anyhoo 🤔

Admin

Post Edited (Wed 04 Mar 11:37)
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: parsmad68  
Date:   Wed 4 Mar 11:48

Quote:

widtink, Wed 04 Mar 11:37

Quote:

Mario, Wed 4 Mar 11:18

Maybe it was some sort of bridie sting operation designed to lure an infamous bridie burglar.
Chances are the bridie was doused in a chemical that would show up on the guilty parties haunds and coupon under uv light... Thus ensnaring the culprit and ridding us of this most unsavoury individual. (I don't mean bridies are unsavoury... They're awesome).
Or maybe it was just a bridie that had been left in the cludgie and I've seen too many episodes of Columbo.
Anyhoo 🤔

Columbo much preferred the Chilli con carne to bridies.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: dd23  
Date:   Wed 4 Mar 14:26

When I'm abroad I use gel after handling money or shaking someones hand as the oral feocal route is the most common cause of infection, and soap and water isn't an option.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: PARrot  
Date:   Wed 4 Mar 15:52

Quote:

dd23, Wed 4 Mar 14:26

When I'm abroad I use gel after handling money or shaking someones hand as the oral feocal route is the most common cause of infection, and soap and water isn't an option.

Why when you are abroad. Has Johny foriegner's jobbies mair potent than ours?

[IP address logged]
Date:   Wed 4 Mar 16:02

No but I've built up immunities to stuff over here which I don't have when I'm abroad.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: PARrot  
Date:   Wed 4 Mar 16:59

Quote:

dd23, Wed 4 Mar 16:02

No but I've built up immunities to stuff over here which I don't have when I'm abroad.

I think we should all be more carefull with money. It really is manky. People that handle cash from customers should use a disinfectant gel regularly.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: red-star-par  
Date:   Wed 4 Mar 20:15

Quote:

dd23, Wed 4 Mar 14:26

What countries in particular? I guess in predominantly Muslim countries it will be more of an issue
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: OzPar  
Date:   Thu 5 Mar 02:05

<<I think we should all be more carefull with money. It really is manky. People that handle cash from customers should use a disinfectant gel regularly.>>

Back in the '60s, after a game at EEP, I would share my poke of chips with the conductor of the red and cream Fife bus that took me home. In those days, the conductor had a leather pouch over his shoulder which carried all his coins. His hands were blacker than a miner's after a long shift, but I never thought twice about the possibility of infection.

Changed days, eh?

:)
[IP address logged]
Date:   Thu 5 Mar 05:01

Dont worry Oz, I think you are probably through the incubation period by now!
[IP address logged]
Date:   Thu 5 Mar 14:09

Redstarpar, predominantly developing countries.
[IP address logged]
 Top of Board  |  Forum List  |  Threaded View   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 

Rows: 0
 Forum List  |  Need a Login? Register Here 
 User Login
 User Name:
 Password:
 Remember my login:

Forgot Your Password?
Enter your email address or user name below and a new password will be sent to the email address associated with your profile.
Security : type 'pars' in the box:
email:
© 2021-- DAFC.net