DAFC.net
Home 07 August 2020 
 Post Message  |  Top of Board  |  Go to Topic  |  Search  |  Twitter Updates  |  Log In   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 
[ please login to use the Like feature ]
 Sky TV
Topic Originator: istvan kozma  
Date:   Sat 14 Mar 23:18

Tried live chat online today with Sky. Want to cancel sky sports when it's unlikely I'll see any live sport for some time now. Anyway couldn't get on as they were too busy. Don't feel I owe Sky any loyalty given the silly prices they charge. Will try again tomorrow to see if I can switch my sports for movies at least for a month or two.

KOZMA


[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: Sky TV
Topic Originator: DBP  
Date:   Sun 15 Mar 07:06

I was thinking that... I'm tied into a year's deal with sky sports so won't be able to do anything but those who pay for it month on month will be daft not to cancel
[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: Sky TV
Topic Originator: Parsmad  
Date:   Mon 16 Mar 09:44

Purely playing devils advocate but taking a similar stance from the other side of the fence.... should Sky, BT be stopping all payments to sporting bodies, football clubs etc while there is no content available?
[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: Sky TV
Topic Originator: Raymie the Legend  
Date:   Mon 16 Mar 09:48

If you want to cancel sports and keep movies, you might save £1 ?
You would need to cancel both sports and movies to make a considerable saving




It's bloody tough being a legend
Ron Atkinson - 1983
[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: Sky TV
Topic Originator: DBP  
Date:   Mon 16 Mar 10:22

Quote:

Raymie the Legend, Mon 16 Mar 09:48

If you want to cancel sports and keep movies, you might save £1 ?
You would need to cancel both sports and movies to make a considerable saving


But its about getting what you paid for... So you may not save money, but what you get is to watch films for your money rather than empty pitches
[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: Sky TV
Topic Originator: The One Who Knocks  
Date:   Mon 16 Mar 10:24

Actually I'm pretty sure it is quite a big difference between the sports package and the movie package.

Doubt is not a pleasant condition, but certainty is absurd
[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: Sky TV
Topic Originator: RossF  
Date:   Mon 16 Mar 20:23

Got everything there for Sky TV for £52 for 18 months, which I’m happy with. That was offered during my cancellation period as the best they could do was £70 a month before I put my cancellation notice in.
[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: Sky TV
Topic Originator: istvan kozma  
Date:   Mon 16 Mar 21:50

I moaned and moaned and eventually after saying I was cancelling got the movies and sports for £43 a month for 18 months. They tried to charge a £20 admin fee. I refused to accept and this was waived. I still grudge this but it was certainly an improvement on £59 a month for just the sports package.

KOZMA


[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: Sky TV
Topic Originator: RossF  
Date:   Mon 16 Mar 22:23

That’s decent. It’s amazing how low you can get it once you’ve actually put your cancellation notice in. One week ago they said they could go any lower than 70 quid for everything. With the click of a finger...£52 plus I managed to get another mini box. Least I’ve got tele to watch if I’m isolated with the family! I agreed to pay £10 admin fee but regret it now, think I could have knocked that off.
[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: Sky TV
Topic Originator: P  
Date:   Tue 17 Mar 11:08

I got an email from them with a list of annual price increases they were going to apply from April which is quite astonishingly poor timing on their part 😂


[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: Sky TV
Topic Originator: Alf  
Date:   Tue 17 Mar 21:34

You can now pause your Sky Sports subscription, no fee and no notice period, just need to call them
[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: Sky TV
Topic Originator: d3monstrate  
Date:   Wed 18 Mar 07:38

https://www.sky.com/shop/covid19-customer-update?irct=PHP-banner-COVID
[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: Sky TV
Topic Originator: Big T Par  
Date:   Tue 24 Mar 16:53

Absolutely impossible to get in touch with sky to cancel. Can I just cancel the direct debit?

[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: Sky TV
Topic Originator: da_no_1  
Date:   Tue 24 Mar 16:58

Quote:

Big T Par, Tue 24 Mar 16:53

Absolutely impossible to get in touch with sky to cancel. Can I just cancel the direct debit?


I did it through the MySky app

"Some days will stay a 1000 years, some pass like the flash of a spark"
[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: Sky TV
Topic Originator: Big T Par  
Date:   Tue 24 Mar 17:12

Quote:

da_no_1, Tue 24 Mar 16:58

Quote:

Big T Par, Tue 24 Mar 16:53

Absolutely impossible to get in touch with sky to cancel. Can I just cancel the direct debit?


I did it through the MySky app


I'm trying to do that. Getting nowhere

[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: Sky TV
Topic Originator: da_no_1  
Date:   Tue 24 Mar 17:44

Quote:

Big T Par, Tue 24 Mar 17:12

Quote:

da_no_1, Tue 24 Mar 16:58

Quote:

Big T Par, Tue 24 Mar 16:53

Absolutely impossible to get in touch with sky to cancel. Can I just cancel the direct debit?


I did it through the MySky app


I'm trying to do that. Getting nowhere


Be patient mate. It took ages but eventually worked

"Some days will stay a 1000 years, some pass like the flash of a spark"
[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: Sky TV
Topic Originator: P  
Date:   Tue 24 Mar 17:56

I paused my sports but the button refused to work on the app or phone browser. I had to logon to a real PC and then it worked fine.


[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: Sky TV
Topic Originator: Big T Par  
Date:   Fri 27 Mar 13:44

Can I cancel Sky without having to endure the 31 day for tv and 14 day for broadband, wait? My bill is due on the 13th of April. Can I cancel my direct debit (after it has been paid) on that date?

Cheers

[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: Sky TV
Topic Originator: Thaipar  
Date:   Fri 27 Mar 14:16

Quote:

Big T Par, Fri 27 Mar 13:44

Can I cancel Sky without having to endure the 31 day for tv and 14 day for broadband, wait? My bill is due on the 13th of April. Can I cancel my direct debit (after it has been paid) on that date?

Cheers


Paying on 13th April will be for 1 month in advance for TV. So you will lose service in May. You will still get a bill to be paid in June for any phone calls or ppv you may have used.
You do still have to tell them you are cancelling or they will send you a bill fo 14th April onwards for TV.

Important you tell them you are cancelling.

If you call today you will be billed pro rata so you will pay 30 days pro rata meaning bill on 13th April will only be for 14 days or so.

Please don't book me Admin, it will ruin my life.
[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: Sky TV
Topic Originator: Big T Par  
Date:   Fri 27 Mar 14:20

Quote:

Thaipar, Fri 27 Mar 14:16

Quote:

Big T Par, Fri 27 Mar 13:44

Can I cancel Sky without having to endure the 31 day for tv and 14 day for broadband, wait? My bill is due on the 13th of April. Can I cancel my direct debit (after it has been paid) on that date?

Cheers


Paying on 13th April will be for 1 month in advance for TV. So you will lose service in May. You will still get a bill to be paid in June for any phone calls or ppv you may have used.
You do still have to tell them you are cancelling or they will send you a bill fo 14th April onwards for TV.

Important you tell them you are cancelling.

If you call today you will be billed pro rata so you will pay 30 days pro rata meaning bill on 13th April will only be for 14 days or so.


Thank you sir

[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: Sky TV
Topic Originator: LochgellyAlbert  
Date:   Fri 27 Mar 14:21

Their customer service will explain the billing to you, mind and record it!
[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: Sky TV
Topic Originator: eastendalloapar  
Date:   Sat 28 Mar 19:53

I don't take Sky Sports as they don't show the Scottish Championship. Am I sad?

matt forsyth
[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: Sky TV
Topic Originator: moviescot  
Date:   Sat 28 Mar 21:15

Quote:

eastendalloapar, Sat 28 Mar 19:53

I don't take Sky Sports as they don't show the Scottish Championship. Am I sad?


I don't take Sky as they are a rip off
[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: Sky TV
Topic Originator: twin par  
Date:   Sun 29 Mar 00:03

I don't take them for that same reason.And it is a rip off.

Post Edited (Sun 29 Mar 00:05)
[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: Sky TV
Topic Originator: moviescot  
Date:   Sun 29 Mar 05:06

Quote:

twin par, Sun 29 Mar 00:03

I don't take them for that same reason.And it is a rip off.


I know it's cruel but I kind of hope they will be so badly damaged that they won't be able to afford to continue to ruin sport.
[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: Sky TV
Topic Originator: KirklistonPar  
Date:   Sun 29 Mar 07:47

If sky couldn’t afford to pay for it then someone like Amazon would just come in and buy the rights. English football would crumble into a mess with loads of clubs going bust in ever tier. £18 a month is good value for the amount of games that are shown. For the price of going to one live game you can watch 30 plus game from the comfort of you couch.
[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: Sky TV
Topic Originator: moviescot  
Date:   Sun 29 Mar 10:06

Quote:

KirklistonPar, Sun 29 Mar 07:47

If sky couldn’t afford to pay for it then someone like Amazon would just come in and buy the rights. English football would crumble into a mess with loads of clubs going bust in ever tier. £18 a month is good value for the amount of games that are shown. For the price of going to one live game you can watch 30 plus game from the comfort of you couch.


Not really interested in English football so would never pay them.
[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: Sky TV
Topic Originator: broontroot  
Date:   Tue 21 Apr 18:36

Put my notice in to cancel my tv package and it run out yesterday, never got offered a thing , no emails or phone calls offering me a deal , they must be slowing that side down due to the Corona virus , now it's a question of where do I go to next , dont really want to give money to Branson but it's looking like I might
[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: Sky TV
Topic Originator: rikaka  
Date:   Tue 21 Apr 19:28

John Malone you mean.
[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: Sky TV
Topic Originator: OzPar  
Date:   Wed 22 Apr 06:22

< <now it's a question of where do I go to next , dont really want to give money to Branson but it's looking like I might>>



Netflix or such like for films, series etc. If you have a smart TV, there's plenty of entertainment. You likely will never watch normal TV again.
[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Top of Board  |  Forum List  |  Threaded View   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 


 Forum List  |  Need a Login? Register Here 
 User Login
 User Name:
 Password:
 Remember my login:
   
 Forgot Your Password?
Enter your email address or user name below and a new password will be sent to the email address associated with your profile.
Security : type 'pars' in the box:
email:
© 2020 -- DAFC.net