DAFC.net
Home 29 March 2024 
 Post Message  |  Top of Board  |  Search  |  Log In   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 
[ please login to use the Like feature ]
 Children of Key Workers
Topic Originator: GG Riva  
Date:   Fri 20 Mar 08:26

Schools are to be kept open for the children of key workers, which is understandable, but the list is pretty exhaustive:-

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2020/mar/20/key-worker-official-list-of-uk-personnel-who-can-still-send-children-to-school?CMP=Share_AndroidApp_WhatsApp

It might be easier to list those whose children are barred from attending school.

Not your average Sunday League player.
[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: Children of Key Workers
Topic Originator: wee eck  
Date:   Fri 20 Mar 09:37

We'll find out how indispensable they really are the next time they ask for a pay rise.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: jake89  
Date:   Fri 20 Mar 14:08

The are suggesting only those in those groups who REALLY need to come in. Both myself and my wife work for the NHS. She will be going in as she is going to be transferred from normal duties. Although I'm in the same group as her, I'm fortunate that my work can be done remotely and I can work evenings/weekends to a certain extent.

Same will apply to councils. We still need the bins emptied, vulnerable people supported, lights fixed and children taught. We can probably survive without policy makers right now.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Raymie the Legend  
Date:   Fri 20 Mar 16:01

A colleague’s partner works in a private nursery. They are being asked to stay open to look after kids from these groups.
The problem is she has an 8 year old at school so my colleague might have to stay off work to look after him.
Does she fall under this essential worker group ?

It`s bloody tough being a legend
Ron Atkinson - 1983
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: wee eck  
Date:   Fri 20 Mar 16:09

''Education and childcare
Nursery, teaching staff and social workers.''

The answer is 'yes'.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Jeffery  
Date:   Fri 20 Mar 19:03

Mate of mine works in a call centre for a bank and is saying he's essential. That surely can't be 'essential'?!
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: ipswichpar  
Date:   Fri 20 Mar 19:07

There is a provision for some folks in the financial sector. Given they want money moving to folks then it wouldn't surprise me.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Big T Par  
Date:   Fri 20 Mar 20:00

Not wanting to make light of this god forsaken apocalypse, but last night, sat my two boys down and with the most serious face I could muster, told them that, as I was considered a key worker, that they would still be going to school. They won't be btw

I've never, ever seen such disappointment on someone's face, as their's 😅😅 Wish I had videoed it.

[IP address logged]
-
Topic Originator: donj  
Date:   Fri 20 Mar 20:04

Evil bugger lol.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Fri 20 Mar 20:04

Quote:

Big T Par, Fri 20 Mar 20:00

Not wanting to make light of this god forsaken apocalypse, but last night, sat my two boys down and with the most serious face I could muster, told them that, as I was considered a key worker, that they would still be going to school. They won't be btw

I've never, ever seen such disappointment on someone's face, as their's 😅😅 Wish I had videoed it.

Do you work at Timpsons?
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Big T Par  
Date:   Fri 20 Mar 20:23

Quote:

ipswichpar, Fri 20 Mar 20:04

Quote:

Big T Par, Fri 20 Mar 20:00

Do you work at Timpsons?

😅😅

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: EEP  
Date:   Fri 20 Mar 20:51

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: The One Who Knocks  
Date:   Fri 20 Mar 21:19

Jeffrey, if you had your credit/debit card lost or stolen would you feel it was essential to cancel the card?
Probably a whole range of jobs could be considered essential at some level or another.
What it seems to be is that a good number of the essential workers are on the lowest wages are just going to have to get on it with while the managers and policy makers and those on a lucrative wage will get to "work" from home while chilling out binge watching netflix.

And although my eyes were open
They just might as well be closed
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: OzPar  
Date:   Fri 20 Mar 23:30

Key workers... puts me in mind of the last chapter of 'Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy'. Let's form an orderly queue for that spaceship.

:)
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: dafc  
Date:   Sat 21 Mar 00:04

Raymie if a teacher etc is looking after key workers children in effect it makes their children the same and should be in same nursery or school.
However partner needs to be key worker as well
From my understanding
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: DulochConvert  
Date:   Sat 21 Mar 01:47

Big T Par,

I also did the same at dinner tonight with my 3, explaining as I was a key worker they would be expected to go to school.
I had to laugh at my sons response, can I not just come to work with you! Genuinely couldn’t think why he couldn’t!
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Berry  
Date:   Sat 21 Mar 16:02

Quote:

jake89, Fri 20 Mar 14:08

The are suggesting only those in those groups who REALLY need to come in. Both myself and my wife work for the NHS. She will be going in as she is going to be transferred from normal duties. Although I'm in the same group as her, I'm fortunate that my work can be done remotely and I can work evenings/weekends to a certain extent.

Same will apply to councils. We still need the bins emptied, vulnerable people supported, lights fixed and children taught. We can probably survive without policy makers right now.

Jake not sure if you’ve read it already but every Sunday Tesco stores will open an hour earlier purely for Tesco colleagues and NHS staff, won’t be able to purchase anything at checkout until the store formally opens but give you the opportunity to browse and pick the stuff you need.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: jake89  
Date:   Sat 21 Mar 18:20

Cheers Berry. We're fortunate that the local supermarkets seem okay but saw down south there's nurses going in to get their lunch and there's nothing for them. Understand people are worried and stocking up in case they need to self-isolate but they can still get their food delivered and left at the door.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 21 Mar 18:32

The problem is that there are no delivery slots available. We normally get a delivery once a week.....cant get one round here now for the next 3.

Our local shops always have enough meat. Now they have been stripped bare. Folks are clearly buyin extra and freezing it.

Fannies.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Jeffery  
Date:   Sun 22 Mar 14:36

I was in Currys PC World on Wednesday to buy a printer and the guy on the desk said the had sold tons of freezers...
[IP address logged]
 Top of Board  |  Forum List  |  Threaded View   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 

Rows: 0
 Forum List  |  Need a Login? Register Here 
 User Login
 User Name:
 Password:
 Remember my login:

Forgot Your Password?
Enter your email address or user name below and a new password will be sent to the email address associated with your profile.
Security : type 'pars' in the box:
email:
© 2021-- DAFC.net