DAFC.net
Home 28 March 2024 
 Post Message  |  Top of Board  |  Search  |  Log In   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 
[ please login to use the Like feature ]
 Cancelled package holiday refunds
Topic Originator: veteraneastender  
Date:   Sun 22 Mar 22:43

For anybody who might have issues in respect of claiming refunds.

https://www.independent.co.uk/travel/news-and-advice/package-holiday-refund-rules-suspended-abta-coronavirus-a9417261.html

Especially the last two paragraphs.

I'm not clear on the scenario for those who arranged DIY holidays, or went through online travel agents who cobbled together flights, transfers and accommodation as separate elements.
[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: Cancelled package holiday refunds
Topic Originator: londonparsfan  
Date:   Mon 23 Mar 10:42

Thanks VEE I hadn't seen that.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Buspasspar  
Date:   Mon 23 Mar 10:46

My Son in law paid for himself my daughter wife and granddaughter flights to New York with his credit card ....If cancelled is he covered by the bank ?
[IP address logged]
Date:   Mon 23 Mar 10:49

Quote:

Buspasspar, Mon 23 Mar 10:46

My Son in law paid for himself my daughter wife and granddaughter flights to New York with his credit card ....If cancelled is he covered by the bank ?

Should be a section 75 claim there I would think.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Mon 23 Mar 10:51

https://www.moneysavingexpert.com/travel/holiday-rights/

Gives more details.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Mon 23 Mar 12:39

Underlines the advantages of booking a full package holiday from the likes of TUI rather than DIY.

A lesson we learnt in Malta ten years ago when the volcanic eruption in Iceland grounded flights.

We were on a Thomas Cook package and they had a duty of care to provide accommodation and meals until a flight home was laid on - they just kept us in the hotel on same HB basis and chartered an Air Malta plane to repatriate us.

The DIY punters in the same hotel were obliged to pay for ongoing accommodation etc. and eventually had to arrange own way home at considerable expense and inconvenience.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: da_no_1  
Date:   Mon 23 Mar 12:55

Travel Republic have offered a credit note (to be used in the next 6 months for a holiday before the end of 2021) which I've refused. Re-booking a holiday is absolutely the last thing on my mind just now.

"Some days will stay a 1000 years, some pass like the flash of a spark"
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Buspasspar  
Date:   Mon 23 Mar 13:26

Thanks LPF
[IP address logged]
-
Date:   Mon 23 Mar 13:34

You are very welcome BPP.

Da that's a bit of a shocker. I've just cancelled my parents trip to Venice with Lastminute and I had an automated message saying I would get a full refund with a request not to contact them as they'll be busy and it will take up to a month to process. It didnt state whether it would be cash or vouchers. I think a lot of people would accept a voucher but attaching a time limit on them is a disgrace especially for six months. Nobody is going to want to travel that quickly. I hope you get that resolved to your satisfaction.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Mon 23 Mar 14:19

Just to clarify, it's only to be booked by the end of September. The holiday can be taken before the end of 2021.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: donj  
Date:   Mon 23 Mar 14:29

And what if this doesn't calm do they refund you then?
[IP address logged]
Date:   Mon 23 Mar 14:30

Quote:

da_no_1, Mon 23 Mar 14:19

Just to clarify, it's only to be booked by the end of September. The holiday can be taken before the end of 2021.

Sorry despite the fact its clear in your post I completely misread it!
[IP address logged]
Date:   Mon 23 Mar 15:14

Quote:

donj, Mon 23 Mar 14:29

And what if this doesn't calm do they refund you then?

Not sure. I've refused it anyway. Will keep you bored.....I mean posted

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: LochgellyAlbert  
Date:   Mon 23 Mar 15:26

Quote:

Buspasspar, Mon 23 Mar 10:46

After much haggling on Twitter I have managed to get a refund from American Airlines for an internal flight, they were initially only offering a voucher to be used by the end of the year.

Have filled in refund form for Aer Lingus flights, Edinburgh to Chicago via Dublin, still waiting on a response, flights were 2 weeks away.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: MikeyLeonard  
Date:   Mon 23 Mar 15:52

Quote:

londonparsfan, Mon 23 Mar 13:34

You are very welcome BPP.

Da that's a bit of a shocker. I've just cancelled my parents trip to Venice with Lastminute and I had an automated message saying I would get a full refund with a request not to contact them as they'll be busy and it will take up to a month to process. It didnt state whether it would be cash or vouchers. I think a lot of people would accept a voucher but attaching a time limit on them is a disgrace especially for six months. Nobody is going to want to travel that quickly. I hope you get that resolved to your satisfaction.

I've just had a package holiday cancelled by Lastminute.com and received an email from them saying they will refund in the form of a voucher which will last for 12 months. I've tried to contact them (to tell them that I can't travel again in that time period and that I insist on the money being refunded onto my credit card) umpteen times but to no avail, phone keeps ringing out after an hour on hold, emails bounce back etc.

My holiday insurance covers me for the Covid-19 cancellation but they say to contact Lastminute.com first to get refunded but this is proving impossible. They did say that they would be 'sympathetic' to my claim if I was still unable to get in touch with Lastminute.com, however and that due to how busy they were, I have to contact them 5 days before I was due to leave on holiday to initiate my claim.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Mon 23 Mar 15:57

https://uk.trustpilot.com/review/www.lastminute.com

Doesn't make good reading for some of us. . . .

Post Edited (Mon 23 Mar 17:52)
[IP address logged]
Date:   Mon 23 Mar 16:14

Quote:

MikeyLeonard, Mon 23 Mar 15:57

https://uk.trustpilot.com/review/www.lastminute.com

Doesn't make good reading for some of us. . . .

Thanks for the heads up mate. I've actually got my own holiday booked through them for November and have only paid the deposit so I could use the vouchers as part payment for that but it's not great for anyone else that has had their travel plans hoofed.

Have you looked at the Section 75 claim if you were sensible enough to book it on a credit card? I stupidly used my debit card so I cant go down that route.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Mon 23 Mar 17:56

Yeah, that's my third option. It was actually someone from my credit card provider who suggested going to the travel company first, travel insurance provider next then if all that fails, credit card provider so I should manage to get my refund from one of those routes.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Mon 23 Mar 18:28

Problem with them giving you a voucher is that "will they still be in business?"
[IP address logged]
Date:   Mon 23 Mar 19:10

A very good point actually.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Mon 23 Mar 19:54

"Problem with them giving you a voucher is that "will they still be in business?" "

If they are ATOL registered there is a fund to repay customers where a member company goes under.

https://www.which.co.uk/consumer-rights/advice/my-package-holiday-has-been-changed-or-cancelled

From what I've read there is so much pressure on this fund right now that there are fears it will run out of cash - cue the government to cover refunds.

The recent Thomas Cook debacle would have been a major hit.

If the firm is not ATOL registered then there is obviously a problem.

I suspect we'll see a very different travel industry apres le deluge.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Mon 23 Mar 20:11

Does that still apply though if you havent rebooked your holiday and still hold the vouchers? I thought you got treated as a creditor in that scenario but I might be completely wrong on that point.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: parathletic  
Date:   Mon 23 Mar 21:39

You can still raise a chargeback if you used a debit card if the retailer is refusing to refund you.Unlike Section 75 it is a voluntary arrangement but it is worth enquiring with your bank.The one bonus of a chargeback instead of Section 75 is that the minimum transaction amount is £10 instead of £100 so if you have only paid a smaller amount as a deposit you could claim back under normal circumstances.

The time limit on making your Chargeback claim depends on which company issue your card:

MasterCard: You need to start your claim no more than 120 days after your transaction went wrong

Visa: Within 120 days of the transaction going wrong (or 180 days for an overseas transaction)

American Express: Within three months of the transaction

Another point worth noting is that if in future you want to be covered by Section 75 all you need to do is pay £1 on your credit card, you can pay the difference by alternative means and still be covered for the full amount.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Tue 24 Mar 09:00

"Does that still apply though if you havent rebooked your holiday and still hold the vouchers? I thought you got treated as a creditor in that scenario but I might be completely wrong on that point"

Going by those articles, as I read it, the customer is entitled to a refund if the travel company etc. fails - with the government the eventual guarantor.

Like you I'm open to be educated otherwise.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Raymie the Legend  
Date:   Tue 24 Mar 09:24

anyone know what happens if you have insurance for the duration of your holiday but owing to flight cancellations, that period has elapsed?

It`s bloody tough being a legend
Ron Atkinson - 1983
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: parsmad68  
Date:   Tue 24 Mar 09:42

There was an excellent guest on Kaye Adams show discussing travel refunds. I am sure you can listen to it through the listen again function. Would advise to listen as he was extremely helpful. Seems anyone who is not ABTA affiliated could have these troubles. He even requested cases be sent to him based upon his guidelines and he would take to government level.
Update. The show was last week.

Post Edited (Tue 24 Mar 09:43)
[IP address logged]
Date:   Tue 24 Mar 09:55

Quote:

Raymie the Legend, Tue 24 Mar 09:24

anyone know what happens if you have insurance for the duration of your holiday but owing to flight cancellations, that period has elapsed?

I'm certainly no expert on travel insurance but I'd assume that as the flight was cancelled when the insurance was in existence then the policy would apply. It might be difficult getting through but I'd try the insurance company.

There might well be a claim under the EU airline regs as well if your daughter and her boyfriend were bumped from the flight so they could sell the seat at a higher price.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Tue 24 Mar 10:16

They tripled price of seats and still taken.
I'm waiting to hear from them.

I would imagine the insurance should cover them but she told me that pandemics were not insure, however her airline has a duty of care under article 9 of the EU regulation 261/2004 but F**K that, if you can make a quick buck

Ron Atkinson - 1983
[IP address logged]
Date:   Tue 24 Mar 11:50

I've just had an email from Aerlingus asking if I want to upgrade my seat on my Chicago flight a week on Friday!!!😡😡😡
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Thaipar  
Date:   Tue 24 Mar 11:56

Quote:

LochgellyAlbert, Tue 24 Mar 11:50

I've just had an email from Aerlingus asking if I want to upgrade my seat on my Chicago flight a week on Friday!!!😡😡😡

Flight will possibly be very quiet. You will have 2 or 3 rows to yourself. 😏😏

[IP address logged]
Date:   Tue 24 Mar 12:52

I wish!!
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: P  
Date:   Tue 24 Mar 13:03

Quote:

MikeyLeonard, Mon 23 Mar 17:56

Yeah, that's my third option. It was actually someone from my credit card provider who suggested going to the travel company first, travel insurance provider next then if all that fails, credit card provider so I should manage to get my refund from one of those routes.

That’s a fob off, I would go back and firmly explain you want a chargeback under section 75 as is your right. If you claim on insurance you will have an excess that you will lose anyway but that’s not the point it is the fastest most certain way to get your money back (they just don’t like doing it but that’s not your problem)

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: parathletic  
Date:   Tue 24 Mar 13:43

It is your right but to have a water-tight claim you should contact the retailer in the first instance.Under Section 75 you are only covered if it is the case

(a) that the supplier cannot be traced,
(b) that the debtor has contacted the supplier but the supplier has not responded,
(c) that the supplier is insolvent, or
(d) that the debtor has taken reasonable steps to pursue his claim against the supplier but has not obtained satisfaction for his claim.

If you haven't taken those steps in theory your claim could be rejected. (I have seen it happen)

I wouldn't go down the insurance route, unless your Section 75 claim is declined but you should always contact the retailer in the first instance where possible.

Post Edited (Tue 24 Mar 16:24)
[IP address logged]
Date:   Tue 24 Mar 16:23

Thanks folks.

I can't contact lastminute.com as they haven't answered any emails, when I call I am put on hold which can last for around an hour before the phone goes dead. Apparently, I'm not alone.

My travel insurance is through my bank account with Bank Of Scotland and my credit card is also with BOS so it seems strange they would fob me off when I'm dealing with the same bank ?

Anyway, I've sent an email to lastminute.com refusing a voucher (if they read it) so I at least have an electronic trail to back up my attempts of trying to contact them should I need to go down credit card route.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Tue 24 Mar 16:36

"I've just had an email from Aerlingus asking if I want to upgrade my seat on my Chicago flight a week on Friday!!!😡😡😡 "

Have they offered an upgrade for the same day return flight when you are denied entry at O'hare International ?
[IP address logged]
Date:   Tue 24 Mar 19:03

The plane will be that empty that I've suggested to my wife that we join the mile high club!😜😜😜

I can't tell you the answer!😡💔
[IP address logged]
Date:   Fri 27 Mar 09:39

The crisis in the aviation industry has just impacted harder.

https://www.cityam.com/aviation-services-firm-john-menzies-axes-17500-staff-over-coronavirus-hit/
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: eastendalloapar  
Date:   Sat 28 Mar 19:48

We're hoping to go on a cruise, the plus point is that it starts in November. However the ship has not yet being fitted out so it hopefully hasn't got any virus aboard it.

matt forsyth
[IP address logged]
Date:   Mon 6 Apr 16:39

I appreciate that this is not the top concern for people at the moment but lastminute.com have cancelled my cancellation request and reinstated the holiday despite the fact the flights are cancelled and will not be flying in a fortnight.

In the email I received it said there were no refunds as per the Ts&Cs despite taking a screenshot of a message stating I was entitled to a full refund when I cancelled the booking last time.

Going in to the manage booking option gives the cancellation option again with confirmation that a full refund is due so I've cancelled again.

Just wanted to give other .netters that might have used lastminute a heads up that you might need to cancel holidays that you previously already cancelled.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Mon 6 Apr 16:56

This is happening all across the travel industry, companies and airlines trying to play the "Get Out Of Jail" card in respect of refunds.

Holidays that are arranged as separate standalone components by these firms especially.

Fully integrated package deals from the likes of TUI are better protected by ABTA.

ABTA link

This crisis has clearly identified the disadvantages of DIY arrangements compared to fully packaged holidays.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Mon 6 Apr 21:44

Had full refunds from American Airlines and Aer Lingus, credit notes were mentioned but I insisted on refunds which have now appeared on my credit card statement.

Still chasing my meet & greet car parking, they've suggested I claim from my travel insurance, even though they weren't open!
[IP address logged]
Date:   Mon 6 Apr 22:38

Glad you've managed to get the majority back!
[IP address logged]
Date:   Tue 7 Apr 10:49

Bit of arguing on Twitter but some success!
[IP address logged]
Date:   Thu 9 Apr 17:55

I've had an update about my refund from Lastminute.com today -

"Here's the information about your refund.

We will contact you as soon as we have more information about your refund, or any alternative options that may be available to you as a result of this cancellation. However, as we are dealing with a very high volume of customer requests and queries, this process may take us"

The information re the refund is different in todays email than from the one originally sent on the 20th March -

"Here's the information about your refund.

Your refund will be made as a voucher, for an amount equal to the value of your booking. It will be valid for use on our site for 12 months.

At this point in time, we are only able to issue refunds in the form of a voucher: due to the high volume of refunds we are currently handling, this may take longer than usual."

Hopefully this means the vouchers aren't being issued after all.

Post Edited (Thu 09 Apr 17:56)
[IP address logged]
Date:   Thu 9 Apr 19:01

Thanks Mikey that just made me double check my emails and I've had that too after getting the first saying its vouchers.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Fri 10 Apr 09:14

They are still stalling big time on making refunds - like just about every other travel company facing having to pay back large sums for cancelled holidays.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Fri 10 Apr 15:06

https://www.which.co.uk/news/2020/04/coronavirus-travel-agents-breaking-the-law-by-refusing-or-delaying-cancelled-package-holiday-refunds/?utm_campaign=whichukf&utm_medium=social&utm_source=facebook&utm_content=travelagents&utm_term=fbnews
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 11 Apr 10:16

Thanks for that link LA.

TUI have announced re-start of flights from 17th June - yet they are only cancelling packages up to 14th May, and cruises to 31st May.

How does that work ?

We have a booking for the Balearics flying on 21st May - which begs the obvious question !!!

Post Edited (Sat 11 Apr 11:07)
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: the saline hill puma  
Date:   Sat 11 Apr 10:24

Quote:

veteraneastender, Sat 11 Apr 10:16

Thanks for that link LA.

TUI have announced re-start of flights from 17th June - yet thay are only cancelling packages up to 14th May, and cruises to 31st May.

How does that work ?

We have a booking for the Balearics flying on 21st May - which begs the obvious question !!!

Will be down to managing caseloads probably
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 11 Apr 10:24

Quote:

veteraneastender, Sat 11 Apr 10:16

Thanks for that link LA.

TUI have announced re-start of flights from 17th June - yet thay are only cancelling packages up to 14th May, and cruises to 31st May.

How does that work ?

Whatever you do, don’t cancel. Wait for your holiday to be cancelled

Ron Atkinson - 1983
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 11 Apr 10:32

https://www.independent.co.uk/travel/news-and-advice/coronavirus-refund-credit-note-voucher-atol-holiday-cancelled-a9456886.html

I thought there was an important point in there that confirms vouchers aren't protected and you do essentially become a creditor if your travel provider goes belly up.

They seem to think that a credit note voucher holds more legal sway and is still protected.

Ultimately there has been no change in the law though and customers are still entitled to a cash refund so if you dont want either a voucher or a credit note refund then we should continue to push for a refund.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 11 Apr 11:19

"Will be down to managing caseloads probably"

The sensible way forward would be to cancel all holidays and cruises up until the date that flights resume - and to advise that clients would be contacted in chronological order of departure dates in respect of options to re-book or refunds.

No way do I intend to cancel before TUI are obliged to do so - that's exactly the option they would prefer in order to retain deposits etc.

If a travel company goes bust the government will be the final guarantor of refunds - which money comes from the taxpayer.

We would all be underwriting our own refunds !!!
[IP address logged]
Date:   Thu 16 Apr 19:02

Lastminute have slightly redeemed themselves in my eyes.

Their official refund offer has been made and the offer has 3 options. First: a Credit Refund Note (rather than vouchers so its Atol protected) to the value of the holiday + a £50 voucher with a note stating that if the refund credit note hasn't been used by the end of August I can request a full cash refund if I would rather have the cash than the credit.

2 is vouchers to the value of the holiday.

3 is a full cash refund.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Thu 16 Apr 20:03

Good to hear Lpf. . . . I'll keep an eye on my inbox.

When did they inform you about this ?
[IP address logged]
Date:   Thu 16 Apr 20:28

It was earlier on this afternoon buddy for a holiday due to take place on the 20th April so you might be able to gauge when your email should be coming through from that.

I'd assume you'll get the same. I was quite surprised at the earlier emails as they've been really good when we've dealt with them in the past but was expecting a bit of a row this time but they've redeemed themselves.

Good luck though mate.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: jake89  
Date:   Thu 16 Apr 20:33

Easyjet have reinstated their refund form but it'll take at least 28 days and maybe up to 90 days for it to come through. You have to jump through some hoops to find it too.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Thu 16 Apr 20:55

Quote:

londonparsfan, Thu 16 Apr 20:28

It was earlier on this afternoon buddy for a holiday due to take place on the 20th April so you might be able to gauge when your email should be coming through from that.

I'd assume you'll get the same. I was quite surprised at the earlier emails as they've been really good when we've dealt with them in the past but was expecting a bit of a row this time but they've redeemed themselves.

Good luck though mate.

My holiday dates have come and gone (6th - 13th April). I initiated a claim via my travel insurance around 10 days ago so it would be good to hear from Lastminute soon so I can cancel the claim.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Thu 16 Apr 21:13

Strange! Did you cancel it or let them cancel it?
[IP address logged]
Date:   Thu 16 Apr 21:15

They cancelled it on the 20th March.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Thu 16 Apr 23:50

Surprised by that I would have thought they would have let you know by now.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 19 Apr 11:03

TUI's latest financial wizardry.

Want a refund ?
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 19 Apr 11:42

These companies are clearly fighting for survival but know their fate. Airlines like easyJet are doomed. They've lost the trust they've spent years building up with their refund nonsense.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 19 Apr 23:23

From what I've read online Jet2 appear to be making an effort to action refunds within a reasonable timeframe.

More than can be said of TUI - and others.

Lots of horror stories on travel forums about certain companies passing the buck.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Tue 28 Apr 12:11

Quote:

londonparsfan, Thu 16 Apr 19:02

Their official refund offer has been made and the offer has 3 options. First: a Credit Refund Note (rather than vouchers so its Atol protected) to the value of the holiday + a £50 voucher with a note stating that if the refund credit note hasn't been used by the end of August I can request a full cash refund if I would rather have the cash than the credit.

3 is a full cash refund.

Any joy with this yet LPF ?

I've still had no contact from them (or from my travel insurance company).
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: GEW35  
Date:   Tue 28 Apr 14:16

I was due to go to Cyprus on May 10th, a package holiday with Jet2. They phoned last Saturday to offer me either a rescheduled date (for next year), a credit voucher to be used against a future holiday or a full refund. I’ve opted for the refund, money will be credited within 3-5 working days. I’m happy with that.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: AJ27  
Date:   Tue 28 Apr 14:54

I was due to be in Barcelona this week - a couple of weeks ago Jet 2 emailed and offered either a reschedule or credit voucher - I politely declined and asked for a refund to which they responded that they would phone me. Still waiting.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: helensburghpar  
Date:   Tue 28 Apr 15:02

Was meant to be going to Madeira with jet 2 on Monday. Refund paid in full when I said I didn't want vouchers or other dates.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Tue 28 Apr 15:06

Quote:

helensburghpar, Tue 28 Apr 15:02

Was meant to be going to Madeira with jet 2 on Monday. Refund paid in full when I said I didn't want vouchers or other dates.

Piece of cake

Ron Atkinson - 1983
[IP address logged]
Date:   Tue 28 Apr 18:57

Travel Republic will start issuing refunds on Monday in weekly blocks depending on due departure date.

Apparently....

[IP address logged]
Date:   Tue 28 Apr 22:57

Quote:

MikeyLeonard, Tue 28 Apr 12:11

Quote:

londonparsfan, Thu 16 Apr 19:02

3 is a full cash refund.

Any joy with this yet LPF ?

I've still had no contact from them (or from my travel insurance company).

It's not been credited yet but it appears to have registered my choice and has the amount confirmed as £50.00 more than the holiday booking. I'm not too sure what I can do in terms of advice as I'm sure you will have already tried the different contact methods.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Wed 29 Apr 09:01

👍

Travel insurance company did say they would be 30 days (although this is day 27)
[IP address logged]
Date:   Wed 29 Apr 10:04

Martin Lewis's MSE giving useful stuff this morning reference complaints and refunds etc.

Main Article

If you follow it through you'll get to the main action here.

Complaints etc.

I'm happy to flag up the intermediate steps if anybody is so inclined.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Thu 30 Apr 21:32

I've just had confirmation of the credit note refund and it looks like they've added £50 to the credit note and also sent me a redemption code for a £50 voucher so I think they've made a mistake.

The credit note can be changed for a cash refund from September to 30 April 2021 so if travel is looking dodgy I can still have a refund.

Post Edited (Thu 30 Apr 21:33)
[IP address logged]
Date:   Fri 1 May 12:45

Good news LPF, fingers crossed I'll hear something soon.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Fri 1 May 12:50

Hopefully you yet it sorted soon but I wouldn't be surprised if mine gets cancelled and reissued once they've realise what they've done.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Wed 6 May 21:51

Had another email through today correcting their error and reducing the credit note by £50. I think their comms and their systems are a shambles mate. Looks like they are completely overwhelmed.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Wed 6 May 22:39

Aye, a real mess but still no excuse not to talk to customers when they call, email etc. Thing is, I'd be happy enough accepting vouchers to use for next year (or beyond 😮) but as I can't contact them, I can't ask them about it.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Fri 8 May 15:22

Finally heard from LastMinute today re refund. . .

"We're happy to inform you that the refund for your cancelled Edinburgh - Lanzarote flight/train + hotel package, scheduled for 06 April 2020 - 13 April 2020, is now ready.
To proceed, click on "Get your refund now".

We look forward to welcoming you back very soon.

lastminute​.com"

I selected full cash refund, to which I received this reply . . .

"You've selected a £xxx Cash refund. In the current unprecedented circumstances we are sorry to advise you that we're not able to refund you before the providers have released the funds for your booking.

What's next? We will keep you updated regularly via email on the progress of your refund. You can also check the progress in your account area on our site.

Christ knows how long this'll take.

I guess it's still progress though.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Fri 8 May 16:01

"Aye, a real mess but still no excuse not to talk to customers when they call, email etc."

If a TUI store is closed and you can't make contact online or 'phone...........

You couldn't make this up !!!

Post Edited (Fri 08 May 16:02)
[IP address logged]
Date:   Fri 8 May 19:15

Glad you've at least had that ML. Hopefully means you should get it back at some point.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 9 May 16:55

Yesterday Travel Republic refunded me in full. I paid the holiday on a visa then paid it off immediately. They've refunded my visa and after a few secure messages between me and Barclaycard I'm now waiting on the funds being transferred into my bank account

Post Edited (Sat 09 May 16:57)
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 9 May 17:57

Jet 2 have finally contacted me today about my 4 day trip to Barcelona on 26th April - they’ve promised the money will be back in my account in 4 days.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 9 May 20:58

Good stuff. Glad folk are getting it sorted.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: auldpar  
Date:   Sun 10 May 17:13

AJ27 - can I ask, how did Jet2 contact you? Was it by email or telephone? I've had an email saying they would contact me and they were dealing with customers in departure order. Our holiday was booked for 9th June.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Alan  
Date:   Sun 10 May 20:06

Auldpar - I had a holiday booked with Jet2 from 26 May - 4 June. I also received an email on 7 April saying that they would phone me nearer my departure date to discuss. I received a phone call last Monday 4th asking me how I would like to proceed. I requested a full refund which has now gone back into my bank account. Credit to Jet2. At no time did they try and pressure me into taking a voucher
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 10 May 20:23

Thanks for that Alan. I will use Jet2 again (after everything's settled down) but I'd prefer a refund meanwhile.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: SAP PAR  
Date:   Sun 10 May 20:53

Have had 2 refunds from jet2 in the last 6 weeks. One for flight only and the other for a package holiday. Can’t fault them at all. If it’s a refund for a package you will likely receive the deposit as a separate refund a couple days after the main refund.

Post Edited (Sun 10 May 20:55)
[IP address logged]
Date:   Mon 11 May 07:35

Jet 2 phoned me - they certainly didn’t keep to their promises for my April holiday but they have now also phoned me about a further trip to Tenerife in June and I’ve been promised a refund for both by the end of this week. Assuming these are received they will be back in my good books - they are pretty much the only operator we’ve used in the last few years - we’ve always been impressed with them.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Mon 11 May 07:40

Jet 2 phoned me - they certainly didn’t keep to their promises for my April holiday but they have now also phoned me about a further trip to Tenerife in June and I’ve been promised a refund for both by the end of this week. Assuming these are received they will be back in my good books - they are pretty much the only operator we’ve used in the last few years - we’ve always been impressed with them.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Fri 15 May 07:08

Jet2 'phoned on Monday night - no pressure to take a credit note or re-book - slight complication because holiday was paid with 2 different debit cards but the bulk of the refund arrived in my account yesterday and the balance is there this morning.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Fri 15 May 13:30

Likewise, my money all arrived back as promised from Jet 2 - very much back in my good books 👍
[IP address logged]
Date:   Fri 15 May 14:56

Apologies AJ - meant to press 'like' but made an **** of it!
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: BigJPar  
Date:   Fri 15 May 16:08

[IP address logged]
Date:   Fri 15 May 17:24

I can say with confidence that Jet2 will get my business for the next holiday. easyJet can take a long run off a short pier. They have been atrocious. Seems like the same with Ryanair.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Fri 15 May 23:29

Lastminute.com been in touch to say that my refund has been completed. Money to be in the bank in the next 5 - 15 days (dependent on my bank)

😁
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 16 May 12:29

Nice one mate!
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 16 May 16:42

Story suggesting Ryanair are refusing to refund holidays in June as they're still flying to Spain even though Spain have said bugger off and the hotels are only open to key workers. Story may be nonsense as it's in the Daily Record who also claim the woman is travelling with her two teenagers "aged 12 and 15"...🤦‍♂️
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 17 May 18:54

Spain won't allow passengers from the UK into the country.

She and the two "teenagers" will enjoy isolation in the airport awaiting the return flight.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 17 May 19:07

Full refund recieved from Travel Republic via Barclaycard.

Full refund for our New York attraction passes recieved from PayPal because Attractiontix wouldn't cough up.

Just waiting on airport transfer refund now.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Mon 18 May 08:23

Quote:

veteraneastender, Sun 17 May 18:54

Spain won't allow passengers from the UK into the country.

She and the two "teenagers" will enjoy isolation in the airport awaiting the return flight.

That's why she wants refunded. Ryanair's view is that they can still take you there so tough if you can't actually enjoy your holiday. Another reason not to use Ryanair.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Tue 19 May 09:37

She must have been living on a different planet to be ignorant of the No Travel FO advice regarding Spain

Or maybe she thought "essential travel" covered holidays there ?
[IP address logged]
Date:   Thu 21 May 21:23

TUI development for anybody seeking a refund.

I received an email this afternoon - there is now an online facility to claim your refund without the 'phone in scenario drama.

The bad news is that you'll need a refund credit reference number to input - and I doubt they'll be in a hurry to distribute these, based on their performance to date.

If anybody wants, I'll flag up the message.

UPDATE - TUI sent refund code yesterday - submitted and accepted.

Now it's just a case of waiting for them to action.................!!!

Post Edited (Sat 23 May 15:43)
[IP address logged]
Date:   Tue 9 Jun 10:35

Breaking news - CMA have "influenced" Hoseasons into altering their refunds policy after an apparent whean of complaints.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-52972590

According to Good Morning Scotland they are now turning their attention to issues with airlines and travel operators etc.

I got my TUI refund over the weekend, now in the bank.

As said by many - they are quick enough to take it...................................
[IP address logged]
 Top of Board  |  Forum List  |  Threaded View   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 

Rows: 0
 Forum List  |  Need a Login? Register Here 
 User Login
 User Name:
 Password:
 Remember my login:

Forgot Your Password?
Enter your email address or user name below and a new password will be sent to the email address associated with your profile.
Security : type 'pars' in the box:
email:
© 2021-- DAFC.net