DAFC.net
Home 28 March 2024 
 Post Message  |  Top of Board  |  Search  |  Log In   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 
[ please login to use the Like feature ]
 Today at Work
Topic Originator: Wotsit  
Date:   Fri 27 Mar 14:19

Edinburgh's most entrenched rough sleeper was accommodated and, tonight, the number of people sleeping rough in Edinburgh could probably be counted on two hands (and not even Falkirk hands) as the vast majority are safely and comfortably residing in hotels and other accommodation with access to support and other essential resources.

Amazing right? It just shows what can be achieved where there is a will and resources are there. can't fault City of Edinburgh Council's response.

I hope it also puts to bed the myth that people like or prefer sleeping rough, because at this moment there are basically a few folk whose language we can't ascertain who are hiding because they think we want to deport them, lock them in a camp or some other confusion, obviously we have no idea!

Anyway, after the most intense two weeks of my working life I could be being made redundant soon at this rate, which would be a bonus! Although I expect I'll be drafted in to work in one of the new temporary hostels....

"Who you are and what you feel comes not just from inside you, but from where you are in the power structure"
[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: Today at Work
Topic Originator: parsmad68  
Date:   Fri 27 Mar 14:58

Agree Wotsit, it has been a longtime bugbear of mine that people have to sleep rough in this country.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: LochgellyAlbert  
Date:   Fri 27 Mar 15:15

Respect Wotsit!👍
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: jake89  
Date:   Fri 27 Mar 17:01

That's fantastic.

Have people begging on the street also been removed? Probably not a good time to be collecting coins held by someone with a potential infection.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Buspasspar  
Date:   Fri 27 Mar 17:08

That is great news Wotsit and well done from me .....stay safe
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: londonparsfan  
Date:   Fri 27 Mar 17:14

Yeah well done to you and everyone involved - that is great going.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Wotsit  
Date:   Fri 27 Mar 19:31

[I]That's fantastic.

Have people begging on the street also been removed? Probably not a good time to be collecting coins held by someone with a potential infection. [/I]

That's the best part jake - folk haven't been removed. They have been told what's happening, been offered somewhere to go and they have gone there.

There aren't really any coins to collect anyway tbh. Shops are all shut and those that are open are discouraging folk taking coins.

That's the least of folk's problems though since there's nowhere to get water really.

"Who you are and what you feel comes not just from inside you, but from where you are in the power structure"
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: jake89  
Date:   Fri 27 Mar 23:03

That's good to hear. "Removed" probably wasn't the right word to use tbh!
[IP address logged]
 Top of Board  |  Forum List  |  Threaded View   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 

Rows: 0
 Forum List  |  Need a Login? Register Here 
 User Login
 User Name:
 Password:
 Remember my login:

Forgot Your Password?
Enter your email address or user name below and a new password will be sent to the email address associated with your profile.
Security : type 'pars' in the box:
email:
© 2021-- DAFC.net