DAFC.net
Home 26 April 2024 
 Post Message  |  Top of Board  |  Search  |  Log In   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 
[ please login to use the Like feature ]
 Upsides to the coronavirus
Topic Originator: OzPar  
Date:   Thu 16 Apr 07:21

If there is an upside to this situation that we are in with the coronavirus, it is that I am spending much less money than I did before.

I am only going to the supermarket once a week and instead of coming back home with 40% of the stuff in my bag being "impulse buys", I am sticking much more rigidly to my shopping list.

Also, of course, I am driving less and therefore not spending anywhere near the amount I usually do on petrol - which, anyway, has come down in price quite a bit of late.

Another side benefit has been getting on the phone to folk I haven't spoken to in a while. Everybody is in the same boat and every call seems to be welcomed.

And my garden is seeing more of me. I have found fun with repotting plant cuttings and placing the cut ends of vegetables in water and watching them sprout a few days later.

It is in times like these that you start to appreciate the simpler things.

How are you folk finding it?
[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: Upsides to the coronavirus
Topic Originator: Buspasspar  
Date:   Thu 16 Apr 08:32

Similar to you OzPar
hardly spending any money
not using much diesel
grass and garden neat and tidy
lawnmowers clean and sharp
windows spotless
making bread ( when I can get flour )
making sausage rolls (braw )

Next job is paint the fence and summer house

We are forever shaped by the Children we once were

Post Edited (Thu 16 Apr 10:58)
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: General Zod  
Date:   Thu 16 Apr 14:32

Not having to go shopping on my days off. I send her.
Not having to go and see people.
Not having people come to my house (usually unannounced) to see me.

Its pretty bliss actually
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: buffy  
Date:   Thu 16 Apr 15:18

I moved in with Mither last month. She’s in her 87th year so it was a blessing I’ve been here for her company (and beck and call).

Because of the delightful OldiesTV I have been honing my numbers and letters skills, learning to repair antiques and how to live in the sun abroad. I think I need to win the lottery though to escape to the french chateau and do DIY when I get there....

The garden has seen my expert grass cutting (I accidentally cawed the heid aff crocuses); and my volunteering hairdressing with the Merry Widow didn’t go to plan when I soaked her doon to her simmet.

I’ve nailed the afternoon nap, my cat has the best seat in the hoose and I’ve got zero effing broadband on top of it all.

Still, could be worse. Wan sneeze / cough fae the bidey in and am gone man. Solid gone. 😉

”Buffy’s Buns are the finest in Fife”, J. Spence 2019”
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Buspasspar  
Date:   Thu 16 Apr 16:22

LOL Buffy
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: OzPar  
Date:   Sat 18 Apr 02:35

My son has just sent me a photo of him and his work colleagues - 14 of them - having an after-work drinks party on Zoom in their homes last night.

That's made me smile.

:)
[IP address logged]
 Top of Board  |  Forum List  |  Threaded View   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 

Rows: 0
 Forum List  |  Need a Login? Register Here 
 User Login
 User Name:
 Password:
 Remember my login:

Forgot Your Password?
Enter your email address or user name below and a new password will be sent to the email address associated with your profile.
Security : type 'pars' in the box:
email:
© 2021-- DAFC.net