DAFC.net
Home 29 March 2024 
 Post Message  |  Top of Board  |  Search  |  Log In   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 
[ please login to use the Like feature ]
 Planet of the Humans documentary
Topic Originator: OzPar  
Date:   Wed 29 Apr 13:11

The new Michael Moore-produced documentary 'Planet of the Humans' has genuinely shocked me to the core. It has made me seriously question so many beliefs that up to now I have held to be true.

I don't say this lightly; everyone should see this film. It is free of charge on YouTube.

You will be utterly gobsmacked!

Post Edited (Wed 29 Apr 13:12)
[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: Planet of the Humans documentary
Topic Originator: Buspasspar  
Date:   Wed 29 Apr 16:14

Will watch on laptop tonight Oz but getting ridiculed by many ... this from Sky

A new Michael Moore documentary about green energy has been heavily criticised by climate scientists for being "dangerous, misleading and destructive".

The Independant

Michael Moore’s new documentary Planet of the Humans has sparked controversy, with climate experts branding it as “dangerous”, “absurd” and “shockingly misleading”.

The film, which criticises renewable energy and claims that environmental groups are corrupt, was released last week on the 50th anniversary of Earth Day, and has been watched over three million times on YouTube.

Climate experts have called for the documentary to be removed from public viewing

Think its important to watch first then decide
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: sammer  
Date:   Wed 29 Apr 16:29

Ecology is pretty much the state religion these days so Moore is inevitably being accused of heresy. The narrator of the film is a former enthusiast for Green policies who is disillusioned with what he discovers.

The first part of his counter argument is that the ecologists have got into bed with the capitalists and are betraying their own ideals. That would not really surprise many of us. The religious zeal and holier-than thou-attitudes that are often a feature of Green spokespersons indicate a naivety that people in power could easily exploit. Like a religious cult they will claim to see signs of Gaia being healed when in actual fact, according to Moore, the opposite may be nearer the truth.

His second counter narrative may be the more damaging one. He claims that the idea of 100% Green energy is a ludicrous mirage since neither solar nor wind power can come close to meeting our energy needs. Not only that, the installation of this sustainable technology is damaging to nature and, far from being sustainable, lasts little more than a decade before needing replaced.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: veteraneastender  
Date:   Wed 29 Apr 16:29

"Climate experts have called for the documentary to be removed from public viewing"

The classic Mary Whitehouse approach to censorship.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Buspasspar  
Date:   Wed 29 Apr 18:10

Wow Oz just watched the full length film no wonder they want it removed I cried at the end

I was gobsmacked that me and many others have been taken for mugs to fund a few heartless billionaires and destroy the planet

I never knew half of this was going on in the name of re-newable green energy

Thanks for sharing

We are forever shaped by the Children we once were

Post Edited (Wed 29 Apr 19:08)
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: onandupthepars  
Date:   Wed 29 Apr 23:49

Planet of the Humans

(https://youtu.be/Zk11vI-7czE)

Before I watched this I thought along the lines of - more conspiracy theories?

Having watched it, I'd say Green is good but most of what we're getting isn't green it's greenwash. (Companies make themselves look good but really they're money-making destroyers). Two things struck me: I think I'm right in saying that the film stresses: 1) If we don't cut consumption of everything, humanity is doomed. 2) Biomass, [which accounts for the vast majority of renewables,: ERROR:see below] is being promoted as green energy. It's not - it's another fuel that has highly damaging emissions and is just a way for some folk to get wealthier by destroying rainforest.

I only watched the film once, and skipped bits, but that's my first take. I'll have to study it to make sure. I'd say watch it if you can, I found it thought-provoking.

EDIT: My mistake:evidently Biomass doesn't account for "the vast majority of renewables" (above) but:

According to explainthatstuff * it seems biomass provides about 25% of renewables and renewables are about 11% of total world energy consumption (2018 figures published by EIA April 2019.)

*(https://www.explainthatstuff.com/renewableenergy.html - 'Fossil fuels versus renewables')

Post Edited (Thu 30 Apr 22:35)
[IP address logged]
 Top of Board  |  Forum List  |  Threaded View   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 

Rows: 0
 Forum List  |  Need a Login? Register Here 
 User Login
 User Name:
 Password:
 Remember my login:

Forgot Your Password?
Enter your email address or user name below and a new password will be sent to the email address associated with your profile.
Security : type 'pars' in the box:
email:
© 2021-- DAFC.net