DAFC.net
Home 28 March 2024 
 Post Message  |  Top of Board  |  Search  |  Log In   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 
[ please login to use the Like feature ]
 Animal cruelty.
Topic Originator: twin par  
Date:   Tue 5 May 22:40

I don't care how much money you have got,how talented you are, what status you have got.If you are cruel to an animal, you are scum.Read that some where,and so true.
[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: Animal cruelty.
Topic Originator: sadindiefreak  
Date:   Wed 6 May 00:03

I squashed a wasp against a window cause it kept buzzing round my kids in a cafe.
I'm total scum you know.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: jake89  
Date:   Wed 6 May 00:10

A wasp isn't an animal. It's also guaranteed to be an utter b******!
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: widtink  
Date:   Wed 6 May 00:39

Hey at least it wasn't a murder hornet

AAAAAGH.... RUN AWAY 😲

Admin
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: The One Who Knocks  
Date:   Wed 6 May 00:45

Sorry Jake and SIF but the dictionary defines an 'animal' as "a living organism that feeds on organic matter, typically having specialized sense organs and nervous system and able to respond rapidly to stimuli."
I reckon that a wasp, aka a yellowjacket, is covered by those parameters. I also strongly suspect that the cafe incident wasn't the first time that SIF had used a rolled up newspaper in a lethal manner against a Vespula Vulgaris.

And although my eyes were open
They just might as well be closed
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: jake89  
Date:   Wed 6 May 08:05

Fair enough. They'll always simply be "insects" to me. Ones that come from the same group as ants and hornets. Also known as "the utter b******s".
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: veteraneastender  
Date:   Wed 6 May 08:52

I have taken to traditional shaving during lockdown, plenty of time to indulge, and went online to locate a new shave brush.

Had no idea that badger hair was the top quality (and price) choice, and was an issue for animal welfare folks.

Surely these animals are not breed for this purpose - so how do the manufacturers source the hair ?

They are a protected species in the UK - are the brushes made elsewhere ?

A famous Scottish regiment is associated with badgers' head sporrans - I believe they now have to find alternatives ?

I'll be ordering a synthetic bristle brush.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: DBP  
Date:   Wed 6 May 15:51

I think the above highlights how two faced we all are on that subject.

Dennis Leary used to do a joke about people not wanting to eat certain tuna brands because dolphins were getting caught in the nets

...His response was, well what about the tuna?
[IP address logged]
-
Topic Originator: Wotsit  
Date:   Wed 6 May 16:24

My guess is that the dolphins weren't being eaten and therefore "wasted."

We can rationalise killing animals for food but we would rather not have too much collateral damage.

"Who you are and what you feel comes not just from inside you, but from where you are in the power structure"
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Buspasspar  
Date:   Wed 6 May 18:06

Never quite got my head around rod caught Tuna

People preferred this to net caught Tuna

I think if you asked the Tuna's opinion he would rather be in a net than have a triple hook rammed into the roof of his mouth
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: DBP  
Date:   Wed 6 May 18:16

Think he'd probably prefer just to be left alone swimming in the sea
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Buspasspar  
Date:   Wed 6 May 19:03

Agree DBP
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: MikeyLeonard  
Date:   Wed 6 May 22:41

Had a tuna and cucumber piece today for lunch. . .it was braw.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: twin par  
Date:   Wed 6 May 22:47

Not trying to be flippant guy's, but I meant people who, beat dogs,kick animals to death, and generally get kicks out of being,just down right cruel for pleasure, oh,and that includes bull fighting.How anybody, can sit and watch a dumb animal, tortured, for entertainment beats me.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: red-star-par  
Date:   Wed 6 May 23:30

I quite enjoyed bullfighting to be honest. And, I reckon if I was a bull and had the career prospect of becoming veal, or a fighting bull, being raised on a peaceful ranch having a somewhat pampered existence before getting the opportunity to go out in a blaze of glory, then I know what I would prefer.
My Faither wasn't too much of a fan of bullfighting though, being a farmer. When I took him to the bullring in La Linea De La Concepcion he lost the plot at what he considered such barbarism. He was shouting and screaming at those in the ring, and calling the matador a coward and offering him a square go. Ended up getting chucked out, and all the locals got their hankies out. All of which meant I missed the show.
The matadors are proper tough guys though, when I stayed in Nervion there were a couple of retired bullfighters there and the amount of injuries they had sustained over the years was incredible. Absolutely covered in scars. I'm guessing they might not have been very good at it, although they had made it to a fair old age
[IP address logged]
 Top of Board  |  Forum List  |  Threaded View   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 

Rows: 0
 Forum List  |  Need a Login? Register Here 
 User Login
 User Name:
 Password:
 Remember my login:

Forgot Your Password?
Enter your email address or user name below and a new password will be sent to the email address associated with your profile.
Security : type 'pars' in the box:
email:
© 2021-- DAFC.net