DAFC.net
Home 28 March 2024 
 Post Message  |  Top of Board  |  Search  |  Log In   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 
[ please login to use the Like feature ]
 New Microsoft Edge
Topic Originator: auldpar  
Date:   Wed 8 Jul 07:29

I installed the new version yesterday and it seems OK. However, when I logged in to online banking this morning there was a message saying 'Flash was blocked on this page'. The online banking worked fine but I'm just wondering why this message came up. When I looked at the Settings menu it said that blocking it was recommended. Is Flash still needed for anything?
[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: New Microsoft Edge
Topic Originator: parsmad68  
Date:   Wed 8 Jul 08:21

Quote:

auldpar, Wed 08 Jul 07:29

I installed the new version yesterday and it seems OK. However, when I logged in to online banking this morning there was a message saying 'Flash was blocked on this page'. The online banking worked fine but I'm just wondering why this message came up. When I looked at the Settings menu it said that blocking it was recommended. Is Flash still needed for anything?

I believe Flash is still needed to save us from the evil emperor Ming.

In a real response to your question, I don’t believe it is needed anymore. I though it was not supported anymore anyway.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Wotsit  
Date:   Wed 8 Jul 13:11

Flash is still used by some websites but it is really insecure (it can be used to run damaging code on your computer) so it is recommended that folk disable it. The vast majority of sites will use an alternative now anyway (eg Youtube uses HTML5 video instead of Flash video now)

Long story short, keep it disabled.

I've never really used Edge before by the way - how is it in general to use compared with Chrome?

"Who you are and what you feel comes not just from inside you, but from where you are in the power structure"
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: jake89  
Date:   Wed 8 Jul 13:43

Edge is now based on the same foundation as Chrome.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: auldpar  
Date:   Wed 8 Jul 14:28

Thank you for your replies.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Hay Fever  
Date:   Wed 8 Jul 20:27

“I believe Flash is still needed to save us from the evil emperor Ming.”

Now that was funny 😁 Nearly spat oot my tea
[IP address logged]
 Top of Board  |  Forum List  |  Threaded View   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 

Rows: 0
 Forum List  |  Need a Login? Register Here 
 User Login
 User Name:
 Password:
 Remember my login:

Forgot Your Password?
Enter your email address or user name below and a new password will be sent to the email address associated with your profile.
Security : type 'pars' in the box:
email:
© 2021-- DAFC.net