DAFC.net
Home 29 March 2024 
 Post Message  |  Top of Board  |  Search  |  Log In   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 
[ please login to use the Like feature ]
 Outdoor home security cameras
Topic Originator: parak obama  
Date:   Wed 8 Jul 21:32

Anyone got any recommendations, good and stay away from? Looking for one for the front and back of the house.

[IMG]https://share2.co.uk/f/1152_471_P300411_16.49_[02].jpg[/IMG]
[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: Outdoor home security cameras
Topic Originator: Wotsit  
Date:   Thu 9 Jul 15:18

Be careful about positioning - you fall under GDPR if you capture anyone outside your property's boundary.

"Who you are and what you feel comes not just from inside you, but from where you are in the power structure"
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: The One Who Knocks  
Date:   Thu 9 Jul 15:28

https://ico.org.uk/your-data-matters/domestic-cctv-systems-guidance-for-people-using-cctv/

This should keep you on the right side of the law as regards to any intrusion of the camera outwith your own property.

And although my eyes were open
They just might as well be closed
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Bamba-Daft  
Date:   Thu 9 Jul 15:34

Having an ongoing dispute with a neighbour about this. He has 6 cameras positioned around his house, 2 of which are pointed directly away from his property (pointed into the Main Street, to record his vehicles which are parked in a communal car park). One of the cameras points at our doorstep & the another is on the roof at the back pointed towards his garden but because it is at such a height.. it must be recording our garden also. Does anyone have any experience in reporting these things to the ICO? we’ve tried the politely asking approach.. won’t waste my time again.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: jake89  
Date:   Thu 9 Jul 15:45

You have to be very careful with CCTV. In theory, the postie could request access to see what you've recorded. If you're pointed to cover beyond your boundary then neighbours or any passers by could request access to your recordings and you'd be legally obliged to provide ut.

So if a camera is pointed into your garden, or indirectly capturing part of your garden, they have to show you what they have captured. I'd also expect it could be classed as harassment given they should have no need to film beyond their boundary.

If the neighbour does not comply I would contact the police.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Thu 9 Jul 15:52

I wonder how the law applies to dash cams?

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: parak obama  
Date:   Thu 9 Jul 16:33

Cheers for the feedback. Will have to re-think about the position of them if I do get some.

[IMG]https://share2.co.uk/f/1152_471_P300411_16.49_[02].jpg[/IMG]
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: twin par  
Date:   Thu 9 Jul 16:53

Can't understand this law.Why the hell would you bother as long, as your doing nothing dodgy.
[IP address logged]
-
Date:   Thu 9 Jul 17:09

SAy you are recording into your neighbours garden and they are sunbathing nude? Say you are recording the neighbours front door and every Wednesday evening while his wife is at the bingo you are catching his bit on the side popping over?

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Buspasspar  
Date:   Thu 9 Jul 17:27

You have a fertile imagination Towk :)
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: twin par  
Date:   Thu 9 Jul 17:38

Ok,fair enough somebody's back garden.But the front of the house seems extreme. I would be glad if someone filmed up my street, there are some dodgy characters going about.I have a ring bell system ,and it covers front of house,and neighbor's drives,on both sides,and they are well pleased, security wise.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Wotsit  
Date:   Thu 9 Jul 17:45

What if they were especially interested in the footage of kids playing in the street? Orn women walking past in short skirts?

What if they are casing the jeweller's across the road?

How would you ever know without guidelines in place?

"Who you are and what you feel comes not just from inside you, but from where you are in the power structure"
[IP address logged]
 Top of Board  |  Forum List  |  Threaded View   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 

Rows: 0
 Forum List  |  Need a Login? Register Here 
 User Login
 User Name:
 Password:
 Remember my login:

Forgot Your Password?
Enter your email address or user name below and a new password will be sent to the email address associated with your profile.
Security : type 'pars' in the box:
email:
© 2021-- DAFC.net