DAFC.net
Home 28 March 2024 
 Post Message  |  Top of Board  |  Search  |  Log In   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 
[ please login to use the Like feature ]
 It's been nice
Topic Originator: moviescot  
Date:   Thu 16 Jul 14:31

The nice air was lovely whilst it lasted. I think we are back to more or less pre lockdown conditions.

Shame it had become so pleasant.
[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: It's been nice
Topic Originator: jake89  
Date:   Thu 16 Jul 18:49

I said at the time the post lock down would be worse than before. People will be jumping in cars rather than using public transport.

This is why it's vitally important we start putting businesses where people live and why the people objecting to new developments beside Calaismuir wood are short-sighted imo.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Buspasspar  
Date:   Thu 16 Jul 19:25

Quote :-

The nice air was lovely whilst it lasted. I think we are back to more or less pre lockdown conditions.

Shame it had become so pleasant.

Spot on moviescot imagine a green and pleasant land where buffalo roamed the sky was blue the water running clear We killed one buffalo and thanked the spirits for its sacrifice and the one buffalo provided clothing for the family and food for a few weeks ...Fish jumping into your nets and the small ones released to grow and mature and spawn for another year or two ... Then along came the WHITE Man :(
[IP address logged]
Date:   Thu 16 Jul 20:33

I said early on into lockdown that I had noticed a distinct difference in the air quality and noisier wildlife. I walk the dog every day and it was really nice.
Now only a week or so into the new normal and we are back where we started. It's a real shame. We need to have less travel but I fear that will not happen
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: widtink  
Date:   Thu 16 Jul 20:42

As much as I enjoyed aw the peace and quiet... Did anyone on here honestly think that it wouldn't go back to how it was beforehand?
Cos if ye did... You are a dreamer.... And I salute you... But it was always going to go right back to how pre lockdown was.

Admin
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: OzPar  
Date:   Fri 17 Jul 01:15

I filled my car up with petrol yesterday for only the fourth time since March...

:)
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: DBP  
Date:   Fri 17 Jul 06:31

Must still be quieter on roads commuting though? Everyone where I work and lots of people I know are still working from home rather that spending 1hr in the car each way going into office in Edinburgh
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: LochgellyAlbert  
Date:   Fri 17 Jul 08:04

The park and ride at Halbeath is still lying empty.
[IP address logged]
-
Date:   Fri 17 Jul 08:16

Both my neighbours are back at work. Those who aren't are still passing the time driving to the shops or parks. Great time to be a car salesperson.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Fri 17 Jul 15:40

Quote:

widtink, Thu 16 Jul 20:42

As much as I enjoyed aw the peace and quiet... Did anyone on here honestly think that it wouldn't go back to how it was beforehand?
Cos if ye did... You are a dreamer.... And I salute you... But it was always going to go right back to how pre lockdown was.

I think we all knew it would return. It's just happened much quicker than I would have thought. Going from clean air back to the normal was much quicker than going the other way.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: AJ27  
Date:   Fri 17 Jul 16:47

I have no idea what it’s like in Edinburgh just now but I was working in Kirkcaldy earlier this week and parked in the station car park and walked into town - the car park on the Aldi side was practically empty - normally I’d struggle to get a space any time after 9 - presumably this is a mixture of people continuing to work from home and those who are now driving to Edinburgh either because they don’t fancy public transport at the moment or find driving easier as the roads are still quieter.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: buffy  
Date:   Thu 23 Jul 16:36

Agreed - it was nice.
There was only birdsong and squirrels tapping at the windae (friendly wee critters) before; now there’s planes, trains and automobiles!

”Buffy’s Buns are the finest in Fife”, J. Spence 2019”
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: wee eck  
Date:   Thu 23 Jul 17:03

I'm sure I saw a young deer in my street in central Edinburgh just after dawn in the early days of the lockdown but I may have been dreaming.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: da_no_1  
Date:   Thu 23 Jul 18:45

Quote:

wee eck, Thu 23 Jul 17:03

I'm sure I saw a young deer in my street in central Edinburgh just after dawn in the early days of the lockdown but I may have been dreaming.

Wouldn't surprise me in the slightest

"Some days will stay a 1000 years, some pass like the flash of a spark"
[IP address logged]
Date:   Fri 24 Jul 00:50

It has been a wee while since I was back in Scotland, but what I did notice last time was the prevalence of deer, especially in open countryside.

Driving through Rannoch Moor and into Glencoe, the deer were in good numbers right down to the roadside. I had never them off the hills before.

Have there been any efforts to cull them?
[IP address logged]
Date:   Fri 24 Jul 20:33

I see deer in the fields at the back of Crossford nearly every time I go out to see my old maw.
Also another hot-spot for deer is north Queensferry In and around the yacht club... I've even seen them walking along the tank road above bluebell woods in Rosyth.
And that was pre lockdown.
There's wildlife everywhere... You just have to look.

Admin
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: LochgellyAlbert  
Date:   Fri 31 Jul 16:03

Is it just me or have the speeders taken over?

Multiple crashes on A92 over the past week!😡😡😡
[IP address logged]
Date:   Fri 31 Jul 22:08

It's just you

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: back oh the net  
Date:   Fri 31 Jul 22:19

Quote:

LochgellyAlbert, Fri 31 Jul 16:03

Is it just me or have the speeders taken over?

Multiple crashes on A92 over the past week!😡😡😡

Aye cause speed is always the only contributing factor in any car crash right enough

Come on ye pars ⚽️
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 1 Aug 00:01

Plenty of utter lady parts racing their rubbish Corsa's and Fiestas about. Never understood why people aren't fined for straightpiping these pieces of crap.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 1 Aug 00:43

Quote:

jake89, Sat 1 Aug 00:01

Plenty of utter lady parts racing their rubbish Corsa's and Fiestas about. Never understood why people aren't fined for straightpiping these pieces of crap.

So what cars are we allowed to own?

[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 1 Aug 09:30

Quote:

da_no_1, Sat 01 Aug 00:43

Quote:

jake89, Sat 1 Aug 00:01

So what cars are we allowed to own?

According to Jake nothing that you can modify to make them sound better I understand that’s a matter of opinion though

Come on ye pars ⚽️
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 1 Aug 13:10

Only a suggestion, but perhaps one that sounds like the manufacturer intended. Nothing wrong with the 1.25l in those Fiestas but no need to be racing about making a racket. The human equivalent would be choosing to walk about shouting rather than talking.

Is there a genuine reason for straightpiping other than to be antisocial and irritating?
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: red-star-par  
Date:   Sat 1 Aug 13:26

Quote:

jake89, Sat 1 Aug 13:10

Only a suggestion, but perhaps one that sounds like the manufacturer intended. Nothing wrong with the 1.25l in those Fiestas but no need to be racing about making a racket. The human equivalent would be choosing to walk about shouting rather than talking.

Is there a genuine reason for straightpiping other than to be antisocial and irritating?

I believe it is something to do with the owners having tiny boabies. Wee man syndrome
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 1 Aug 14:06

I googled it and seemingly is does improve the engine performance though probably questionable how much extra you'll get out of a 10-20 year old Corsa/Fiesta. Fair play if that's your thing, but it's not particularly pleasant and also comes with a particular reputation, especially if it's a Corsa D you drive.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 1 Aug 14:29

red-star-par, Sat 1 Aug 13:26
I believe it is something to do with the owners having tiny boabies. Wee man syndrome

Thank you sir...
I'm in the middle of a house move for my sister in law and that's the first thing that's made me laugh today.
Much appreciated 👏👏👏

Admin
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 1 Aug 16:49

It's not my thing. Again, it's not a crime.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 1 Aug 18:14

Quote:

da_no_1, Sat 1 Aug 16:49

It is. Those exhausts are illegal on UK roads. Can only assume the police have more pressing matters than dealing with daft laddies in their mum's old runaround.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 1 Aug 19:16

Quote:

jake89, Sat 1 Aug 18:14

Quote:

da_no_1, Sat 1 Aug 16:49

It is. Those exhausts are illegal on UK roads. Can only assume the police have more pressing matters than dealing with daft laddies in their mum's old runaround.

Pipe, slippers, ovaltine, time for bed Victor

[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 1 Aug 20:28

May be a good idea. It's tiring being right all the time 😂
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 1 Aug 20:34

I fitted suppressors to the spark plugs on my 1967 Ford Anglia to stop the wireless crackling when the windscreen wipers were working Also had a stick on back window de mister ...state of the art back then :)
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: twin par  
Date:   Sat 1 Aug 23:11

Loved the orange ,indicating finger on each side of car,real 60s stuff .Dad had a rover,with said equipment. 😅
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 1 Aug 23:35

I believe (from an ex work colleague) that they were called trafficators.

Admin
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 2 Aug 03:36

Quote:

Buspasspar, Sat 01 Aug 20:34

I fitted suppressors to the spark plugs on my 1967 Ford Anglia to stop the wireless crackling when the windscreen wipers were working Also had a stick on back window de mister ...state of the art back then :)

Sorry buspass but in today’s pansy world of caring to much about what others are doing rather than what’s going on in their own personal bubble that would be illegal 😉

Ps Jake a mate of mine has a Toyota starlet galanza with the same sort of exhaust system you speak of and he’s never been stopped/fined once because of it probably because the police don’t think it’s that loud even Though on a quiet night it can be heard a Mile and a half away

Come on ye pars ⚽️
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 2 Aug 07:59

That Glanza must be pretty old. As I said, I suspect the police have better things to do. It'll just be your pals neighbours think he's a bit of a tool 😂
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 2 Aug 08:35

Topic Originator: back oh the net like | nolike
Date: Sun 2 Aug 03:36

Quote:

Buspasspar, Sat 01 Aug 20:34

Sorry buspass but in today’s pansy world of caring to much about what others are doing rather than what’s going on in their own personal bubble that would be illegal 😉

You have lost me there back oh the net... I was trying to explain some of the things we did as laddies back in the 60's to improve wireless reception when the wiper blades were going ....Dip switch on the floor as well :)
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 2 Aug 08:40

Jeez, I had long forgotten about the dip switch on the floor, busspasspar!

I had one of those in my first car - a grey and maroon Mini Traveller - and it was one of the few things that actually worked properly. As for the exhaust...

:)
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: red-star-par  
Date:   Sun 2 Aug 09:45

Quote:

back oh the net, Sun 2 Aug
Though on a quiet night it can be heard a Mile and a half away

Haha, now I have this picture of this Wee Sacks guy in his Toyota going around boasting to everyone that you can hear him from a mile and a half away
[IP address logged]
 Top of Board  |  Forum List  |  Threaded View   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 

Rows: 0
 Forum List  |  Need a Login? Register Here 
 User Login
 User Name:
 Password:
 Remember my login:

Forgot Your Password?
Enter your email address or user name below and a new password will be sent to the email address associated with your profile.
Security : type 'pars' in the box:
email:
© 2021-- DAFC.net