DAFC.net
Home 28 March 2024 
 Post Message  |  Top of Board  |  Search  |  Log In   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 
[ please login to use the Like feature ]
 Fife to Level 4 next Friday?
Topic Originator: GG Riva  
Date:   Sun 22 Nov 11:14

Looking at the Covid-19 stats and the upward trend, I'm thinking there's every chance that Fife will move to Level 4 on Friday. 3 weeks would take us up to December 18th and allow the Scottish Government to relax restrictions over Christmas if the R rate has decreased sufficiently.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-53511877

Fife is probably slightly odds on, Clackmannanshire is a racing certainty.

Not your average Sunday League player.
[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: Fife to Level 4 next Friday?
Topic Originator: da_no_1  
Date:   Sun 22 Nov 12:06

Pubs, restaurants and non-essential shops shut completely, and nae barbers.

Big deal. Life canny get much more boring. How long before she bans going downstairs?

"Some days will stay a 1000 years, some pass like the flash of a spark"
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: AdamAntsParsStripe  
Date:   Sun 22 Nov 12:30

Quote:

da_no_1, Sun 22 Nov 12:06

Big deal. Life canny get much more boring. How long before she bans going downstairs?

Wouid you rather more people died?

Zwei Pints Bier und ein Päckchen Chips bitte
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: widtink  
Date:   Sun 22 Nov 12:32

I dont have stairs so winner winner etc... 🤣

Admin
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 22 Nov 12:47

Quote:

AdamAntsParsStripe, Sun 22 Nov 12:30

Quote:

Wouid you rather more people died?

Yes that's it. I would prefer if more people died. That's exactly what I meant.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: jake89  
Date:   Sun 22 Nov 13:56

Seemingly there's been a lotmof weegies in Dunfermline of late. Are all the shops in Glasgow closed?
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 22 Nov 14:14

A lot of buses rolling up to Fifes bingo halls in the last few weeks from thro west. Total shambles but obviously no-one can criticise without accusations of being a Tory

[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 22 Nov 14:18

Quote:

da_no_1, Sun 22 Nov 14:14

A lot of buses rolling up to Fifes bingo halls in the last few weeks from thro west. Total shambles but obviously no-one can criticise without accusations of being a Tory

I suspect this is why they're now stopping and fining...except the police say they won't. It doesn't make sense to me. Businesses should be turning people with non-Fife addresses away. Unbelievably stupid from our west-coast cousins but unbelievable ignorance from local businesses.
[IP address logged]
-
Topic Originator: alwaysaPar  
Date:   Sun 22 Nov 14:26

Quote:

GG Riva, Sun 22 Nov 11:14

Looking at the Covid-19 stats and the upward trend, I'm thinking there's every chance that Fife will move to Level 4 on Friday. 3 weeks would take us up to December 18th and allow the Scottish Government to relax restrictions over Christmas if the R rate has decreased sufficiently.

Are you talking about the trend that is now a downward trend where positive cases of testing are now averaging around 6% rather than the 8% of 2 weeks ago ???

https://public.tableau.com/profile/phs.covid.19#!/vizhome/COVID-19DailyDashboard_15960160643010/Overview
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Big T Par  
Date:   Sun 22 Nov 14:59

Quote:

What's your suggestion then? What should she do?

[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 22 Nov 15:28

[Post Deleted] - Swearing will not be tolerated on this site.
Admin
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 22 Nov 16:46

Quote:

alwaysaPar, Sun 22 Nov 14:26

Quote:

Are you talking about the trend that is now a downward trend where positive cases of testing are now averaging around 6% rather than the 8% of 2 weeks ago ???

https://public.tableau.com/profile/phs.covid.19#!/vizhome/COVID-19DailyDashboard_15960160643010/Overview

We're obviously talking at cross purposes, alwaysapar. I'm talking about the ever increasing totals of Covid infections, hospital admissions and deaths with Covid on the certificate, whereas you're referring to the gradient of each graph not increasing as fast as it was 2 weeks ago.

I made my deduction from the bar graph near the foot of the BBC article, where the regional breakdown is shown. You'll note that Clackmannanshire which is currently on Level 3 has a higher rate of cases per head of population than some regions currently on Level 4 and Fife on the cusp of moving to Level 4.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 22 Nov 17:10

It's not based on head of population, GG. It's to do with the number of "neighbourhoods" where there is considered.ti be more than 55 per 100,000. So somewhere like Carnock could be red because of 1 person.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: donj  
Date:   Sun 22 Nov 17:53

I just checked the rate on the Scot Gov website and our rate is dropping.Either BBC wrong or the official site.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: EEP  
Date:   Sun 22 Nov 18:14

[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 22 Nov 18:18

The information at will be the accurate data. Updated daily.

Not sure why my link was removed...

Click here

Post Edited (Sun 22 Nov 18:19)
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 22 Nov 18:21

Quote:

jake89, Sun 22 Nov 17:10

It's not based on head of population, GG. It's to do with the number of "neighbourhoods" where there is considered.ti be more than 55 per 100,000. So somewhere like Carnock could be red because of 1 person.

I must be misunderstanding something here, Jake. I'm looking at the graph that's headed 'Positive Tests by Local Authorities.' followed by 'Weekly Rates per 100k'

How's that not a measure by head of population?

[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 22 Nov 18:23

Quote:

GG Riva, Sun 22 Nov 16:46

Quote:

Quote:

We're obviously talking at cross purposes, alwaysapar. I'm talking about the ever increasing totals of Covid infections, hospital admissions and deaths with Covid on the certificate, whereas you're referring to the gradient of each graph not increasing as fast as it was 2 weeks ago.

I made my deduction from the bar graph near the foot of the BBC article, where the regional breakdown is shown. You'll note that Clackmannanshire which is currently on Level 3 has a higher rate of cases per head of population than some regions currently on Level 4 and Fife on the cusp of moving to Level 4.

As the guys said above, the rate is dropping , Fife was at 140 odds at the start of the week and is now below that.

Plus you quoted bbc data which was your first mistake......😉
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Parplod  
Date:   Sun 22 Nov 18:43

A significant number of cases were linked to a very small number of outbreaks which can be traced back to individuals (locals not outsiders) ignoring advice to self isolate. These cases are working their way out of the system and the overall figures are on the decrease.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 22 Nov 18:46

Quote:

alwaysaPar, Sun 22 Nov 18:23

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

As the guys said above, the rate is dropping , Fife was at 140 odds at the start of the week and is now below that.

When you say the rate is dropping, you really mean it's not increasing as quickly as it was, right?

I assumed the BBC got their data from the SG - is this not the case?

At any rate, I hope you're right and I'm wrong. I've no great desire to see us moved to Level 4.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 22 Nov 19:07

Quote:

GG Riva, Sun 22 Nov 18:46

Quote:

alwaysaPar, Sun 22 Nov 18:23

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

When you say the rate is dropping, you really mean it's not increasing as quickly as it was, right?

I assumed the BBC got their data from the SG - is this not the case?

At any rate, I hope you're right and I'm wrong. I've no great desire to see us moved to Level 4.

Yeah, thats what I mean, the main criteria for deciding what tier councils go into is based on the rate of infection as well as what neighbouring councils rate is .
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: donj  
Date:   Sun 22 Nov 19:19

According to official site on the 19th we were down to 114 where on the 13th we were 142 so definitely dropping.Accurate figures will be out by Tuesday hopefully.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Pars Al  
Date:   Sun 22 Nov 19:59

As above we are down to somewhere around 109 cases per 100,000. Up to 150 per 100,000 is tier 2 so can`t see us being tier 4 at the end of the week. Hopefully another few at 3 to get things even lower and then back to 2 for Xmas?

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: allparone  
Date:   Sun 22 Nov 20:08

A lot of the news sites reporting today that there will be a UK wide relaxation on mixing indoors for a period at Xmas. Pubs and restaurants would stay closed during this time. A mix of 3 families and up to 12 people. The 4 nations were involved in a meeting today apparently.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 22 Nov 20:08

You're not misunderstanding what you're reading GG but that's not how they decide. I don't know the exact formula but it's based on the number of "neighbourhoods" with high instances of the virus.

So it could be that the rate is 200 per 100,000 in Fife but the majority of cases are in a care home in Glenrothes. In that case, it's not as big a deal. As more and more neighbourhoods see increases, the overall risk increases and therefore the chances of moving up a tier increases too.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 22 Nov 20:10

Forgot to say to check the Public Health Scotland daily dashboard. It's the official data for Scotland (it's where the Scottish Government data comes from). I'd also suggest checking Travelling Tabby.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: EEP  
Date:   Sun 22 Nov 20:50

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Jeffery  
Date:   Sun 22 Nov 23:43

Quote:

jake89, Sun 22 Nov 13:56

Seemingly there's been a lotmof weegies in Dunfermline of late. Are all the shops in Glasgow closed?

My other half was in town today and was told the very same by someone serving her in a shop. Said they'd heard lots of West coast accents this week. Hardly conclusive mind you.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Mon 23 Nov 13:48

Looks like no region will be moving up a level in the near future according to our illustrious leader...…...

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Parnott  
Date:   Mon 23 Nov 16:03

Phew, some better news then.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: dave67  
Date:   Mon 23 Nov 16:48

Heard from a friend who works in the town. There was lots of English accents last week

Let`s try making it till Christmas
[IP address logged]
Date:   Mon 23 Nov 18:30

Quote:

dave67, Mon 23 Nov 16:48

Heard from a friend who works in the town. There was lots of English accents last week

There's a fair few English accents in Dunfermline anyway. Probably the same with Weegie accents.

I'd heard from a friend of a friend who works in hospitality that there were a lot of Edinburgh and Glasgow addresses on their track and trace list. Seems daft to me. Were people that desperate for a pint?
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: red-star-par  
Date:   Mon 23 Nov 18:37

Quote:

jake89, Mon 23 Nov 18:30

Quote:

There's a fair few English accents in Dunfermline anyway. Probably the same with Weegie accents.

I'd heard from a friend of a friend who works in hospitality that there were a lot of Edinburgh and Glasgow addresses on their track and trace list. Seems daft to me. Were people that desperate for a pint?

That friend should have contacted the police and let them deal with it
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: dander par  
Date:   Mon 23 Nov 19:28

Quote:

red-star-par, Mon 23 Nov 18:37

Quote:

jake89, Mon 23 Nov 18:30

Quote:

That friend should have contacted the police and let them deal with it

That has to be a wind up red star . Snitching tut tut
[IP address logged]
Date:   Mon 23 Nov 21:30

I believe it was only a recommendation not to travel, rsp. So the police wouldn't be able to enforce it. I think that changed on Friday and they can now issue fines of £60. Businesses aren't going to turn down someone having a meal or a drink but the individuals should take some personal responsibility.

The issue is that 6 months ago people would've paid attention. The genie is out the bottle and people don't care. That's the reason we're getting our 5 days at Christmas - because people would do it anyway.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: OzPar  
Date:   Mon 23 Nov 23:30

One of the primary means of Victoria achieving success against the second wave of the virus, totally eliminating COVID-19 from the state, was to establish so-called "rings of steel" at boundaries between different levels of exposure to the virus.

This involved installing police or Army checkpoints and fines of up to $2,000 for people who broke the embargo by trying to cross these boundaries.

It`s not pretty and its not something that you want to see in a democratic country, but it is highly effective. Control measures have progressively been staged back in the past month with the primary effort now moving to our international borders.

Viewed from afar, Britain`s approach seems half-hearted and confused and fails to recognise the fundamental issue that this is simply about protecting the whole community. Everyone needs to be engaged in the fight.

Our parents and grandparents had to go off to fight a war in foreign lands. We are being asked to wear a mask and stay close to home for a while. Is it really so difficult?

George Orwell once wrote that in the choice between security and freedom most people will choose security. It seems that up to now, too many Brits have failed to get into that mindset.

EDIT TO ADD: Victoria`s second COVID-19 wave has officially ended after a man in his 90s was discharged from hospital on Monday, leaving the state with no active cases for the first time in almost nine months. Victoria has a population of 6.49 million.

Post Edited (Tue 24 Nov 00:17)
[IP address logged]
Date:   Tue 24 Nov 00:27

Earlier on this thread I intimated that the SGs lily livered approach, designed not to upset next years electorate, is a waste of time. Far too many folk bending the rules to suit their own agenda and no control between regions. Sadly I used a verb containing a slang word for a lady part and it was deleted.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: P  
Date:   Tue 24 Nov 18:04

“With the exception of East Lothian, which moved from Level 3 to Level 2 this morning, no other councils in Scotland will have their coronavirus restrictions changed.”

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Big T Par  
Date:   Tue 24 Nov 19:39

Quote:

P, Tue 24 Nov 18:04

“With the exception of East Lothian, which moved from Level 3 to Level 2 this morning, no other councils in Scotland will have their coronavirus restrictions changed.”

Woooo Hooooooo. Pubs and scran GIRUY's 😉

[IP address logged]
 Top of Board  |  Forum List  |  Threaded View   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 

Rows: 0
 Forum List  |  Need a Login? Register Here 
 User Login
 User Name:
 Password:
 Remember my login:

Forgot Your Password?
Enter your email address or user name below and a new password will be sent to the email address associated with your profile.
Security : type 'pars' in the box:
email:
© 2021-- DAFC.net