DAFC.net
Home 28 March 2024 
 Post Message  |  Top of Board  |  Search  |  Log In   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 
[ please login to use the Like feature ]
 Tier 4
Topic Originator: Connor560  
Date:   Sat 19 Dec 17:55

The whole country will enter tier 4 from boxing day for 3 weeks.

C'mon Ye Pars!
[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: Tier 4
Topic Originator: jake89  
Date:   Sat 19 Dec 18:14

No surprise. Should never have offered 5 days in the first place. 1 or 2 should have been enough. Too many people acting like everything is okay again - it's not. Now I know the risk of dying from COVID is low, but the risk is also high. One community infection could lead to a whole care home dying.

I'd say until we've got the older people and vulnerable vaccinated it's going to be restrictive.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: the saline hill puma  
Date:   Sat 19 Dec 18:18

She can stick her tier 4 up her bottom the ugly faced boot.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: doctordandruff  
Date:   Sat 19 Dec 18:22

Looking forward to the briefing where she provides a single piece of evidence backing this up. I hope the Salmond case ends the career of this absolute shower of charlatans.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: dd23  
Date:   Sat 19 Dec 18:29

Who would you rather have in charge who you think would do a better job than she has done consistently for 9 months?
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: dafc  
Date:   Sat 19 Dec 18:30

new covid strain!! They all knew right away the 5 days of Xmas was a huge mistake and have all been back tracking by the hour. Now they have got their heads Together and we are lockdown again, at same time slamming door on border travel with England.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 19 Dec 18:32

By what measure has she done a 'good job'. Pretty sure any politician could be as useless as they have been. The figures show she is doing no better than Boris.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: veteraneastender  
Date:   Sat 19 Dec 18:39

Damned if they do, and damned if they don`t.

The 5 day window was always a massive gamble - if only the virus would follow the script.

[IP address logged]
-
Topic Originator: JTH123  
Date:   Sat 19 Dec 18:41

Quote:

the saline hill puma, Sat 19 Dec 18:18

She's no Rachel Riley, I'll give you that. But that's a bit strong.....
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 19 Dec 19:01

She could stick her head in the sand perhaps - like those who take a cavalier attitude to the ongoing crisis.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: GG Riva  
Date:   Sat 19 Dec 19:06

Quote:

dd23, Sat 19 Dec 18:29

Who would you rather have in charge who you think would do a better job than she has done consistently for 9 months?

Err.... Boris?

Not your average Sunday League player.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: wee eck  
Date:   Sat 19 Dec 19:07

I love these folk who want to `see the evidence`. That presupposes they`ve got the ability to interpret it differently from experts who are actually trained in the subject.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Raymie the Legend  
Date:   Sat 19 Dec 19:09

It’s the attitude of some that helps to perpetuate this virus.
Other countries such as Germany have locked down.
Correct decision imo

It`s bloody tough being a legend
Ron Atkinson - 1983
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: GG Riva  
Date:   Sat 19 Dec 19:10

Quote:

dafc, Sat 19 Dec 18:30

new covid strain!! They all knew right away the 5 days of Xmas was a huge mistake and have all been back tracking by the hour. Now they have got their heads Together and we are lockdown again, at same time slamming door on border travel with England.

Spot on. I wonder who had that bright idea of a 5 day Covid holiday, when other European countries are actually tightening up restrictions over Christmas or even entering into full lockdown?

I bet it wasn't the First Ministers of Scotland, Wales or NI.

Not your average Sunday League player.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 19 Dec 19:13

I dont think it's the case people want to understand the evidence. They just want proof it exists.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Par  
Date:   Sat 19 Dec 19:16

Anyone who thinks it is ok to visit elderly relatives and sit in their house needs to look at themselves. Missing out on one Christmas means hopefully they will have many more.

The ones who break the rules and think it won`t happen to them are the ones that are keeping the virus going.

I`m glad we have strong leadership in Scotland instead of dithering Boris who is clueless.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 19 Dec 19:27

Topic Originator: doctordandruff like | nolike
Date: Sat 19 Dec 18:32
`By what measure has she done a `good job`. Pretty sure any politician could be as useless as they have been. The figures show she is doing no better than Boris.`

Here you go, doctor, from BBC News:-

`Scotland has the lowest case rate in the UK, with 112.6 cases per 100,000 of the population.

This compares with 571.7 in Wales, 219.6 in England and 174.9 in Northern Ireland.`

[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 19 Dec 19:33

"They just want proof it exists."

A visit to any NHS intensive care ward would quickly resolve that question.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: LochgellyAlbert  
Date:   Sat 19 Dec 19:42

5 day Xmas break to let BJ's pals get away on holiday either abroad or to their 3rd/4th homes!

Lockdown in London and the South East = national disaster!
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 19 Dec 19:55

This is the issue. Sturgeon was criticised for saying she wanted to stop cross border travel. Called every name under the sun. And now look what's happened.

Rates in most areas of Scotland are low but they would be much lower if people could follow arrows, wear masks and get tested when they feel unwell.

As much as this is a kick in the balls, it's one bloody day for God's sake.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: AdamAntsParsStripe  
Date:   Sat 19 Dec 20:02

The "ugly faced boot" will be thanked one day for taking this decision.

Zwei Pints Bier und ein Päckchen Chips bitte
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: da_no_1  
Date:   Sat 19 Dec 20:21

Quote:

GG Riva, Sat 19 Dec 19:10

Quote:

dafc, Sat 19 Dec 18:30

Spot on. I wonder who had that bright idea of a 5 day Covid holiday, when other European countries are actually tightening up restrictions over Christmas or even entering into full lockdown?

I bet it wasn't the First Ministers of Scotland, Wales or NI.

Yet they all followed along like wee sheep. Pathetic

"Some days will stay a 1000 years, some pass like the flash of a spark"
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Rastapari  
Date:   Sat 19 Dec 20:39

Who would have thought eh?
I await the tin foil hat comments with absolute meh.

Carole Baskin fed Rasta to a tiger.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: twin par  
Date:   Sat 19 Dec 22:01

Might not be popular, but ,on the whole ,her decisions have been honest and,in my opinion fair.Would not want a dead relative on my conscience.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Buspasspar  
Date:   Sat 19 Dec 22:10

Doctor ....66,500 deaths

Salin Puma .... I find her quite attractive

da no 1 ....Boris followed Nicola`s rules for months

L.A. ......spot on again

Vee ...damned if they do etc. .....correct

hard times difficult times better to err on the side of caution to protect our most loved and vulnerable relatives and friends

Merry Christmas to all ......stay safe

We are forever shaped by the Children we once were
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: sammer  
Date:   Sat 19 Dec 22:13

Do Lockdowns work? If they did would we still be having them? How many more, and for how long, will they be necessary?

We are told that the reason Lockdowns fail is because they have not been severe enough, as Ozpar sometimes tells us. Yet in areas where they are imposed the infection rate can sometimes rise despite this and I notice that in Sydney the rate has risen, whilst a legal opinion of Victoria`s rules has been that it was outwith the constitution. The balance between human life and mere existence is a significant one.

`More of the same` is not a good policy when the policy is not working, as any football fan of a losing team knows only too well. That is where we now stand after 9 months of a virus that the scientists are still struggling to come to terms with. There is talk of `Long Covid` and even a `mutated covid` to keep us all on alert. One thing for sure, the money pouring into solving the crisis will make it difficult for pharmaceutical companies to ever admit the problem is resolved. It is a deep pit, like giving military funding to fight the Cold War, which now relies on threats of cyber hacking to justify its funding.

Creating a system of tiers to turn citizen against citizen seemed a smart idea until London got hit, and since then all talk of `covidiots` seems to have disappeared from Piers Morgan`s lexicon. The strong leader of 2021 will be the one who balances the protection of his or hers own citizenry with the honest acknowledgment that mortality is part of the human condition. Fear of death will otherwise lead to fear of life.

sammer
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: moviescot  
Date:   Sat 19 Dec 22:21

Our original lockdown was far too short. Had we continued it for a further 2/3 months and banned foreign travel we wouldn't be in such a poor position.

Unfortunately the economy prevailed.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 19 Dec 23:00

Quote:

moviescot, Sat 19 Dec 22:21

Our original lockdown was far too short. Had we continued it for a further 2/3 months and banned foreign travel we wouldn't be in such a poor position.

The economy worked out well for the ordinary punter eh😂
And you have the temerity to laugh at me.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 19 Dec 23:01

Quote:

moviescot, Sat 19 Dec 22:21

Aye imagine letting folk live and work. Shocking. Christ even the tartan goddess said Scotland was on it's way to eradicating the virus in the summer. Wise words.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 19 Dec 23:03

Buspasspar that's garbage mate

[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 19 Dec 23:08

If we'd kept the borders shut I reckon we would've got rid of it in the summer. Definitely came back through summer holidays and tourism.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 19 Dec 23:10

Quote:

doctordandruff, Sat 19 Dec 23:08

If we'd kept the borders shut I reckon we would've got rid of it in the summer. Definitely came back through summer holidays and tourism.

Bloody foreigners eh?

[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 19 Dec 23:19

What's the insinuation? Clearly refers to both tourists coming here and Scottish citizens going to other countries.

Post Edited (Sat 19 Dec 23:19)
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 19 Dec 23:20

It`s weird seeing avowed left-wingers like Rasta and sammer siding with `libertarian` right-wing Tories whose privileged lives are so inconvenienced by the restrictions placed on the people who serve them that they preach `freedom`.

It`s so easy to sit at a keyboard advocating a policy that puts ordinary folks` lives at risk. Imagine standing up in Parliament saying that.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 19 Dec 23:22

Quote:

doctordandruff, Sat 19 Dec 23:19

What's the insinuation? Clearly refers to both tourists coming here and Scottish citizens going to other countries.

So in your mad wee world we shut the borders for how long? A month? A year. A decade? This is not going away.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 19 Dec 23:28

You're right, closing borders for 6 months is nuts. We should destroy livelihoods, children's education, a nation's mental health, cause extreme loneliness and wreck the physical health of many people suffering from serious illness. Chuck in the future damage by repeated lockdown then yeah, what was I thinking. Me and my mad wee World where I would be able to go to the football and sit in a pub with my mates (see New Zealand).
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 19 Dec 23:33

Quote:

doctordandruff, Sat 19 Dec 23:28

You're right, closing borders for 6 months is nuts. We should destroy livelihoods, children's education, a nation's mental health, cause extreme loneliness and wreck the physical health of many people suffering from serious illness. Chuck in the future damage by repeated lockdown then yeah, what was I thinking. Me and my mad wee World where I would be able to go to the football and sit in a pub with my mates (see New Zealand).

What are you on about?

I asked a question. How long would you close Scotland off from the rest of the planet? And how would you patrol the Scotland/England border? Mental stuff

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: desparado  
Date:   Sat 19 Dec 23:46

Da no 1.

As long as England is “ closed off from the rest of the planet “ then Scot gov are doing the right thing. Boris stating today that it is a “ Four nation “ approach. Other European countries are implementing similar restrictions.

Are you advocating allowing unrestricted travel from areas in the rest of the U.K. into Scotland which has a lower infection rate currently ?

Or are you just having your usual anti Scot Gov rant?

Even the opposition parties in Scotland agreed she is doing the right thing, but you seem to know better eh ?

Post Edited (Sat 19 Dec 23:47)
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: BoAPar  
Date:   Sat 19 Dec 23:54

"Do Lockdowns work? If they did would we still be having them? How many more, and for how long, will they be necessary?

We are told that the reason Lockdowns fail is because they have not been severe enough, as Ozpar sometimes tells us"

Lockdowns work if you use them to get the case numbers down to a level where you can then introduce an effective track and trace system.

Once you have effective track and trace, you shouldn`t need lockdowns, as long as you are catching any outbreaks quickly enough.

The UK still hasn`t had a lockdown as severe as NZ`s 6 week lockdown in March--April (when NZ was on the same trajectory as Northern Italy), instead going for an ineffective "death by a thousand cuts" approach.

But the TTI fiasco is what has really stuffed the UK - I can`t believe people aren`t rioting about it by now (though this might be the spark).

"How long would you close Scotland off from the rest of the planet? And how would you patrol the Scotland/England border? Mental stuff"

In theory, the UK could have closed its borders if it really wanted to, but that would have been a huge call. In practice, I`m not sure if it was realistic, as it would have had a serious impact on food supply.

NZ did essentially "close the border" between Auckland and the rest of the country in the second lockdown, but it is relatively straightforward, as there are probably only 10 roads that require checkpoints to enforce it across two relatively narrow areas.

--------------------------------------------------
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 19 Dec 23:57

'Mad wee world', 'Mental Stuff'. You didn't just ask a question.

You are right BOApar, the TTI failure when daily cases was less than 5 is an absolute scandal. And is why we have repeated lockdowns. They require nothing from the Government and everything from the people. They are a cop out. As soon as we need the government to mobilise then it goes pear shaped. That's both UK and SG.

Post Edited (Sun 20 Dec 00:02)
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 20 Dec 00:07

Quote:

desparado, Sat 19 Dec 23:46

Da no 1.

As long as England is “ closed off from the rest of the planet “ then Scot gov are doing the right thing. Boris stating today that it is a “ Four nation “ approach. Other European countries are implementing similar restrictions.

Are you advocating allowing unrestricted travel from areas in the rest of the U.K. into Scotland which has a lower infection rate currently ?

Or are you just having your usual anti Scot Gov rant?

Even the opposition parties in Scotland agreed she is doing the right thing, but you seem to know better eh ?

I never said I did. I questioned one poster on his shut the border to England last summer point. The rest is made up by you.

Post Edited (Sun 20 Dec 00:13)
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: OzPar  
Date:   Sun 20 Dec 06:06

[We are told that the reason Lockdowns fail is because they have not been severe enough, as Ozpar sometimes tells us. Yet in areas where they are imposed the infection rate can sometimes rise despite this and I notice that in Sydney the rate has risen, whilst a legal opinion of Victoria`s rules has been that it was outwith the constitution. The balance between human life and mere existence is a significant one.]

This is getting tiresome beyond belief.

Lockdowns work. They have got to be tough and you just have to adhere to them. Once they are adhered to, the numbers drop and you have a situation where T&T can operate effectively. You then focus on securing and monitoring your borders and who can come in and who cannot.

Constitutional or not, the vast majority of Victorians believe our government took the correct approach. We live in a state the size of Britain, with a population a little bit bigger than Scotland. Unlike New Zealand, we have multiple borders and many interstate road links. We employed The Army and Police to secure all these. Frankly, Scotland`s border with England is far easier to secure.

Over time, we will all get access to the vaccine and hopefully, human life will return to a more normal pattern. But in the meantime, we just have to be prepared for a few inconveniences.

The alternative? You fanny about with incoherent rules that are poorly applied and policed and you end up with the situation you have got where you face repeated lockdowns until about 70% of the population have been vaccinated. If that ever happens!

It really is as simple as that.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Tenruh  
Date:   Sun 20 Dec 07:18

The flu season hasn't arrived yet and the hospitals in NI and Wales are at full capacity its time some of the covidiots answered the question why is that ?

On another matter,Wee Nicki was the first to suggest the wearing of face masks and restricting movement across the UK borders and she was crucified by the MSM , turns out she was ahead of the game.

So has the UK performed well with this disease, an Island nation with 60,000+ deaths top of the death league in Europe ?

Anyone fancy Eating out to help out now ?
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Berry  
Date:   Sun 20 Dec 08:18

Shot themselves in the foot a little after reading the news.

Boris announcement was at 4pm and by 7pm every train and sure all other possible transport out of London was booked up.

Alas rock and a hard place, can’t leave it too late for anyone to do any necessary preparations.

Don’t think people realise that it’s not just their family it affects, if your folks are happy to take the risk and see you over Christmas that is one thing, but how are you getting there, how many more folk are you going to get close to and put at risk whilst travelling..that naivety is going to just make it worse, just look at the scenes at St Pancras.

I agree completely with OzPar, if you are going to Lockdown, you have to do it properly, these multiple mini lockdowns with the very precise rules about number of households you can mix with etc when you’re out of them isn’t doing much good.

I’m a bit perplexed by Nicolas decision to enforce lockdown, but from Boxing Day.

Yes, Scotland has a lower rate but surely that’s more of a reason to do the lockdown now, follow Boris’s u-turn. No we get Christmas Day so everyone will be out and about seeing their families and spreading the love...and virus
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: P  
Date:   Sun 20 Dec 08:24

It’s like a ***** reality game show - UK right there’s a new even more infectious strain of the virus in London so we are going to lock everything down.

London - we are going to start it tomorrow, your objective is to spread it far and wide and as fast as possible. The trains are in place so at ready, steady, GO!!

[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 20 Dec 10:13

Quote:

wee eck, Sat 19 Dec 23:20

It`s weird seeing avowed left-wingers like Rasta and sammer siding with `libertarian` right-wing Tories whose privileged lives are so inconvenienced by the restrictions placed on the people who serve them that they preach `freedom`.

It`s so easy to sit at a keyboard advocating a policy that puts ordinary folks` lives at risk. Imagine standing up in Parliament saying that.

In what way have I been saying I'm "inconvenienced" you pathetic little man?
I said if my family wants, I shall see them, not hide behind this political garbage, you're the one believing Fairie Tories, hanging off every word cowering indoors.
What tired hackneyed attempt at insult, I feel for you.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Alf  
Date:   Sun 20 Dec 10:29

Quote:

the saline hill puma, Sat 19 Dec 18:18

Tw*t
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 20 Dec 10:35

Rasta, you might gain more credibility on this forum if you showed fellow-posters a wee bit of respect instead of insulting everyone who has a different opinion from you. I was simply pointing out the irony of someone of your political disposition taking the same stance on this as right-wing Tories but, as usual, you completely sidestep the issue.

And what makes you think I`m `cowering indoors`? That`s far from being the case.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 20 Dec 10:45

There's been almost no policing of lockdowns in Scotland. Even just a couple of weeks back when West Lothian was tier 4, a guy in the office merrily drove over to Edinburgh to get his car sorted. Had to hang about for a few hours so went round the shops at Hermiston Gait.

When we first had restrictions people would follow the arrows and wait for you to move before picking something up. Now people are up in your face grabbing stuff. Even last night I went to Tesco and this manky wifie was coughing outside and then walked in without even sanitising her hands. People are unbelievable.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 20 Dec 10:58

Quote:

wee eck, Sun 20 Dec 10:35

Rasta, you might gain more credibility on this forum if you showed fellow-posters a wee bit of respect instead of insulting everyone who has a different opinion from you. I was simply pointing out the irony of someone of your political disposition taking the same stance on this as right-wing Tories but, as usual, you completely sidestep the issue.

And what makes you think I`m `cowering indoors`? That`s far from being the case.

Hold on you just called me a Tory, typical .net, insult a poster then cry salty tears when the poster bites back, do one.
I'm not after anyone on here's respect thank you, so no currency on that one.
And yet here's me, doing the opposite of what the Tories want while you play along....and yet I'm the Tory🤔

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: EEP  
Date:   Sun 20 Dec 11:06

[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 20 Dec 11:24

`I`m not after anyone on here`s respect thank you, so no currency on that one.
And yet here`s me, doing the opposite of what the Tories want while you play along....and yet I`m the Tory🤔`

It`s not just Tories who favour lockdowns but governments of every political persuasion throughout the world so it isn`t really a party political issue. It is noticeable that it`s the most right-wing Tories that are against them. It`s interesting that you say you`re not after anyone`s respect though. Maybe that`s the crux of the matter. You`re only interested in No 1.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: The One Who Knocks  
Date:   Sun 20 Dec 11:24

Rasta you called Wee Eck a `pathetic wee man`. No need for that at all. I`m sure you are a perfectly amicable chap in real life so before you dish out insulting comments on here just pause for a second and consider if your choice of words are necessary. Or don`t, it`s your call.

And although my eyes were open
They just might as well be closed
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: dd23  
Date:   Sun 20 Dec 14:01

I’ve got to agree Rasta a lot of your put downs are really, really nasty and belittling. Apart from that you can be quite eloquent in your posts, but your attempts to humiliate people so frequently take away from the substance of your point.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 20 Dec 16:45

Quote:

wee eck, Sun 20 Dec 11:24

`I`m not after anyone on here`s respect thank you, so no currency on that one.
And yet here`s me, doing the opposite of what the Tories want while you play along....and yet I`m the Tory🤔`

It`s not just Tories who favour lockdowns but governments of every political persuasion throughout the world so it isn`t really a party political issue. It is noticeable that it`s the most right-wing Tories that are against them. It`s interesting that you say you`re not after anyone`s respect though. Maybe that`s the crux of the matter. You`re only interested in No 1.

Yeah, nailed it, I'm looking after me, so what's you're angle?
Am I at liberty to?
It seems yes, so who are you looking out for and why?
I owe no one on here the steam from my pi5h so get over yourself.
Anyone i may owe a nod to on .net is long gone.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 20 Dec 16:47

Quote:

The One Who Knocks, Sun 20 Dec 11:24

Rasta you called Wee Eck a `pathetic wee man`. No need for that at all. I`m sure you are a perfectly amicable chap in real life so before you dish out insulting comments on here just pause for a second and consider if your choice of words are necessary. Or don`t, it`s your call.

Only after he insinuated I was a Tory, but keep yelping away, gnashing your teeth etc.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 20 Dec 16:48

Quote:

dd23, Sun 20 Dec 14:01

I’ve got to agree Rasta a lot of your put downs are really, really nasty and belittling. Apart from that you can be quite eloquent in your posts, but your attempts to humiliate people so frequently take away from the substance of your point.

I only respond, rarely attack, try reading, thinking for yourself etc..you'll see.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 20 Dec 17:43

Wee Eck,
I’m well aware of the irony in the situation of me siding with commentators like Peter Hitchens in questioning the Lockdown strategy, but politics can make strange bedfellows. My grandfather, against his gut instincts, supported Churchill’s policy of confronting Nazism at a time when the centrist politicians were flying over to Berchtesgaden to stitch up Czechoslovakia. He happily helped vote out Churchill in 1945 just the same. So standing alongside right wing libertarians may sometimes be a necessary evil, such as Piers Corbyn has been doing. (BTW, lucky that his brother lost the last election: can you even begin to imagine the headlines of ‘Atheist Commie Corbyn Cancels Xmas’ had he ended up in the same predicament as Johnson.)

I think the general consensus is that a Lockdown- which puts the onus on the citizen- can be effective if supported by vigorous government action in relation to health care. Other countries seem to have managed this better than the UK. The UK public were supportive of Lockdown until Cummings went on his jaunt and are still awaiting anything other than advertising language in regard of testing, tracing and vaccination programmes.

sammer
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 20 Dec 18:06

Doesn’t sound like the Swedish model is working out too well (compared against their neighbours anyway)

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2020/dec/20/as-covid-death-toll-soars-ever-higher-sweden-wonders-who-to-blame?CMP=Share_iOSApp_Other

[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 20 Dec 18:38

Thanks for the reasoned response, sammer, and for acknowledging the irony of your position, which I respect. As you say, this pandemic and the politics involved, can throw up strange bedfellows.

Comrade Rasta on the other hand takes offence at being called a Tory (which wasn`t actually the case) despite the fact that he accuses anyone who disagrees with him on anything of being a Tory! He`s obviously not a Tory but, judging by his comments that he`s only looking after himself, he doesn`t seem to be a socialist either.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 20 Dec 18:57

Quote:

wee eck, Sun 20 Dec 18:38

Thanks for the reasoned response, sammer, and for acknowledging the irony of your position, which I respect. As you say, this pandemic and the politics involved, can throw up strange bedfellows.

Comrade Rasta on the other hand takes offence at being called a Tory (which wasn`t actually the case) despite the fact that he accuses anyone who disagrees with him on anything of being a Tory! He`s obviously not a Tory but, judging by his comments that he`s only looking after himself, he doesn`t seem to be a socialist either.

You misunderstand me, what I'm saying is explicitly, I am not looking out for anyone here...there's a big difference...fir example wee eck...when did you become my responsibility?
My family and me are my responsibility And not yours and vice versa....
You also want to subscribe me to a political bias....sorry but I'm very much fluid in that department, your labels are irrelevant, my first priority are me and mine in the real world then both I and Miss Rasta project outward without reserve.
.net is just words on a screen, I'm perfectly comfortable with what my relationship with those around me brings and what I offer and to whom..

I'm sorry I can't fit into what political trope you wish to paint your picture with but hey, you keep being you, I'll do the same compadre...

[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 20 Dec 19:03

The invisible hand theory does have some merit.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 20 Dec 19:14

Quote:

The One Who Knocks, Sun 20 Dec 19:03

The invisible hand theory does have some merit.

Oh look at us on the same page, are you disappointed?

[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 20 Dec 19:22

Not at all Rasta. Happy to have you on board.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 20 Dec 19:38

Quote:

The One Who Knocks, Sun 20 Dec 19:22

Not at all Rasta. Happy to have you on board.

In the long run I doubt that, but hey....are we all not just players in the theatre?

[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 20 Dec 19:40

When the game is up the King and the Pawns all go back in the same box.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 20 Dec 20:08

Quote:

The One Who Knocks, Sun 20 Dec 19:40

When the game is up the King and the Pawns all go back in the same box.

And again singing the same tune.
I wish to choose my box, others may fashion their own.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 20 Dec 20:49

In the age of people being rightly encouraged to be who they are....and yet the idea that someone can be fluid in terms of political movement and morality sends some in here into a minor flurry....is amusing.
I'm in reality nothing to anyone here, just opposing words, you are all the same to me, perfectly acceptable avatars.
I digress,my actions are never political, I simply choose to be not alone...with those that choose not to be alone.
That may be a crime in your world, it is not in mine, I won't affect you and you won't affect me.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: dander par  
Date:   Sun 20 Dec 21:41

Quote:

Rastapari, Sun 20 Dec 18:57

Quote:

You misunderstand me, what I'm saying is explicitly, I am not looking out for anyone here...there's a big difference...fir example wee eck...when did you become my responsibility?
You also want to subscribe me to a political bias....sorry but I'm very much fluid in that department, your labels are irrelevant, my first priority are me and mine in the real world then both I and Miss Rasta project outward without reserve.
.net is just words on a screen, I'm perfectly comfortable with what my relationship with those around me brings and what I offer and to whom..

I'm sorry I can't fit into what political trope you wish to paint your picture with but hey, you keep being you, I'll do the same compadre...

Rasta am going to disagree with you here a bit . I feel you are like me n trying to alert pars fans on here to question the government s narrative on here as it’s definitely not what we are used to as free people. Our rights are being taking away so quickly n some of us are questioning this . So only trying to help n hopefully more will realise this soon .
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 20 Dec 21:44

[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 20 Dec 22:02

Quote:

dander par, Sun 20 Dec 21:41

Quote:

Rastapari, Sun 20 Dec 18:57

Quote:

Rasta am going to disagree with you here a bit . I feel you are like me n trying to alert pars fans on here to question the government s narrative on here as it’s definitely not what we are used to as free people. Our rights are being taking away so quickly n some of us are questioning this . So only trying to help n hopefully more will realise this soon .

You miss the point, to continually separate is folly.

Post Edited (Sun 20 Dec 22:49)
[IP address logged]
Date:   Tue 22 Dec 23:17

Oh, Kyle...
[IP address logged]
Date:   Wed 23 Dec 09:00

[RASTA: I owe no one on here the steam from my pi5h so get over yourself. Anyone i may owe a nod to on .net is long gone.]

What a nice thing to say.

Rasta, over the past year or two, you have trotted out here on dotnet each and every one of the lies highlighted in this short video.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WiM_VlEnFpw

One day you will come to the bitter realisation that you have been taken for a right royal ride by a group of very shady wealthy folk who hate everything that you stand for. They wouldn`t have you in the same room. They care not a jot for you or your family, or indeed your "freedom".

Through their creative vehicles in social media, like QAnon, and aided by multiple loud-mouthed Svengalis like Nigel Farage, Tucker Carlson, Sean Hannity, Laura Ingraham, Jeanine Pirro, Alex Jones and Ben Shapiro, they have unremittingly transmitted these messages of hate and discord.

And you, gullible fellow, have swallowed it all. Each and every lie. Hook, line and sinker.

When, eventually we get that Wizard of Oz moment, and the elusive Q is revealed from behind the curtain, I will bet you my house that there, standing naked and exposed, are Roger Stone and Steve Bannon. Laughing their bloody heads off. But you might not share their joke.

You like to present yourself as a contrarian, a pillar of righteousness, of independence, of freedom. The simple truth is that`s a mirage.

Like so many conspiracy-hawkers out there, you are not as smart as you think. You are just another easily manipulated sheep.

Perhaps you should do some real research... and best avoid Facebook.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Wed 23 Dec 09:30

Hang on...so what you're telling me is that billionaires can control the dialogue on both sides to create distractions and we're not living in a Mr Robot-esque society?
[IP address logged]
Date:   Wed 23 Dec 16:01

That was quite a rogue’s gallery of right wing ‘libertarians’ and might give Rastapari pause for thought. However if a person believed in every conspiracy theory flying around he would be no more gullible than a person who refused to believe conspiracies existed.

The term ‘conspiracy theory’ was coined in 1964 to discredit those who failed to accept the findings of the Warren Report into the assassination of John Kennedy. In terms of the Warren Report this has not proves successful since there are probably fewer people who accept its findings now than did at the time. However the concept of a ‘conspiracy theorist’ being an oddball has taken deeper root and if anyone wants to discredit opposition to an official government position today, all that is required is for David Icke to be handed a microphone.

Yet conspiracy is as much a part of everyday politics as tripping, obstruction, jersey holding and diving in the penalty area are part and parcel of everyday football matches. Most conspiracies are low level affairs that never get on the radar but on occasion they operate on a grander scale. The conspiracy to invade and control countries resistant to US hegemony was clearly laid out in PNAC documents of the late 1990s and some of its signatories later held positions within the Bush administration. It was as clear a statement of intent as Mein Kamp and to date two of these countries have indeed been invaded outwith international law: Iraq and Libya.

There’s plenty more where that came from, such as the removal of Gough Whitlam by forces loyal to the UK crown, but as an example of a conspiracy on the grand scale that is never actually called such, the illegal invasion of Iraq is possibly the best example.

sammer
[IP address logged]
Date:   Wed 23 Dec 16:42

The term conspiracy theory has been used since at least the earlier 1900's and there are examples going back to 1700's. The CIA may have popularised it but they certainly did not invent it.

The Oxford English Dictionary defines conspiracy theory as "the theory that an event or phenomenon occurs as a result of a conspiracy between interested parties; spec. a belief that some covert but influential agency (typically political in motivation and oppressive in intent) is responsible for an unexplained event". It cites a 1909 article in The American Historical Review as the earliest usage example, although it also appeared in print as early as April 1870.The word "conspiracy" derives from the Latin con- ("with, together") and spirare ("to breathe").

Post Edited (Wed 23 Dec 16:43)
[IP address logged]
Date:   Wed 23 Dec 17:13

I didn’t doubt the concept was as old as human society but I didn’t know the actual term ‘conspiracy theory’ dated back so far.

Presumably, when a conspiracy theory as defined by the OED is later proved to have substantial supporting evidence, it should then be defined as a proven conspiracy.

sammer
[IP address logged]
Date:   Wed 23 Dec 20:58

Quote:

sammer, Wed 23 Dec 17:13

I didn’t doubt the concept was as old as human society but I didn’t know the actual term ‘conspiracy theory’ dated back so far.

Presumably, when a conspiracy theory as defined by the OED is later proved to have substantial supporting evidence, it should then be defined as a proven conspiracy.[/quote

Presumably so.

The internet has increased the conspiracy theories to the nth degree. But they are not new but any means. We seem to think nothing was here before us.

I remember when getting spammed with them during the 90's when email at work really got going
[IP address logged]
Date:   Wed 23 Dec 21:17

I remember spam fritters was a delicacy for tea back in the day :)

[IP address logged]
Date:   Wed 23 Dec 22:01

[IP address logged]
Date:   Wed 23 Dec 22:05

The OED definition mentions an `unexplained event.` This is far more specific than the way the term is used in everyday language, but may be useful.

The 1963 assassination of JFK was inexplicable in so far as a a manual worker could pay around 25 dollars for a rifle and kill the head of a nuclear power. It didn`t seem to make sense then and makes no more sense now. So the idea of `inexplicable` certainly seems to apply.

It is hardly surprising that many people have spent countless hours discovering that Lee Harvey Oswald was no average US citizen, had lived in the USSR, had connections to both the FBI and CIA, was impersonated in Mexico City weeks before the event and was quite likely some distance away from where the shots were fired on the day. That is to their credit as `conspiracy theorists.`

There are conspiracies going on all the time. We need people to broadcast them. We have to choose which ones to give credence to, of course, we have to walk a line somewhere between Thersites and Parsons, but we should remain alert.

sammer
[IP address logged]
Date:   Thu 24 Dec 07:25

Two weeks to flatten the curve, now your family is banned.
But yeah, I'm conspiracy theorist.
Ok, wee bet, 2021 wi ll be no better, vaccine or not, any takers?

Post Edited (Thu 24 Dec 07:25)
[IP address logged]
Date:   Thu 24 Dec 08:41

But isn't it easy to look at things in hindsight and criticise? It's like shouting "should've jumped to the right" when Fon Williams doesn't save a penalty. Right now decisions are being made based on the available data. That's all we have.

The idea of hundreds of leaders ALL singing from the same hymn sheet is fanciful at best. We can't even get a handful of them to agree a brexit deal!
[IP address logged]
Date:   Thu 24 Dec 09:13

Disagree with that assessment, Jake. Rasta would likely agree that some of us regularly challenge his claims. You should always question and test claims that you instinctively believe to be untrue or don`t match data.

To a fairly large extent, I support Rasta`s contrariness. All Pars fans probably would, given our upbringings, where most of us were under huge peer pressure to support one side or the other of the Old Firm. We rightly chose to be contrarians.

It is just that somewhere along the line Rasta has fallen into the wrong crowd and metaphorically speaking is supporting Falkirk rather than the Pars.

There is little doubt that conspiracies exist or indeed that they go back a very long way in history. Just think back to your school days and Julius Caesar... "Et tu Brute," and all that. Or "Macbeth" for that matter.

Iraq War, JFK, even 9/11, all contained elements that were conceivable as conspiracies and certainly were borne out by the evidence. More recently, there is the Malaysian Airways plane that mysteriously disappeared. That invites a multitude of strange theories, many of which are worthy of some consideration.

What differentiates the current tranche of conspiracies that infest the internet is the sheer lunacy, the sheer unreality, of the claims that are being made. Pizzagate for instance. Or Bill Gates and his evil plans for vaccines.

They require thorough challenging now, not at a later date with the benefit of hindsight. Unnecessary damage would have been done by then.

Thousands of people were killed in Vietnam because successive US governments conspired to lie to the public for years.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: aaaaaaaaaargh  
Date:   Thu 24 Dec 09:25

"The 1963 assassination of JFK was inexplicable in so far as a a manual worker could pay around 25 dollars for a rifle and kill the head of a nuclear power. It didn`t seem to make sense then and makes no more sense now."

Yet 27 years later someone tried to do the same, but it was to impress Jodie Foster so there is no conspiracy theory around it.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Thu 24 Dec 09:35

Rasta - I will bite and say that, overall, 2021 should be better than 2020.

The next few months are going to look a lot like the last few months, but normality should start to return by the summer.

The main reason will be the number of deaths. I am convinced that the virus has already done most of its damage, so even without a vaccine the number of deaths with coronavirus in 2021 is likely to be far lower than in 2020. If most over 75s are vaccinated by March then the rate or hospitalisations and deaths will be so low by May that any further restrictions will be pointless.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Thu 24 Dec 09:36

Quote:

aaaaaaaaaargh, Thu 24 Dec 09:25

"The 1963 assassination of JFK was inexplicable in so far as a a manual worker could pay around 25 dollars for a rifle and kill the head of a nuclear power. It didn`t seem to make sense then and makes no more sense now."

Yet 27 years later someone tried to do the same, but it was to impress Jodie Foster so there is no conspiracy theory around it.

Big events need big explanations for some people to feel safe and make sense of their world. Reagan never died so never became a big event so no motivation for conspiracy theories around it.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Thu 24 Dec 09:42

It was actually only 18 years after the assassination of JFK that an attempt was made on Reagan.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Thu 24 Dec 10:00

True. I must have added a decade by mistake.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Thu 24 Dec 13:07

Quote:

OzPar, Thu 24 Dec 09:13

Disagree with that assessment, Jake. Rasta would likely agree that some of us regularly challenge his claims. You should always question and test claims that you instinctively believe to be untrue or don`t match data.

To a fairly large extent, I support Rasta`s contrariness. All Pars fans probably would, given our upbringings, where most of us were under huge peer pressure to support one side or the other of the Old Firm. We rightly chose to be contrarians.

It is just that somewhere along the line Rasta has fallen into the wrong crowd and metaphorically speaking is supporting Falkirk rather than the Pars.

There is little doubt that conspiracies exist or indeed that they go back a very long way in history. Just think back to your school days and Julius Caesar... "Et tu Brute," and all that. Or "Macbeth" for that matter.

Iraq War, JFK, even 9/11, all contained elements that were conceivable as conspiracies and certainly were borne out by the evidence. More recently, there is the Malaysian Airways plane that mysteriously disappeared. That invites a multitude of strange theories, many of which are worthy of some consideration.

What differentiates the current tranche of conspiracies that infest the internet is the sheer lunacy, the sheer unreality, of the claims that are being made. Pizzagate for instance. Or Bill Gates and his evil plans for vaccines.

They require thorough challenging now, not at a later date with the benefit of hindsight. Unnecessary damage would have been done by then.

Thousands of people were killed in Vietnam because successive US governments conspired to lie to the public for years.

Fallen in with the wrong crowd, the **** doyle think your are you moralistic pr*k?
Because I disagree with you?
Utter Richard.
You know virtually nothing about me but the assumptions you make, cretin.

Post Edited (Thu 24 Dec 13:13)
[IP address logged]
Date:   Thu 24 Dec 13:08

Quote:

aaaaaaaaaargh, Thu 24 Dec 09:35

Rasta - I will bite and say that, overall, 2021 should be better than 2020.

The next few months are going to look a lot like the last few months, but normality should start to return by the summer.

The main reason will be the number of deaths. I am convinced that the virus has already done most of its damage, so even without a vaccine the number of deaths with coronavirus in 2021 is likely to be far lower than in 2020. If most over 75s are vaccinated by March then the rate or hospitalisations and deaths will be so low by May that any further restrictions will be pointless.

I'll bet you the restrictions remain in place, at governments whom, all year....

[IP address logged]
Date:   Thu 24 Dec 13:25

Only time will tell. I agree with you for the first half of the year, but I think they will struggle to justify restrictions from July.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Thu 24 Dec 13:49

Fallen in with the wrong crowd, the **** doyle think your are you moralistic pr*k?
Utter Richard.

Gosh!!? Pleasant.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Thu 24 Dec 14:08

Some predicting 2022 before back to normal :(

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Thaipar  
Date:   Thu 24 Dec 14:54

Utter Richard.

Go on say it in. ENGLISH. Try just try.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Thu 24 Dec 15:31

Quote:

Thaipar, Thu 24 Dec 14:54

Utter Richard.

That post looks like a very angry post.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: BigJPar  
Date:   Thu 24 Dec 16:08

[IP address logged]
Date:   Thu 24 Dec 16:49

Rasta, are you okay? That last post didn't make sense. That's not me trying to be clever or mocking. Take care.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Thu 24 Dec 17:12

Might be nice if folk stepped away from the pile on for Christmas.

A time of year when it’s not uncommon for tempers to be on a hair trigger.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Thu 24 Dec 17:55

Quote:

Buspasspar, Thu 24 Dec 14:08

There won't be normal not like before. It'll still be do-able. Cheer up FFS!

[IP address logged]
Date:   Thu 24 Dec 19:12

Topic Originator: da_no_1 like | nolike
Date: Thu 24 Dec 17:55

Quote:

There won`t be normal not like before. It`ll still be do-able. Cheer up FFS!

da .....you won`t find a more happy, optimistic, content and positive person than me ...Its not my opinion its only copied and pasted from the Beeb I hope they are wrong
I also noticed that you seem to have what I thought was a wee grudge against me which made me seeth ... until I read your replies to other posters and it would appear your grudge is universal .....Maybe you should cheer up ffs .... Oh aye and Merry Christmas

[IP address logged]
Date:   Thu 24 Dec 19:56

Quote:

Buspasspar, Thu 24 Dec 19:12

Topic Originator: da_no_1 like | nolike
Date: Thu 24 Dec 17:55

Quote:

There won`t be normal not like before. It`ll still be do-able. Cheer up FFS!

da .....you won`t find a more happy, optimistic, content and positive person than me ...Its not my opinion its only copied and pasted from the Beeb I hope they are wrong
I also noticed that you seem to have what I thought was a wee grudge against me which made me seeth ... until I read your replies to other posters and it would appear your grudge is universal .....Maybe you should cheer up ffs .... Oh aye and Merry Christmas

No grudges just different opinions mate! Merry Christmas!

[IP address logged]
Date:   Thu 24 Dec 20:03

Aye you too da ...hope all goes well ...hope you have a great Christmas

Post Edited (Thu 24 Dec 20:04)
[IP address logged]
Date:   Thu 24 Dec 22:59

Rasta,

I am extremely sorry that I have upset you. My Falkirk jibe was meant to be a light-hearted play on your following the QAnon line of argument. Clearly, it hit a wrong note. Moralistic pr*k? Of course, I am. I am not going to change. I have always regarded you as a decent sort despite your radical views and nothing will change that either.

It`s Christmas morning here in Oz, a little cloudy and overcast outside, but Michael Franti is playing on my CD. Things can only get better.

Take care, mate.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 26 Dec 08:22

Quote:

Utter Richard.

Nukes it's the wee nyaf, is that why you're always raging,because you're wee?

[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 26 Dec 08:26

Quote:

OzPar, Thu 24 Dec 22:59

Rasta,

I am extremely sorry that I have upset you. My Falkirk jibe was meant to be a light-hearted play on your following the QAnon line of argument. Clearly, it hit a wrong note. Moralistic pr*k? Of course, I am. I am not going to change. I have always regarded you as a decent sort despite your radical views and nothing will change that either.

It`s Christmas morning here in Oz, a little cloudy and overcast outside, but Michael Franti is playing on my CD. Things can only get better.

Take care, mate.

QAnon, sorry you're just being cheap and lazy,ever even looked at them let alone follow.
Don't believe the microchip thing either, doesn't stop folks claiming it though does it.
Pr*ck.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 26 Dec 08:51

Quote:

Rastapari, Sat 26 Dec 08:26

Quote:

OzPar, Thu 24 Dec 22:59

Rasta,

Take care, mate.

QAnon, sorry you're just being cheap and lazy,ever even looked at them let alone follow.
Don't believe the microchip thing either, doesn't stop folks claiming it though does it.
Pr*ck.

You really are a cretin.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 26 Dec 08:52

Quote:

Rastapari, Sat 26 Dec 08:22

Quote:

Utter Richard.

Nukes it's the wee nyaf, is that why you're always raging,because you're wee?

Aye being small in height really affects the way I think. What a dosser you are.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: widtink  
Date:   Sat 26 Dec 09:01

I see the Xmas ceasefire has ended...
🤣

Admin
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 26 Dec 09:11

[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 26 Dec 10:20

Quote:

EEP, Sat 26 Dec 09:11

Oh someone’s going to get a red card by the end of the day....... maybe the wee man Thaipar😅😅😅

I don't have wee man syndrome am quite happy with my portion 😂

[IP address logged]
 Top of Board  |  Forum List  |  Threaded View   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 

Rows: 0
 Forum List  |  Need a Login? Register Here 
 User Login
 User Name:
 Password:
 Remember my login:

Forgot Your Password?
Enter your email address or user name below and a new password will be sent to the email address associated with your profile.
Security : type 'pars' in the box:
email:
© 2021-- DAFC.net