DAFC.net
Home 29 March 2024 
 Post Message  |  Top of Board  |  Search  |  Log In   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 
[ please login to use the Like feature ]
 Self-isolation for fans in a stand
Topic Originator: OzPar  
Date:   Wed 6 Jan 07:57

Without wishing to spoil da no 1`s day yet again, an interesting issue has arisen here in Melbourne following the discovery of a new Covid-19 case. It turns out that the individual attended day 2 of the Boxing Day cricket test between Australia and India at the Melbourne Cricket Ground (MCG).

The stadium, which has a 100,000 capacity, was about a quarter full and the 8,000 that were in the same stand as this gentleman are now likely to be asked to self-isolate. As the match was all-ticket and paid for electronically, track and trace should not be too difficult.

Something that I haven`t heard mentioned yet is, what will happen at the football when the doors finally reopen? If a fan in let`s say, the Norrie, is found to be positive a few days after a match, would or indeed could the same rule apply and fans in that stand would be asked to self-isolate? Presumably, folk who have been vaccinated would be excluded.

I suppose the argument may be that the stadiums won`t be opened again until everybody`s been vaccinated, but the odds are that they will be opened before that, perhaps once 70% have been inoculated and herd immunity has come into play.

There are so many little anomalies like this that are likely to arise over time. The whole damn thing is just a nightmare.

[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: Self-isolation for fans in a stand
Topic Originator: da_no_1  
Date:   Wed 6 Jan 08:53

FFS ye canny help yourself eh? 😟

We won't be back in stadiums til next season anyway, by which time the vaccination program will be nearly complete.

8000 people in a stadium seems a world away this morning.

"Some days will stay a 1000 years, some pass like the flash of a spark"
[IP address logged]
Date:   Wed 6 Jan 09:24

You are a total twerp. For goodness sake, stop your bloody rants. I was amazed to see you reveal that you are 49 years of age. Seriously, I had you for a petulant 19-year-old. Grow up, man.

We all have our crosses to bear. Things are bad for everyone, but they are not so bad that you can`t discuss new aspects of the issues of the day.

This is a forum FFS. Don`t read if you don`t like the subject.

And for goodness sake, stop being such a childish pain in the neck.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Wed 6 Jan 10:28

Oz I was actually joking this time. Apologies if it didn`t come across that way.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Wed 6 Jan 10:40

Really? I am going to take a break from posting on here for a while. I sense that I am clearly getting a bit cranky and oversensitive in my old age.

Cheers for now.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Wed 6 Jan 10:49

Quote:

OzPar, Wed 6 Jan 10:40

Really? I am going to take a break from posting on here for a while. I sense that I am clearly getting a bit cranky and oversensitive in my old age.

Cheers for now.

It's not a problem honestly. We disagree about some stuff, that's all. My reply to you maybe could've been worded clearer. No offence taken 👍👍

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: dafc  
Date:   Wed 6 Jan 16:27

Would only be anyone seated close enough which if following social distance rules would be no one?

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: veteraneastender  
Date:   Wed 6 Jan 17:04

Oz - will fans be allowed into grounds without proof of vaccination ?

Is that not the key issue ?

[IP address logged]
 Top of Board  |  Forum List  |  Threaded View   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 

Rows: 0
 Forum List  |  Need a Login? Register Here 
 User Login
 User Name:
 Password:
 Remember my login:

Forgot Your Password?
Enter your email address or user name below and a new password will be sent to the email address associated with your profile.
Security : type 'pars' in the box:
email:
© 2021-- DAFC.net