DAFC.net
Home 28 March 2024 
 Post Message  |  Top of Board  |  Search  |  Log In   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 
[ please login to use the Like feature ]
 Lockdown or no lockdown?
Topic Originator: jake89  
Date:   Sun 24 Jan 16:00

I'm a miserable git and it's always annoyed where where there are two parents plus children going round the supermarket. Why can't one of you stay in the car with the kids instead of getting in the way.

Right now it's lock down so essential trips only. Yet in some supermarkets there are still numpties bringing the whole family along. So you're going round the shop, trying to keep a distance but dealing with these people who seem to have a special skill in creating a blockage.
[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: Lockdown or no lockdown?
Topic Originator: Buspasspar  
Date:   Sun 24 Jan 16:09

Hehehe jake89 you will soon take my Victor Meldrew Crown .. appointed to me by G.G. Riva

Is it not the Supermarkets responsibility to stop more than one shopper ? which I`m sure it is one of the new lockdown rules/laws ..I know some are enforcing that

We are forever shaped by the Children we once were
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Wotsit  
Date:   Sun 24 Jan 16:10

The trouble is that it depends on the individuals: a dad on his own with a maskless rampaging toddler is much worse than a family of four quietly perusing the broccoli.

"Who you are and what you feel comes not just from inside you, but from where you are in the power structure"
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 24 Jan 16:33

Not sure if it's a rule or not. Some shops limit 1 person per trolley. The smaller supermarkets like Aldi and Lidl don't.

It should just be a permanent rule. Obviously some parents can't avoid bringing the kids in. It's where there's two adults with them. Even two adults on their own. Why do they both need to go in? Do people enjoy Tesco that much?!
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: EEP  
Date:   Sun 24 Jan 16:36

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Raymie the Legend  
Date:   Sun 24 Jan 17:30

Wee Asda staff like to congregate and blether at the exit to the self service checkouts.
Had to squeeze past a few times

It`s bloody tough being a legend
Ron Atkinson - 1983
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: P  
Date:   Sun 24 Jan 17:39

You would think folk would be happy enough to go to the supermarket alone for some respite from 24/7 with the family

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Milos Drizzle  
Date:   Sun 24 Jan 17:52

Always annoyed me the one-person rule. In fact, when Tesco did it the first time they lost our business as we switched to M&S (that didn't have that rule), and we've stuck with that ever since. And now i see a Tesco have reintroduced the rule. For us, we want to shop together so that we can carry four bags, and we also both want to decide what to get for the week on-the-fly as we go round. The upshot is a single, quick, effective weekly shop. Its either that or multiple visits, which makes no sense.

This is my signature
[IP address logged]
-
Topic Originator: donj  
Date:   Sun 24 Jan 18:29

Since masks arrived they all seem to think they are immune with them.Real fun,not,negotiating some of the supermarkets now.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: parsmad68  
Date:   Sun 24 Jan 20:29

Why does a family have to do a shop. My wife works in Asda retail and the level of responsibility from shoppers is not great. She comes home stressed every day. In my opinion companies like Tesco and Asda would Sh@@ a brick if it was proven that deaths of staff were attributable to negligence on behalf of forcing the rules. It is not purely coincidental that staff are not allowed the track and trace phones on the shop floor.
It is really not hard guys. We are in the shop for 20 minutes. They are there for 8 hours. The level of self righteous customers is atrocious. Just do as is being asked for a short period of time as it is really wearing the staff out having to deal with petty individuals who don’t follow the rules.
Also statements of the staff not following rules may not apply if the staff members previously stated belong to the same household......was this discussed with the staff?
More than one shopper should only be allowed when carers are required.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 24 Jan 21:14

Parsmad, ASDA is the worst for utter cretins unfortunately. On separate occasions (and stores) I have witnessed in ASDA:

- People in their pyjamas
- Woman walking around in dressing gown and baffies (both bright pink)
- Teenage girl with no shoes on
- Person dumping an empty milkshake in the freezer cabinet
- Woman feeding a small child (still in a child seat) fries whilst walking round the shop
- A woman screaming "effs sake ah just want some effing pasta for ma dinner!"

And I very rarely shops in ASDA (for good reason!).

I know a guy who works in ASDA Halbeath. He's very scared due to how ignorant people are in the shop. He's lucky he just does the shelves so it's easier to avoid them.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Kdy Par  
Date:   Sun 24 Jan 23:07

Quote:

Milos Drizzle, Sun 24 Jan 17:52

Always annoyed me the one-person rule. In fact, when Tesco did it the first time they lost our business as we switched to M&S (that didn't have that rule), and we've stuck with that ever since. And now i see a Tesco have reintroduced the rule. For us, we want to shop together so that we can carry four bags, and we also both want to decide what to get for the week on-the-fly as we go round. The upshot is a single, quick, effective weekly shop. Its either that or multiple visits, which makes no sense.

Can’t you just write a list? The sooner shops enforce single person shopping through better.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 24 Jan 23:11

Parsmad68, what is your defintion of family? In our case, there are two scenarios. Firstly, a single person shop will take much longer (more time in store), and will mean a second visit later in the week. Secondly a two person shop with responsible adults taking care, with a single, and shorter, visit to the store for the week. Surely the latter is better than the former?

This is my signature
[IP address logged]
Date:   Mon 25 Jan 00:00

Kdy par, we could, but it wouldn't change the fact that the single person visit takes longer than a two-person visit (and inevitably increases the chances of a "mop up" visit later in the week), and would also mean using the "car collect" service in M&S, which presumably means their staff faffing around to get the bags to our car somewhere?

I know where you're coming from, but I think the scenarios are marginal, and don't believe two focused responsible adults are any more risky than one person spending more time in the shop and invoking the moving parts involved in the car collect service.

And then you add in the fact that we don't really have a fixed list of things we buy - we'll buy stuff for the week on-the-fly, as a joint decision. That said, if I really thought two-person shopping was on balance more risky, I'd accept the first-wold inconveniences of it!

This is my signature
[IP address logged]
Date:   Mon 25 Jan 07:07

Click and collect takes minutes. You turn up, they bring out your stuff, you put it in the boot, you drive away.

You must be well organised if two people means half the time, Milos. If it were my wife and I we'd take longer as she tends to buy things we don't need and then I put them back 😂
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: AJ27  
Date:   Mon 25 Jan 07:27

Similar to Parsmad68 my wife works in Asda and comes home completely stressed out after a shift full of stories about families out for a jolly and friends bumping into each other in the aisles and stopping for a chat and customers who take their masks off as soon as they get away from the security guy at the door. At the first lockdown the supermarkets had a big reduction in the number of customers allowed in, enforced the one shopper rule and had one way systems in place - this was very inconvenient and meant we usually had to queue - also meant I didn’t go unless I had to and when I did I did a proper shop so that I wouldn’t have to go back for a while.

Asda have a sign up saying one shopper only but do nothing to enforce it.

Milos, I get what you say about 2 responsible adults but the reality is there are far too many irresponsible adults - put yourself in the staff’s shoes.

The management in Asda should also take a close look at themselves - they could sort this easily. A colleague of my wife’s also returned to work at the weekend after being off - turns out she’d tested positive for COVID and had been self isolating - she’d been told by management not to tell any of her colleagues!!

Andy J
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: parsmad68  
Date:   Mon 25 Jan 08:21

Quote:

AJ27, Mon 25 Jan 07:27

Similar to Parsmad68 my wife works in Asda and comes home completely stressed out after a shift full of stories about families out for a jolly and friends bumping into each other in the aisles and stopping for a chat and customers who take their masks off as soon as they get away from the security guy at the door. At the first lockdown the supermarkets had a big reduction in the number of customers allowed in, enforced the one shopper rule and had one way systems in place - this was very inconvenient and meant we usually had to queue - also meant I didn’t go unless I had to and when I did I did a proper shop so that I wouldn’t have to go back for a while.

Asda have a sign up saying one shopper only but do nothing to enforce it.

Milos, I get what you say about 2 responsible adults but the reality is there are far too many irresponsible adults - put yourself in the staff’s shoes.

The management in Asda should also take a close look at themselves - they could sort this easily. A colleague of my wife’s also returned to work at the weekend after being off - turns out she’d tested positive for COVID and had been self isolating - she’d been told by management not to tell any of her colleagues!!

AJ: completely agree ASDA Management are inept. They are very media savvy but it is clear they really don’t care about their staff. There has been COVID outbreaks in stores and these are kept quiet. The staff have been briefed on protocols but this doesn’t apply necessarily to contractors who fall under a different management but share the same facilities.
I do not wish to go into specific details that Milos may have as this is personal, but if it is only for convenience then this will not apply in my opinion. Again, I reiterate it is for 40 hours my wife needs to deal with customer interactions where for the customer it may last a max of 2 minutes, so inconvenience for the customer in my opinion is invalid. If you can reduce the interactions then of course the risk is reduced.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Mon 25 Jan 08:41

Imagine ASDA don't want the staff worrying. However, these things get out and the rumour mill magnifies things far worse. Better just to be honest.

In fairness to ASDA Halbeath it always looks clean and tidy on the inside. Shame the outside looks so shabby.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Bamba-Daft  
Date:   Mon 25 Jan 08:44

Been a few cases in halbeath Asda where the person has been told not to tell anyone. A woman tested positive, then is back in the store after isolating with no mask as she has “underlying conditions”. The woman in question does a job where she is routinely touching hundreds if not thousands of items a day.. the store manager said a deep clean had been done which consisted of one person going round with a cloth and cleaning spray... what chance have you got?
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: buffy  
Date:   Tue 26 Jan 19:10

I need to get a job as an Asda check oot Assistant
😉

“Woman walking around in dressing gown and baffies (both bright pink)”
That’s no me, honest.
Ma jimjams arenae pink.

Post Edited (Tue 26 Jan 19:13)
[IP address logged]
Date:   Tue 26 Jan 19:34

Are you sure, Buffy? 😉
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Buspasspar  
Date:   Tue 26 Jan 19:52

"Ma jimjams arenae pink"

They were when ye bought them :) ......Ouch dinnae hit me :)

We are forever shaped by the Children we once were
[IP address logged]
 Top of Board  |  Forum List  |  Threaded View   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 

Rows: 0
 Forum List  |  Need a Login? Register Here 
 User Login
 User Name:
 Password:
 Remember my login:

Forgot Your Password?
Enter your email address or user name below and a new password will be sent to the email address associated with your profile.
Security : type 'pars' in the box:
email:
© 2021-- DAFC.net