DAFC.net
Home 28 March 2024 
 Post Message  |  Top of Board  |  Search  |  Log In   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 
[ please login to use the Like feature ]
 British & Irish Lions
Topic Originator: Jjonjord  
Date:   Fri 30 Apr 11:57

Not long to go now, with less than a week until the touring squad is picked.

There are a core of about 20-25 players that are certain to be included, and then a massive group that are in with a shout. It was reported that Gatland asked each of his coaches to pick a squad of 37, and between them they came up with 59 different names.

Our overall chances of winning over there are probably dealt a blow by us being relatively weak in the most important areas. I don`t think there is an obvious pick at Hooker or Scrum Half - both areas where we have been strong on previous tours. Ken Owens and Jamie George pretty much fighting it out for the number 2 shirt I reckon, with Conor Murray probably getting the nod at 9 in the absence of any real standout candidate.

The picks at 10 will be interesting too, probably trying to fit 4 bodies into 3 places (unless they take Farrell as a centre). Think it`s a straight shootout between Russell and Sexton for who makes the cut.

Plenty strength in the rest of the pack, but George North will be a big miss in what will be physical games. No idea how many Scots will be involved, but certainly will be more than the two that made the tour in 2017. My guess would be six altogether. Hogg and Watson are stick-ons, and should both be involved in the test squad at the very least.

Any predictions?

[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: British & Irish Lions
Topic Originator: Jbob  
Date:   Fri 30 Apr 12:33

Should be cancelled

Bobs of the world unite
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: dafc  
Date:   Fri 30 Apr 15:42

Why should it be cancelled when other major sports ongoing throughout world, F1, football, golf and so on.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: shrek par  
Date:   Fri 30 Apr 18:33

4 Scots and Farrell isn't worth a Jersey. Hogg,Russell and Watson a stick on surely. Think the tight 5 will be our best asset along with a highly mobile 11 through 15. Rees Zammit worth a Jersey but I'd be calling short time for AWJ and put Itoje in front of him. Scrum half is a problem, hooker not so much. I'm hoping he doesn't pick vunipola too.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Fri 30 Apr 18:35

Whomever is picked it will be a war of attrition for sure. By the last test they'll be cobbling a team together.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Buspasspar  
Date:   Fri 30 Apr 19:18

Good call on Itoje shrek par the man is an athlete but maybe we need the experience, guidance and respect that AWJ brings to any team or squad .. this will be his swan song no doubt ... Itoje a future captain maybe ..once he calms down

We are forever shaped by the Children we once were
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: widtink  
Date:   Fri 30 Apr 19:19

He's been garbage this season but I'd bet ma hoose on Farrell still being in the squad....
It's a council hoose though 🤣

Admin
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 1 May 20:24

Plus you'll need people that can tackle and Farrell is a turnstile....

[IP address logged]
-
Date:   Wed 5 May 12:11

"4 Scots and Farrell isn`t worth a Jersey. Hogg,Russell and Watson a stick on surely. Think the tight 5 will be our best asset along with a highly mobile 11 through 15. Rees Zammit worth a Jersey but I`d be calling short time for AWJ and put Itoje in front of him. Scrum half is a problem, hooker not so much. I`m hoping he doesn`t pick vunipola too."

I don`t necessarily think Farrell should be there based on form, but would be very very surprised if he is left out altogether. Experience and kicking ability certainly go in his favour. As you say, it`ll be such a physical tour that I can`t see the three (assuming 3 anyway!) stand offs that are picked all still being fit by the first test, never mind the end of the tour.

Personally, I don`t think I would take either Vunipola. Reckon Faletau is nailed on to start at 8. Would rather see Sam Simmonds included than Billy Vunipola.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Wed 5 May 13:25

I read a wee bit yesterday that Cameron Redpath might get picked as one of the bolters ... this from Aunty :-

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/rugby-union/56964629

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: wee eck  
Date:   Thu 6 May 13:02

8 Scots included!

Hogg Russell Harris Price Van der Merwe
Sutherland Z Fagerson Watson

[IP address logged]
Date:   Thu 6 May 13:06

Backs: Josh Adams, Bundee Aki, Dan Biggar, Elliot Daly, Gareth Davies, Owen Farrell, Chris Harris, Robbie Henshaw, Stuart Hogg, Conor Murray, Ali Price, Louis Rees-Zammit, Finn Russell, Duhan van der Merwe, Anthony Watson, Liam Williams.

Forwards: Tadhg Beirne, Jack Conan, Luke Cowan Dickie, Tom Curry, Zander Fagerson, Taulupe Faletau, Tadhg Furlong, Jamie George, Iain Henderson, Jonny Hill, Maro Itoje, Alun Wyn Jones, Wyn Jones, Courtney Lawes, Ken Owens, Andrew Porter, Sam Simmonds, Rory Sutherland, Justin Tipuric, Mako Vunipola, Hamish Watson.

11 from England, 10 from Wales and 8 each from Ireland and Scotland.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Thu 6 May 13:27

Strong side and a few notable omissions. Couple of them there on name not current form. All I'm all I'm happy with the 8 Scots. Redpath (if fit)and Gray could have added a bit though. Looking forward to the tests.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Thu 6 May 14:06

"Strong side and a few notable omissions. Couple of them there on name not current form. All I`m all I`m happy with the 8 Scots. Redpath (if fit)and Gray could have added a bit though. Looking forward to the tests."

I would`ve had Jonny Gray in ahead of Jonny Hill; but would`ve had James Ryan ahead of both of them. Plenty flexibility in the pack with three or four that can play in the second row or back row.

Think Kyle Sinckler could feel aggrieved that he isn`t in ahead of Mako. Surprised to see Bundee Aki in ahead of Jonathan Davies and Garry Ringrose too.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Thu 6 May 14:46

No Sexton ???

[IP address logged]
Date:   Thu 6 May 21:06

Quote:

Buspasspar, Thu 6 May 14:46

No Sexton ???

Too many injuries recently possibly.
He's no spring chicken remember.
I thought Ringrose stood a chance of a call up too... But obviously not.

Admin
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: back oh the net  
Date:   Fri 7 May 06:16

Quote:

Buspasspar, Thu 06 May 14:46

No Sexton ???

Couple of hard hits against the bok and sexton will crumple like wet cardboard

Come on ye pars ⚽️
[IP address logged]
Date:   Fri 7 May 08:24

Aye to be fair he is getting on a bit and can be too brave for his own good He has been targeted in games and has taken some big hits ...

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: LMCK67  
Date:   Fri 7 May 09:38

Gatland said in an interview after Sexton missed out due to being injury prone. He has been rested every other week recently and that played a part in their decision making.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Fri 7 May 10:35

Reading the comments and analysis since the squad was announced it`s clear that physicality was a huge consideration in making the selection.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: RhinoPars  
Date:   Tue 11 May 13:20

Quote:

wee eck, Fri 07 May 10:35

Reading the comments and analysis since the squad was announced it`s clear that physicality was a huge consideration in making the selection.

Sensible approach considering opponents are the Springboks. Watched a behind the scenes series covering the Sprinboks preparation for and then World Cup campaign which clearly showed seeking physical domination played a part in their win.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Wed 12 May 16:28

From Aunty :-

The British and Irish Lions` warm-up Test against Japan will be shown on Channel 4 as live coverage of the team returns to terrestrial television for the first time since 1993.

As well as the match at Murrayfield on 26 June, Channel 4 will also show highlights of all three Tests against world champions South Africa.

Lions managing director Ben Calveley said he was delighted at the news.

The Japan fixture will be the Lions` first home game since 2005.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Wedge  
Date:   Sun 23 May 00:05

Really looking forward to the tour. Good Scottish contingent for a change and should be a close affair. RSA are so untested with no games played makes it very unpredictable

[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 26 Jun 14:40

First game finally upon us - 3pm kick off against Japan.

Hard to see Japan posing many problems, but good to have something to watch in the afternoon in the absence of Euros games!

Post Edited (Sat 26 Jun 14:41)
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: londonparsfan  
Date:   Sat 26 Jun 14:51

Shambles getting a beer!
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 26 Jun 18:48

AW Jones has dislocated his shoulder and won`t be travelling to SA with the main party. They reckon he wouldn`t be fit until the first Test. Justin Tipuric is also doubtful after suffering an injury today .

[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 26 Jun 23:04

Jones and Tipuric are now out of the tour and are replaced by Adam Beard and Josh Navidi. Connor Murray takes over as captain. That`s been an expensive friendly match.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: P  
Date:   Sun 27 Jun 09:25

Quote:

londonparsfan, Sat 26 Jun 14:51

Shambles getting a beer!

One thing the SRU are good at is selling drink usually so the amateurish mess that was yesterday was a proper surprise.

Japan were a really poor choice of opponents too, why didn’t they get a more physical opponent to set up the tour.

Tick in the box seeing the lions play but tbh the whole thing was an expensive waste of time for the fans

[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 27 Jun 11:37

"Jones and Tipuric are now out of the tour and are replaced by Adam Beard and Josh Navidi. Connor Murray takes over as captain. That`s been an expensive friendly match."

It sure has wee eck really gutted for the 2 of them

[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 3 Jul 22:12

Extended highlights on S4C at 10.30 pm . Scots Boys played blinders according to the guardian

[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 3 Jul 22:25

Quote:

shrek par, Sat 3 Jul 22:12

Extended highlights on S4C at 10.30 pm . Scots Boys played blinders according to the guardian

Aye, Watson and Harris were particularly good!
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: ZiggyB  
Date:   Thu 8 Jul 09:12

Yet another good display for the Scottish lads last night against the Sharks but I wonder how many will be in the squad for the first test and if there even will be one if the virus takes more of a hold. Think Martin Hannan was probably right now maybe should have held off for another year.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Thu 8 Jul 09:12

Another 3 tries for Adams ZiggyB

[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 11 Jul 08:25

Gutted for the Laddie :-

Fly-half Finn Russell may be forced home from the British and Irish Lions tour of South Africa with an Achilles tear, says head coach Warren Gatland.

The Scotland international, 28, will be unavailable until the start of the three-Test series on 24 July at best.

"If he makes good progress we`ll assess him going forward. If he`s not, then there`s a possibility he may go home," said Gatland.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Thu 15 Jul 09:54

One more warm up game this Saturday before the first test on the 24th.

The game last night was tough, but by far the best preparation for what they will face against the Springboks. Hopefully the lions have a bit more in the tank than what they managed to show last night.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: PARrot  
Date:   Fri 16 Jul 01:53

Enjoy the Scots contribution because there is nothing coming through from the under 20s. How crap are they?

[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 17 Jul 09:02

Because they're going down the route of picking big lads then teaching them how to play rugby. The regional selection for FOSROC makes no sense. There are guys who play good intelligent flair rugby being overlooked because of their size. They're reaping what they have sown.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: dave67  
Date:   Sat 17 Jul 18:05

Decent game today. So far

Let`s try making it till Christmas
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 18 Jul 08:16

There are a lot of marginal calls going into the first test next week, but I'm not sure we will see a single Scot in the starting lineup. You could make a decent case for most of them (maybe barring Fagerson?) starting, but think it'll be bench at best.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 18 Jul 08:31

Just saw Matt Dawsons team Jj and not one Scot I would have bet money on Hamish Watson starting

[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 18 Jul 22:15

Quote:

Buspasspar, Sun 18 Jul 08:31

Just saw Matt Dawsons team Jj and not one Scot I would have bet money on Hamish Watson starting

Yeh, saw his selection earlier on. Don't really agree with him.

At the start of the tournament, I thought Gatland would quite possibly go with Curry at 6 and Watson at 7, but now think Watson might be on the bench with Curry starting at 7.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Mon 19 Jul 14:02

Richard Cockerill has left his role as Head Coach of Edinburgh Rugby `by mutual consent`. He still had two years left on his contract.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Mon 19 Jul 14:19

Wonder where hes off to? Put a lot of fighting spirit in thst team

[IP address logged]
Date:   Mon 19 Jul 15:17

Scotland Job :)

[IP address logged]
Date:   Mon 19 Jul 18:38

Would be a good appointment, but alas the lapdog is still there.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Mon 19 Jul 18:49

Toonie going back to Glasgow?

Admin
[IP address logged]
Date:   Mon 19 Jul 20:18

In case of interest to anyone Murrayfield are doing events for the test matches;

“As Lions fans are unable to travel to South Africa for the upcoming test matches, we have decided to bring the games to you!

For only £30pp, you and your friends will be able to watch the test matches at BT Murrayfield from the comfort of our exclusive hospitality suite. You will be treated to an excellent fine dining menu created by our Executive Chef and enjoy a full viewing of the matches on multiple TV screens throughout the suite.

We have all three test match dates for you to choose from so give us a call now on 0131 346 5250 or email us on enquiries@murrayfieldexperience.com to secure your place!”

[IP address logged]
Date:   Mon 19 Jul 20:47

Hi P ... I know i`m not the sharpest but I have looked at the web site to try and book but can find no mention of the Lions games ?? .. maybe just me :(

[IP address logged]
Date:   Mon 19 Jul 21:42

Ill support them more when they give the grassroots clubs more than crumbs from the table....they signed a deal worth a third of a billion yet offered clubs a grand per quarter covid money and access to restart grants of up to 7500....how dodson sleeps at night i don"t know. Don"t even start on Super 6

[IP address logged]
Date:   Tue 20 Jul 08:50

Quote:

Buspasspar, Mon 19 Jul 20:47

Hi P ... I know i`m not the sharpest but I have looked at the web site to try and book but can find no mention of the Lions games ?? .. maybe just me :(

My mate shared it from the Facebook page ‘Scottish Rugby Hospitality’ which seems to be the SRU hospitality page. All looks legit.

I’ve emailed enquiries@murrayfieldexperience.com to see if my wee boy can go

[IP address logged]
Date:   Tue 20 Jul 11:42

Closing in on the team announcement for the first test. FWIW, I'd go with the following:

15 - Hogg
14 - A Watson
13 - Harris
12 - Aki
11 - Williams

10 - Biggar
9 - Murray

1 - Sutherland
2 - Cowan-Dickie
3 - Furlong
4 - Itoje
5 - Henderson
6 - Lawes
7 - H Watson
8 - Curry

Can't see that being what Gatland goes with though. Think Faletau, Vunipola/Wyn Jones and Farrell might come in to that team. I would have AWJ in there, but no idea if he is really ready!
[IP address logged]
Date:   Tue 20 Jul 19:36

"Expected Lions team: Stuart Hogg; Anthony Watson, Elliot Daly, Robbie Henshaw, Duhan van der Merwe; Dan Biggar, Ali Price; Wyn Jones, Luke Cowan-Dickie, Tadhg Furlong, Alun Wyn Jones (c), Maro Itoje, Courtney Lawes, Tom Curry, Jack Conan.

Replacements: Ken Owens, Rory Sutherland, Kyle Sinckler, Tadhg Beirne, Hamish Watson, Iain Henderson, Conor Murray, Owen Farrell"[/I]

'Leaked' lineup from The Times! 5 Scots in the 23 is excellent and well deserved. Harris unlucky to miss out as well.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Tue 20 Jul 19:43

If that is the team Jj then gutted for Harris who has been superb .. Also Liam Williams .. is he injured ?

[IP address logged]
Date:   Tue 20 Jul 19:53

Quote:

Buspasspar, Tue 20 Jul 19:43

If that is the team Jj then gutted for Harris who has been superb .. Also Liam Williams .. is he injured ?

Aye, Harris has been excellent. Unfortunately for him, so has Daly. Daly's versatility gives Gatland the option to only have two backs on the bench, which is a big plus for him over Harris.

I expected Liam Williams to be involved, but I do think he went off injured in the last game he played. Hadn't heard any more about it, so assumed he was fit again.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Tue 20 Jul 20:24

Isn`t only having two backs amongst the replacements a bit of a gamble considering changes can be needed for injuries as well as to freshen up the pack or for tactical reasons?

[IP address logged]
Date:   Tue 20 Jul 21:19

wee eck with the greatest respect I don`t think the backs would want to go anywhere near the pack to freshen them up .. :-))

[IP address logged]
Date:   Tue 20 Jul 21:57

Not sure if we`re on the same page, Bpp. All I`m saying is, what happens if more than two backs get injured? It`s hardly unheard of.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Tue 20 Jul 22:43

Quote:

wee eck, Tue 20 Jul 21:57

Not sure if we`re on the same page, Bpp. All I`m saying is, what happens if more than two backs get injured? It`s hardly unheard of.

Playing against the Springboks tends to be a highly attritional game with their big physical pack putting the forwards under pressure throughout. A lot of kicking and a lot of set pieces. For that reason it was always likely that Gatland would go with a 6/2 split. Of course there is a risk that two backs get injured in the first half, but probably a perception that one of the back row forwards playing as a back for 20 minutes might be less of a negative than a winger or centre playing at flanker.

When it was 7 on the bench, it was quite common for the split to be 5/2, so no real difference from a backs point of view. Just a greater imbalance now I guess!

Post Edited (Tue 20 Jul 22:44)
[IP address logged]
Date:   Wed 21 Jul 13:05

Only change from the team and replacements per Jjonjord`s post at 19:36 last night is that Liam Williams is on the bench instead of Ian Henderson so there are three backs on the bench! Do you think Gatland reads this forum?😊😊😊

[IP address logged]
Date:   Wed 21 Jul 14:21

Thank goodness wee eck ye`ll be happy now :-)

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Raymie the Legend  
Date:   Wed 21 Jul 23:23

Was in New Zealand four years ago. Great experience.
Not quite the same without the fans

It`s bloody tough being a legend
Ron Atkinson - 1983
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: the saline hill puma  
Date:   Thu 22 Jul 08:19

Quote:

Raymie the Legend, Wed 21 Jul 23:23

Was in New Zealand four years ago. Great experience.
Not quite the same without the fans

Its pointless without fans.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Fri 23 Jul 08:23

The latest development is that, because of Covid restrictions, they haven`t been able to fly in the appointed TMO from NZ or a replacement, so a South African has been appointed to officiate at all three Tests. Gatland is not impressed.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Fri 23 Jul 08:29

It will be fine wee eck ... I`ve heard he`s a Jonker

[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 24 Jul 18:22

SA by far the better team
In the first test, amazing the Lions remain in touch but the tourists really need to really up their game to get anything today

[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 24 Jul 18:59

An unexpected win 😬

[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 24 Jul 19:29

How did the scottish contingent do?

Admin
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 24 Jul 20:07

I thought it was a bit disjointed and Hamish was lucky not to be sent off when he came on tbh - but they were there on the pitch which is movement on recent tours so happy days.

Interesting choices for the next test after a win. If we lost I reckon Garland would have had a team of Welsh and English players with a scattering of Scots and Irish as today looked pretty diverse and I’m not convinced they gelled (how much of that is down to coaching choices is beyond my knowledge level)

Post Edited (Sat 24 Jul 20:13)
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 24 Jul 20:33

"How did the scottish contingent do?"

Price was good
Courtney Laws man of the match by miles
Itoje lucky to escape a penalty near the Lions line
A.W.J. is a human dynamo
We kicked 40/60 penalties when touch was easier
We kicked to touch when we should have kicked 60/40 penalties although one did result in a crucial try
Deserved the win but S.A. short on games so expect a huge effort from them next game
Hogg was ok as well
Sutherland struggled a wee bit
The scrum tightened up when Sinky and Vunny came on
Does Hamish Watson ever go backwards ?

Agree with P on his post as well

[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 24 Jul 20:46

Great thing is the next two tests are live no matter what as third will be a decider or a clean sweep.

That said there were 2 hits in the first 20 minutes by SA on the Lions that I felt winded watching never mind experiencing and SA will come back harder and faster in the next test so that will be interesting to see 😬

[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 25 Jul 00:04

Just watched the highlights. Some crunching tackles there. If the saffers sort out the discipline it"ll be a tough shift next week. From what little I saw of the truncated highlights Laws looked mustard as did du toit.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Tue 27 Jul 22:01

Teams for the 2nd Test:-

British & Irish Lions: Hogg; A Watson, Harris, Henshaw, Van der Merwe; Biggar, Murray; Vunipola, Cowan-Dickie, Furlong, Itoje, AW Jones, Lawes, Curry, Conan.

Replacements: Owens, Sutherland, Sinckler, Beirne, Faletau, Price, Farrell, Daly.

South Africa: Le Roux; Kolbe, Am, De Allende, Mapimpi; Pollard, De Klerk; Kitshoff, Mbonambi, Malherbe, Etzebeth, Mostert, Kolisi, Du Toit, Wiese

Replacements: Marx, Nyakane, Koch, De Jager, Van Staden, Smith, H Jantjies, Willemse.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Wed 28 Jul 08:27

No Hamish Watson or Liam Williams in the 23

[IP address logged]
Date:   Thu 29 Jul 15:51

The SA coach, Rassie Erasmus, has now issued a 62-minute video monologue independent of SA Rugby complaining about the refereeing in the first Test

[IP address logged]
Date:   Thu 29 Jul 16:27

Saw that wee eck.. mind games .. or lost the plot ?
I think Jonker as TMO has probably worked against them

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: ipswichpar  
Date:   Thu 29 Jul 19:04

Quote:

wee eck, Thu 29 Jul 15:51

The SA coach, Rassie Erasmus, has now issued a 62-minute video monologue independent of SA Rugby complaining about the refereeing in the first Test

For an extra 18 minutes he could have commented on the performance as it happened!
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 31 Jul 18:03

Very impressive first half from the Lions this week. Massive difference with Harris at 13 instead of Daly.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 31 Jul 19:07

... and a very poor second half showing.

1-1 in the series is probably about right.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 31 Jul 19:26

It seemed like Erasmus`s ploy of issuing a video about last week`s decisions worked. So much time was spent reviewing TMO decisions that the first half lasted over an hour!

[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 1 Aug 12:12

Might not be any Scotish players in the next starting fifteen.

Amazing how one half makes so much difference.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 1 Aug 16:39

I think Ali Price will be in ipswichpar but no Hogg or Van de Merwe for me

[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 1 Aug 17:01

Peter Wright on Radio Scotland reckoned Finn Russell should be part of the matchday squad for a `must win` game like the third Test.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 1 Aug 23:24

The latest controversy:-

`British and Irish Lions prop Kyle Sinckler has been cited for an alleged bite during Saturday`s second Test defeat by South Africa, World Rugby has announced.

The incident is alleged to have taken place during a ruck in the 64th minute of the 27-9 loss at Cape Town Stadium.

Sinckler, 28, could face a minimum 12-week ban if the citing is upheld at a disciplinary hearing on Tuesday.

Lions full-back Stuart Hogg earlier "categorically denied" biting Willie le Roux after allegations "surfaced online".

The Scot said he was "annoyed and upset by this unsubstantiated accusation".`

[IP address logged]
Date:   Mon 2 Aug 09:22

During the 2019 Six Nations Championship, Sinckler was referred to by Wales head coach Warren Gatland as an "emotional timebomb", because of some incidents that had occurred during his stint in the 2017 tour to New Zealand with the British & Irish Lions

[IP address logged]
Date:   Mon 2 Aug 10:51

There was a reason he wasn't selected in the initial squad...
[IP address logged]
Date:   Mon 2 Aug 20:40

From Aunty :-

South Africa director of rugby Rassie Erasmus will face a misconduct hearing after his criticism of the match officials following their first-Test defeat by the British and Irish Lions.

World Rugby said the "extensive and direct nature" of Erasmus` hour-long video monologue is a potential breach of the Code of Conduct.

In a statement, it called officials the "backbone" of the sport.

"Without them there is no game," it said.

"World Rugby condemns any public criticism of their selection, performance or integrity which undermines their role, the well-established and trust-based coach-officials feedback process, and more importantly, the values that are at the heart of the sport."

[IP address logged]
Date:   Tue 3 Aug 15:43

A citing against British and Irish Lions prop Kyle Sinckler for an alleged bite in the second Test against South Africa has been dismissed, say World Rugby.

The incident is alleged to have taken place during a ruck in the 64th minute of the 27-9 loss at Cape Town Stadium.

Sinckler, 28, denied he had committed the offence and has been cleared of any foul play after an investigation.

He is free to play in Saturday`s final Test after being named on the bench.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Tue 3 Aug 16:10

Teams for the third Test :-

British and Irish Lions: Williams; Adams, Henshaw, Aki, Van der Merwe; Biggar, Price; Jones, Owens, Furlong, Itoje, A Wyn Jones (c), Lawes, Curry, Conan

Replacements: Cowan-Dickie, Vunipola, Sinckler, Beard, Simmonds, Murray, Russell, Daly

South Africa: Le Roux; Kolbe, Am, De Allende, Mapimpi; Pollard, Reinach; Kitshoff, Mbonambi, Malherbe, Etzebeth, De Jager, Kolisi (c), Mostert, Wiese

Replacements: Marx, Nyakane, Koch, Van Staden, Smith, Jantjies, Steyn, Willemse

Not much of a Scottish representation in the final 23!

[IP address logged]
Date:   Tue 3 Aug 16:26

More than I feared!
[IP address logged]
Date:   Tue 3 Aug 20:54

I`m not getting the Van Der Merwe selection again .. Looks a bit out his depth and his defence is not so good

[IP address logged]
Date:   Tue 3 Aug 22:46

He`s BIG though.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Tue 3 Aug 22:48

And he knows where the try line is.

Admin
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 7 Aug 09:27

Well this is it .. the decider .. expecting a brutal contest today .. Really looking forward to the game .. Will have to slow down on the beer first half tho .. was in bed at 7.30 last week :-)

[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 7 Aug 17:19

Finn is on - it’s going to be entertaining no matter what now

[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 7 Aug 18:03

Playing well and Finn has made a difference .. we have passed up two great chances to increase the lead .. Keep it going boys

[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 7 Aug 19:15

What a game !!

[IP address logged]
 Top of Board  |  Forum List  |  Threaded View   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 

Rows: 0
 Forum List  |  Need a Login? Register Here 
 User Login
 User Name:
 Password:
 Remember my login:

Forgot Your Password?
Enter your email address or user name below and a new password will be sent to the email address associated with your profile.
Security : type 'pars' in the box:
email:
© 2021-- DAFC.net