DAFC.net
Home 29 March 2024 
 Post Message  |  Top of Board  |  Search  |  Log In   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 
[ please login to use the Like feature ]
 Geronimo
Topic Originator: Buspasspar  
Date:   Fri 6 Aug 18:15

No not the Apache`s fearless leader ... but a black alpaca condemned to die

The owner of a condemned alpaca has urged the environment secretary not to allow the death of "a healthy animal in front of the whole world".

Geronimo was condemned to death by a High Court judge after twice testing positive for bovine tuberculosis (bTB).

Owner Helen Macdonald disputes the results but Environment Secretary George Eustice said a "highly specific and reliable test" was used.

More than 80,000 have signed a petition asking the prime minister to step in.
The 50-year-old veterinary nurse, who breeds the species at her farm in Wickwar, south Gloucestershire, has been locked in a legal battle with the Department for Environment, Food and Rural Affairs (Defra) since 2017.

She has repeatedly appealed to Prime Minister Boris Johnson and Mr Eustice to halt the destruction order, which she claims was based on inaccurate testing.

Now then .. the only danger this poor animal can pass on this bTB on is by rubbing noses with it .. snogging it .. or having some sort of sexual contact with it

Come on Boris the Brave Geronimo is waiting xx :-)

We are forever shaped by the Children we once were
[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: Geronimo
Topic Originator: parak obama  
Date:   Fri 6 Aug 18:25

Quote:

Buspasspar, Fri 6 Aug 18:15

Now then .. the only danger this poor animal can pass on this bTB on is by rubbing noses with it .. snogging it .. or having some sort of sexual contact with it

Come on Boris the Brave Geronimo is waiting xx :-)

I didn't think they were making anymore Black Mirror episodes

[IMG]https://share2.co.uk/f/1152_471_P300411_16.49_[02].jpg[/IMG]
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: red-star-par  
Date:   Sat 7 Aug 10:08

If its got bovine tuberculosis, kill it. Waste of time getting the PM involved just put it down, it's not worth the risk
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: sadindiefreak  
Date:   Sat 7 Aug 11:39

Quote:

red-star-par, Sat 7 Aug 10:08

If its got bovine tuberculosis, kill it. Waste of time getting the PM involved just put it down, it's not worth the risk

Yeah, I had a look at how it is transmitted cause the methods in the op seemed strange.
It can be transmitted to humans by coughing and sneezing.
When they start lying about the risks they have shown they can not be trusted so how can they be trusted to take precautions to keep this contained.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Wotsit  
Date:   Sat 7 Aug 12:50

It must be difficult to lose a cherished pet to disease, but surely now, of all times, we should be sensitive to the public health impact of what we do?

"Who you are and what you feel comes not just from inside you, but from where you are in the power structure"
[IP address logged]
Date:   Mon 9 Aug 15:19

From Aunty :-

Boris Johnson`s father has called on the Government to intervene to save Geronimo the alpaca from being put down.

Stanley Johnson waded into the row over the doomed alpaca, which is due to be euthanised after testing positive twice for bovine tuberculosis.

Geronimo`s owner Helen Macdonald believes the tests are false positives but she has been refused permission to have him tested again.

Protesters are due to march on Whitehall on Monday afternoon to call for the alpaca to be saved.

Mr Johnson, who is campaigner on wildlife issues, said he hoped campaigners would "block the men from Defra from carrying out their absurd murderous errand".

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: DBP  
Date:   Mon 9 Aug 16:22

Would have thought there are more important issues to match over
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: jake89  
Date:   Mon 9 Aug 18:41

I don't wish this to sound crass, but why are people in a flap about this? If it was a cow nobody would bat an eyelid.
[IP address logged]
-
Topic Originator: DBP  
Date:   Mon 9 Aug 19:12

Exactly, "I'm an animal lover", puts birds, fish and bits of cows / pigs / etc in their oven

Reminds me of the Denis Leary joke from a few years back with folk saying to him,
"don't eat the tuna, dolphins are getting caught in the nets "

Response, "what about the tuna?!?"
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: aaaaaaaaaargh  
Date:   Mon 9 Aug 22:42

To be honest, I have no idea what all the fuss is about.
All this time and effort being wasted on keeping him alive.
I mean, I know he is Prime Minister and everything, but I`m sure they will quickly find a replacement.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Tue 31 Aug 16:52

Geronimo has ceased to exist .. From Aunty :-

An alpaca at the centre of a legal row with the government has been killed.
Geronimo twice tested positive for bovine tuberculosis, and the Department of Food, Environment and Rural Affairs (Defra) ordered him to be euthanised.

[IP address logged]
 Top of Board  |  Forum List  |  Threaded View   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 

Rows: 0
 Forum List  |  Need a Login? Register Here 
 User Login
 User Name:
 Password:
 Remember my login:

Forgot Your Password?
Enter your email address or user name below and a new password will be sent to the email address associated with your profile.
Security : type 'pars' in the box:
email:
© 2021-- DAFC.net