DAFC.net
Home 19 April 2024 
 Post Message  |  Top of Board  |  Search  |  Log In   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 
[ please login to use the Like feature ]
 Small claims court experiences
Topic Originator: adampar1  
Date:   Wed 8 Sep 21:35

We had some work done in our house last year and it’s become clear that the standard of work done has been very poor with us now needing to get the whole thing done again.

Seriously thinking about taking the guy to the small claims court to see if we can recoup some of the c£5k costs.

We have photos which I think would make it clearly clear that the standard of workmanship was shoddy to say the least.

Has anyone had any experience of going down the court route?

I’d rather resolve it amicably but the tradesman seems to be just ignoring us!

[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: Small claims court experiences
Topic Originator: LochgellyAlbert  
Date:   Thu 9 Sep 11:30

Took Capital One to small claims court a few years back, claiming back charges on a credit card.

They sent some top solicitors from Glasgow to defend, initial hearing and my knees were knocking, judge listened to both sides of argument and put case back to a future date.

I did some studying into the argument they put up and put some new points directly to them.
They settled out of court, lump sum plus interest, victory!!

Try to investigate previous cases that are like yours, the law advocate service in Edinburgh were a great help lots of reading to be done!
[IP address logged]
 Re: Small claims court experiences
Topic Originator: dover par  
Date:   Thu 9 Sep 20:35

All very well being awarded a sum of money by the court but it can still be a bit of a journey to actually get them to pay up!

"Pressure is something you feel when you don't know what the hell you're doing."
[IP address logged]
 Top of Board  |  Forum List  |  Threaded View   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 

Rows: 0
 Forum List  |  Need a Login? Register Here 
 User Login
 User Name:
 Password:
 Remember my login:

Forgot Your Password?
Enter your email address or user name below and a new password will be sent to the email address associated with your profile.
Security : type 'pars' in the box:
email:
© 2021-- DAFC.net