DAFC.net
Home 17 September 2021 
 Post Message  |  Top of Board  |  Go to Topic  |  Search  |  Twitter Updates  |  Log In   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 
[ please login to use the Like feature ]
 Prince Andrew
Topic Originator: Berry  
Date:   Fri 10 Sep 21:27

Been very quiet but has now beeen served with legal papers for a sexual assault lawsuit.
[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: Prince Andrew
Topic Originator: veteraneastender  
Date:   Sun 12 Sep 11:31

There`s suggestions in the media that he may try to invoke Diplomatic Immunity to avoid going to the USA.

We could always offer him to the Americans in exchange for Anne Sacoolas - so she can come to the UK to answer for Harry Dunn`s death.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: LochgellyAlbert  
Date:   Sun 12 Sep 12:01

I don't think legal papers can be issued on Royal property, hence the reason he's living up at Balmoral.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: DBP  
Date:   Sun 12 Sep 12:06

That can’t be correct… as that would suggest they’re above the law?
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: The One Who Knocks  
Date:   Sun 12 Sep 12:21

Isn`t this currently a civil law suit so it wouldn`t have the same weight behind it as a criminal one? I dunno.
The Queen or sovereign cannot be arrested for any reason however members of the Royal family can be unless they are in the presence of the Queen or within the boundaries of Royal residence.

We all hate poverty, war, and injustice.
Unlike the rest of you squares.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Parboiled  
Date:   Sun 12 Sep 12:39

Things must have changed since the days of Charles the First!

[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 12 Sep 12:46

Interestingly enough we could potentially have a situation where Prince Charles could kill his mother, and be guilty of murder, and yet at that moment would become King and be immune from prosecution.
Having said that the royals do a tremendous job and we mustn`t knock them.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: sadindiefreak  
Date:   Sun 12 Sep 15:01

Quote:

veteraneastender, Sun 12 Sep 11:31

There`s suggestions in the media that he may try to invoke Diplomatic Immunity to avoid going to the USA.

We could always offer him to the Americans in exchange for Anne Sacoolas - so she can come to the UK to answer for Harry Dunn`s death.

Not going to happen.
If it did we would need to find out the role her husband pass playing in the UK.
The UK government are not permitted to spy on their own citizens without a court order.
Same goes for the US on their citizens.
To get round this American spy's gather information on British citizens and our spy's do the same for the yanks.
They then exchange the information and so avoid law breaking on a technicality.
The UK Government can not risk it coming out that this is common practice.
This has been going on since before I joined the RAF in 1990 and everyone in the RAF knows it goes on.
I was OK with it as I was of the thinking "if you are not doing anything wrong you have nothing to worry about."
I changed my mind on this when Dr David Kelly was murdered by MI5.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 12 Sep 15:21

So the MI5 wouldn`t risk spying on thier own citizens without a court order but would risk killing an extremely high profile citizen?

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Grant  
Date:   Sun 12 Sep 17:12

Quote:

The One Who Knocks, Sun 12 Sep 15:21

So the MI5 wouldn`t risk spying on thier own citizens without a court order but would risk killing an extremely high profile citizen?

If we're talking dodgy deaths then Willie McRae must be up there.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 12 Sep 20:16

Quote:

The One Who Knocks, Sun 12 Sep 15:21

I'm pretty sure they do spy on their own citizens as well without a court order.
Perhaps the Americans deal with the ones where a court order is turned down.

From information I was told by another guy who was in the RAF with me and was in a position to know some things MI5 were up to I am certain Dr Kelly was murdered by them.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: desparado  
Date:   Mon 13 Sep 14:24

Topic Originator: The One Who Knocks like | nolike
Date: Sun 12 Sep 12:46

Interestingly enough we could potentially have a situation where Prince Charles could kill his mother, and be guilty of murder, and yet at that moment would become King and be immune from prosecution.
Having said that the royals do a tremendous job and we mustn`t knock them.

Aye they do a tremendous job of hiding their cash in tax havens.....that`s about it...

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: ParfectXI  
Date:   Mon 13 Sep 17:09

It’s a pity the Queen couldn’t get done for harbouring a criminal. You’d soon see Andy told he has no place at Balmoral! Awful family!

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: QPR_Par  
Date:   Mon 13 Sep 23:31

I read today that his lawyers are arguing that the papers weren’t served correctly and the US courts have no jurisdiction.

They may have a case for the London accusation but are surely on thin ice for the others.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Wotsit  
Date:   Tue 14 Sep 08:11

This can all be fixed by removing the unfair legal privileges enjoyed by this one family of inbred scroungers.

Why are they allowed to flaunt the law? There's no need for them to be allowed such legal privileges.

"Who you are and what you feel comes not just from inside you, but from where you are in the power structure"
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: jake89  
Date:   Tue 14 Sep 08:15

But they're royals. Surely they're above the law?
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Wotsit  
Date:   Tue 14 Sep 11:40

Does that mean that we have to storm the palaces to get justice? Because I`m totally up for it if we do.

"Who you are and what you feel comes not just from inside you, but from where you are in the power structure"
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: veteraneastender  
Date:   Tue 14 Sep 17:09

Quote:

QPR_Par, Mon 13 Sep 23:31

I read today that his lawyers are arguing that the papers weren’t served correctly and the US courts have no jurisdiction.

They may have a case for the London accusation but are surely on thin ice for the others.

The London accusations have always puzzled me - the alleged recipient of his attentions was 17.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Tue 14 Sep 17:17

Quote:

veteraneastender, Tue 14 Sep 17:09

Quote:

The London accusations have always puzzled me - the alleged recipient of his attentions was 17.

Transported from US with express intention of being sold for sex. Breaks International trafficking laws also the fact he allegedly performed acts she did not consent to.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: jake89  
Date:   Tue 14 Sep 18:51

Quote:

sadindiefreak, Tue 14 Sep 17:17

Quote:

veteraneastender, Tue 14 Sep 17:09

Quote:

Transported from US with express intention of being sold for sex. Breaks International trafficking laws also the fact he allegedly performed acts she did not consent to.

Plus I think the other charges relate to island activities, where the age of consent was/is 18.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Stanza  
Date:   Wed 15 Sep 23:41

The High Court has now agreed to serve the Prince with the papers, under the Hague Service Convention. So time is running out and his lawyers will soon have to decide the response to the action.

Note this is a civil case, not a criminal one, so there is no extradition.

Support Dunfermline Athletic Disabled Supporters` Club (it will cost you nothing) when you shop online with one of 4000 retailers and insurance firms etc
http://www.easyfundraising.org.uk/causes/dadsc
[IP address logged]
 Top of Board  |  Forum List  |  Threaded View   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 

Rows: 0
 Forum List  |  Need a Login? Register Here 
 User Login
 User Name:
 Password:
 Remember my login:

Forgot Your Password?
Enter your email address or user name below and a new password will be sent to the email address associated with your profile.
Security : type 'pars' in the box:
email:
© 2021-- DAFC.net