DAFC.net
Home 22 October 2021 
 Post Message  |  Top of Board  |  Go to Topic  |  Search  |  Twitter Updates  |  Log In   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 
[ please login to use the Like feature ]
 Phone Calls
Topic Originator: Buspasspar  
Date:   Mon 11 Oct 21:13

I get at least one call every day on my mobile .. today was from Bristol .. I don`t know anyone in Bristol .. Manchester,Leeds, Glasgow, Ipswich, I block the number and delete the number everyday .. but they just keep phoning with a new number variant .. How do I stop them ?? .. any advice greatly appreciated

We are forever shaped by the Children we once were
[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: Phone Calls
Topic Originator: parsmad68  
Date:   Tue 12 Oct 06:53

Do as you are doing. It will eventually calm down. I don’t know what benefit these guys get by doing these calls. Maybe somebody else can advise on that one.
It can be quite funny however if your number is being spoofed. I had this Mr Angry guy call me asking why I had called him. At first I was taken aback by how angry he was then I played along for ages before he hung up. I tried to explain I thought it was a spoof of my number but he wouldn’t listen, so I had fun for 15 minutes whilst he was exploding.
Another one I always use for cold callers (real people) that phone trying to sell stuff is to ask them to wait as someone just knocked on the door. Place the phone on the table and get on with your days work. They get the message pretty quick after that. 😀
[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: Phone Calls
Topic Originator: PARrot  
Date:   Tue 12 Oct 08:33

Quote:

parsmad68, Tue 12 Oct 06:53

Do as you are doing. It will eventually calm down. I don’t know what benefit these guys get by doing these calls. Maybe somebody else can advise on that one.
It can be quite funny however if your number is being spoofed. I had this Mr Angry guy call me asking why I had called him. At first I was taken aback by how angry he was then I played along for ages before he hung up. I tried to explain I thought it was a spoof of my number but he wouldn’t listen, so I had fun for 15 minutes whilst he was exploding.
Another one I always use for cold callers (real people) that phone trying to sell stuff is to ask them to wait as someone just knocked on the door. Place the phone on the table and get on with your days work. They get the message pretty quick after that. 😀


I ask them if they know Jesus loves them.
Click.

[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: Phone Calls
Topic Originator: Buspasspar  
Date:   Tue 12 Oct 09:23

Thing is guys I think they are all coming from the same cache of numbers by the same people .. the phone only rings for about 5 seconds then stops .. on the couple off occasions i have tried to answer to give them what for but there is no one there :-(( My blocked call list is well into the hundreds

We are forever shaped by the Children we once were
[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: Phone Calls
Topic Originator: AbuBarrie  
Date:   Tue 12 Oct 11:56

This site gives details of unknown numbers.

https://www.saynoto0870.com

[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: Phone Calls
Topic Originator: Buspasspar  
Date:   Tue 12 Oct 12:39

Cheers AB

We are forever shaped by the Children we once were
[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: Phone Calls
Topic Originator: ipswichpar  
Date:   Tue 12 Oct 14:30

They will only have a finite number of folk connected at their end. I would imagine if you picked up immediately there would be someone there.

There is a fraud called wangiri fraud which used to be used to entice folk to call back into high cost numbers.

I suspect in these cases it is to do with trying to persuade people to provide some personal information and scam money out of them.
[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: Phone Calls
Topic Originator: dover par  
Date:   Tue 12 Oct 19:19

Send a text with the nuisance no. to 7726 on your mobile phone, this goes to your network and they have to investigate.

"Pressure is something you feel when you don't know what the hell you're doing."
[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
-
 Re: Phone Calls
Topic Originator: Buspasspar  
Date:   Tue 12 Oct 19:23

Thanks dover I will do that

We are forever shaped by the Children we once were
[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: Phone Calls
Topic Originator: parsmad68  
Date:   Tue 12 Oct 19:34

Hi Dover does the text cost anything?
[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: Phone Calls
Topic Originator: dover par  
Date:   Wed 13 Oct 12:48

Quote:

parsmad68, Tue 12 Oct 19:34

Hi Dover does the text cost anything?


Not that I’m aware of.

"Pressure is something you feel when you don't know what the hell you're doing."
[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: Phone Calls
Topic Originator: fcda  
Date:   Wed 13 Oct 13:08

Quote:

dover par, Tue 12 Oct 19:19

Send a text with the nuisance no. to 7726 on your mobile phone, this goes to your network and they have to investigate.


Looks like that's for spam texts. Info here: https://www.ofcom.org.uk/phones-telecoms-and-internet/advice-for-consumers/problems/tackling-nuisance-calls-and-messages/spam-texts

Might be some advice about spam calls here: https://www.ofcom.org.uk/phones-telecoms-and-internet/advice-for-consumers/scams
[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Top of Board  |  Forum List  |  Threaded View   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 


Rows: 0
 Forum List  |  Need a Login? Register Here 
 User Login
 User Name:
 Password:
 Remember my login:
   
 Forgot Your Password?
Enter your email address or user name below and a new password will be sent to the email address associated with your profile.
Security : type 'pars' in the box:
email:
© 2021-- DAFC.net