DAFC.net
Home 28 March 2024 
 Post Message  |  Top of Board  |  Search  |  Log In   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 
[ please login to use the Like feature ]
 Faith based child abuse.
Topic Originator: sadindiefreak  
Date:   Tue 2 Nov 10:27

This story has left me very distressed.
Stuff like this is why as an atheist I can't just let people believe the absolute nonsense that is religion . The beliefs they have lead people to do things like this.

https://www.irishtimes.com/news/crime-and-law/parents-guilty-of-horrendous-physical-abuse-of-daughter-9-1.4714466
[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: Faith based child abuse.
Topic Originator: DBP  
Date:   Tue 2 Nov 10:53

There was a similar story over here a few years back was there not?

Anyway, these cases are so few and far between that I don't think you can blame faith, given the number of practicing worshippers.

This couple are clearly disturbed and if it wasn't under a religious banner I'm sure it would have been something else
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: veteraneastender  
Date:   Tue 2 Nov 11:15

What faith did they embrace ?

No mention in the article.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Wotsit  
Date:   Tue 2 Nov 12:56

Children are routinely psychologically abused as a means of indoctrination.

Too gay to be a Christian? Why not stop being a Christian? Or, what about if your parents try to pray the gay away whilst psychologically damaging you.

Are you an Atheist with religious parents? Guess what? That`s right, you get abuse in the name of indoctrination. You might even get called wicked or evil every day.

The forced indoctrination of children was perfectly normal in living memory. Probably still is in some circles.

"Who you are and what you feel comes not just from inside you, but from where you are in the power structure"
[IP address logged]
 Top of Board  |  Forum List  |  Threaded View   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 

Rows: 0
 Forum List  |  Need a Login? Register Here 
 User Login
 User Name:
 Password:
 Remember my login:

Forgot Your Password?
Enter your email address or user name below and a new password will be sent to the email address associated with your profile.
Security : type 'pars' in the box:
email:
© 2021-- DAFC.net