DAFC.net
Home 28 March 2024 
 Post Message  |  Top of Board  |  Search  |  Log In   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 
[ please login to use the Like feature ]
 The Met
Topic Originator: Buspasspar  
Date:   Thu 30 Sep 19:58

Its not good reading or getting any better for Cressida

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-nottinghamshire-58749590

We are forever shaped by the Children we once were
[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: The Met
Topic Originator: veteraneastender  
Date:   Thu 30 Sep 23:20

The Met need a root and branch overhaul.

Just look at the list of botched investigations.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Snevets  
Date:   Fri 1 Oct 15:14

Worrying that they have Stephen House there as no.2 after he basically failed up here by trying to base Police Scotland on the antiquated Strathglasgow style of policing

[IP address logged]
Date:   Fri 1 Oct 15:56

If the Home Secretary were to remove police immunity from prosecution over gross negligence and incompetence - that would concentrate minds at the Met.

Post Edited (Fri 01 Oct 18:38)
[IP address logged]
Date:   Tue 2 Nov 16:31

Dame Cressida does not have her troubles to seek :-

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-london-59133869

Dame Cressida said the two officers would face "an accelerated misconduct process" to decide if they can keep their jobs.............. EH !!!

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: LochgellyAlbert  
Date:   Tue 2 Nov 17:14

She's needing to go BPP!

The constables will be trying to save their pensions.🤔🤬🤬🤬
[IP address logged]
Date:   Tue 2 Nov 17:40

Agree L.A. But where`s Priti ?

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Wotsit  
Date:   Tue 2 Nov 17:57

"an accelerated misconduct process" to decide if they can keep their jobs

Aye, a criminal conviction and custodial sentence for Misconduct in a Public Office isn`t enough apparently.

Just another wee thing to highlight the sort of sick, lopsided, policing system we have in this country.

"Who you are and what you feel comes not just from inside you, but from where you are in the power structure"
[IP address logged]
-
Topic Originator: sammer  
Date:   Tue 2 Nov 21:06

You are assuming that competence is a requirement in high public office. I think you are old enough to know better. The first requirement of any high ranking public official is to have the right background. Cressida Dick’s is pretty impressive as Wiki details:

‘Cressida Dick was born 16 October 1960.[5] She is the third and youngest child of Marcus William Dick (1920–1971),[6] Senior Tutor at Balliol College, Oxford,[7] and Professor of Philosophy at the University of East Anglia,[8] and Cecilia Rachel (1927–1995),[6] a University of Oxford historian, daughter of Wing Commander Denis Alfred Jex Buxton, granddaughter of the banker and politician Alfred Fowell Buxton, and great-granddaughter of Thomas Jex-Blake, headmaster of Rugby School.[9]’

This background is crucial when things go wrong, for the Establishment know she is one of them and will not break rank or go native. She will lie for them if need be and if found out, make the ultimate sacrifice: early retirement.

Cressida Dick is also immune from criticism on a fashionable front. She is a woman (in predominantly a male occupation), has never been glamorous and is also in a same sex relationship. This has no bearing on her competence obviously, but has the advantage that anyone attacking her competence can easily be accused of prejudice.

Being a tainted Head of the Met is also perfect for the Home Secretary. With a long track record of failure- and on that account no one can doubt Cressida Dick’s credentials- she is the perfect lightning conductor for any mishaps on the law and order front. It’s her incompetence that is keeping her in office.

sammer
[IP address logged]
Date:   Wed 3 Nov 17:10

One of the biggest failings in the Met (and other police forces) seems to be that officers who have a high profile screw up get sanctioned for early retirement.

Or those, like DCI Paul Settle, who justifiably embarrass the top brass in public then find their careers stalled despite being very good at their job.

In the latter case it took a lot of courage to say what he did in the circumstances.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Wed 3 Nov 21:11

Deception, gaslighting and lying are fundamental skills for a police officer. They are encouraged to behave in an underhand manner in the name of "protecting the public."

I haven`t felt protected by the police since about 1982, and I was wrong then.

"Who you are and what you feel comes not just from inside you, but from where you are in the power structure"
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: red-star-par  
Date:   Wed 3 Nov 22:00

Quote:

Wotsit, Wed 3 Nov 21:11

Deception, gaslighting and lying are fundamental skills for a police officer. They are encouraged to behave in an underhand manner in the name of "protecting the public."

I haven`t felt protected by the police since about 1982, and I was wrong then.

I would agree with this. I would consider myself to be a decent, law abiding person, but I've never been impressed with the Police in any dealings I have had with them. Some of the people I have known who joined the Police are among the most untrustworthy individuals I know.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: jake89  
Date:   Thu 4 Nov 08:30

I've always found the police to be fairly reasonable. Though the last time I interacted with them it was related to a suspected missing person and I was surprised when the officer didn't understand what I meant when I included what year their car was when describing it. "What do you mean '18 plate'?".
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: DBP  
Date:   Thu 4 Nov 11:36

You mean like "PARS 18"? 🙂

Or were they just double checking as opposed to assuming that you meant the same as they assumed?
[IP address logged]
Date:   Thu 4 Nov 16:03

I'd said "It's an 18 plate black Ford Focus" and she then asked to clarify what I meant by "18 plate". She also queried me when I suggested the neighbour was maybe at Tesco or had taken the dog out somewhere further afield by asking "but is that likely?". She wasn't actually missing per se, she just wasn't in and they were concerned about her whereabouts due to threats from an ex.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Thu 4 Nov 19:23

To be honest, I wouldn't know for sure what numbers would be on an 18 plate...

I'm guessing it's XX18XXX or XX68XXX?
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: ft media  
Date:   Thu 4 Nov 22:11

Would you not say a 68 plate if it was the latter?

[IP address logged]
Date:   Fri 5 Nov 06:58

No idea...

so does that mean when someone says 18 plate, they don't mean the year 2018, they actually mean Q2/Q3 2018?

If someone said they've got an 18 plate to me I would assume they meant the car was registered at some point in the year 2018 and not be talking specifically about a particular in-year registration point

Post Edited (Fri 05 Nov 07:00)
[IP address logged]
Date:   Fri 5 Nov 08:29

What have I started?

I would just mean 18 as in 2018 so it would be any car bearing a plate from that year (18 and 68). That could have been the clarification (18 or 68?).

TBH I got the impression neither of the officers could really be bothered and just wanted to say they'd done something.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Fri 5 Nov 08:58

I think what you've highlighted is one issue with regards to spoken language, ie the receiver can interpret differently or not/mis understand the information the sender is trying to put across.

That means everything, no matter how straight forward and obvious to the sender, should be checked, clarified and confirmed by the receiver, especially in situations like police interviews.

Which in turn may come across as not listening, not really bothered or being a bit slow to the sender?

Post Edited (Fri 05 Nov 09:08)
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: red-star-par  
Date:   Fri 5 Nov 10:13

Sounds like in this case, the police did the right thing by clarifying what was meant.
If they seemed distracted, it was probably because they were thinking about getting some grub from the new Burger King/ how they could fit you up for the missing person/ or what selfies they could take when they found her
[IP address logged]
Date:   Fri 5 Nov 13:44

Does Burger King sell donuts now?

[IP address logged]
Date:   Fri 5 Nov 17:05

This was a while back so no Burger King. The officer didn't understand whatsoever so wasn't clarifying if I meant 18 or 68. She didn't know what I meant and I don't think she cared.

My wife did laugh after I closed the door as she felt I'd given too much detail!

Post Edited (Fri 05 Nov 17:05)
[IP address logged]
Date:   Mon 6 Dec 16:39

breaking from Aunty :-

Two Met officers who took photos of two murdered sisters and shared the images on WhatsApp groups have each been jailed for two years and nine months.
Nicole Smallman and Bibaa Henry were killed in Wembley in June 2020.

PCs Deniz Jaffer and Jamie Lewis were sent to guard the crime scene at Fryent Country Park, but instead left their post to take images of the sisters.

The pair, who previously admitted misconduct in a public office, were sentenced at the Old Bailey.

Ms Henry, 46, and Ms Smallman, 27, had been celebrating Ms Henry`s birthday when they were repeatedly stabbed by Danyal Hussein.

[IP address logged]
 Top of Board  |  Forum List  |  Threaded View   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 

Rows: 0
 Forum List  |  Need a Login? Register Here 
 User Login
 User Name:
 Password:
 Remember my login:

Forgot Your Password?
Enter your email address or user name below and a new password will be sent to the email address associated with your profile.
Security : type 'pars' in the box:
email:
© 2021-- DAFC.net