DAFC.net
Home 28 March 2024 
 Post Message  |  Top of Board  |  Search  |  Log In   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 
[ please login to use the Like feature ]
 New bathroom
Topic Originator: Ronaldo  
Date:   Fri 19 Nov 17:17

We`re looking to give our bathroom a makeover ... any recommendations? Any advice greatly appreciated.

[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: New bathroom
Topic Originator: Playup_Pompey  
Date:   Fri 19 Nov 17:29

see Elaine/Neil at bathroom centre Fife at the dalgety bay Ridge Way industrial state (next to Aldi). Will see you right with top class customer service.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: broontroot  
Date:   Fri 19 Nov 17:45

Casa did ours and couldn't have been happier with the whole thing from start to finish
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: doctordandruff  
Date:   Fri 19 Nov 18:53

B and Q did ours. Avoid at all costs
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: da_no_1  
Date:   Fri 19 Nov 23:22

Kirkcaldy firm JCA Bathrooms. Craig Anderson. Excellent service

"Some days will stay a 1000 years, some pass like the flash of a spark"
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Ronaldo  
Date:   Sat 20 Nov 10:29

Thanks very much for the tips ... will avoid B&Q. :o)

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: jake89  
Date:   Sat 20 Nov 11:35

No idea if he's any good but NRG is hilarious on TikTok. Seems to know his stuff.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Parfect68  
Date:   Sat 20 Nov 12:17

Piper plumbing and heating, lovely lads, helped with planning
[IP address logged]
-
Topic Originator: NikNakPar  
Date:   Sun 21 Nov 18:07

Quote:

jake89, Sat 20 Nov 11:35

No idea if he's any good but NRG is hilarious on TikTok. Seems to know his stuff.

Struggle to find anything funny about him. But agree he does know his stuff and the work he has posted looks decent. Think he's pricey though.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 21 Nov 18:34

I like him but each to their own. Also like the Property Boss and got some respect for Caz Milligan (can see what he's doing). Least favourite is probably Mark Hamilton. I'm sure he's a nice enough guy but he doesn't come across well.

NRG seem pricey but he also seems to do a proper job rather than sticking plastic everywhere to cover whatever crap may be lurking behind.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Berkey  
Date:   Sun 21 Nov 19:27

We bought all the stuff ourselves and got a company to fit it all, saved a lot of money and got exactly what we wanted and not picking from a small selection of stuff from a bathroom company.

Wickes are excellent for tiles and miles cheaper than everyone else, the Everest range was what we got at around £11 a square meter. That’s a huge saving compared to equivalents elsewhere.

Back to being drenched in my own negativity….

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: PARrot  
Date:   Tue 23 Nov 14:11

Quote:

doctordandruff, Fri 19 Nov 18:53

B&Q dont fit bathrooms. They use a number of local tradesmen. If the one you got was bad I hope you gave a report to B&Q.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Tue 23 Nov 16:03

Quote:

PARrot, Tue 23 Nov 14:11

Quote:

doctordandruff, Fri 19 Nov 18:53

B&Q dont fit bathrooms. They use a number of local tradesmen. If the one you got was bad I hope you gave a report to B&Q.

Don't they all do that? Same with buying a new build house - comes down to the local trades rather than the housebuilder. Obviously they could use crap materials though.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: doctordandruff  
Date:   Tue 23 Nov 22:26

Didn't have a problem with the workmanship, they were decent, but the sales team were awful, the designer an utter tool who got the layout wrong. Pipework not sunk into wall as requested, tradesmen doing work in the wrong order as the b and q guy that planned it screwed up. And the quality of the parts is absolute p*sh.

It was actually the fitter that highlighted the sink was wrong as it barely fitted in between the toilet and bath as it was so big. Rather than just swap it, B and Q conducted a 2 day investigation into what went wrong and said it wasn't their fault - but they would let us swap the sink. I think we were supposed to be grateful.

Post Edited (Tue 23 Nov 22:35)
[IP address logged]
 Top of Board  |  Forum List  |  Threaded View   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 

Rows: 0
 Forum List  |  Need a Login? Register Here 
 User Login
 User Name:
 Password:
 Remember my login:

Forgot Your Password?
Enter your email address or user name below and a new password will be sent to the email address associated with your profile.
Security : type 'pars' in the box:
email:
© 2021-- DAFC.net