DAFC.net
Home 28 March 2024 
 Post Message  |  Top of Board  |  Search  |  Log In   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 
[ please login to use the Like feature ]
 Post office scandal.
Topic Originator: twin par  
Date:   Sat 19 Feb 18:31

God only knows what these poor people went through. Absolutely scandalous, that nobody has yet been held accountable for it.People lost their freedom,homes, livelihoods, reputation, and some, their lives.Absolutely horrific.

Post Edited (Sat 19 Feb 18:32)
[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: Post office scandal.
Topic Originator: LochgellyAlbert  
Date:   Sun 20 Feb 12:23

My wife worked in the Post Office for David Sands/COOP during this horrendous period, money vanished into thin air.

Her manager put in £300 of her own money to balance out one evening and my wife "lost" £300 on her balance one evening!

She eventually retired early as the stress was too much for her, the current news is about the owners/franchises but many staff were sacked, resigned over this!
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: jake89  
Date:   Sun 20 Feb 23:21

The disgraceful thing is that it happened many times and they still blamed those working in the post offices.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: DBP  
Date:   Mon 21 Feb 08:26

You would think with the sheer volume of cases and presumably people getting in touch to ask why things weren’t balancing, they would have thought to investigate.

While it may have been the case that they were rife with embezzlers, still would have checked surely?!?!?
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: The One Who Knocks  
Date:   Mon 21 Feb 10:53

Remember many of these people were also fluid guilty in a court of law. Should give us all pause for thought when judging people.

And although my eyes were open
They just might as well be closed
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Wotsit  
Date:   Mon 21 Feb 12:08

Our dear leaders would rather jail dozens of people than accept even the tiniest bit of responsibility for themselves. It might, after all, erode public trust in them (which, as far as I can tell is a euphemism for "find out the truth.")

"Who you are and what you feel comes not just from inside you, but from where you are in the power structure"
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Milos Drizzle  
Date:   Mon 21 Feb 13:21

Quote:

The One Who Knocks, Mon 21 Feb 10:53

Remember many of these people were also fluid guilty in a court of law. Should give us all pause for thought when judging people.

This. We need to remember it is just that… a judgement. And it is scary that the bar is lowered in Civil court.

This is my signature
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: veteraneastender  
Date:   Tue 22 Feb 15:30

Two different types of court.

Comparing apples and oranges.

Having said that, the wronged Post Office submasters/submistresses should have been able to seek justice through the criminal courts.
[IP address logged]
 Top of Board  |  Forum List  |  Threaded View   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 

Rows: 0
 Forum List  |  Need a Login? Register Here 
 User Login
 User Name:
 Password:
 Remember my login:

Forgot Your Password?
Enter your email address or user name below and a new password will be sent to the email address associated with your profile.
Security : type 'pars' in the box:
email:
© 2021-- DAFC.net