DAFC.net
Home 28 March 2024 
 Post Message  |  Top of Board  |  Search  |  Log In   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 
[ please login to use the Like feature ]
 Private car park tickets
Topic Originator: Raymie the Legend  
Date:   Mon 11 Apr 11:47

I know this subject has been discussed before but I just wanted to check the latest rules.

Now, a friend of mine, parked in the Euro Car Park, across from the Alhambra on a Wednesday evening, after 6pm and stayed around 90 mins.
My friend didn`t even think to check for charges as it was after 6pm

Said friend now has a ticket demanding £100, discounted to £60 if he pays by 20th April.

What should he do?

It`s bloody tough being a legend
Ron Atkinson - 1983
[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: Private car park tickets
Topic Originator: kechal7  
Date:   Mon 11 Apr 11:56

Ignore it and do not open dialogue. It`ll go away after a couple of letters

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: jake89  
Date:   Mon 11 Apr 13:20

Yet another example of Dunfermline getting stiffed. Fife Council dumped that car park to allow Euro Car Parks in meaning fewer council parking spaces.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Jeffery  
Date:   Mon 11 Apr 15:50

I was in the lake district last week and found it really difficult to park in towns without paying. I don`t say that just being a tight Fifer, I don`t mind paying, my issue was the prices were pretty obscene compared to our own (much larger) town centre car parks. There were also double yellows everywhere. Wee car parks on the edge of towns beside play parks (I was reminded of the townhill park one) were private run pay and display efforts.

In terms of enforceability of the private run car parks I really hope this NEVER changes in Scotland as it will have a massive impact. Fife council would not be slow to start selling off car parks to private companies and the rates will rocket.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Buspasspar  
Date:   Mon 11 Apr 17:45

I was in the lake district last week and found it really difficult to park in towns without paying.

Correct Jeffery .. Harrogate is the worlds largest car park

I had to pay enough to keep going till the morning .. no spaces at the Hotel .. then nip out first thing next morning to top up till ready to leave :-((

We are forever shaped by the Children we once were
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Snevets  
Date:   Mon 11 Apr 18:54

Raymie - I got one of these penalty notices on Saturday. I genuinely had no knowledge it was no longer a Council car park as I am seldom in town. The reason I didn`t buy a ticket was because I have a blue badge and was transporting my disabled son to an appointment in town. Apparently blue badge holders have to pay in these car parks unlike those run by the Council.

I am a retired cop, the issue here is that the driver of the vehicle at the material time is the person liable for the fine. The letter containing the notice is addressed to the registered keeper courtesy of DVLA. The registered keeper may not have been the driver at the material time so this firm are relying on the keeper identifying who is liable by entering into dialogue with them. I have no intention of doing so. I will ignore all letters that arrive.

The other clear issue here is that only Police Scotland and Council Parking Wardens can issue penalty notices for parking offences in this country.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: jake89  
Date:   Mon 11 Apr 18:59

They have new big signs up on the New Road side now but the issue is it was a council car park for at least 30 years.

It`s "only" one car park but it means you now have three operators (Council, APCOA and Euro Car Parks) operating within metres of each other. I don`t think blue badge holders get free parking in the APCOA car park either, and that was a council car park back when the bus station was there.

I wonder how it works in Glenrothes where Fife Council are based?...
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: LochgellyAlbert  
Date:   Tue 12 Apr 11:56

Edinburgh on street parking is a lottery, no indication on their meters if a Blue Badge holder pays or not.

I think Ringo is the phone app.
[IP address logged]
-
Topic Originator: GG4  
Date:   Tue 12 Apr 11:59

Ignore, don`t correspond. It`ll go away after a few letters. Unenforceable unless you run up hundreds and hundreds they won`t take it to court.

Been through this myself albeit in Perth last year with a private firm.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: dover par  
Date:   Wed 13 Apr 12:52

Had experience of 5 or 6 of these over the years.Just ignore them,don’t bother reading them just bin them. Takes about six months but they will go away.

"Pressure is something you feel when you don't know what the hell you're doing."
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Raymie the Legend  
Date:   Wed 13 Apr 13:13

thanks for the advice. The letter will be binned

It`s bloody tough being a legend
Ron Atkinson - 1983
[IP address logged]
 Top of Board  |  Forum List  |  Threaded View   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 

Rows: 0
 Forum List  |  Need a Login? Register Here 
 User Login
 User Name:
 Password:
 Remember my login:

Forgot Your Password?
Enter your email address or user name below and a new password will be sent to the email address associated with your profile.
Security : type 'pars' in the box:
email:
© 2021-- DAFC.net