DAFC.net
Home 28 March 2024 
 Post Message  |  Top of Board  |  Search  |  Log In   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 
[ please login to use the Like feature ]
 Anyone know
Topic Originator: parsmad68  
Date:   Mon 16 May 11:20

Why people were booing Prince William at the FA Cup Final?
[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: Anyone know
Topic Originator: red-star-par  
Date:   Mon 16 May 11:31

Quote:

parsmad68, Mon 16 May 11:20

Why people were booing Prince William at the FA Cup Final?

Hopefully it`s the start of people realising these people need ousted from their positions of power. After the reaction the royals have had in the Caribbean on their tours people are beginning to wake up. They are lucky that they have a very compliant media on their side. The BLM Movement managed to get a few statues of slave owners brought down but somehow left the royalty out of it
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: DBP  
Date:   Mon 16 May 12:05

Hopefully it’s that people are waking up to the fact that privilege and patronage is one of the big things wrong with our society and would rather see the whole institution demised?
…or it could be that he’s supposed to be a villa fan?
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: jake89  
Date:   Mon 16 May 13:23

It`s because they hate(d) Thatcher and have booed the national anthem since the 70s/80s. I`d assume the anthem was playing as Prince William took a wander.

TBH, it`s kind of laughable. I doubt William has much interest in football or Liverpool.

I think most places are a bit fed up with the Royals nowadays. We had the COP26 last year yet we have the royals driving bloody crowns about the place and Wills and Kate on private helicopters between Edinburgh and Glasgow just last week. Climate crisis, people struggling to make ends meet, economy in the toilet, but they`re farting about with big gold thrones and private helicopters.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: parsmad68  
Date:   Mon 16 May 15:00

They have scored some spectacular own goals of late. Harry, Andrew and the list goes on of their own inflated self importance.
What I couldn’t understand was when Wills and family were so enthused about the England Euro performance. Were they so enthused about other home nations?
Everyone I know is of the same opinion that after Liz there should be no more. They are just disconnected from reality.
I just read Jurgen Klopp’s statement on it. “Maybe they (the press) should ask the people who are booing, why they are doing it”
Scotland have been booing the English national anthem for years. I was just surprised that there is now such a disconnect in England.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Tad Allagash  
Date:   Mon 16 May 19:42

I’m guessing it’s because they were Liverpool fans with a level of paranoia and victim mentality worthy of the old firm. I mean, who boos ‘Abide with Me’?

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: OzPar  
Date:   Mon 16 May 23:03

I think once the Queen passes, there is going to be one hell of a constitutional crisis, not just in the UK but in a sequence of Commonwealth countries around the world.

For sure, Australia will have another referendum on independence, and there is every reason to believe that it will favour the republicans this time.

From what I have read, Canada is likely to follow that course too, though NZ seems less inclined to stop suckling on the royal teat...

[IP address logged]
 Top of Board  |  Forum List  |  Threaded View   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 

Rows: 0
 Forum List  |  Need a Login? Register Here 
 User Login
 User Name:
 Password:
 Remember my login:

Forgot Your Password?
Enter your email address or user name below and a new password will be sent to the email address associated with your profile.
Security : type 'pars' in the box:
email:
© 2021-- DAFC.net