DAFC.net
Home 28 March 2024 
 Post Message  |  Top of Board  |  Search  |  Log In   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 
[ please login to use the Like feature ]
 M90 Speed Cameras
Topic Originator: fcda  
Date:   Mon 23 May 19:40

Anyone know more about this?

Warning for Fife and Edinburgh drivers as speed cameras go live on crucial road [Evening News]
[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: M90 Speed Cameras
Topic Originator: charlie1  
Date:   Mon 23 May 20:10

speed cameras from Halbeath to Newbridge on overhead gantrys
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: jake89  
Date:   Tue 24 May 22:53

They`ve been there ages but just not turned on. Unsure if still the case but they previously only operated if the variable speed limit signs were lit up.

It may have changed but the southbound one before the Inverkeithing/Ferrytoll slip was obscured by some gorse bushes.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Tue 24 May 22:56

Noting the story says it`s to help tackle congestion. An alternative view - fine every idiot who brakes as they approach the bridge. Some people seem to still think the bridge is a 50mph road.

Also fine anyone who takes a shortcut by skipping down and up at Ferrytoll/Queensferry. All they do is clog things up on the slip roads.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: auldpar  
Date:   Wed 25 May 08:35

My normal entry to the crossing is at Ferrytoll (because of where I live). There is a large 50mph sign at that entry which I assume applies to the slip road only but once you are on the crossing there is no indication that he national speed limit i.e. 70mph then applies. How is anyone who is unfamiliar with the area to know that you can go faster than 50?

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: LochgellyAlbert  
Date:   Wed 25 May 09:59

Go up the A9, not a speed limit sign to be seen, a busy tourist route!

You would think with the number of accidents and switching from single lane to dual carriageway, there should be plenty?
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: dover par  
Date:   Wed 25 May 10:14

You should know your Highway Code:-
For a car Motorway speed limit is 70mph unless indicated.

"Pressure is something you feel when you don't know what the hell you're doing."
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Raymie the Legend  
Date:   Wed 25 May 13:07

"An alternative view - fine every idiot who brakes as they approach the bridge"

Bang on, especially trying to get into Fife at tea time. Queues all the way back to M9 slip and half way along the bridge and then, miraculously, the road clears

It`s bloody tough being a legend
Ron Atkinson - 1983
[IP address logged]
-
Date:   Wed 25 May 15:20

Quote:

auldpar, Wed 25 May 08:35

My normal entry to the crossing is at Ferrytoll (because of where I live). There is a large 50mph sign at that entry which I assume applies to the slip road only but once you are on the crossing there is no indication that he national speed limit i.e. 70mph then applies. How is anyone who is unfamiliar with the area to know that you can go faster than 50?

That may explain it. I`m usually coming off/on at Masterton where it`s already national speed limit. I often wonder if the national speed limit sign is an issue. It`s all covered in your driver theory to explain it, but then so is using indicators correctly and being able to use a roundabout without cutting people up!

I`ve written to the transport minister asking for a whopping great sign for the bridge so it reads "Queensferry Crossing - It`s a 70 you muppet (unless the sign says otherwise or your in an HGV or whatever)".
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: auldpar  
Date:   Wed 25 May 15:27

Yes. It`s strange that if you continue towards the airport the speed limit is 50 again as you turn eastwards and then it`s clearly marked when it reverts to 70 again. Doing the same as you join the crossing might avoid confusion.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Wed 25 May 15:30

That whole section makes no sense. There`s a 50 that applies to the A90 but not to the motorway that continues to take you to the M8/M9. IIRC the sign is in the middle of where the road divides so it`s not clear which road it applies to.

Being honest, it shouldn`t apply to the A90 and that road should revert back to being a 70 up until the edge of Cramond. I suspect it`s a 50 as it reduces the risk of your tyres being ripped to shreds on the awful road.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Jeffery  
Date:   Wed 25 May 16:47

The people heading to Fife, nipping up over the flyover and straight down the other side to join the bridge are surely a more despicable bunch than those unsure of the speed limit?
[IP address logged]
Date:   Wed 25 May 17:56

Quote:

Jeffery, Wed 25 May 16:47

The people heading to Fife, nipping up over the flyover and straight down the other side to join the bridge are surely a more despicable bunch than those unsure of the speed limit?

Both as bad as each other. Both slow up all the traffic with their stupidity.
[IP address logged]
 Top of Board  |  Forum List  |  Threaded View   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 

Rows: 0
 Forum List  |  Need a Login? Register Here 
 User Login
 User Name:
 Password:
 Remember my login:

Forgot Your Password?
Enter your email address or user name below and a new password will be sent to the email address associated with your profile.
Security : type 'pars' in the box:
email:
© 2021-- DAFC.net