DAFC.net
Home 28 March 2024 
 Post Message  |  Top of Board  |  Search  |  Log In   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 
[ please login to use the Like feature ]
 18th Birthday present
Topic Originator: Parboiled  
Date:   Wed 25 May 08:33

…to himself, two assault rifles. Another school massacre, Texas this time.

The least surprising thing is that it is no great shock. Assault files over the counter, not going rabbit hunting was he?

[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: 18th Birthday present
Topic Originator: twin par  
Date:   Wed 25 May 13:55

Americans,just Don`t get it,or just deny it.Crazy.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: jake89  
Date:   Wed 25 May 15:27

The issue in the US will be that no party will say no guns. It`s political suicide.

Surely whatever amendment it is didn`t foresee a situation where "arms" can fire hundreds of bullets in seconds? Back then they`d probably need to reload after each shot!

I don`t get the gun thing at all. I`ve never lived in the US but can`t imagine I`d want a gun in my house. Maybe I`d feel different if living there. I`d be concerned about shooting myself or one of the kids getting into it (if they can hack into my email to reset their game passwords then they can work out how to get a gun out a safe!) and hurting themselves.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: veteraneastender  
Date:   Wed 25 May 17:57

The Second Amendment - and yes, muskets needed to be reloaded after each shot was fired - at best, a trained infantryman could manage 4 rounds per minute.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: twin par  
Date:   Wed 25 May 18:52

Who the hell needs a AK47 ,in their house,utter madness.You can buy a gun,but not a beer until your 21.

Post Edited (Wed 25 May 20:31)
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Buspasspar  
Date:   Wed 25 May 19:11

27 school shootings in the USA so far in 2022 .. Thoughts with all the poor wee souls and their Parents

We are forever shaped by the Children we once were
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: DAFC23  
Date:   Thu 26 May 15:30

Scary thing is some peoples answer to the problem is to arm all the teachers so they can take out any shooter quicker , utter madness
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: londonparsfan  
Date:   Thu 26 May 18:58

Quote:

DAFC23, Thu 26 May 15:30

Scary thing is some peoples answer to the problem is to arm all the teachers so they can take out any shooter quicker , utter madness

And only have one entrance/exit with armed police on the door 🙈
[IP address logged]
-
Topic Originator: parsfan  
Date:   Thu 26 May 19:09

I`ve not heard them bringing up the bam`s taste in music in one of these situations for quite a while now. I`m almost beginning to think it has nothing to do with it.

It`s also good not to have anyone coming on here this time telling us it`s all a hoax.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
The universe is ruled by chance and indifference

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: wee eck  
Date:   Thu 26 May 20:27

Apparently there were armed guards at this school but the shooter managed to avoid them.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Thu 26 May 21:59

Quote:

wee eck, Thu 26 May 20:27

Apparently there were armed guards at this school but the shooter managed to avoid them.

What`s worrying about that statement is it sounds like the description of these far east nations we`re told are barbaric and run by maniacs. Are the citizens of the USA not at all concerned about their schools needing armed guards and metal detectors?!

The solution to gun deaths isn`t more bloody guns! Surely even the NRA can accept then don`t need automatic weapons to hunt or protect homes?
[IP address logged]
Date:   Thu 26 May 22:13

The NRA will argue that automatic weapons are illegal in the USA which strictly speaking is correct - but that is being totally pedantic - they continue to bury their heads even further in the sand.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Thu 26 May 22:58

Well the suggestion now is to have only one door into schools and have it armed. So guns aren`t the problem, doors are?

Madness. Absolute madness!
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Johan_Cruyff  
Date:   Fri 27 May 12:31

My kids go through `active` shooter training at their schools - they`re 14/11/6 in age - its horrible to think they have to do that

Our schools have been on complete lockdown at least twice in the last couple of years with bomb threats & criminals in the area with guns.

Every school in our system has armed `resource officers` patrolling the school who are accountable to the local police dept.

We line in rural northwest Georgia.

If I felt the need I could go buy an assault rifle today from at least 10 stores in a 35 mile radius of me.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: The One Who Knocks  
Date:   Fri 27 May 21:25

Got to hand it to the gun lobby. The news cycle quickly moved on from being focused on how a deranged evil loser managed to legally acquire firearms to why didn`t the police go into John Mclain mode and stop this lunatic sooner. The fault here lies with that scumbag child killer and a system that did nothing to hinder his monstrous impulses and everything else is just a distraction from that fact.

And although my eyes were open
They just might as well be closed
[IP address logged]
Date:   Fri 27 May 23:43

Quote:

The One Who Knocks, Fri 27 May 21:25

Got to hand it to the gun lobby. The news cycle quickly moved on from being focused on how a deranged evil loser managed to legally acquire firearms to why didn`t the police go into John Mclain mode and stop this lunatic sooner. The fault here lies with that scumbag child killer and a system that did nothing to hinder his monstrous impulses and everything else is just a distraction from that fact.

No, it`s those blasted doors. Why do buildings need more than one? If it weren`t for that school having multiple entrances there`s no way those kids would have died. That`s the belief of these idiots.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: The One Who Knocks  
Date:   Sat 28 May 00:15

The gun lobby is playing a blinder here being assisted by useful idiots clamouring to pin this on the police. See the narrative is going to be if the police can`t protect you and your family then only you can do it and to do it properly you need to buy a gun or three.

And although my eyes were open
They just might as well be closed
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 28 May 11:24

The gun lobby automatically latch on to any blame game defensive position that distracts from the real issue.

Nothing substantive will change - and it`ll only be a matter of time before there are more tragic incidents.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: moviescot  
Date:   Sun 29 May 14:55

Over 200 school him related gun incidents in US since 2019.

Scary.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Wotsit  
Date:   Mon 30 May 14:02

He was able to legally buy himself an assault rifle three years before he was legally able to buy himself a beer.

"Who you are and what you feel comes not just from inside you, but from where you are in the power structure"
[IP address logged]
 Top of Board  |  Forum List  |  Threaded View   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 

Rows: 0
 Forum List  |  Need a Login? Register Here 
 User Login
 User Name:
 Password:
 Remember my login:

Forgot Your Password?
Enter your email address or user name below and a new password will be sent to the email address associated with your profile.
Security : type 'pars' in the box:
email:
© 2021-- DAFC.net