DAFC.net
Home 29 March 2024 
 Post Message  |  Top of Board  |  Search  |  Log In   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 
[ please login to use the Like feature ]
 Potholes
Topic Originator: LochgellyAlbert  
Date:   Tue 14 Jun 10:14

Well the roads around us are disintegrating, even that quiet town called Kingseat has a Main St that would win an award just now!?

Meanwhile Fife Council have just won a court case over damages to a car, a £1K repair bill from some years ago.

Newspapers are saying that it has cost Fife Council/Ratepayers £10K to defend this claim, REALLY????🤔😲😱💩💩💩
[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: Potholes
Topic Originator: veteraneastender  
Date:   Tue 14 Jun 12:11

I would have thought the losing party would bear the costs of the Council in a civil action ?

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: sintv  
Date:   Tue 14 Jun 12:25

I reported on council website the potholes outside my door had nearly caused a cyclist to come off his bike. Filled in within 3 days and 2 mth later road was resurfaced.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: widtink  
Date:   Tue 14 Jun 12:35

On the other side of the coin.... There was a largeish pothole right outside ma hoose... Reported it.
It took 4 months for them to fix it... And they done a really bad job of it too.

Admin
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: LochgellyAlbert  
Date:   Tue 14 Jun 14:20

https://www.dunfermlinepress.com/news/20205004.fife-council-accused-wasting-taxpayers-money-fighting-compensation-claim/

Post Edited (Tue 14 Jun 14:22)
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: DBA  
Date:   Tue 14 Jun 15:38

Quote:

LochgellyAlbert, Tue 14 Jun 14:20

https://www.dunfermlinepress.com/news/20205004.fife-council-accused-wasting-taxpayers-money-fighting-compensation-claim/

Surely it`s for preservation long term though? Don`t defend it and be inundated with future claims, well above the reported figure to defend it.
[IP address logged]
 Top of Board  |  Forum List  |  Threaded View   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 

Rows: 0
 Forum List  |  Need a Login? Register Here 
 User Login
 User Name:
 Password:
 Remember my login:

Forgot Your Password?
Enter your email address or user name below and a new password will be sent to the email address associated with your profile.
Security : type 'pars' in the box:
email:
© 2021-- DAFC.net