DAFC.net
Home 28 March 2024 
 Post Message  |  Top of Board  |  Search  |  Log In   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 
[ please login to use the Like feature ]
 Bus station.
Topic Originator: twin par  
Date:   Sat 18 Jun 22:24

Just ,jumped on bus to Cairneyhill. The amount of idiots and morons, coming out is unreal.Do parents not know what their kids are up to.Swearing,shouting ,and general disruption. Oh,wait,you can`t say that,or some lily whites will get upset,nothing for them to do brigade.
[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: Bus station.
Topic Originator: red-star-par  
Date:   Sat 18 Jun 23:17

Yeah, I was on a bus on Monday night about 6pm waiting at the station, and there was one lad inside the station about 15 years old that was running about trying to see how high he could run up a wall and barging into anyone who might get in the way and a couple of girls that looked about 17, and one of them just started kicking the glass outside, getting progressively more aggressive. A good kick up the erse would probably do these kids a lot of good in the long run
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: jake89  
Date:   Sun 19 Jun 00:34

You can very much question it. The bus station is known to the police as a bam location along with the Tesco car park, under the glen bridge and Glen.

The police do bugger all. Time to start chucking them in a cell until their parents come and pick them up.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 19 Jun 18:50

Great idea jake.But you and I know that won`t happen. You are infringing their human rights,some of the do Gooders would say.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 19 Jun 20:24

Yes, they`ll get invited to play football with some officers instead. So many parents these days don`t seem to care where their kids are or what they`re doing. Ironically, it`s easier than ever to monitor them.

Start having the parents pick them up and they`ll soon care where their scummy kids are. I`m still interested to hear from the parents of the kids who killed the peacock.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: StevenPar77  
Date:   Sun 19 Jun 21:40

Heard a rumour that there were 3 boys involved but the older one stopped when he realised what the other two were up to.
I think he called the police and ended up being beaten up at school for doing so.
One of the two that took part ended up being taken on holiday by his parents because of the stress of the backlash.

Just rumour though!

https://www.agiftfor.net
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 19 Jun 22:51

Hopefully the holiday was to Polmont.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 19 Jun 23:03

Polmont,too good for that scum.
[IP address logged]
-
Topic Originator: PARrot  
Date:   Mon 20 Jun 01:22

Why keep blaming parents? Do you think the fact parents are no longer allowed to discipline unruly kids might be part of the problem?

[IP address logged]
Date:   Mon 20 Jun 09:08

Parents can very much still discipline their children, just not by beating the living crap out of them, which was often why "bad" kids were bad.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: PARrot  
Date:   Mon 20 Jun 10:11

Quote:

jake89, Mon 20 Jun 09:08

Parents can very much still discipline their children, just not by beating the living crap out of them, which was often why "bad" kids were bad.

"Beat the living crap out of them"?
Thats quite a jump from, "Disciplining" them.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: ipswichpar  
Date:   Mon 20 Jun 10:45

What disciplining is no longer allowed?
[IP address logged]
Date:   Mon 20 Jun 11:47

You can`t give a child a smack in the same way you can`t smack an adult. This was a result of research where it was evidenced that physically hurting a child does NOT result in improved behaviour, it can make children behave even worse!

I don`t think I`ve ever smacked my kids whereas my brother-in-law has and still does. His kids are still wild. Mine are no angels but we find removing them from the situation and talking to them is more effective than a smack or threat of a smack.

Obviously it`s more difficult when a child is older, and some children may have specific issues/conditions. However, the key thing for any child is parental support.

That all said, I`d 100% advocate putting stocks up for the kids who killed the peacock. Be the same if they were adults.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: dover par  
Date:   Tue 21 Jun 10:43

My pensioner mother referred the bus station at night to a ‘war zone’
She has stopped getting any bus that passes through the bus station after six because of the mayhem.

"Pressure is something you feel when you don't know what the hell you're doing."
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: DBP  
Date:   Tue 21 Jun 12:06

Agree with your approach and my experience mirrors your results Jake

Post Edited (Tue 21 Jun 12:06)
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: GG Riva  
Date:   Tue 21 Jun 14:59

Quote:

PARrot, Mon 20 Jun 01:22

Why keep blaming parents? Do you think the fact parents are no longer allowed to discipline unruly kids might be part of the problem?

Not sure what kind of discipline you were alluding to, Parrot, but AFAIK, only physical punishment is banned. I once had an unruly kid causing problems at school, so I asked his dad, who was bringing the boy up alone, to come in for a chat and see if we could find a common strategy to improve his son`s behaviour. Turns out he`d given the lad a beating and the boy had phoned Childline. The polis came to his door and warned the dad, in front of the boy, that he would be charged if there was ever a repeat. And that was the baw burst for the poor man......

I asked him if the boy had a computer, mobile phone, PlayStation etc. Turns out he had them all. We soon found a strategy to improve the boy`s behaviour after that. Rewarding positive behaviour and imposing sanctions for poor behaviour is hardly rocket science. Kids soon learn the error of their ways.

Not your average Sunday League player.

Post Edited (Tue 21 Jun 15:00)
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: The Toun Clock  
Date:   Tue 21 Jun 15:54

Hope the names of the Peacock killers come out like these things often do and they`re given absolute hell.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Tue 21 Jun 17:20

Simplest solution in our house is to block devices on the WiFi.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: AdamAntsParsStripe  
Date:   Tue 21 Jun 18:23

Quote:

twin par, Sat 18 Jun 22:24

Just ,jumped on bus to Cairneyhill. The amount of idiots and morons, coming out is unreal.Do parents not know what their kids are up to.Swearing,shouting ,and general disruption. Oh,wait,you can`t say that,or some lily whites will get upset,nothing for them to do brigade.

Yeah like you never did at their age .....

Zwei Pints Bier und ein Päckchen Chips bitte
[IP address logged]
Date:   Tue 21 Jun 22:31

That`s insulting,always had respect for our elders.Adam.No ,I never did that, my dad was in the 60s polis,and God forbid I stepped out of line.That respect has been carried on to my kids,and, you know what? Lovely, well behaved kids and very respectful,adults.You reap what you sow. Yes, it was hard ,but my god,you learned respect.Some,of today's parents, are cowards,they are frightened of their own kids,too PC correct idiots.If that line of rules ,had,been installed nowadays, a peacock, in the Glen would not have been tortured and killed.The problem now is,there are no real consequences, and they know it.

Post Edited (Tue 21 Jun 23:17)
[IP address logged]
 Top of Board  |  Forum List  |  Threaded View   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 

Rows: 0
 Forum List  |  Need a Login? Register Here 
 User Login
 User Name:
 Password:
 Remember my login:

Forgot Your Password?
Enter your email address or user name below and a new password will be sent to the email address associated with your profile.
Security : type 'pars' in the box:
email:
© 2021-- DAFC.net