DAFC.net
Home 29 March 2024 
 Post Message  |  Top of Board  |  Search  |  Log In   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 
[ please login to use the Like feature ]
 Car problems
Topic Originator: ipswichpar  
Date:   Fri 8 Jul 17:57

We have spent the best part of a couple of grand trying to fix our clutch master and slave. Our clutch still isn`t working and we can`t get into first gear.

Our garage seems to be at a loss as to what needs to be done to fix the issue, which is a bit frustrating after spending so much money.

Any ideas about what`s the best way forward? I`m thinking using a different garage is a good idea but it is a bit frustrating spending 2k without getting the problem resolved.
[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: Car problems
Topic Originator: widtink  
Date:   Fri 8 Jul 18:27

Doesn`t say much for the mechanic.
May i be as bold to suggest a better one.
I use the guy at the bottom of Townhill Road and he knows his stuff.

Admin
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: jake89  
Date:   Sat 9 Jul 02:51

Depends where you`re based and the type of vehicle. £2k and no solution sounds ridiculous tbh. I take it the car is out of warranty?

May be time to cut your losses and try elsewhere. Also try the car forums for your car in case others have the same issue.

If you`re in Dunfermline then try Ian Brown. Never used him myself but have heard good things.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: dover par  
Date:   Sat 9 Jul 09:03

Ian Brown motor engineers

"Pressure is something you feel when you don't know what the hell you're doing."
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: brian  
Date:   Sat 9 Jul 11:46

Vouch for Ian Brown.

Only garage ive used in 40 years 👍

Mind you they are busy (for a reason)

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: galapar  
Date:   Mon 11 Jul 21:42

If you let me know a bit history and car etc I will see if I can help

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: ipswichpar  
Date:   Mon 11 Jul 22:17

Thanks all. I`m not local to Dunfermline any more but Ian Brown sounds brilliant.

It looks like it`s a problem with the clutch master and slave. The local garage were very good today.... came out to pick the car up today and i hope they have now fixed it.....we couldn`t get it into gear at all (which was the problem before the clutch was replaced).

Hopefully they have now properly fixed it but time will tell I guess. It had been fixed for a couple of days last week so hopefully it is bit longer lasting this week.

Thanks for the offer galapar.
[IP address logged]
 Top of Board  |  Forum List  |  Threaded View   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 

Rows: 0
 Forum List  |  Need a Login? Register Here 
 User Login
 User Name:
 Password:
 Remember my login:

Forgot Your Password?
Enter your email address or user name below and a new password will be sent to the email address associated with your profile.
Security : type 'pars' in the box:
email:
© 2021-- DAFC.net