DAFC.net
Home 30 September 2022 
 Post Message  |  Top of Board  |  Go to Topic  |  Search  |  Twitter Updates  |  Log In   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 
[ please login to use the Like feature ]
 Arrogant and stupid beyond belief
Topic Originator: GG Riva  
Date:   Mon 8 Aug 17:01

I just got this in my news feed :-

https://www.itv.com/news/utv/2022-08-05/family-leave-restaurant-with-unpaid-200-bill-after-customer-goes-for-wallet

There`s a limit to human intelligence but not to stupidity. 🙁



Not your average Sunday League player.
[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: Arrogant and stupid beyond belief
Topic Originator: jake89  
Date:   Mon 8 Aug 22:32

I don`t understand. So they left under the pretence of getting a wallet and then the guy left his driving licence? So he didn`t want to pay £200 but was happy enough to leave his name and address along with evidence of drink driving?
[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: Arrogant and stupid beyond belief
Topic Originator: GG Riva  
Date:   Tue 9 Aug 05:46

Quote:

jake89, Mon 8 Aug 22:32

I don`t understand. So they left under the pretence of getting a wallet and then the guy left his driving licence? So he didn`t want to pay £200 but was happy enough to leave his name and address along with evidence of drink driving?


No wonder you can`t fathom it, Jake. It defies all logic - unless the driving licence was not his own, in which case he`ll have an extra charge to deal with when they are (inevitably) caught.



Not your average Sunday League player.
[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: Arrogant and stupid beyond belief
Topic Originator: parfection  
Date:   Tue 9 Aug 07:48

I may be missing something here, but I can see no reference whatever to a driving licence. All I took from the story is that people skipped off from a restaurant without settling their bill. Contemptible, mean behaviour I agree, but where the stupidity comes in I don’t know. I’d be happy if someone could tell me if I’ve missed something.
[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: Arrogant and stupid beyond belief
Topic Originator: jake89  
Date:   Tue 9 Aug 07:55

"When the waitress brought the bill the customer left his Driving license without paying."

It`s in the embedded tweet.
[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: Arrogant and stupid beyond belief
Topic Originator: ipswichpar  
Date:   Tue 9 Aug 07:57

You are missing something. Check the text from Carlito`s.
[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: Arrogant and stupid beyond belief
Topic Originator: LochgellyAlbert  
Date:   Tue 9 Aug 08:30

Quote:

GG Riva, Tue 9 Aug 05:46

Quote:

jake89, Mon 8 Aug 22:32

I don`t understand. So they left under the pretence of getting a wallet and then the guy left his driving licence? So he didn`t want to pay £200 but was happy enough to leave his name and address along with evidence of drink driving?


No wonder you can`t fathom it, Jake. It defies all logic - unless the driving licence was not his own, in which case he`ll have an extra charge to deal with when they are (inevitably) caught.


GG That`s some time in the morning to be up for a retired gentleman, plumbing problems or up to milk the cows?
[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: Arrogant and stupid beyond belief
Topic Originator: parfection  
Date:   Tue 9 Aug 13:47

Thanks for the replies folks but I still can’t see it. On my phone when I look at the linked article there is definitively no mention at all of a driving licence. I got my wife to check very carefully- but no, she can’t see it either ! It’s all very odd and again, I apologise if I’m being really thick here.
[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
-
 Re: Arrogant and stupid beyond belief
Topic Originator: DBP  
Date:   Tue 9 Aug 14:24

I don’t see anything about a driving licence either - looks like a case of eat and run!
[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: Arrogant and stupid beyond belief
Topic Originator: veteraneastender  
Date:   Tue 9 Aug 15:46

See Carlito`s message posted on Facebook as shown - second paragraph, first sentence.

"When the waitress brought the bill the customer left his Driving license without paying."



Post Edited (Tue 09 Aug 15:46)
[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: Arrogant and stupid beyond belief
Topic Originator: GG Riva  
Date:   Tue 9 Aug 16:06

Quote:

LochgellyAlbert, Tue 9 Aug 08:30

GG That`s some time in the morning to be up for a retired gentleman, plumbing problems or up to milk the cows?


You should know auld folk dinnae need much sleep, LA. I know for a fact ye`re a lot aulder than me. 😃



Not your average Sunday League player.
[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: Arrogant and stupid beyond belief
Topic Originator: LochgellyAlbert  
Date:   Tue 9 Aug 16:56

Quote:

GG Riva, Tue 9 Aug 16:06

Quote:

LochgellyAlbert, Tue 9 Aug 08:30

GG That`s some time in the morning to be up for a retired gentleman, plumbing problems or up to milk the cows?


You should know auld folk dinnae need much sleep, LA. I know for a fact ye`re a lot aulder than me. 😃


😎🤣🤣🤣🚰🚹🚾
[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: Arrogant and stupid beyond belief
Topic Originator: P  
Date:   Tue 9 Aug 19:54

Quote:

veteraneastender, Tue 9 Aug 15:46

See Carlito`s message posted on Facebook as shown - second paragraph, first sentence.

"When the waitress brought the bill the customer left his Driving license without paying."


It all depends on your browser.

On my iPhone it defaults to the safari browser from .net then in the article you can only see a slight gap between a couple sentences but no Facebook post. When i copy and paste the url onto Google then I can see the Facebook embed in that gap.

So everyone is right as it is and is not there 🤷🏻


[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: Arrogant and stupid beyond belief
Topic Originator: jake89  
Date:   Tue 9 Aug 20:25

Classic case of "it just works" by Apple...
[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: Arrogant and stupid beyond belief
Topic Originator: parfection  
Date:   Tue 9 Aug 20:37

Thank you P. We did notice a gap in the text but that was it. Anyhow, you have settled the matter nicely - I knew there had to be an explanation, but I’d never have got there on my own. 👍
[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Top of Board  |  Forum List  |  Threaded View   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 


Rows: 0
 Forum List  |  Need a Login? Register Here 
 User Login
 User Name:
 Password:
 Remember my login:
   
 Forgot Your Password?
Enter your email address or user name below and a new password will be sent to the email address associated with your profile.
Security : type 'pars' in the box:
email:
© 2021-- DAFC.net