DAFC.net
Home 28 March 2024 
 Post Message  |  Top of Board  |  Search  |  Log In   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 
[ please login to use the Like feature ]
 Arrogant and stupid beyond belief
Topic Originator: GG Riva  
Date:   Mon 8 Aug 17:01

I just got this in my news feed :-

https://www.itv.com/news/utv/2022-08-05/family-leave-restaurant-with-unpaid-200-bill-after-customer-goes-for-wallet

There`s a limit to human intelligence but not to stupidity. 🙁

Not your average Sunday League player.
[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: Arrogant and stupid beyond belief
Topic Originator: jake89  
Date:   Mon 8 Aug 22:32

I don`t understand. So they left under the pretence of getting a wallet and then the guy left his driving licence? So he didn`t want to pay £200 but was happy enough to leave his name and address along with evidence of drink driving?
[IP address logged]
Date:   Tue 9 Aug 05:46

Quote:

jake89, Mon 8 Aug 22:32

I don`t understand. So they left under the pretence of getting a wallet and then the guy left his driving licence? So he didn`t want to pay £200 but was happy enough to leave his name and address along with evidence of drink driving?

No wonder you can`t fathom it, Jake. It defies all logic - unless the driving licence was not his own, in which case he`ll have an extra charge to deal with when they are (inevitably) caught.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: parfection  
Date:   Tue 9 Aug 07:48

I may be missing something here, but I can see no reference whatever to a driving licence. All I took from the story is that people skipped off from a restaurant without settling their bill. Contemptible, mean behaviour I agree, but where the stupidity comes in I don’t know. I’d be happy if someone could tell me if I’ve missed something.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Tue 9 Aug 07:55

"When the waitress brought the bill the customer left his Driving license without paying."

It`s in the embedded tweet.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: ipswichpar  
Date:   Tue 9 Aug 07:57

You are missing something. Check the text from Carlito`s.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: LochgellyAlbert  
Date:   Tue 9 Aug 08:30

Quote:

GG Riva, Tue 9 Aug 05:46

Quote:

jake89, Mon 8 Aug 22:32

No wonder you can`t fathom it, Jake. It defies all logic - unless the driving licence was not his own, in which case he`ll have an extra charge to deal with when they are (inevitably) caught.

GG That`s some time in the morning to be up for a retired gentleman, plumbing problems or up to milk the cows?
[IP address logged]
Date:   Tue 9 Aug 13:47

Thanks for the replies folks but I still can’t see it. On my phone when I look at the linked article there is definitively no mention at all of a driving licence. I got my wife to check very carefully- but no, she can’t see it either ! It’s all very odd and again, I apologise if I’m being really thick here.
[IP address logged]
-
Topic Originator: DBP  
Date:   Tue 9 Aug 14:24

I don’t see anything about a driving licence either - looks like a case of eat and run!
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: veteraneastender  
Date:   Tue 9 Aug 15:46

See Carlito`s message posted on Facebook as shown - second paragraph, first sentence.

"When the waitress brought the bill the customer left his Driving license without paying."

Post Edited (Tue 09 Aug 15:46)
[IP address logged]
Date:   Tue 9 Aug 16:06

Quote:

LochgellyAlbert, Tue 9 Aug 08:30

GG That`s some time in the morning to be up for a retired gentleman, plumbing problems or up to milk the cows?

You should know auld folk dinnae need much sleep, LA. I know for a fact ye`re a lot aulder than me. 😃

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: LochgellyAlbert  
Date:   Tue 9 Aug 16:56

Quote:

GG Riva, Tue 9 Aug 16:06

Quote:

LochgellyAlbert, Tue 9 Aug 08:30

You should know auld folk dinnae need much sleep, LA. I know for a fact ye`re a lot aulder than me. 😃

😎🤣🤣🤣🚰🚹🚾
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: P  
Date:   Tue 9 Aug 19:54

Quote:

veteraneastender, Tue 9 Aug 15:46

See Carlito`s message posted on Facebook as shown - second paragraph, first sentence.

It all depends on your browser.

On my iPhone it defaults to the safari browser from .net then in the article you can only see a slight gap between a couple sentences but no Facebook post. When i copy and paste the url onto Google then I can see the Facebook embed in that gap.

So everyone is right as it is and is not there 🤷🏻

[IP address logged]
Date:   Tue 9 Aug 20:25

Classic case of "it just works" by Apple...
[IP address logged]
Date:   Tue 9 Aug 20:37

Thank you P. We did notice a gap in the text but that was it. Anyhow, you have settled the matter nicely - I knew there had to be an explanation, but I’d never have got there on my own. 👍
[IP address logged]
 Top of Board  |  Forum List  |  Threaded View   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 

Rows: 0
 Forum List  |  Need a Login? Register Here 
 User Login
 User Name:
 Password:
 Remember my login:

Forgot Your Password?
Enter your email address or user name below and a new password will be sent to the email address associated with your profile.
Security : type 'pars' in the box:
email:
© 2021-- DAFC.net