DAFC.net
Home 29 March 2024 
 Post Message  |  Top of Board  |  Search  |  Log In   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 
[ please login to use the Like feature ]
 Free bus passes - unintended consequences
Topic Originator: jake89  
Date:   Fri 21 Oct 19:12

Story in the Press today about drunk teenagers causing bother in the bus station. Always been bother but it`s apparently now worse due to the free bus travel.

Heard earlier that the McDonalds at Tesco now closes to walk-in customers at 7pm after having the play area trashed and a window panned in. Who would`ve thought that the local councillors and community were right that it would result in anti-social behaviour?! It appears that the issues are a mix of local kids and ones from further afield taking advantage of their free bus passes.
[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: Free bus passes - unintended consequences
Topic Originator: Wotsit  
Date:   Sat 22 Oct 10:52

The anti social behaviour is probably just spread out more, after all there`s only so much bother teenagers can cause and you can be pretty certain that those same individuals would be causing bother nearer to home if they were unable to travel.

Maybe if more affluent areas are impacted rather than just the already trashed areas folk will start paying attention to the underlying causes of this behaviour? Or maybe folk will just blame kids and ignore the political decisions which inevitably lead to people behaving like this whether it`s in Wester Hailes or Morningside.

The bus passes aren`t causing anti social behaviour, they are simply moving it around.

"Who you are and what you feel comes not just from inside you, but from where you are in the power structure"
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Buspasspar  
Date:   Sat 22 Oct 11:01

When I saw your heading jake I thought it was us auld codgers that were causing mayhem at the Bingo

We are forever shaped by the Children we once were
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: LochgellyAlbert  
Date:   Sat 22 Oct 11:42

Been a big problem in Lochgelly for years, with parents buying them drink and dropping them off.
Really came to light when a parent from Crossgates was commenting on an attempted sexual assault on her 14 Yr old daughter.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 22 Oct 14:52

Quote:

Buspasspar, Sat 22 Oct 11:01

When I saw your heading jake I thought it was us auld codgers that were causing mayhem at the Bingo

Well, we all know what you lot are like 😂
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 22 Oct 14:54

Again points to awful decision making in Fife Council though. There were hundreds of objections to that McDonald`s, which is literally over the road from the two schools. Approved by councillors living in Leven...
[IP address logged]
 Top of Board  |  Forum List  |  Threaded View   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 

Rows: 0
 Forum List  |  Need a Login? Register Here 
 User Login
 User Name:
 Password:
 Remember my login:

Forgot Your Password?
Enter your email address or user name below and a new password will be sent to the email address associated with your profile.
Security : type 'pars' in the box:
email:
© 2021-- DAFC.net