DAFC.net
Home 28 March 2024 
 Post Message  |  Top of Board  |  Search  |  Log In   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 
[ please login to use the Like feature ]
 Ross Allan (D)
Topic Originator: GG Riva  
Date:   Sun 5 Feb 06:44

Many of you will be shocked and saddened to learn of the sudden death of Ross Allan, who taught Business Studies in St Columba`s HS throughout his entire career.

Ross originally hailed from Lochgelly and went to school with Jim Leishman. Although he couldn`t rival Jim`s ability on the field he was every bit as passionate about the Pars off it. He was a regular at EEP and at many away games for over 60 years.

A much loved friend and colleague for 35 years, Ross was born to teach. He had that wonderful knack of being able to entertain his pupils by making learning fun. I don`t know if he planned some of the madcap things he did or if they were spontaneous but it doesn`t really matter, the kids loved him for it and looked forward to going to his classes. We both retired on the same day at the end of the 2010-11 session. I`ll never forget his entry that morning. He marched gleefully into the staff room, in full Highland attire, right arm aloft, clutching a bottle of Buckfast. 😀

RIP my friend. The world is a poorer place without you. 😔

Not your average Sunday League player.
[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: Ross Allan (D)
Topic Originator: SeasonedPar  
Date:   Sun 5 Feb 07:20

Condolences to his family. I knew Ross for many years, through teaching and through the Pars. Very sad news.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Buspasspar  
Date:   Sun 5 Feb 09:27

Very Sad .. thoughts and sympathy to all Family and Friends RIP Ross

We are forever shaped by the Children we once were
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Raymie the Legend  
Date:   Sun 5 Feb 09:42

Marvin Gaye’s lyrics spring to mind here.

He freed lotta people but it seems the good they die young
I just looked around and he`s gone

RIP, Ross. Another good guy taken too young

It`s bloody tough being a legend
Ron Atkinson - 1983

Post Edited (Sun 05 Feb 09:43)
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: sintv  
Date:   Sun 5 Feb 10:32

Wow. That`s a shock. Most folk knew him as Zeke. My class at Beath..very nice n funny guy.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: DA-go Par Adonis  
Date:   Sun 5 Feb 10:56

When I was at St.C`s, the 1st years used to go to Loch Ard at the start of the year, accompanied by 3 teachers.

They then decided that it would be a good idea to bring a couple of 6th years along - so that the 1st years got to know some of the senior pupils also.

My mate was a prefect and ended up in Mr Allan`s group for the Loch Ard trip. Mr Allan used to teach me Business Studies (I think it was called Management Information Studies/MIS in those days) and I also did Accountancy & Finance. The pair of them decided that this meant I was "good" with money.

For the rest of 6th year, I would hand in homework in his MIS class - often liberally sprinkled with references to the Pars. Mr Allan would hand it back to me once he`d corrected it, basically vandalised with pictures that he`d cut out and stuck on - robbers with bags marked "swag", piles of coins, Fagin from Oliver Twist etc.

RIP Ross.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I love it when we go sell Kevin Nisbet,
He's gonna pay for everyone this season.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 5 Feb 14:38

Quote:

sintv, Sun 5 Feb 10:32

Wow. That`s a shock. Most folk knew him as Zeke. My class at Beath..very nice n funny guy.

Yes, he used to post on here as Zekester, but got fed up with all the acrimony and aggro among us when we went into administration. I asked him how he`d chosen that user name and he said it was a combination of his boyhood nickname and his Pars hero, Craig Brewster.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Ben,D.A  
Date:   Mon 6 Feb 14:06

Zekester. A name from the past on this site, and a poster of sense. RIP.

only 11 make the team,the rest can just but dream.
[IP address logged]
-
Date:   Fri 17 Feb 13:17

Ross`s daughter, Laura posted this on FB :-

Dad`s funeral will be held at 2.30pm on Tuesday 28th February in The Purvis Suite at his beloved East End Park. There will be no service at the crem, but instead dad will come in to EEP and we can say goodbye to him in his `church`. Guests are invited to wear black, white and red, and instead of flowers we will be taking a collection for Ward 42 (the Stroke Ward) at The Vic for those who wish to contribute. The staff there showed incredible kindness and compassion, not only to dad, but to the whole family last week. We simply cannot express how grateful we are to them for helping make such a hugely difficult time that little bit easier for us.

We would also like to express our thanks for all the kindness, love and support shown to us all since dad`s passing from so many people. The cards, flowers, gifts, visits and messages have been overwhelming, and really have helped us in the past week. Not only have they shown us what amazing friends we have, they are a true testament to how much everyone loved and will miss dad.

As so many have said recently, he truly was one in a million
🖤🤍

[IP address logged]
Date:   Fri 17 Feb 14:37

https://www.dunfermlinepress.com/news/23327480.dunfermline-tributes-paid-legendary-former-teacher-ross
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: OzPar  
Date:   Fri 17 Feb 14:49

What a beautiful tribute in the Dunfy Press...

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: shottslass  
Date:   Fri 17 Feb 19:39

He was a lovely man - one of a kind. He sat in the side behind me in the North West stand and will be very much missed.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: brian  
Date:   Sat 18 Feb 08:59

did not know Ross, but he will be sadly missed but fondly remembered. RIP

[IP address logged]
Date:   Tue 28 Feb 18:13

The Purvis suite was absolutely mobbed for Ross`s funeral this afternoon. Not even any standing room. His family were extremely grateful and humbled at the sheer numbers who came to pay their last respects. Great to see Ross`s all time hero Roy Barry there, as was Jim Leishman, his long time friend from their school days in Lochgelly and Beath HS.

A very upbeat and poignant celebration of Ross`s life, with some great funny stories thrown in.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Tue 28 Feb 19:13

Yes a really good turnout with Tom doing Zeke proud. We forgoed the buffet and raised a glass in the east port to Zeke.
[IP address logged]
 Top of Board  |  Forum List  |  Threaded View   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 

Rows: 0
 Forum List  |  Need a Login? Register Here 
 User Login
 User Name:
 Password:
 Remember my login:

Forgot Your Password?
Enter your email address or user name below and a new password will be sent to the email address associated with your profile.
Security : type 'pars' in the box:
email:
© 2021-- DAFC.net