DAFC.net
Home 28 March 2024 
 Post Message  |  Top of Board  |  Search  |  Log In   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 
[ please login to use the Like feature ]
 Barry Humphries (d)
Topic Originator: buffy  
Date:   Sat 22 Apr 12:14

Has sadly passed away aged 89.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-65328507

”Buffy’s Buns are the finest in Fife”, J. Spence 2019”
[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: Barry Humphries (d)
Topic Originator: Parboiled  
Date:   Sat 22 Apr 14:01

What a shame, wonderful humour and so clever.

He appeared in character as Les Patterson on a talk show (Parkinson?) and completely fooled many viewers that this slobbery, rude, totally non pc guy was a genuine Aussie diplomat

I also recall an interview he did, as himself, and the chap chatting to him said later found it impossible to believe that this rather shy, witty, highly intelligent, cultured gentleman would that evening morph into the madly flamboyant Dame Edna!

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Jeffery  
Date:   Sat 22 Apr 14:48

A comedy legend RIP.

His recent purposeful mistaking of Dermot O`Leary for Phillip Schofield was absolutely genius 😂
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: OzPar  
Date:   Mon 24 Apr 02:11

Yes, there’s a palpable sense of loss here in Melbourne, akin perhaps to how Scots will feel when Billy Connolly goes. He was a comedy genius - each one of his creations were close to perfection. One of those - Sandy Stone - is probably not so well known in the UK, but is iconic in its own right. Sandy is a retired Melbourne gent who, while filled with melancholy, is beautifully observant of the Australia he sees today. Barry Humphries is one of the comedy greats. RIP

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Parboiled  
Date:   Mon 24 Apr 08:04

Ah, I noticed reference to Sandy Stone in an article and wondered why I never heard of that character before. He was for down under audiences only ?
I must see If there are any clips on line, even if I don’t get the Aussie in jokes it must be worth a watch

[IP address logged]
 Top of Board  |  Forum List  |  Threaded View   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 

Rows: 0
 Forum List  |  Need a Login? Register Here 
 User Login
 User Name:
 Password:
 Remember my login:

Forgot Your Password?
Enter your email address or user name below and a new password will be sent to the email address associated with your profile.
Security : type 'pars' in the box:
email:
© 2021-- DAFC.net