DAFC.net
Home 18 April 2024 
 Post Message  |  Top of Board  |  Search  |  Log In   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 
[ please login to use the Like feature ]
 Bruce Springsteen
Topic Originator: wee eck  
Date:   Wed 31 May 10:12

Was anyone else at Murrayfield last night to see `The Boss`? He was on stage for three hours without a break and he`s only 7 months younger than me!

I can`t say I was impressed by the signage and crowd control before the event but overall it was a good night.

[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: Bruce Springsteen
Topic Originator: sintv  
Date:   Wed 31 May 12:33

Seen him a few times. Always a high octane show.. unfortunately wife booked Turkey so dates clashed.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: da_no_1  
Date:   Wed 31 May 13:35

Quite simply the best gig I`ve been to. Totally blown away. The man is 73 for gods sake and the rest of his band can`t be far behind him. 3 hours of quality music and entertainment. I`m no superfan and knew all the hits obviously but there was so much more to them than chart toppers.

Just brilliant

"Some days will stay a 1000 years, some pass like the flash of a spark"
[IP address logged]
Date:   Wed 31 May 13:47

I didn`t realise you were a man of such discerning taste, da no 1!😊😊😊

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: GG Riva  
Date:   Thu 1 Jun 10:02

Quote:

wee eck, Wed 31 May 10:12

Was anyone else at Murrayfield last night to see `The Boss`? He was on stage for three hours without a break and he`s only 7 months younger than me!

I can`t say I was impressed by the signage and crowd control before the event but overall it was a good night.

I reckon you`d be good for at least 2hrs 50, eck. 😉

Not your average Sunday League player.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Thu 1 Jun 10:22

Allowing for walking to and from the gig it was a 5-hour session for me, GGR, but I still couldn`t pick out a chord!

There were Cockneys selling commemorative T-shirts at `half-price` on the road outside Murrayfield afterwards. Goodness knows what kind of mark-up they make if it`s worth their while to come all the way to Edinburgh for one concert. Maybe they made one trip to cover Beyonce, Harry Styles and The Boss.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: LochgellyAlbert  
Date:   Thu 1 Jun 11:45

My daughter was at Beyonce concert last week and was speaking to 2 girls from New York.
They had flown over, bought tickets and overnight stay and saved money on what it would have cost to attend her NY concert. CRAZY!
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Neil_Philp  
Date:   Thu 1 Jun 15:25

Didn`t manage to get to this one but seen him a few times before. Always a great show

COYP
[IP address logged]
-
Topic Originator: P  
Date:   Thu 1 Jun 17:55

Quote:

LochgellyAlbert, Thu 1 Jun 11:45

My daughter was at Beyonce concert last week and was speaking to 2 girls from New York.
They had flown over, bought tickets and overnight stay and saved money on what it would have cost to attend her NY concert. CRAZY!

He does dynamic pricing through ticketbsd in the US - I take it that wasn’t the case for the Murrayfield show?

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Par  
Date:   Fri 2 Jun 22:22

It`s always a brilliant show he ain`t known as The Boss for nothing.

A good film of a fantastic gig at Murrayfield

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Drsm8Kqhr28

Post Edited (Fri 02 Jun 22:25)
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: wetherby  
Date:   Mon 5 Jun 20:01

Going to see him at Villa Park next Friday , looking forward to it.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: eastendalloapar  
Date:   Wed 14 Jun 20:32

I don`t know how he has the stamina, I just wish that I had his energy. I have to add that my seat was at the opposite end of Murrayfield from the stage, and I have been at the same position at Hampden at an international match. The size of the E street band seemed miniscule in comparison to the players! Is the length of Murrayfield much longer than that of Hampden or is it my eyes have got worse with age?

matt forsyth
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: OzPar  
Date:   Wed 14 Jun 23:41

That`s the problem with stadium concerts. The personal element is gone.

I am glad you enjoyed the Springsteen show, as so many of the tours of stars who are now in their 70s and even 80s turn out to be disappointing. I`ve stopped going to them, preferring to remember the artists in their prime.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Thu 15 Jun 23:26

Quote:

OzPar, Wed 14 Jun 23:41

That`s the problem with stadium concerts. The personal element is gone.

I am glad you enjoyed the Springsteen show, as so many of the tours of stars who are now in their 70s and even 80s turn out to be disappointing. I`ve stopped going to them, preferring to remember the artists in their prime.

Well suit yourself. Springsteen was utterly immense last month.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: OzPar  
Date:   Fri 16 Jun 11:04

I was hoping you would read what I said more carefully, but true to form, that was way beyond you.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: LochgellyAlbert  
Date:   Fri 16 Jun 11:57

My son was trying to entice me to the Who gig at Edinburgh Castle, but what a price!😲💰

Told him I saw them in their prime at the Kinema Ballroom 3 times, plus there was 4 of them!

Best gigs ever!!!
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 17 Jun 08:09

Quote:

OzPar, Fri 16 Jun 11:04

I was hoping you would read what I said more carefully, but true to form, that was way beyond you.

True to form? Your post has a dig at stadium gigs and 70s and 80s performers suggesting they are past their prime. All I said was that`s your choice but Springsteen at a stadium last month was superb.

There was nothing impersonal about his performance. In fact at one point he spoke for 5 minutes about his first band and a guy in it who recently passed away making Bruce the "last man standing". It was a highly emotional moment and you could`ve heard a pin drop inside a full Murrayfield.

If you're going to post you have to be prepared for folk to disagree with you

Post Edited (Sat 17 Jun 08:10)
[IP address logged]
 Top of Board  |  Forum List  |  Threaded View   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 

Rows: 0
 Forum List  |  Need a Login? Register Here 
 User Login
 User Name:
 Password:
 Remember my login:

Forgot Your Password?
Enter your email address or user name below and a new password will be sent to the email address associated with your profile.
Security : type 'pars' in the box:
email:
© 2021-- DAFC.net