DAFC.net
Home 28 September 2024 
 Post Message  |  Top of Board  |  Search  |  Log In   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 
[ please login to use the Like feature ]
 The `Hamas is Isis` Advert
Topic Originator: Socks  
Date:   Fri 10 Nov 17:19

I know the ads we see are not directly controlled by Brian or anyone else associated with this forum (I think it`s just a generic google ads thing?) but every time I`ve been on here today I`m getting this propaganda from the Israeli government and I really don`t think it`s appropriate. Having had a quick read elsewhere, they seem to have gone into overload of propaganda ads all over the internet.

Everyone is entitled to their view on this situation, but automated propaganda like this doesn`t feel right. Is it possible for this one to be blocked?

[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: The `Hamas is Isis` Advert
Topic Originator: jake89  
Date:   Fri 10 Nov 17:54

It`s based on things you`ve been looking up. Not suggesting you`ve been looking up information about Hamas and ISIS but could have been triggered by you simply reading a news article. You could try clearing your cookies. I`m seeing adverts for Aldi 😂
[IP address logged]
Date:   Fri 10 Nov 18:17

I`m aware how it works in broad terms, but the issue is not so much me as that it is inappropriate for anyone on this forum to get this relentless propaganda. As it happens, I deleted cookies and it made no difference. I even deleted my entire internet history and the ad still persists.

As I say, I really think this one needs to be blocked. I see the ad at the top, bottom and side of a thread, as this example shows.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Fri 10 Nov 18:59

That`s bizarre. I`ve tried in the app and normal site and can`t get that to appear. You should be able to complain to whoever the adverts are run through.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Tad Allagash  
Date:   Fri 10 Nov 22:14

I did see it earlier, but now I’m getting adverts for Fixodent and French Maid’s outfits! Not sure what that says about me.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Fri 10 Nov 22:50

Quote:

Tad Allagash, Fri 10 Nov 22:14

I did see it earlier, but now I’m getting adverts for Fixodent and French Maid’s outfits! Not sure what that says about me.

Dirty, dirty boy 😂
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: red-star-par  
Date:   Fri 10 Nov 23:32

Quote:

jake89, Fri 10 Nov 22:50

Quote:

Tad Allagash, Fri 10 Nov 22:14

Dirty, dirty boy 😂

I guess it says you are old, and filthy
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: wee eck  
Date:   Fri 10 Nov 23:43

I reported direct to Brian that I was seeing ads from Scottish Labour which seemed to be in breach of the Forum rules. He said he would investigate but hasn`t come back to me about it although I haven`t seen any more of the ads.

[IP address logged]
-
Topic Originator: buffy  
Date:   Sat 11 Nov 14:26

I’m getting Ted’s adverts too.

😜

”Buffy’s Buns are the finest in Fife”, J. Spence 2019”
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: donj  
Date:   Sat 11 Nov 17:35

Use the addblock extension on your browser.I get no adds.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 11 Nov 19:20

As I said, the issue was not so much that I was getting this relentlessly, it`s more my feeling that nobody using the site should be subjected to automated propaganda from the Israeli government. It wasn`t just the `Hamas is Isis` headline - the ad also included the soundbite of `Stand with humanity, stand with Israel`. That bit I found particularly sickening, given the current actions of the Israeli government and IDF. The click-through goes to a gov.il page about Israel being under attack (I`m not sharing their propaganda by posing the link) so we can be pretty sure it does come from the Israeli government.

Can`t say I was too bothered about the Scottish Labour one, but this one just feels like too much. Having said that, it hasn`t reappeared today.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: OzPar  
Date:   Sat 11 Nov 19:57

All this rather adds to my conviction that someone or something was toying with my laptop keyboard the other day after I posted a link to an anti-Israeli YouTube video.

That said, I mentioned my cat on here recently, and now I am flooded with adverts for cat-related products.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: DBP  
Date:   Mon 13 Nov 12:51

I see whenever Israel refers to hamas now, they’re saying hamas-isis
They were even waiving an Arabic copy of mein Kampf about as proof that they’re really hamas-isis-nazis
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: yorkiepar  
Date:   Tue 14 Nov 09:24

On the subject of ads in general I emailed Brian months ago to complain about the fact that the pop-up ads cause the thread postings to jump around, sometimes making it incredibly difficult to read them. He said that this shouldn`t happen and that he would look into it. End of story.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: DBP  
Date:   Tue 14 Nov 12:00

"End of story"

Can i ask what you meant by that?

I think op question content as opposed to layout?
[IP address logged]
 Top of Board  |  Forum List  |  Threaded View   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 

Rows: 0
 Forum List  |  Need a Login? Register Here 
 User Login
 User Name:
 Password:
 Remember my login:

Forgot Your Password?
Enter your email address or user name below and a new password will be sent to the email address associated with your profile.
Security : type 'pars' in the box:
email:
© 2021-- DAFC.net