DAFC.net
Home 28 June 2024 
 Post Message  |  Top of Board  |  Search  |  Log In   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 
[ please login to use the Like feature ]
 Al Jazeera TV
Topic Originator: donj  
Date:   Sat 11 Nov 21:42

Worth watching the news as real reporting on what is happening in Gaza rather than what we get fed.

[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: Al Jazeera TV
Topic Originator: sadindiefreak  
Date:   Sat 11 Nov 22:18

Quote:

donj, Sat 11 Nov 21:42

Worth watching the news as real reporting on what is happening in Gaza rather than what we get fed.

Really, Qatari state sponsored TV reporting accurately on Gaza?
Many top leaders of Terrorist Hamas are based in Qatar.

There was a study done about 11 years ago into BBC and Al Jezeera bias on reporting operation Pillar of Defence.
It reported BBC as pro Israel and Al Jezeera Pro Palestinian.
I suggest you like it as its giving you confirmation bias.
I don`t trust either of these sources on the Middle East. I will admit that Al Jezeeras reporting on other world events outside of the Middle East is excellent.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: sammer  
Date:   Sat 11 Nov 23:23

I was restricted to Al Jazeera TV recently and can vouch for it being an outstanding reporter on Palestine. There is a very good Scottish reporter based in Gaza, one amongst many. They have lost 2 reporters due to the genocide, I believe. Around 30 reporters have been killed. The UN workers have lost 92 as of last count, figures which rarely surface in western media.

Al Jazeera also reports in real time from UN meetings, and splits the screen for dramatic effect. So I watched the US ambassador to the UN skrawk about the Hamas attack of 7 October as Gaza was being obliterated by shell fire and all its communications blacked out.

sammer
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: OzPar  
Date:   Sun 12 Nov 10:35

Al Jazeera is an excellent source of information from the Gaza Strip. The German channel DW is also worth watching.

The imbalance in reporting in the Western media is shameful, but it is important to remember that Israel bars Western journalists from entering Gaza. There is a reason for that, and it is reflected in the insane imbalance in the scale of the weaponry used by the IDF and Hamas.

The IDF has access to advanced and sophisticated modern bombs that can flatten multistory buildings instantly, turning a hundred occupants to dust. Hamas, for the most part, has pipe bombs that might leave a crater two to five feet wide. It is hit-and-miss as they mostly have no targeting ability. When they do hit, the casualties and damage are comparatively low. That is why they have tended to fire rockets in significant numbers to maximise effect and offset the defensive capabilities of Israel`s Iron Dome system.

The article below highlights the degree of destruction the Israelis have achieved in Gaza. They have dropped 25,000 tonnes of explosives, the equivalent of two nuclear bombs, in the past month. Officially, more than 10,000 are dead in Gaza, but looking at the scale of destruction so far, who would begin to estimate how many Palestinians lie lifeless beneath the enormous piles of rubble?

https://www.aljazeera.com/news/longform/2023/11/9/israel-attacks-on-gaza-weapons-and-scale-of-destruction

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Andrew283  
Date:   Sun 12 Nov 11:56

Quote:

sadindiefreak, Sat 11 Nov 22:18

Quote:

donj, Sat 11 Nov 21:42

Really, Qatari state sponsored TV reporting accurately on Gaza?
Many top leaders of Terrorist Hamas are based in Qatar.

There was a study done about 11 years ago into BBC and Al Jezeera bias on reporting operation Pillar of Defence.
It reported BBC as pro Israel and Al Jezeera Pro Palestinian.
I suggest you like it as its giving you confirmation bias.
I don`t trust either of these sources on the Middle East. I will admit that Al Jezeeras reporting on other world events outside of the Middle East is excellent.

It`s been a far better source of international news than the BBC for a number of years now
[IP address logged]
 Top of Board  |  Forum List  |  Threaded View   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 

Rows: 0
 Forum List  |  Need a Login? Register Here 
 User Login
 User Name:
 Password:
 Remember my login:

Forgot Your Password?
Enter your email address or user name below and a new password will be sent to the email address associated with your profile.
Security : type 'pars' in the box:
email:
© 2021-- DAFC.net