DAFC.net
Home 08 May 2024 
 Post Message  |  Top of Board  |  Search  |  Log In   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 
[ please login to use the Like feature ]
 John Pilger (D)
Topic Originator: OzPar  
Date:   Mon 1 Jan 00:31

Very sad to report the death of John Pilger, one of the greatest journalists of our time. A couple of weeks ago, I mentioned on a thread here that I had three Pilger books on my bookshelf in the sitting room. He greatly influenced how I have viewed the world since the 1970s.

John Pilger produced some remarkable and ground-breaking documentaries, exposing many atrocities that other journalists tended to avoid. His `Cambodia Year Zero` was the first time most people in the West became aware of the murderous Khmer Rouge regime. Over the years, he fearlessly challenged many political regimes around the world, including his native Australia`s behaviour towards Aboriginals and the injustices of the Iraq War, and he often highlighted the Palestinian cause. Later in life, he tirelessly fought for the release of Julian Assange.

RIP John Pilger. A truly important man.

[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: John Pilger (D)
Topic Originator: Buspasspar  
Date:   Mon 1 Jan 09:23

A great campaign journalist for human rights .. RIP John

We are forever shaped by the Children we once were
[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Top of Board  |  Forum List  |  Threaded View   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 

Rows: 0
 Forum List  |  Need a Login? Register Here 
 User Login
 User Name:
 Password:
 Remember my login:

Forgot Your Password?
Enter your email address or user name below and a new password will be sent to the email address associated with your profile.
Security : type 'pars' in the box:
email:
© 2021-- DAFC.net