DAFC.net
Home 27 April 2024 
 Post Message  |  Top of Board  |  Search  |  Log In   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 
[ please login to use the Like feature ]
 Rochdale Grooming Gangs
Topic Originator: Buspasspar  
Date:   Mon 15 Jan 09:22

Disturbing and distressing that the only people who these kids could turn to for help Ignored them and allowed the sexual abuse to continue .. Shame on them all I hope they rot in hell

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-manchester-67967919

We are forever shaped by the Children we once were
[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: Rochdale Grooming Gangs
Topic Originator: DunfyDave  
Date:   Mon 15 Jan 09:40

Absolutely awful....

Unbelievable that it has taken a decade to take such small steps forward considering the gravity of the crimes over helpless young girls?

DunfyDave
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: veteraneastender  
Date:   Mon 15 Jan 21:17

Correct me if I’m wrong - but wasn’t there a strong consensus of local opinion that both the police and councillors were wary of being labelled racist because the alleged perpetrators were Asians ?
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: LochgellyAlbert  
Date:   Mon 15 Jan 22:55

Wasn`t Cyril Smith MP involved in paedophile activities in his constituency of Rochdale?

Maybe mentioned in the dossiers that Teresa May conveniently lost!

Post Edited (Mon 15 Jan 22:57)
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Luxembourg Par  
Date:   Tue 16 Jan 09:58

Quote:

DunfyDave, Mon 15 Jan 09:40

Absolutely awful....

Unbelievable that it has taken a decade to take such small steps forward considering the gravity of the crimes over helpless young girls?

If they need a volunteer to pull the trigger…

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: jake89  
Date:   Tue 16 Jan 11:01

It goes beyond just the police and the people who were jailed. There was a "community" of people facilitating the abuse and a police force who were turning a blind eye.

The religion or race of the "men" involved should be irrelevant, but not if it`s the reason the police turned a blind eye. Everyone should be treated equally. There`s no "oh, it`s their culture" or "oh, he`s old and doesn`t understand.". If you abuse someone you should be punished.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Tue 16 Jan 11:16

Wasn’t there a BBC drama on this a few years ago - if memory serves one of the key problems moving a prosecution forward was the strong reluctance of any the victims to go on record formally naming names etc ?
Eventually one girl did and others felt confident to follow her lead.
Question is how far up the Police chain of command was there a decision not to pursue the allegations ?
I have a recollection the buck stopped at a sergeant - which is a shocking state of affairs if true.
Tragically similar going on elsewhere in England - Rotherham, for example, really shocking.

Post Edited (Tue 16 Jan 11:48)
[IP address logged]
Date:   Tue 16 Jan 11:56

I followed some of the early stuff vee and it was alleged by some that the reason the police did not make arrests at the time was that some of the police were active in the abuse

One case when a girl who had been plied with alcohol complained she had been sexually abused she was detained for underage drinking

Another case the a girl who I think was referred to as Amber took her clothes to the police station as they had traces of semen on them .. The Police lost them

It was a tragic conspired failing by all involved .. They should now be prosecuted

[IP address logged]
-
Date:   Tue 16 Jan 13:23

That BBC drama three parter was called “3 Girls” - the only police officer to come out with any respect was the female who resigned and was effectively a whistleblower.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: red-star-par  
Date:   Tue 16 Jan 14:22

Quote:

Buspasspar, Tue 16 Jan 11:56

I followed some of the early stuff vee and it was alleged by some that the reason the police did not make arrests at the time was that some of the police were active in the abuse

One case when a girl who had been plied with alcohol complained she had been sexually abused she was detained for underage drinking

Another case the a girl who I think was referred to as Amber took her clothes to the police station as they had traces of semen on them .. The Police lost them

It was a tragic conspired failing by all involved .. They should now be prosecuted

I think we all know by now that the police force attracts some very unsavoury characters who like the power the uniform has over other people.
I wonder if it`s the case that this was swept under the carpet due to police involvement in the abuse at various levels in the command
[IP address logged]
Date:   Thu 18 Jan 11:15

I had a read up on the Rotherham case again - just as disturbing, if not more so, than Rochdale….. if such were possible.

That’s South Yorkshire Police territory - and we all know their reported track record in different controversial occurences.

Just as concerning is a list of similar disgusting stories in several other parts of England.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Parboiled  
Date:   Thu 18 Jan 14:53

Careful VE, Baroness Warsi will be monitoring this stuff…

[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 20 Jan 09:34

Quote:

Parboiled, Thu 18 Jan 14:53

Careful VE, Baroness Warsi will be monitoring this stuff…

I had to look up Google.

Is it the ethnicity issue of the perpetrators ?
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 20 Jan 12:03

The home secretary, Sajid Javid, has defended calling a convicted sexual grooming gang “sick Asian paedophiles”, arguing that noting the ethnicity of the perpetrators was a key element in tackling such crimes.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 20 Jan 14:23

If the cap fits etc.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Andrew283  
Date:   Fri 2 Feb 12:49

And people wonder why trust in police officers is at an all time low
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Wotsit  
Date:   Fri 2 Feb 23:44

The report into failings around the gangs was very clear in stating that the ethnicity of the perpetrators was far less of an issue than the police attitude to the victims, who were dismissed or further victimised because of their socio-economic background.

The children involved were from extremely deprived and neglectful families, were often involved in petty crime and were therefore almost all well known to police.

On a surface level the children were enthusiastic participants in what was going on: they were given adult attention and gifts - but obviously they are children so had been targeted, groomed, and horrifically abused but because they were criminally active and had been economically rather than physically coerced they were seen as being responsible for "their own" actions.

One particularly disgusting incident reported was when a police officer described the children who were being abused as "just little slags."

The police believed the victims, they just felt that they had brought it upon themselves.

Obviously the powers that be would rather the police were described as being afraid of being seen as racists over being described as victimising or dismissive of the rights of underprivileged children.

I wasn`t aware that there were/are indications/claims that police officers were directly involved in the abuse though.

"Who you are and what you feel comes not just from inside you, but from where you are in the power structure"

Post Edited (Fri 02 Feb 23:48)
[IP address logged]
Date:   Fri 2 Feb 23:57

Quote:

veteraneastender, Sat 20 Jan 14:23

If the cap fits etc.

Was Jimmy Saville`s ethnicity ever mentioned in relation to his crimes?

Why were he, Cyrill Smith and their disgusting mob never referred to as a "white paedophile gang?"

That cap also fits.

"Who you are and what you feel comes not just from inside you, but from where you are in the power structure"
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: LochgellyAlbert  
Date:   Sat 3 Feb 09:11

Are these all the files that Teresa May "lost"?
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 3 Feb 09:30

I wasn`t aware that there were/are indications/claims that police officers were directly involved in the abuse though.

Wotsit .. I may have confused you in my reply to vee .. It was the Rotherham abuse case that I read that the police were allegedly involved

[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 3 Feb 09:45

Topic Originator: LochgellyAlbert like
Date: Sat 3 Feb 09:11

Are these all the files that Teresa May "lost"?

LA .. If you post me an e-mail address I will send you an article I don`t want to post on here .. re the above

[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 3 Feb 14:14

Wotsit .. I may have confused you in my reply to vee .. It was the Rotherham abuse case that I read that the police were allegedly involved

Ahh, sorry BPP. I won`t lie - I do sometimes mix them up due to being a bit dim and the names being a bit similar.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 3 Feb 21:19

"Was Jimmy Saville`s ethnicity ever mentioned in relation to his crimes?

Why were he, Cyrill Smith and their disgusting mob never referred to as a "white paedophile gang?"

That cap also fits."

Because there was no gang.

Neither were part of any organised paedaphile gang, nor were they of Asian immigrant background.

In Smith`s case a high profile enquiry found no evidence of an organised ring.

It was the ethnicity of the alleged perpetrators that largely made the authorities wary of being perceived as racially motivated.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 3 Feb 23:10

It was the ethnicity of the alleged perpetrators that largely made the authorities wary of being perceived as racially motivated.

That`s not what the report says. That's the police excuse, however the report says that the police failed to act largely because of the socio-economic background of the victims. Same with Saville and with the vast majority of police failings to act on organised abuse of children.

Neither were part of any organised paedaphile gang

Ok then:

Paul Brannan, Elaine Lannery, Scott Forbes, Iain Owens, John Clark and Barry Watson in Glasgow?

Or John Denham, Matthew Stansfield, Matthew Lisk, David Harsley, Robin Hollyson, Christopher Knight and Adam Tom in Manchester?

Or James Evans, David Baker, Mark Smith, Natalie Wellington, Tracy Baker, Kirsty Webb, Phillip Wellington, Ann Clare, Pamela Howells, Lee Webb, David Evans, Jason Evans, Luke Baker, Natasha Webb, Matthew Evans, John Griffiths and Violet Griffiths in the West Midlands?

...need I go on?

All of these are more recent than the Rochdale case and none of the reports I can find describe their ethnicity at any point, despite every one of the perpetrators being from a white background.

Post Edited (Sat 03 Feb 23:41)
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 4 Feb 09:14

I never said anything about the report other than it concluded that Smith was not part of any paedophile ring.

What I said stands scrutiny, separate from any other matters - he and Saville were not involved in an organised group.

Indeed, as you correctly indicate, the ethnicity of the alleged perpetrators was the central excuse for police inaction where Asians were involved, likewise the local authority.

That was the elephant in the room issue.

Organised paedophile gangs in Manchester, Glasgow and Manchester would presumably be white ? Not sure how they come into this ?

Post Edited (Sun 04 Feb 09:15)
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 4 Feb 09:25

The point is that ethnicity isn`t brought up if the perpetrators were white, only if they were Asian.

I should have been clearer that I was referring specifically to the report into failings around the Rochdale gang in my second paragraph and press reports in my last paragraph. Apologies for the ambiguity.

Post Edited (Sun 04 Feb 09:35)
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: The One Who Knocks  
Date:   Sun 4 Feb 10:20

I agree with the point your making Wotsit. The only thing I`d add, and I don`t know the answer, is were those who were targeted by these grooming gangs all of the same ethnicity or did they only target individuals from a different ethnicity to their own?

And although my eyes were open
They just might as well be closed
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Alter Ego  
Date:   Sun 4 Feb 18:41

Disgusting Muslim males grooming young white girls for sex….mind you do they not marry young girls and pay their families for them over there?

Mon the Pars!
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 4 Feb 20:41

All religions are disgusting over there imo… their infatuation with young girls is not right but Allah and his pedo principles is just not right🤷

Mon the Pars!
[IP address logged]
Date:   Mon 5 Feb 12:57

Quote:

Alter Ego, Sun 4 Feb 20:41

All religions are disgusting over there imo… their infatuation with young girls is not right but Allah and his pedo principles is just not right🤷

Our Catholic church doesn`t have the cleanest history itself
[IP address logged]
Date:   Mon 5 Feb 19:12

All religin is evil tbh!

Mon the Pars!
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: EastEndTales  
Date:   Tue 6 Feb 18:52

I ate the Flying Spagetti monster for tea.

Ep.16 of East End Tales is out now with Steven Mill

https://www.buzzsprout.com/1972630/14949749
[IP address logged]
Date:   Tue 6 Feb 21:03

Just have a look at what the Muslim bible book believes in and it’s disgusting. And our bible book… I can’t believe anyone lives by a book written 100’s of years ago🤷

Mon the Pars!
[IP address logged]
Date:   Tue 6 Feb 21:56

Quote:

Alter Ego, Tue 6 Feb 21:03

Just have a look at what the Muslim bible book believes in and it’s disgusting. And our bible book… I can’t believe anyone lives by a book written 100’s of years ago🤷

Can you summarise it for us, and let us know what you think is disgusting about it
[IP address logged]
Date:   Fri 9 Feb 21:28

Eh marrying and paying for young girls… disgusting and a vile religion. Like any other religion with their beliefs….

Mon the Pars!
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 11 Feb 19:30

Oh Dear .. from aunty :-

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-manchester-68269292

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Dave_1885  
Date:   Sun 11 Feb 19:44

Quote:

Buspasspar, Sun 11 Feb 19:30

The racists are out in full force on X demanding to know their race, nationality, religion etc etc and already claiming they are immigrants that are actually 30 years old…
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 11 Feb 23:09

Quote:

Dave_1885, Sun 11 Feb 19:44

Quote:

Buspasspar, Sun 11 Feb 19:30

The racists are out in full force on X demanding to know their race, nationality, religion etc etc and already claiming they are immigrants that are actually 30 years old…

Deary me, when I was 12, I was still playing with my Star Wars toys
[IP address logged]
Date:   Tue 13 Feb 09:12

I see the Labour candidate in the upcoming Rochdale by-election has shot himself in the foot with comments construed as anti semetic and has had party support withdrawn.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Tue 13 Feb 13:48

Quote:

veteraneastender, Tue 13 Feb 09:12

I see the Labour candidate in the upcoming Rochdale by-election has shot himself in the foot with comments construed as anti semetic and has had party support withdrawn.

Not seen the quote, but I`m going to guess it was probably more anti-zionist than antisemitic.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: EastEndTales  
Date:   Tue 13 Feb 16:22

Quote:

Andrew283, Tue 13 Feb 13:48

Quote:

veteraneastender, Tue 13 Feb 09:12

Not seen the quote, but I`m going to guess it was probably more anti-zionist than antisemitic.

Which is becoming a problem. I`m seeing examples of people being labeled anti semitic when they`re opposing what`s going on in Gaza. Its a dangerous road to go.

Ep.16 of East End Tales is out now with Steven Mill

https://www.buzzsprout.com/1972630/14949749
[IP address logged]
Date:   Tue 13 Feb 18:42

From Aunty :-

Labour has suspended a second parliamentary candidate after allegations that he made comments about Israel.

Former Hyndburn MP Graham Jones is also facing an investigation, the BBC understands.

It comes after Labour withdrew support for the party`s candidate for the Rochdale by-election, Azhar Ali, for apparently making antisemitic remarks.

Mr Jones has been contacted for comment.

Labour had selected Mr Jones to contest his former Lancashire seat in the upcoming general election.

But, on Tuesday audio emerged allegedly of the former MP arguing that British people who fight in the Israel Defence Forces "should be locked up" and using an expletive to refer to the country.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: DBP  
Date:   Tue 13 Feb 21:18

We either show people to fight in foreign armies or we don’t…

It shouldn’t only be ok if the government of the day ‘like’ that group.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: sadindiefreak  
Date:   Wed 14 Feb 03:24

Quote:

DBP, Tue 13 Feb 21:18

We either show people to fight in foreign armies or we don’t…

It shouldn’t only be ok if the government of the day ‘like’ that group.

Only people with dual nationality can join the armed forces of their other nationality. Its not just anyone who is allowed.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: DBP  
Date:   Wed 14 Feb 12:56

Never been applied in any recent conflicts, as long as it’s a friendly country…

In fact Liz truss stated support for uk citizens to go off and fight for Ukraine - wonder if she’d been so happy if someone fought for Russia?
[IP address logged]
Date:   Wed 14 Feb 13:15

Can someone point out how that is anti semetic? That`s blatant anti-zionist. Jesus christ....
[IP address logged]
 Top of Board  |  Forum List  |  Threaded View   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 

Rows: 0
 Forum List  |  Need a Login? Register Here 
 User Login
 User Name:
 Password:
 Remember my login:

Forgot Your Password?
Enter your email address or user name below and a new password will be sent to the email address associated with your profile.
Security : type 'pars' in the box:
email:
© 2021-- DAFC.net