DAFC.net
Home 27 April 2024 
 Post Message  |  Top of Board  |  Search  |  Log In   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 
[ please login to use the Like feature ]
 Saddos in cafe rage
Topic Originator: Parboiled  
Date:   Mon 12 Feb 11:41

Redcoat cafe in Edinburgh castle reopens after refurbishment. Nats including current and former politicos howling with rage - fire bomb it, boycott it, close it down, give it one star reviews on X etc etc…

Sympathy to those who have missed out on 20 years of grievance hee hee

Us Yoons can only look on and snigger, more room for normal folk!

[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: Saddos in cafe rage
Topic Originator: wee eck  
Date:   Mon 12 Feb 11:51

Goodness knows what you`re on about but God help us if you`re an example of `normal folk`.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Mon 12 Feb 12:06

Give it a google eck…it’s a great help for oldies.

How about meeting up there, they do a nice Cumberland sausage, English breakfast tea and Empire biscuits!

[IP address logged]
Date:   Mon 12 Feb 12:28

I`ve got better things to with my time, thanks, with reference to both invitations.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: jake89  
Date:   Mon 12 Feb 12:36

I can`t imagine many Scots are regular users of said cafe given it`s at a tourist attraction.

Whilst the name is crap, it`s had that name for years.

Yet another distraction from the real challenges in the UK and Scotland though.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Wotsit  
Date:   Mon 12 Feb 13:09

Won`t be attracting many tourists from former British colonies with that name either.

Name a former British colony and there`s likely to be an atrocity committed there by the British army, and if you go back far enough they will have been wearing red jackets whilst on the slaughter.

"Who you are and what you feel comes not just from inside you, but from where you are in the power structure"
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Dave_1885  
Date:   Mon 12 Feb 13:18

Quote:

Wotsit, Mon 12 Feb 13:09

Won`t be attracting many tourists from former British colonies with that name either.

Name a former British colony and there`s likely to be an atrocity committed there by the British army, and if you go back far enough they will have been wearing red jackets whilst on the slaughter.

I doubt former colonies are their target audiences to be fair - most likely Europeans and Far Easterns will be the aim. Americans will go no doubt as they aren’t the most clever people on the planet!
[IP address logged]
Date:   Mon 12 Feb 16:29

Good grief the Face Painter dole happy mob have got a petition going to demand a name change.
Redcoats stand firm against this bullying. Fix bayonets!

[IP address logged]
-
Topic Originator: fcda  
Date:   Mon 12 Feb 17:36

Politics forum for this p*sh.

Though it is funny they it`s actually you that is so wound up by the story that you feel the need to post it, rather than the other way round, lol.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: dafc  
Date:   Mon 12 Feb 17:38

It’s had that name for decades, suddenly MSPs, MPs in outrage over a name that’s been used for years and even hosted SNP events. The threats being made online are ridiculous but not unusual unfortunately for a minority of SNP supporters who appear mentally unhinged and have a complete lack of the names history.
You’d think MSPs, MPs would have more on their mind like deleted WhatsApp and killing hundreds of Scot’s themselves in care homes, and having highest income tax on UK and basically failing in every aspect.
Good to try and deflect.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: LochgellyAlbert  
Date:   Mon 12 Feb 17:50

Quote:

dafc, Mon 12 Feb 17:38

It’s had that name for decades, suddenly MSPs, MPs in outrage over a name that’s been used for years and even hosted SNP events. The threats being made online are ridiculous but not unusual unfortunately for a minority of SNP supporters who appear mentally unhinged and have a complete lack of the names history.
You’d think MSPs, MPs would have more on their mind like deleted WhatsApp and killing hundreds of Scot’s themselves in care homes, and having highest income tax on UK and basically failing in every aspect.
Good to try and deflect.

First post?🤔
[IP address logged]
Date:   Mon 12 Feb 18:17

Another Daily Mail reader?

[IP address logged]
Date:   Wed 14 Feb 10:39

Tricia Marwick ex Presiding Officer ex /NHS Fife waste of space, and our very own Dougie Chapman getting filleted in the Hootsman today..”dizzying heights of pathetic embarrassment” etc.

One could indeed cringe if it wasn’t so funny. Dougie in particular has been a reliable source of merriment for years!

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Andrew283  
Date:   Wed 14 Feb 14:15

Quote:

Parboiled, Wed 14 Feb 10:39

Tricia Marwick ex Presiding Officer ex /NHS Fife waste of space, and our very own Dougie Chapman getting filleted in the Hootsman today..”dizzying heights of pathetic embarrassment” etc.

One could indeed cringe if it wasn’t so funny. Dougie in particular has been a reliable source of merriment for years!

You really do type like your brain is some kind of soup, I hope you realise
[IP address logged]
Date:   Wed 14 Feb 15:43

It won`t be Scotch Broth, that`s for sure.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: veteraneastender  
Date:   Wed 14 Feb 18:07

What a load of nonsense - AFAIK Scottish battalions only stopped wearing scarlet tunics in ceremonial uniform just before WW1.

The red tunics for active service was abandoned in the Boer War, a lesson learned far too late.

I`m sure there is a photo of a highland regiment in a major review at Aldershot in 1936 in that dress, the last time it was worn.

The Scots Guards still do of course.

Some folk get offended for no reason.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Wed 14 Feb 18:11

What`s the point of calling it the Redcoat Cafe then?

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: da_no_1  
Date:   Wed 14 Feb 18:40

I thought Redcoats did the entertainment at Butlins. Now that I`ve seen that it's definitely not a tribute to Bradley Walsh and Shane Richie I too have decided to become offended and my head has left my shoulders with rage.

"Some days will stay a 1000 years, some pass like the flash of a spark"

Post Edited (Wed 14 Feb 18:41)
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: The One Who Knocks  
Date:   Wed 14 Feb 18:45

I think it`s just because the Redcoats have a historic link to the Castle. In centuries gone by perhaps had their been a cafe at the castle it would have been frequented by Redcoat spending their pennies on ale and broth. You know something catchy for the tourists to chew on as they chew on their meal deal sandwiches. I believe there is also a conference room for hire called the Jacobite Room. Again probably named so because of the Jacobites historic link to the Castle.

And although my eyes were open
They just might as well be closed
[IP address logged]
Date:   Wed 14 Feb 18:58

I think both names are now to be reconsidered. Maybe we should think again about Legends. How about renaming it the Rovers` Return?

[IP address logged]
Date:   Wed 14 Feb 21:34

Baxters scotch broth eck ..another company that attracted the wrath of pathetic Saltire twirlers like you!

[IP address logged]
Date:   Wed 14 Feb 22:14

I`ve never twirled a Saltire in my life but I defend anyone`s right to.
[IP address logged]
 Top of Board  |  Forum List  |  Threaded View   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 

Rows: 0
 Forum List  |  Need a Login? Register Here 
 User Login
 User Name:
 Password:
 Remember my login:

Forgot Your Password?
Enter your email address or user name below and a new password will be sent to the email address associated with your profile.
Security : type 'pars' in the box:
email:
© 2021-- DAFC.net