DAFC.net
Home 27 April 2024 
 Post Message  |  Top of Board  |  Search  |  Log In   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 
[ please login to use the Like feature ]
 Full English/Scottish
Topic Originator: Parboiled  
Date:   Thu 7 Mar 09:45

A study has shown that consuming a cooked breakfast makes men more attractive to the opposite sex. Gets hormones buzzing apparently.
I’m not sure that that referring to “ opposite sex” is permissible these days, but moving on…

Speaking for myself my brawhoodity is beyond improvement and a layer of chunky Oxford marmalade on toast does me, but who would benefit from a big greasy fry up?

[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: Full English/Scottish
Topic Originator: Buspasspar  
Date:   Thu 7 Mar 11:42

I never had you down as a Daily Star reader parboiled

We are forever shaped by the Children we once were
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: EastEndTales  
Date:   Thu 7 Mar 14:34

Had him as a Beano fan.

Ep.16 of East End Tales is out now with Steven Mill

https://www.buzzsprout.com/1972630/14949749
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: red-star-par  
Date:   Thu 7 Mar 14:55

Quote:

Buspasspar, Thu 7 Mar 11:42

I never had you down as a Daily Star reader parboiled

On this occasion, never mind what he reads, let`s get stuck into the fry-ups!
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: DunfyDave  
Date:   Thu 7 Mar 15:24

I use Lynx Africa every time 👍

DunfyDave

Post Edited (Thu 07 Mar 15:25)
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: OzPar  
Date:   Fri 8 Mar 04:44

Reading about Full English and Full Scottish breakfasts brings a nostalgic tear to these old weather-beaten eyes.

Here in Oz, you would be hard-pressed to find anything resembling a Scottish pork sausage or a Lorne-style square sausage. Our butcher products might look similar but taste entirely different from Scottish products. The same is true with bacon, which always tastes smoky here. No matter how hard Aussie butchers try, their efforts at black pudding fall short.

I presume this is largely down to the base products—maybe our pigs are different from those in Scotland or England, or they are fed differently. And I can`t say I have noticed a blackface sheep over here; it`s primarily merinos, which are much bigger and bred for wool and meat.

Little wonder then that the average Aussie breakfast is inferior fare in comparison... often the highlight is toast with a wee bit of vegemite scraped over the top.

:)

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: DunfyDave  
Date:   Fri 8 Mar 17:52

Quote:

OzPar, Fri 8 Mar 04:44

Reading about Full English and Full Scottish breakfasts brings a nostalgic tear to these old weather-beaten eyes.

Here in Oz, you would be hard-pressed to find anything resembling a Scottish pork sausage or a Lorne-style square sausage. Our butcher products might look similar but taste entirely different from Scottish products. The same is true with bacon, which always tastes smoky here. No matter how hard Aussie butchers try, their efforts at black pudding fall short.

I presume this is largely down to the base products—maybe our pigs are different from those in Scotland or England, or they are fed differently. And I can`t say I have noticed a blackface sheep over here; it`s primarily merinos, which are much bigger and bred for wool and meat.

Little wonder then that the average Aussie breakfast is inferior fare in comparison... often the highlight is toast with a wee bit of vegemite scraped over the top.

:)

Loved the Chicken Parmagiana at the RSL Clubs in Oz 👍

DunfyDave
[IP address logged]
 Top of Board  |  Forum List  |  Threaded View   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 

Rows: 0
 Forum List  |  Need a Login? Register Here 
 User Login
 User Name:
 Password:
 Remember my login:

Forgot Your Password?
Enter your email address or user name below and a new password will be sent to the email address associated with your profile.
Security : type 'pars' in the box:
email:
© 2021-- DAFC.net