DAFC.net
Home 21 June 2024 
 Post Message  |  Top of Board  |  Search  |  Log In   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 
[ please login to use the Like feature ]
 Future ticketing event? Caution
Topic Originator: fergie  
Date:   Thu 16 May 18:55

I received an email today, apparently from "DAFC," asking me to download a link for an event tied to renewing my season ticket. This has to be a scam with the email address being overseas as shown below. Noreply@futureticketing.ie
I would advise caution to all if you recieve a similar email
[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: Future ticketing event? Caution
Topic Originator: red-star-par  
Date:   Thu 16 May 19:03

Quote:

fergie, Thu 16 May 18:55

I received an email today, apparently from "DAFC," asking me to download a link for an event tied to renewing my season ticket. This has to be a scam with the email address being overseas as shown below. Noreply@futureticketing.ie
I would advise caution to all if you recieve a similar email

Thanks for highlighting this, might be a good idea to put on the Football forum too, for a wider audience. I wonder if they have got email addresses from somewhere and are specifically targeting Pars fans?
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: veteraneastender  
Date:   Thu 16 May 19:28

Office 244
Manchester Business Park
3000 Aviator Way
Manchester
M22 5TG

It lists this UK office - it`s based in the Republic of Ireland and seems to be kosher.

Not sure why a fan would want to renew a season ticket via a third party though - direct to the club is surely the best option?

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: JTH123  
Date:   Thu 16 May 22:43

Quote:

veteraneastender, Thu 16 May 19:28

Office 244
Manchester Business Park
3000 Aviator Way
Manchester
M22 5TG

It lists this UK office - it`s based in the Republic of Ireland and seems to be kosher.

Not sure why a fan would want to renew a season ticket via a third party though - direct to the club is surely the best option?

I have the email too. The question is, how did they get my address ?
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: buffy  
Date:   Thu 16 May 23:28

Not a scam going by the club website. When you’re asked to download the club ticketing app it opens up futureticketing.ie and you can then create an account to buy / renew season tickets.

A lot of clubs use this site.

”Buffy’s Buns are the finest in Fife”, J. Spence 2019”

Post Edited (Thu 16 May 23:31)
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: fergie  
Date:   Fri 17 May 11:06

Pretty poorly thought out if this is a legit message, then? There are no details confirming validity to DAFC with the email, only a click to download a link. Considering the various information campaigns relating to avoiding online scams, this is utterly brainless in its approach.
Some of the points of the Avoid Scams campaign are to check email addresses and never download unknown links? However, this is exactly what we are expected to do?
It`s all very bizarre
[IP address logged]
 Top of Board  |  Forum List  |  Threaded View   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 

Rows: 0
 Forum List  |  Need a Login? Register Here 
 User Login
 User Name:
 Password:
 Remember my login:

Forgot Your Password?
Enter your email address or user name below and a new password will be sent to the email address associated with your profile.
Security : type 'pars' in the box:
email:
© 2021-- DAFC.net