DAFC.net
Home 30 April 2024 
 Post Message  |  Top of Board  |  Search  |  Log In   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 
[ please login to use the Like feature ]
 Josh Edwards
Topic Originator: 2004Par  
Date:   Thu 11 Apr 17:35

Oxford and Lincoln interested in him,Probably the last season we will see him in a pars strip good luck luck to him if he goes.https://www.footballinsider247.com/oxford-united-and-lincoln-city-race-to-sign-dunfermline-ace-josh-edwards-sources/

Post Edited (Thu 11 Apr 17:35)
[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: Josh Edwards
Topic Originator: wee eck  
Date:   Thu 11 Apr 18:08

They are both in the top half of League 1. I think he would have to improve his final ball to make an impression there.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: cammypar 1995  
Date:   Thu 11 Apr 19:45

If we can get anything close to the 100k we were apparently offered in January we should take it all day long.

c'mon the pars
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: RossF  
Date:   Thu 11 Apr 19:59

Both challenging for the playoffs to the championship. If he did leave I’d hope to see him goto Lincoln, who are a lower league club I’ve always had a soft spot for. I’d be surprised if he stays in the summer if we can get some money for him and he does deserve a chance in England so he can further his career and get more money.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Alter Ego  
Date:   Thu 11 Apr 20:49

Tbh he’s not been at his best this season as I think he was looking for a move… so get the £100k in and improve the team.

Mon the Pars!
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: DBA  
Date:   Thu 11 Apr 22:49

Josh has barely missed a game in 3/4 years. Only 23 years old with around 200 first team appearances. He`s come on leaps and bounds since we signed him.

Despite a few poorer performances in recent weeks, he`s still our biggest asset and if he doesn`t go in the summer, he`ll be away next year. I`ve no doubts that he`ll easily be playing in the Scottish Prem or decent English level in the next 18 months. Hopefully in the Premier League with us!
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Rusty Shackleford  
Date:   Thu 11 Apr 23:05

Quote:

DBA, Thu 11 Apr 22:49

Josh has barely missed a game in 3/4 years. Only 23 years old with around 200 first team appearances. He`s come on leaps and bounds since we signed him.

Despite a few poorer performances in recent weeks, he`s still our biggest asset and if he doesn`t go in the summer, he`ll be away next year. I`ve no doubts that he`ll easily be playing in the Scottish Prem or decent English level in the next 18 months. Hopefully in the Premier League with us!

I`d dispute he`s our biggest asset but it`s nice to see a post arguing for us to keep hold of a very important player as opposed to "let`s punt him for a tenth of our operating loss".
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Indiapar  
Date:   Thu 11 Apr 23:31

If a good opportunity arises, good luck to him. Over the course, he has done really well for us. I`m sure he will have interest in the summer, and we are about developing players who may or may not want to move on to better things. We have to facilitate that. The knock-on effect for us would be to attract other young talent looking for a similar opportunity and route to a higher standard of football. He is the right age for the next step in his career.
[IP address logged]
-
Date:   Thu 11 Apr 23:59

Quote:

Rusty Shackleford, Thu 11 Apr 23:05

Quote:

I`d dispute he`s our biggest asset but it`s nice to see a post arguing for us to keep hold of a very important player as opposed to "let`s punt him for a tenth of our operating loss".

Out of interest, who do you think is our biggest asset?

Only 2 close IMO are Otoo and Todd. Both have less appearances than Josh had at their ages. That`s not to say they can`t pass him, and I`d certainly not argue against them!
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Dave_1885  
Date:   Fri 12 Apr 10:12

If he moves on then would like to see Fenton get his chance as his replacement. Keep it in house even more.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: LEGEND85  
Date:   Fri 12 Apr 10:43

I`ve seen it mentioned that welch-hayes has been an upgrade on Comrie I would argue he looks a more complete player than Edwards as well.

So it might not be a bad thing for him to move on and get a replacement or go with Fenton.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Fri 12 Apr 10:50

Left back is the one position we haven`t had any experienced cover for this season so, if Edwards goes, even if Fenton is considered to be an adequate replacement we`ll need an alternative in that position.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Rusty Shackleford  
Date:   Fri 12 Apr 11:58

Quote:

DBA, Thu 11 Apr 23:59

Quote:

Rusty Shackleford, Thu 11 Apr 23:05

Quote:

Out of interest, who do you think is our biggest asset?

Only 2 close IMO are Otoo and Todd. Both have less appearances than Josh had at their ages. That`s not to say they can`t pass him, and I`d certainly not argue against them!

I think Todd and Otoo have bigger potential upsides for future sell on fees. I`d have Josh slightly behind in a group with Fisher and KRH but who knows, it`s all guesswork isn`t it.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Row_ZZ  
Date:   Fri 12 Apr 12:08

I would give Fenton a chance. He has looked a good player any time I`ve seen him. If we want to be going down the youth route, got to be giving chances to guys we have that are looking promising. I reckon we could get MWH and MFW with the money and not have to break the bank, whilst promoting a youth player.

"A smile might be good!"
"Nothing to smile about in my life"
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: red-star-par  
Date:   Fri 12 Apr 13:49

Miles Welch Hayes has been okay, but he has made some mistakes, I prefer Comrie who is more consistent. Edwards hasn`t had a great season but he is still pretty solid and dependable. Rarely makes a bad mistake. If he could get better at crossing he would be a very good player in this league.
If a bid of more than 200k came in for him, he is replaceable. Even someone like Lewis Strapp from Morton would do a turn for us
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Raymie the Legend  
Date:   Fri 12 Apr 14:07

Quote:

Row_ZZ, Fri 12 Apr 12:08

I would give Fenton a chance. He has looked a good player any time I`ve seen him. If we want to be going down the youth route, got to be giving chances to guys we have that are looking promising. I reckon we could get MWH and MFW with the money and not have to break the bank, whilst promoting a youth player.

There were times when we were struggling for defenders and he couldn’t get a start, so he might go out on loan next season ?

It`s bloody tough being a legend
Ron Atkinson - 1983

Post Edited (Fri 12 Apr 14:09)
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Berry  
Date:   Fri 12 Apr 14:20

I don’t think some are giving Edwards the due credit he deserves.

He’s been a mainstay in our team, Mr Dependable, some of the balls he puts into the box have been excellent, he’s scored goals, defensively sound and there’s no doubt he puts some shift in each week.

This isn’t the first time he’s been a target of other clubs which evidences how good a player we have on our hands.

Personally, thinking about his career, I’m not convinced moving to a Lincoln or Oxford would be longer term the right decision, Barnsley at the time perhaps would’ve been a better shout had the offer been accepted, if ofcourse he wanted to go.

It’ll be a difficult decision for him and a risk either way, just hope whatever decision the club and he makes is the right one.

I’d think if £100k or thereabouts is the fee , I genuinely think that’s very cheap for such a young player with potential, and should be looking for more.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Bandy  
Date:   Fri 12 Apr 14:27

ARe we definitely due a fee for Edwards - I thought he was out of contract this summer? Did he sign a new deal?

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: weemike  
Date:   Fri 12 Apr 14:31

I don`t think it was the fee that was the sticking point, perhaps lack of a decent sell on was the reason it was rejected,

You don`t get much for 100k these days

Otoo and KRH must`ve been at least 50k with add-ons and sell on, buy back options etc but with them we knew what we were getting.

After seeing him MFW is a must sign. The potential is huge. MWH is a very tidy player,

If we started next season and our only business was them two plus kane permanent.....that would be a very good summer window, one that could see us comfortably in the playoffs next year.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Fri 12 Apr 14:32

Quote:

Bandy, Fri 12 Apr 14:27

ARe we definitely due a fee for Edwards - I thought he was out of contract this summer? Did he sign a new deal?

The club has a 1 Yr extension which was activated
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Paralex  
Date:   Fri 12 Apr 17:47

Sorry chaps but I`m really not seeing any reason why Josh Edwards would be in the least bit interested in a move to Oxford or Lincoln. Hardly big names in English football. Pulling up sticks and emigrating to the nether regions, for a lad that probably enjoys his mum`s cooking and all the comforts of home, just doesn`t seem feasible. OK the draw of any of the big boys in the English Premier or Championship, fair enough but division one with a paltry £100k transfer fee? They would have to cross his palm with a very large amount to make the trip worthwhile and the size of the fee quoted doesn`t lead one to believe they have very deep pockets. Leave well alone Josh, stick with us and do some courses in your spare time with one eye on a decent career when your short footballing days are over.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Fri 12 Apr 17:59

Both clubs have average attendance of over 8k,

Double the wages, better competition, bigger shop window. Oxford will be a nice place to live,

I cannie see why he would go either,
[IP address logged]
Date:   Fri 12 Apr 18:47

Apparently the average weekly wage in English League One is £6,000 per week, so it would be a no brainer for him to move
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Kintos  
Date:   Fri 12 Apr 19:02

Top half in English League 1 is a significant step up to the level we`re currently at! Fair do`s, Oxford Utd and Lincoln aren`t really thought of as any higher (unlike Barnsley), but as unfortunate as it is from a Scottish perspective, the comparative gulf is massive.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Fri 12 Apr 19:26

The club may actually want to sell him to help fund new arrivals ?

Ron Atkinson - 1983
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: k76  
Date:   Fri 12 Apr 20:04

I have no doubt if there is a decent offer we will sell Josh in the summer.

Josh can earn far more in league 1 than he is likely to earn in the SPFL.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: TAFKA_Super_Petrie  
Date:   Fri 12 Apr 20:22

Thinking back to Longridge who was the opposite of Edwards - excellent going forward but bit suspect defensively - he went to Bradford for a similar fee from memory and bombed completely.

Would be a no brainer though for him though on a financial level. Would be x2/3 what he is earning just now you would assume?

---------------------------------------------------------------

"People always talk about Ronaldinho and magic, but I didn't see him today. I saw Henrik Larsson; that's where the magic was."
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: parathletic  
Date:   Fri 12 Apr 20:44

I can`t remember if we got a fee for him but Calum Woods went on to have a half decent career around League One/ lower Championship level.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Fri 12 Apr 21:48

Seven years maximum of earning a decent wage. OK it`s more than he may get now but life in general and accommodation in particular being very expensive down there, unless he has something to fall back on, why bother with the upheaval? One bad injury and it`s all over. Life after football can be very challenging. Hopefully our young players are advised to consider that and engage in appropriate studies in preparation.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Row_ZZ  
Date:   Fri 12 Apr 22:02

There were times when we were struggling for defenders and he couldn’t get a start, so he might go out on loan next season ?

Raymie, Fenton isn`t able to play anywhere but Left-back, which Josh has held consistently for a good few seasons now. Fenton played at left centre-half in one game but he was forced in to it because there was literally no other option. I think it was the 2nd away game to Queen`s Park, where our squad was unbelievably depleted.

"A smile might be good!"
"Nothing to smile about in my life"
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: DA-go Par Adonis  
Date:   Fri 12 Apr 22:11

Quote:

Paralex, Fri 12 Apr 21:48

Seven years maximum of earning a decent wage. OK, it`s more than he may get now but life in general and accommodation in particular being very expensive down there, unless he has something to fall back on, why bother with the upheaval? One bad injury and it`s all over. Life after football can be very challenging. Hopefully our young players are advised to consider that and engage in appropriate studies in preparation.

Aye, educate them to sign a 4-year deal at 7k per week, buy a nice property in Oxford, pay the mortgage down as aggressively as possible, put surplus income into a regular investment and set themselves up for life - and insure against a career ending injury.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I love it when we go sell Kevin Nisbet,
He's gonna pay for everyone this season.

Post Edited (Fri 12 Apr 22:11)
[IP address logged]
Date:   Fri 12 Apr 22:17

7K a week with Oxford or Lincoln, teams with 8,000 home crowds. Doubt it somehow Dago. Some have been suggesting more like 80K a year. Not much of a nest egg there, I guess.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Fri 12 Apr 22:25

Quote:

Paralex, Fri 12 Apr 22:17

7K a week with Oxford or Lincoln, teams with 8,000 home crowds. Doubt it somehow Dago. Some have been suggesting more like 80K a year. Not much of a nest egg there, I guess.

£2k.-£2.5k a week easily obtainable. With massive increases if promoted.

Not much upheaval when the club will sort out digs while you get settled,

And the chance to prove yourself at a higher level in your professional sports career.

It`s a no-brainer all day long.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Fri 12 Apr 22:42

Well you could knock me down with a feather. The way both teams are presently placed, there is little to no chance of promotion to the championship and 2k a week is substantially less than the 7k a week quoted higher up the thread. Even if 2k a week was earned for 5 years or so, the potential savings would soon evaporate if a post football career didn`t materialise.

More like a lame brainer, if you`ve nothing to fall back on.

Post Edited (Fri 12 Apr 22:43)
[IP address logged]
Date:   Fri 12 Apr 22:52

One is In a playoff spot and the other is 2 points behind,
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: alwaysaPar  
Date:   Fri 12 Apr 22:55

Oxford Uniteds first team squad are on an average of around £4500 a week
[IP address logged]
Date:   Fri 12 Apr 22:57

Every pro footballer on the planet wants to play at the highest level possible. Any young player in the Scottish Championship would jump at the chance to play in English League 1 - or even League 2 or the National League. Regardless of crowds, all these Leagues will have a better TV deal than we do!
[IP address logged]
Date:   Fri 12 Apr 23:01

Quote:

Paralex, Fri 12 Apr 22:42

2k a week is substantially less than the 7k a week quoted higher up the thread. Even if 2k a week was earned for 5 years or so, the potential savings would soon evaporate if a post football career didn`t materialise.

More like a lame brainer, if you`ve nothing to fall back on.

£2k per week is substantially less than £7k per week. Completely irrelevant in this case, however. £7k may be over-pitched but it would be closer to Edward`s wage than £2k.

Even if it was £4k - that is still £208k per annum, probably over 3 or 4 years. He'd be mad to turn it down.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Post Edited (Fri 12 Apr 23:10)
[IP address logged]
Date:   Fri 12 Apr 23:11

Looks like figures are being plucked from the proverbial air here. How teams with 8000 crowds can pay all their playing staff £4.5k a week beats me.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Fri 12 Apr 23:22

Their (Oxford`s) last reported turnover was £7.5m, with cost of sales of £9.25m.

Fair to say, much of that figure will be on players' wages.

Their total expenditure was just under £14.7m, which is probably around 5x that of the Pars.

That`s published - so not plucking figures out of thin air.

Where does your estimate of £2k per week come from?

Post Edited (Sat 13 Apr 00:14)
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Kdy Par  
Date:   Fri 12 Apr 23:25

Quote:

Paralex, Fri 12 Apr 23:11

Looks like figures are being plucked from the proverbial air here. How teams with 8000 crowds can pay all their playing staff £4.5k a week beats me.

Because the EFL have an annual tv deal worth £180m! Not sure the split league 1 gets but it’ll be a substantial amount, hence why wages will be £4K a week.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 13 Apr 00:37

Wouldn`t have thought many league 1 games would be televised so not sure why you think their allocation would be substantial. Unless you have balance sheets showing how much individual players are being paid the figures quoted are guess work.

There are a multitude of other expenses involved in running a football club other than players wages.

Post Edited (Sat 13 Apr 00:41)
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 13 Apr 00:52

Th EFL announced a new Sky TV deal today worth £895 million over 5 years.The deal includes 248 League 1 matches.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 13 Apr 00:59

I see Oxford made a £6 million operating loss last year. Probably get a points deduction for breaking some financial rule or end up bust before long. Looks like they`re spending money they don`t have. Probably pay for Josh with a rubber cheque, bouncing all the way down Halbeath Road.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 13 Apr 01:10

Quote:

Paralex, Sat 13 Apr 00:59

I see Oxford made a £6 million operating loss last year. Probably get a points deduction for breaking some financial rule or end up bust before long. Looks like they`re spending money they don`t have. Probably pay for Josh with a rubber cheque, bouncing all the way down Halbeath Road.

They are building a new stadium costing £150 million so another £100k shouldn`t make a difference!

Post Edited (Sat 13 Apr 01:19)
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 13 Apr 01:16

What? A new stadium costing £150m? And they`re buying players valued at £100K with annual losses of £6m? Time to call the polis. Sounds like a recipe for serious misadventure. Wonder who`s advising them.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 13 Apr 01:18

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/68510881

Both of their owners are billionaires.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Berkey  
Date:   Sat 13 Apr 08:02

Here’s hoping the 2 clubs get a wee bidding war going. Even at £150k he’s be worth a punt.

Back to being drenched in my own negativity….

[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 13 Apr 08:04

Yes, there are other costs to running a football club. That`s why I quoted two separate figures for their expenses - one of which will be largely attributable to the wage bill.

The breaking news is that there is lots of money in English football. Most of it stays at the top, some trickles down.

There are many clubs, outside the top tier, with rich owners, from a variety of different countries, who seem happy to run their club at a loss, in a bid to get their pot of gold in the Premier League.

Post Edited (Sat 13 Apr 08:05)
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: jake89  
Date:   Sat 13 Apr 08:19

I hadn`t paid much attention to Oxford Utd but intrigued at the vanity of a man who names the stadium after himself then turfs out the club after he stops being chairman. The current stadium isn`t that old is reminiscent of the Falkirk Stadium with its edge of town location and lack of a fourth stand. What on Earth is the owner going to use a 16,000 seater stadium for?

The money will always be an attraction for any footballer but Oxford isn`t that attractive a choice. It`s a pretty dull place.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: incognito  
Date:   Sat 13 Apr 08:43

Across the 100 top earners in League One, the average salary is £7,045 per week, which works out at over £360,000 per year. There are 52 players in League One earning £6,000 or more per week and you would presume Josh would be in that top 52.

Anyone genuinely believing that a move to League 1 in England is not a great move for Josh is laughable and as for the "Gate v Salary" comparison, in England, it is on another level.

Josh will hopefully get his move, become a millionaire and come back for his last season after winning the English Prem & Champions League ;)

"Did you see what happened to the magic car?

It turned into a street!"
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 13 Apr 08:49

The money will always be an attraction for any footballer but Oxford isn`t that attractive a choice. It`s a pretty dull place.

Compared to dunfermline, Oxford is a decent place.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Dave_1885  
Date:   Sat 13 Apr 09:01

Oxford is also classed as London prices I think - meaning higher wages paid by businesses.

He and us would be mad to turn down any 6 figure sum this summer.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: GG Riva  
Date:   Sat 13 Apr 13:26

Quote:

jake89, Sat 13 Apr 08:19

I hadn`t paid much attention to Oxford Utd but intrigued at the vanity of a man who names the stadium after himself then turfs out the club after he stops being chairman. The current stadium isn`t that old is reminiscent of the Falkirk Stadium with its edge of town location and lack of a fourth stand. What on Earth is the owner going to use a 16,000 seater stadium for?

Sure I read somewhere that Oxford was voted (one of) the most beautiful city in the UK, Jake. Don`t ask me who voted it as such, but it does have stunning architecture. I suppose it could still be dull but its students must be reasonably bright..... 🙂

Not your average Sunday League player.

Post Edited (Sat 13 Apr 14:08)
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 13 Apr 13:54

Undoubtedly nice to look at but it`s quite dull. A bit like St Andrews. As has been mentioned, it`s also London prices.

What he wants is a nice wee place in Dalgety Bay 😉
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 13 Apr 13:57

Quote:

weemike, Sat 13 Apr 08:49

Compared to dunfermline, Oxford is a decent place.

I`m not saying it`s not decent. It`s a very pretty town and most of the places around it are lovely. However, my experience was of a very dull place...unless you like the marching powder which appeared to be everywhere. It`s also very expensive.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Dafc96  
Date:   Sat 13 Apr 14:48

I think we will cash in, can’t see us risking loosing him for nothing at the end of next season, or even on a pre contract in January. If we’re pushing for promotion we will need guys 100% focused, look what happened with dom Thomas he downed tools.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: kelty_par  
Date:   Sat 13 Apr 14:57

Oxford crowds v wages etc - each League One club gets 1.32 million via the EFL and Premier League consolidation scheme. That will increase when the new TV deal kicks in.

Oxford not being a nice place to live - agree to disagree, and that`s as someone who lived down south and had a friend who lived near the Kassam stadium. Used to pop up to play golf, go to a show, wander round town etc and it`s not too far from London either.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 13 Apr 16:11

Didn`t say it was bad. Said it was dull, because it is. I`d imagine people head to London for fun.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: kelty_par  
Date:   Sat 13 Apr 16:12

Dull? Museums, decent shops, good golf courses, theatres, plenty bars, all the usual stuff like cinemas and whatnot. Each to their own of course.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 13 Apr 16:17

Got to laugh at some thinking Dunfermline is a nicer place than Oxford and that Edward is going to go from £800 a week to one of the top 52 earning players in that league!

Why pay Edwards £6k when he’s on a small sum here so would likely move for half that a week.

Post Edited (Sat 13 Apr 16:24)
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 13 Apr 16:23

Jesus wept. I wasn`t comparing Dunfermline with Oxford 🤦‍♂️ I`ve been to Oxford numerous times. It`s pretty dull. That`s my opinion. 😂 I don`t know if Edwards lives in Dunfermline or not but if he does he has Edinburgh on his doorstep. Nearest big thing to Oxford is London unless he fancies crazy golf in Milton Keynes 😎
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 13 Apr 16:25

Because there are 3 League One clubs who have been linked with him - and he`ll have an agent playing them off against each other.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Rigger Al  
Date:   Sat 13 Apr 16:40

Hope they`re not watching the lad today ,not one of his better games
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Bamba-Daft  
Date:   Sat 13 Apr 20:24

We should bite their hand off at £100k. He’s 23, well not get another chance to move him on for anywhere near that if we don’t take it now, & he’s replaceable.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Swifty  
Date:   Sat 13 Apr 20:38

I have heard that he is almost certainly going to Barnsley next season.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 13 Apr 21:13

I`ve never visited Barnsley so can`t comment on if it`s dull or not, sorry. I also apologise to VisitOxford. Who knew so many of their employees were Pars supporters 😉
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 13 Apr 21:21

Quote:

jake89, Sat 13 Apr 21:13

I`ve never visited Barnsley so can`t comment on if it`s dull or not, sorry. I also apologise to VisitOxford. Who knew so many of their employees were Pars supporters 😉

Barnsley is a dump,
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Bannockburn Par  
Date:   Sat 13 Apr 21:33

Funniest post comparing Oxford to Dunfermline 🤣🤣🤣 get a grip… best of luck if Josh moves on
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 14 Apr 07:40

Quote:

Bannockburn Par, Sat 13 Apr 21:33

Funniest post comparing Oxford to Dunfermline 🤣🤣🤣 get a grip… best of luck if Josh moves on

🤦‍♂️ How many times...

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: PARrot  
Date:   Sun 14 Apr 08:47

Quote:

jake89, Sun 14 Apr 07:40

Quote:

Bannockburn Par, Sat 13 Apr 21:33

🤦‍♂️ How many times...

I would give up. Some of them do it deliberately, and some just can`t do English interpretation.
You have been clear enough.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Wed 24 Apr 21:54

Wycombe and Blackpool credited with an interest, according to Scott Burns in the Record today

Ron Atkinson - 1983
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: theparsman1885  
Date:   Thu 25 Apr 03:31

Average weekly wage in League 1 England is £3500.

He’ll be offski and good luck to him. £150K+ please, with some tasty add ons.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: parsmad68  
Date:   Thu 25 Apr 08:17

Josh hasn’t had his best season but mitigating circumstances are that the central defence has been posted missing a number of times. Who is in front of him has been chopping and changing. The midfield with our style of play is sometimes missing.
Actually we are a really difficult team to watch with our style of play.
On the upside, it is almost holiday time. Now where’s my Valium.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Thu 25 Apr 10:53

Quote:

parsmad68, Thu 25 Apr 08:17

Josh hasn’t had his best season but mitigating circumstances are that the central defence has been posted missing a number of times. Who is in front of him has been chopping and changing. The midfield with our style of play is sometimes missing.
Actually we are a really difficult team to watch with our style of play.
On the upside, it is almost holiday time. Now where’s my Valium.

Hasn`t had the best season, but still voted best left back in the league by his fellow players.

Would love to see him stay next season, but can`t see it unfortunately.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Playup_Pompey  
Date:   Thu 25 Apr 11:36

not sure how likley barnsley is now they have sacked manager (when in the playoffs and 1 league game to go)

[IP address logged]
Date:   Thu 25 Apr 12:33

Depends who is in charge of identifying the players they sign.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Thu 25 Apr 13:27

The BBC reporting today in their football gossip column that Blackpool and Wycombe are interested
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Hay Fever  
Date:   Thu 25 Apr 17:06

Someone on another site saying bid accepted by Preston and Josh will sign!!

Can’t see him at a Championship club but who knows

[IP address logged]
Date:   Thu 25 Apr 18:27

Preston would be a solid move. Decent club, not too bad a drive back "home" if that`s a concern and likely a good wage.

From a selfish perspective it`s cash in the bank and also a display to other young players that if they come here and do well then they can end up moving into bigger things.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Thu 25 Apr 21:15

Preston are a decent championship outfit, if he’s pretty much agreed already I would like to think we got at least £200k, that’s nothing for Preston and hopefully they paid a bit more to avoid rival bids trumping them.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Andrew283  
Date:   Thu 25 Apr 21:34

Quote:

Berkey, Thu 25 Apr 21:15

Preston are a decent championship outfit, if he’s pretty much agreed already I would like to think we got at least £200k, that’s nothing for Preston and hopefully they paid a bit more to avoid rival bids trumping them.

No chance we get 200k honestly
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Pars Athletic  
Date:   Thu 25 Apr 22:34

Only a year left on his contract and we rejected a reported 150k. We are probably looking at 100k plus add ons. Anymore than that then it`ll be a bonus
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: PARrot  
Date:   Thu 25 Apr 22:53

You are talking as if it is a done deal.
It might well be, but all I`m getting is, some guy said!

https://www.deepdaledigest.com/transfers/rumour-mill-preston-battling-fellow-championship-side-for-scottish-left-back/

Post Edited (Thu 25 Apr 23:00)
[IP address logged]
Date:   Thu 25 Apr 23:08

If there`s interest from a few clubs we`d be crazy to accept an early offer.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Jeffery  
Date:   Thu 25 Apr 23:38

Surprised by the level of teams looking at him but if these are true then it`s great for him. I hope if we do sell then we add a `% of future sale` in case he develops even further wherever he goes.

I wonder if we`re due anything to Airdrie who we signed him from. It may be they had the foresight to add a sell on clause too when we signed him.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Fri 26 Apr 07:55

I imagine most of the negotiations will be around sell on % his value will be quite low.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Berry  
Date:   Fri 26 Apr 08:39

Quote:

PARrot, Thu 25 Apr 22:53

You are talking as if it is a done deal.
It might well be, but all I`m getting is, some guy said!

https://www.deepdaledigest.com/transfers/rumour-mill-preston-battling-fellow-championship-side-for-scottish-left-back/

That guy said it in June 2022 by the looks of it.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 27 Apr 12:52

He must have a cracking agent to get linked with some of these teams. Fair play to the guy though hopefully get a decent fee.

c'mon the pars
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 27 Apr 21:26

Sorry to burst Josh`s balloon but the way he played today wouldn`t get him a trial for Cowdenbeath.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 27 Apr 21:55

Quote:

Paralex, Sat 27 Apr 21:26

Sorry to burst Josh`s balloon but the way he played today wouldn`t get him a trial for Cowdenbeath.

He hasn`t been great for a while his crossing is rotten and he`s a bang average defensively.

c'mon the pars
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Bamba-Daft  
Date:   Sat 27 Apr 22:49

If any scouts were at the game today they’ll have been on the motorway by half time. Not his best performance.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: cfad  
Date:   Sat 27 Apr 23:22

Josh has been a great servant to the club across a good few seasons and we should thank him for his contribution and wish him all the best for the future. Good luck to the boy
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: 87Par  
Date:   Sun 28 Apr 06:49

He`ll be a huge loss. Only when he goes will it really kick the gut of Pars supporters. He`s been fantastic for us. Could have done without the headers straight to the opposition yesterday though. However, overall he`s been a solid Par and I for one will miss him.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: OzPar  
Date:   Mon 29 Apr 00:16

I don`t know where people think Josh will go for 100k. With a year left on his contract and a move to an English side, 200-400 is a likely range, I would have thought.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Mon 29 Apr 02:28

That’s what I thought Oz, 3-4 clubs interested should also help push the value up.

[IP address logged]
 Top of Board  |  Forum List  |  Threaded View   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 

Rows: 0
 Forum List  |  Need a Login? Register Here 
 User Login
 User Name:
 Password:
 Remember my login:

Forgot Your Password?
Enter your email address or user name below and a new password will be sent to the email address associated with your profile.
Security : type 'pars' in the box:
email:
© 2021-- DAFC.net