DAFC.net
Home 27 April 2024 
 Post Message  |  Top of Board  |  Search  |  Log In   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 
[ please login to use the Like feature ]
 Spain v Scotland
Topic Originator: Paralex  
Date:   Mon 9 Oct 14:32

Is a draw the best we can hope for or is there a chance we can sneak a victory? Spain didn`t look too smart at Hampden when Rodri was playing. He seems to have missed the Man City game through injury so maybe Spain will be under strength. Our last outing against England showed that we are vulnerable against the top teams. Maybe we can redeem ourselves on Thursday.

Seemingly Rodri not injured but suspended for yesterday`s game with Arsenal so maybe not a weakened Spanish eleven.

Post Edited (Mon 09 Oct 14:46)
[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: Spain v Scotland
Topic Originator: Ormiston_Par  
Date:   Mon 9 Oct 14:52

I think even a draw is way out of the question TBH.

The Spaniards were out of sorts when we played them at Hampden, and they will be going all out to avenge that defeat on Thursday.

Spain are a much, much stronger side than Scotland, unfortunately and I expect nothing other than a comprehensive defeat when we face them on their own patch.

The final two games against Georgia and Norway are the ones that will decide our fate.

Post Edited (Mon 09 Oct 14:53)
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: kelty_par  
Date:   Mon 9 Oct 15:03

Rodri was suspended after a referee had the temerity to send him off (usually he gets away with more fouls than any other player in the PL before getting booked and never gets a second even after getting a yellow then halfing someone on the halfway line) and is vital for City although I`m not sure he`s as vital for Spain. Are Spain better than England? Probably not, and while we were garbage for long spells against them, the gola we conceded were gifts and we had a great chance to make it 2-2 before Kane scored the late sealer. Having said all that, I fully expect Spain to win all their remaining games and top the group at the end, while we finish a decent 2nd. Would be a shame to miss out on potentially being a top seed but qualifying is the most important thing, and Spain will take care if Norway next week even if we lose this one.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: da_no_1  
Date:   Mon 9 Oct 15:11

We`ll qualify on Sunday when Spain hammer Norway.

Happy Days ⚽️⚽️👍👍

"Some days will stay a 1000 years, some pass like the flash of a spark"
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Bandy  
Date:   Mon 9 Oct 15:53

I`m quite excited to see Lacine Yamal play...he`s come out of nowhere and looks a hell of a player.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: EastEndTales  
Date:   Mon 9 Oct 15:55

A narrow defeat wouldn`t be dreadful. Spain are still a class above, but a good chance to prove our win was no fluke.

Ep.16 of East End Tales is out now with Steven Mill

https://www.buzzsprout.com/1972630/14949749
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: wulliepar57  
Date:   Mon 9 Oct 16:31

I think after we beat them we stirred them up a wee bit
last 2 games 13 goals for and 1 against
So I fully expect them to be looking for revenge against us !
We need to focused and defend better if we are going to have any chance against them and take our chances when we get them , easier said than done , cannot see us beating them but on saying that I fully expected them to win at Hampden against us , so who knows football is a funny old game and as a Scot I am allowed to dream a little ,
What I do know though is we have a tough task ahead of us on Thursday night
Cmon Scotland !!

Post Edited (Mon 09 Oct 18:05)
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: GG Riva  
Date:   Mon 9 Oct 18:42

Quote:

kelty_par, Mon 9 Oct 15:03

Rodri was suspended after a referee had the temerity to send him off (usually he gets away with more fouls than any other player in the PL before getting booked and never gets a second even after getting a yellow then halfing someone on the halfway line) and is vital for City although I`m not sure he`s as vital for Spain. Are Spain better than England? Probably not, and while we were garbage for long spells against them, the gola we conceded were gifts and we had a great chance to make it 2-2 before Kane scored the late sealer. Having said all that, I fully expect Spain to win all their remaining games and top the group at the end, while we finish a decent 2nd. Would be a shame to miss out on potentially being a top seed but qualifying is the most important thing, and Spain will take care if Norway next week even if we lose this one.

I get the impression Rodri isn`t your favourite footballer ever, KP. 😀

Back on topic - anything other than a home win would be a major shock, but then who expected Scotland to beat Spain at Hampden? I also recall Scotland beating France home and away some years back but somehow failing to qualify from their group while France and Italy went through.

Not your average Sunday League player.
[IP address logged]
-
Topic Originator: dafc  
Date:   Mon 9 Oct 18:55

Spain taking the match to Seville where they very rarely lose if at all is huge, added they were raging after losing at Hampden will mean they won’t be complacent.
Would bite your hand off for a draw. However more realistic it will happen on Sunday when Norway play Spain.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Buspasspar  
Date:   Mon 9 Oct 19:29

Topic Originator: Bandy
Date: Mon 9 Oct 15:53

I`m quite excited to see Lacine Yamal play...he`s come out of nowhere and looks a hell of a player.

Is he Scottish Bandy ?

We are forever shaped by the Children we once were
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: sadindiefreak  
Date:   Mon 9 Oct 19:34

Quote:

Buspasspar, Mon 9 Oct 19:29

Is he Scottish Bandy ?

16 year old Spanish winger that plays for Barcelona. Setting records on an almost weekly basis.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Mon 9 Oct 19:53

Quote:

sadindiefreak, Mon 9 Oct 19:34

Quote:

Is he Scottish Bandy ?

16 year old Spanish winger that plays for Barcelona. Setting records on an almost weekly basis.

He`s smashed a few records since he burst on the scene:

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lamine_Yamal

Look`s like he`ll be some player if he continues to improve and fulfils his potential. I hope Barcelona bring him on sensibly, and he doesn`t suffer burn out within the next few years.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: parathletic  
Date:   Mon 9 Oct 19:57

Quote:

sadindiefreak, Mon 9 Oct 19:34

Quote:

Is he Scottish Bandy ?

He came off injured yesterday so is unlikely to play.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Mon 9 Oct 21:25

Just statistics GG. As you know I don`t drink the Pep Kool-Aid, and the rise in the "tactical profession foul" is one thing he`s popularised - its not up to me to say why, but his teams have speaks had someone who will make these fouls and yet somehow avoid bookings. I think the statistics were something like he makes 6.5 fouls per booking on average while for others it was nearer 4. Kovacic played in that role on Sunday and was lucky not to see red himself incidently. Anyway, while he is a superb player, he`s a moaning git who thinks Scotland play anti-football and dive about all over the place. Couldn`t mark his red neck with a blow torch.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Dave_1885  
Date:   Mon 9 Oct 22:12

I think we should go into this with nothing to fear really. Why should we fear them? We had them passing balls out the park at Hampden in March…..

Clarke was also right about the friendlies v England and France - we need to play the best to then beat the best, so hopefully we’ve taken some lessons from the England game to put in to practice here.

Ps messers McGinn and McTominay also scored late winners in the last 7 days - always good to come in with some confidence in front of goal!
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: DA-go Par Adonis  
Date:   Mon 9 Oct 22:31

I don`t subscribe to the fact that it`s a good idea to play friendlies against England and France, especially not either side of an away qualifier in Spain - when they`re both in form and out to set the record straight.

As we saw in the Spring, this Scotland side is fantastic - in the context of the last 25 years - and can bridge the quality gap in a competitive game when everyone, fans and players alike, are up for it. You can`t replicate that in a friendly and it makes it likely that we`ll get a doing in France - on the back of a tough night in Seville.

Saving grace is that we`ll hopefully have qualified by then, so the bigger picture is still positive. Regards getting more games against quality opposition, we`ve already sorted that by reaching the top tier in the Nations League.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I love it when we go sell Kevin Nisbet,
He's gonna pay for everyone this season.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Tue 10 Oct 08:27

Quote:

kelty_par, Mon 9 Oct 21:25

Just statistics GG. As you know I don`t drink the Pep Kool-Aid, and the rise in the "tactical profession foul" is one thing he`s popularised - its not up to me to say why, but his teams have speaks had someone who will make these fouls and yet somehow avoid bookings. I think the statistics were something like he makes 6.5 fouls per booking on average while for others it was nearer 4. Kovacic played in that role on Sunday and was lucky not to see red himself incidently. Anyway, while he is a superb player, he`s a moaning git who thinks Scotland play anti-football and dive about all over the place. Couldn`t mark his red neck with a blow torch.

I wouldn`t use stats to decide whether I liked a player or not. As a kid, I idolised Alex Edwards, who was regularly ordered off. (Refs offered him scant protection from the cloggers and he`d eventually retaliate.)

I know you don`t like Pep or Arab backed clubs either, and that`s fair enough. I think Rodri is one of these players who is prone to commit mostly innocuous looking fouls, which tend to escape yellow cards. Not many refs issue a card for an accumulation of fouls, which used to happen.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Tue 10 Oct 08:39

I can appreciate his passing ability and his link play between the midfield and attack but his comments at Hampden really annoyed me. It wasn`t as if we were backs to the wall and it was a smash and grab performance. The fouls he makes look innocuous but are highly cynical - they are almost always used to stop teams breaking (the one area where City are vulnerable) and should almost always result in a yellow card (the laws of the game say you should get one for stopping a promising attack).

[IP address logged]
Date:   Tue 10 Oct 12:33

Quote:

kelty_par, Tue 10 Oct 08:39

I can appreciate his passing ability and his link play between the midfield and attack but his comments at Hampden really annoyed me. It wasn`t as if we were backs to the wall and it was a smash and grab performance. The fouls he makes look innocuous but are highly cynical - they are almost always used to stop teams breaking (the one area where City are vulnerable) and should almost always result in a yellow card (the laws of the game say you should get one for stopping a promising attack).

His comments after the game at Hampden were conpletely lacking in class. The correct thing to say would have been "Well done, Scotland. You deserved to win. We`ll be looking to avenge the result in the return game."

I agree that tactical fouls should always incur a yellow card.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: dover par  
Date:   Tue 10 Oct 21:37

We will get pumped as usual, we always do against the big teams when it matters.

"Pressure is something you feel when you don't know what the hell you're doing."

Post Edited (Tue 10 Oct 21:37)
[IP address logged]
Date:   Tue 10 Oct 21:48

Quote:

dover par, Tue 10 Oct 21:37

We will get pumped as usual, we always do against the big teams when it matters.

That`s the spirit!

[IP address logged]
Date:   Tue 10 Oct 22:15

Quote:

Hope you wont be in Germany next year with that attitude 😂
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Parsfangaz  
Date:   Wed 11 Oct 01:38

Quote:

Did the game at Hampden against them not matter ?
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: istvan kozma  
Date:   Wed 11 Oct 08:30

Spain are unfortunately coming into a game now and I think we will be taken apart. But you never know!

KOZMA

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: evo!  
Date:   Wed 11 Oct 09:17

0-1 , backs to the wall win with a late 90+ 4 scrappy McTominay goal and qualification confirmed.

BEAST!
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: LochgellyAlbert  
Date:   Wed 11 Oct 11:17

Will be watching in Tenerife, 13 of us, so hopefully it`s not unlucky!⚽️🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿⚽️🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🍺
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: AdamAntsParsStripe  
Date:   Wed 11 Oct 19:23

Nobody was expecting anything from both legs of the Spain games so to get even one victory is a major success.
We always expect as a nation for it all to go wrong so we’re never disappointed but we are in a position in the group we never have been in. 5 wins out of 5 and I’d say even losing the last 3 will see us qualify.

Zwei Pints Bier und ein Päckchen Chips bitte
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Andrew283  
Date:   Wed 11 Oct 20:05

Quote:

AdamAntsParsStripe, Wed 11 Oct 19:23

Nobody was expecting anything from both legs of the Spain games so to get even one victory is a major success.
We always expect as a nation for it all to go wrong so we’re never disappointed but we are in a position in the group we never have been in. 5 wins out of 5 and I’d say even losing the last 3 will see us qualify.

3/6 points vs Spain would still be great. If we manage to squeeze a draw out of them, that`s a fantastic couple of results
[IP address logged]
Date:   Wed 11 Oct 21:12

Quote:

Andrew283, Wed 11 Oct 20:05

Quote:

AdamAntsParsStripe, Wed 11 Oct 19:23

3/6 points vs Spain would still be great. If we manage to squeeze a draw out of them, that`s a fantastic couple of results

Indeed and we only need one point anyway

[IP address logged]
Date:   Wed 11 Oct 21:15

I think we need 2 points to guarantee qualification. Or Norway to drop 2 - hence why we only need Spain to draw in Oslo on Sunday even if we lose.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
[IP address logged]
Date:   Wed 11 Oct 21:33

Quote:

DA-go Par Adonis, Wed 11 Oct 21:15

I think we need 2 points to guarantee qualification. Or Norway to drop 2 - hence why we only need Spain to draw in Oslo on Sunday even if we lose.

I thought we need one point or Norway to drop any?
[IP address logged]
Date:   Wed 11 Oct 21:36

Without checking the league table, I think Norway can get to 16 points if they win all their games. A point on Thursday gets us to 16 - so we could lose out on whatever the tie-breaker is.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Wed 11 Oct 21:48

Quote:

DA-go Par Adonis, Wed 11 Oct 21:36

Without checking the league table, I think Norway can get to 16 points if they win all their games. A point on Thursday gets us to 16 - so we could lose out on whatever the tie-breaker is.

Sounds about right.The tie-breaker is the head to head results.Should have known not to trust the BBC.

Post Edited (Wed 11 Oct 21:49)
[IP address logged]
Date:   Wed 11 Oct 22:08

If we get one point v Spain then and we lose the other three matches then we finish on 16 points. After that...

If Spain win all their games or win two and draw the other...

Or...

If Norway win all their games including beating us by more than one goal at Hampden

Then one of those two would finish ahead of us.

BUT...

Both can`t happen - if the first happens than Norway can`t get to 16 points, if the second happens then Spain can get to 16 points by winning the other two games but we would finish ahead of them on head to head.

SO...

A draw v Spain IS ENOUGH to qualify since it`s the top two who do so.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: The One Who Knocks  
Date:   Wed 11 Oct 22:17

If we were to lose to Spain by only one goal but won our last three games would we qualify top of the group due to the better head to head?
I actually think Spain could give us a right doing tomorrow and I`ll be a little concerned that Norway might just manage to pull an upset against Spain on Sunday.

And although my eyes were open
They just might as well be closed
[IP address logged]
Date:   Wed 11 Oct 22:21

So, we draw on Thursday and all 3 teams can then finish on 5 wins, 1 draw and 2 defeats.

In that eventuality, we would qualify as it would go on the head-to-head record and we would have the best record (2 wins, 1 defeat, 1 loss)?

A point is therefore enough - if it comes from the Spain or Norway game but not necessarily if it comes from the match in Georgia.

Simple as that?

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: onandupthepars  
Date:   Thu 12 Oct 01:12

KP - We only have two games, not three to play after Spain.

Two points from our last three games will definitely see us through, one may not.

If Norway win their three games, and beat us by more than one goal*, we`d need 17 points to top them.

KP - Spain could lose to Norway and still get to 18 points.

But unless Norway win all their three remaining games, we`ve qualified already.

Based on this, which I believe is how our group stands:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/UEFA_Euro_2024_qualifying_Group_A

I wouldn`t bet my life on being right, but that`s my answers in this wee fitba` maths exam.

(*or whatever they need to be better than us head-to-head)

Post Edited (Thu 12 Oct 01:18)
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: USMac  
Date:   Thu 12 Oct 03:25

With Spain’s GD presently exceeding Norway’s by 14, Spain only needs a draw in Sevilla against Scotland, followed by a win in Norway to seal their spot. So expect Spain to rest older starters for the Sunday game, park the bus and play for a 0-0 draw.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Rusty Shackleford  
Date:   Thu 12 Oct 08:48

I`m resigned to a defeat tonight and have moderated my expectations accordingly! Momentum with Spain.

I expect our party to be Sunday evening. Would love a Norway v Spain draw so we can still shoot for winning the group.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: shellypar  
Date:   Thu 12 Oct 11:02

Quote:

Rusty Shackleford, Thu 12 Oct 08:48

I`m resigned to a defeat tonight and have moderated my expectations accordingly! Momentum with Spain.

I expect our party to be Sunday evening. Would love a Norway v Spain draw so we can still shoot for winning the group.

Why are all you old fogies so negative, we beat them once, we can beat them again, one of the best scotland teams ive seen in my []9 years ammased on earth and the harmony is brilliant, no reason to fear these lot

COYP
[IP address logged]
Date:   Thu 12 Oct 11:31

"Spain could lose to Norway and still get to 18 points."

Yes - if they beat us. They can`t if we get a point. They can get to 16. Same as we`d be on. Bit we`d finish above them on head to head.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: wee eck  
Date:   Thu 12 Oct 11:50

Apparently Kevin Nisbet withdrew from the Scotland squad yesterday. I missed that.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: onandupthepars  
Date:   Thu 12 Oct 16:16

KP - I believe you`re right - a point from Spain would qualify us.

(Because Norway have to beat them to qualify. And if they did, following a draw with us, Spain could only get to 16 points, as you say.)

Well done and thanks for clarifying it 👍 (Give that man a coconut! as my dad used to say.)

Post Edited (Thu 12 Oct 16:19)
[IP address logged]
Date:   Thu 12 Oct 16:27

Why are all you old fogies so negative, we beat them once, we can beat them again, one of the best scotland teams ive seen in my []9 years ammased on earth and the harmony is brilliant, no reason to fear these lot

I admire that sort of wide-eyed optimism, really I do - but it`s so tragically misplaced I don`t even know where to begin.

There is absolutely no chance of us getting a result of any kind this evening. If I`m wrong (and I won`t be) I`ll go outside and attach my nipples to the car battery.

The artist formerly known as KGB / Slim Hoolie
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Pars11  
Date:   Thu 12 Oct 17:32

At present it is 31C in Seville dropping to 27C at kickoff. With the stadium baked in glorious heat today it will be a sweat cauldron for the Scotland players who as usual have not been allowed to get used to the heat. Going to be a tough ask for our players to get anything from this game. Last time Spain took Scotland to Seville we got hammered due to the heat. You would have thought the players would have been their earlier to try and get used to the change in weather pattern.

Bluebell Polka
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: PARrot  
Date:   Thu 12 Oct 17:38

Quote:

Ormiston_Par, Thu 12 Oct 16:27

I admire that sort of wide-eyed optimism, really I do - but it`s so tragically misplaced I don`t even know where to begin.

There is absolutely no chance of us getting a result of any kind this evening. If I`m wrong (and I won`t be) I`ll go outside and attach my nipples to the car battery.

But you regularly do that anyhoo.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Thu 12 Oct 17:55

They say all records are there to be broken but Spain have won their last 24 home Euro Qualifiers dating back to 2003-the longest run ever of its kind.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Thu 12 Oct 18:02

Quote:

Bookmarked, just in case haha
[IP address logged]
Date:   Thu 12 Oct 18:06

Quote:

I would like that video sent into dotnet pronto when we get a result, if we dont im no doing anything though 🤣

COYP
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: buffy  
Date:   Thu 12 Oct 18:17

I’m shocked at Rusty being called an old fogie.

He has my backing if he wants me to hold his kagoule, tweed waistcoat and plus fours.

”Buffy’s Buns are the finest in Fife”, J. Spence 2019”
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: par58  
Date:   Thu 12 Oct 18:23

National disgrace that we are unable to see the match. Oh well we are only supporters!!
[IP address logged]
Date:   Thu 12 Oct 18:30

Quote:

par58, Thu 12 Oct 18:23

National disgrace that we are unable to see the match. Oh well we are only supporters!!

You can see the match - you just need to pay a price for it 🙄 which is the ridiculous part…
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: par58  
Date:   Thu 12 Oct 18:32

👍
[IP address logged]
Date:   Thu 12 Oct 18:40

Quote:

par58, Thu 12 Oct 18:23

Ironically, I have TiVuSat, satellite TV, which allows me to watch many free to air Italian TV channels, so I can watch it on TV 8 free of charge. 😀

[IP address logged]
Date:   Thu 12 Oct 18:48

I’ll be roond the noo, GG

[IP address logged]
Date:   Thu 12 Oct 18:50

Spain: Simon, Carvajal, Le Normand Laporte, Balde, Gavi, Rodri, Merino, F Torres, Morata, Oyrarabal.

Substitutes: Arrizabalaga, Raya, Sancet, Pau Torres, Fabian Ruiz, Zaragoza, Joselu, Fati, Garcia, Zubimendi, Fran Garcia, Navas.

Scotland: Gunn, Hickey, Hendry, Porteous, McKenna, Robertson, McGregor, McTominay, McGinn, Christie, Dykes.

Substitutes: Kelly, Clark, Souttar, Cooper, Adams, Gilmour. Armstrong, Brown, Ferguson, Taylor, Patterson, McLean.

Post Edited (Thu 12 Oct 18:57)
[IP address logged]
Date:   Thu 12 Oct 19:13

Quote:

buffy, Thu 12 Oct 18:48

Italian commentary and Prosecco OK for you, Buffy? 😉

[IP address logged]
Date:   Thu 12 Oct 19:16

Quote:

buffy, Thu 12 Oct 18:17

He has my backing if he wants me to hold his kagoule, tweed waistcoat and plus fours.

Ha. Still recovering!!
[IP address logged]
Date:   Thu 12 Oct 19:22

Sitting in the Wigan Pier Pub in Tenerife, Wall of Scots, heat unbelievable!

C`mon Scotland!🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿
[IP address logged]
Date:   Thu 12 Oct 19:23

Quote:

GG Riva, Thu 12 Oct 19:13

Quote:

buffy, Thu 12 Oct 18:48

Italian commentary and Prosecco OK for you, Buffy? 😉

Aye, but whit aboot the fitbaw?

#BigDateWiBigG

[IP address logged]
Date:   Thu 12 Oct 19:26

Quote:

buffy, Thu 12 Oct 18:17

Well compared to me he defo is :)

COYP
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: DBP  
Date:   Thu 12 Oct 19:49

Should have been one down in first minute!

Getting into game now though c’mon Scotland

Post Edited (Thu 12 Oct 19:56)
[IP address logged]
Date:   Thu 12 Oct 20:00

Looking a tad fragile. Backs to the wall now.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Thu 12 Oct 20:03

Yeah all one way traffic just now… we need to get on the ball as opposed to just defending

Although as we know, if you don’t score when you’re on top, that can bring its own pressure

Post Edited (Thu 12 Oct 20:11)
[IP address logged]
Date:   Thu 12 Oct 20:13

What the hell? That should have been a free kick!

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: d3monstrate  
Date:   Thu 12 Oct 20:14

If that`s at the other end, it`s a free kick and a yellow...

[IP address logged]
Date:   Thu 12 Oct 20:14

Quote:

buffy, Thu 12 Oct 20:13

What the hell? That should have been a free kick!

Shocking decision

[IP address logged]
Date:   Thu 12 Oct 20:15

Exactly
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: donj  
Date:   Thu 12 Oct 20:16

Wonder how much the ref got in his brown envelope.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Thu 12 Oct 20:22

Under the cosh now. What a let off that was.

We`re playing the ref here too.

Can`t believe Morata`s protesting about the offside.

Post Edited (Thu 12 Oct 20:26)
[IP address logged]
Date:   Thu 12 Oct 20:30

That’s not good 🫤
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: PARrot  
Date:   Thu 12 Oct 20:36

Cant get it on viaplay. Just getting a message not currently available try later. Got viaplay v amazon prime

[IP address logged]
Date:   Thu 12 Oct 20:40

I’ve got it via sky, but you can watch through their app if you’ve got an account
[IP address logged]
Date:   Thu 12 Oct 20:41

It`s a long way to Whitehorse Parrot. Maybe you`re fortunate not to have the connection. It`s a hard watch and with Robertson off injured and Patterson on we look even more vulnerable. The second half is going to be nail-biting.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Thu 12 Oct 20:42

I know that kinda decision always goes the way of the goalie but how can that possibly be given as a foul on the keeper? He goes in with his knee up. Shocking shocking decision by an incompetent ref

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: DBA  
Date:   Thu 12 Oct 20:44

Quote:

da_no_1, Thu 12 Oct 20:42

I know that kinda decision always goes the way of the goalie but how can that possibly be given as a foul on the keeper? He goes in with his knee up. Shocking shocking decision by an incompetent ref

I thought the flag went up for offside tbf, but not sure.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Thu 12 Oct 20:47

The keeper "claimed" the ball, so know he can have his knees wherever he likes. If Robertson went in properly rather than backing out he wouldnt have got injured... Don`t see how it`s any different from the foul on McGinn though...

[IP address logged]
Date:   Thu 12 Oct 20:50

Don’t know how long we can hold out and we do need them to stay out wide where we can deal with cross balls.
Have to say Ryan Porteous has been immense so far.
We’re doing better than almost every Scot expected so far but let’s be honest, we’ve ridden our luck.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Thu 12 Oct 20:51

Harsh blaming him when a keeper is rushing out like Jackie fkn Chan!

[IP address logged]
Date:   Thu 12 Oct 20:51

Quote:

d3monstrate, Thu 12 Oct 20:47

The keeper "claimed" the ball, so know he can have his knees wherever he likes. If Robertson went in properly rather than backing out he wouldnt have got injured... Don`t see how it`s any different from the foul on McGinn though...

Agree. Andy really didn’t challenge properly and ended up the bag of totties on the ground as a result.
Keeper didn’t do anything wrong.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Thu 12 Oct 20:52

The ref will clearly give us no favours at all. We will have to make our own good fortune. We probably should be two down by now so backs to the wall again for the second half. Don`t let them score because we don`t look like we can especially with the referee giving fouls against us to them.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Thu 12 Oct 20:53

It`s harsh, but its what you are usually taught in contact sport, either go in full blooded or not at all

[IP address logged]
Date:   Thu 12 Oct 20:59

Unbelievable from the ref. Again. How the fk is that a booking?

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Bald eagle  
Date:   Thu 12 Oct 21:04

Game also available on Optus Sport at least here in Australia

[IP address logged]
Date:   Thu 12 Oct 21:07

Holy duck!

forgot about the ref - that’s outrageous decision again

Post Edited (Thu 12 Oct 21:09)
[IP address logged]
Date:   Thu 12 Oct 21:07

FFS

Post Edited (Thu 12 Oct 21:09)
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Rigger Al  
Date:   Thu 12 Oct 21:08

Stunning
[IP address logged]
Date:   Thu 12 Oct 21:09

That guy is brilliant.Ten Haag not playing him is madness.

[IP address logged]

Oh my God.
[IP address logged]

Ffs no goal

[IP address logged]
Date:   Thu 12 Oct 21:10

This game is rigged... game needs to be be called off

[IP address logged]
Date:   Thu 12 Oct 21:12

That must have been a big envelope to pay ref and var guys too.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Thu 12 Oct 21:12

For F**ks sake!🤬🤬🤬
[IP address logged]
Date:   Thu 12 Oct 21:13

I`m done with football

[IP address logged]
Date:   Thu 12 Oct 21:14

A foul - unbelievable - they worked hard to find a reason to disallow that one
[IP address logged]
Date:   Thu 12 Oct 21:15

The officiating here has been shocking the whole game.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Bletchley_Par  
Date:   Thu 12 Oct 21:15

Cheats! F***** Cheats!

[IP address logged]
Date:   Thu 12 Oct 21:21

Feck

[IP address logged]
Date:   Thu 12 Oct 21:22

At least the ref won’t have to give them a penalty for their win
[IP address logged]
Date:   Thu 12 Oct 21:24

No booking for Laporte

[IP address logged]
Date:   Thu 12 Oct 21:26

UEFA now saying the goal was ruled out for "offside" after initially saying it was a foul.

They are making it up as they go along.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Thu 12 Oct 21:32

Quote:

Bletchley_Par, Thu 12 Oct 21:26

UEFA now saying the goal was ruled out for "offside" after initially saying it was a foul.

They are making it up as they go along.

Exactly

[IP address logged]
Date:   Thu 12 Oct 21:33

2-0

[IP address logged]
Date:   Thu 12 Oct 21:35

That’s a sore one as we’re even head to head now

Post Edited (Thu 12 Oct 21:36)
[IP address logged]
Date:   Thu 12 Oct 21:35

Hickey slips, game over.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Thu 12 Oct 21:38

Laporte should have had 3 out 4 yellows by now
[IP address logged]

I take absolutely no pleasure at all in saying that I told you so.

The artist formerly known as KGB / Slim Hoolie
[IP address logged]

We now have to hope that Norway don`t do what we did to Spain and beat them in their home fixture.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Thu 12 Oct 21:40

Quote:

Ormiston_Par, Thu 12 Oct 21:38

I take absolutely no pleasure at all in saying that I told you so.

They have had an extra man for 90 mins though
[IP address logged]
Date:   Thu 12 Oct 21:45

If we win our game against Georgia next month we qualify right? Not sure if I am looking at an updated table just now.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Thu 12 Oct 21:46

Quote:

Topic Originator: The One Who Knocks like
Date: Thu 12 Oct 21:38

We now have to hope that Norway don`t do what we did to Spain and beat them in their home fixture.

I hope Norway gub these cheating feckers.

Qualification is no longer enough for me, we must keep these dirty Spanish chunts in second place where they belong

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: RossF  
Date:   Thu 12 Oct 21:50

UEFA showing the big teams will always get their way yet again. It happened to us when we had Italy on the ropes all those years ago and it happened today. We should have had a dangerous free kick in the first half when McGinn was wiped out as well. Still thought we could equalise at 1-0 but the slip killed it for us. Hopefully the cheats draw against Norway at the weekend.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Thu 12 Oct 21:55

The referee clearly signals a foul, not offside, so it`ll be interesting to hear the audio of that one...

[IP address logged]
Date:   Thu 12 Oct 21:56

We need to draw with or beat Georgia away. Doesn`t matter what anyone else does. And I think we will

[IP address logged]
Date:   Thu 12 Oct 21:56

When we had Italy on the ropes all those years ago via Barry Ferguson scoring an offside goal? If it was disallowed for a foul then it was a shocker but if it was offside then it`s hard to argue against it.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: rikaka  
Date:   Thu 12 Oct 22:02

Hopefully Norway will drop points on Sunday and the rest of our matches will be dead rubber. If not I`d fancy us to win both matches anyway.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Thu 12 Oct 22:05

I`m guessing a draw on Sunday would be our dream result?

[IP address logged]
Date:   Thu 12 Oct 22:05

McGinn blatantly fouled. Not given.
Robertson injury.
Patterson booked for "foul" on winger.
Laporte repeatedly fouls. Booked in 89th minute.
The disallowed goal.

We were never going to win that game tonight

[IP address logged]
Date:   Thu 12 Oct 22:06

Quote:

The One Who Knocks, Thu 12 Oct 22:05

I`m guessing a draw on Sunday would be our dream result?

Norway have to win both their remaining games. Even then they can`t catch us if we win in Georgia

Post Edited (Thu 12 Oct 22:06)
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Big T Par  
Date:   Thu 12 Oct 22:12

We just need a draw in our two remaining games, if Norway win on Sunday

[IP address logged]
Date:   Thu 12 Oct 22:14

Thanks da. Thinking a draw in Sunday though means we qualify but also gives a good chance then of topping the group as well?

[IP address logged]
Date:   Thu 12 Oct 22:15

The goal was ruled out because Hendry went the wrong way - if he steps back away from keeper its given.

The ref was very lenient with the Spanish tonight and harsh on us - Laportes challenge on Christie was a yellow all day long! And how the Robbo one wasnt looked at is pretty staggering.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Thu 12 Oct 23:02

As Neil McCann said no Spanish player appealed when that free kick went in.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Thu 12 Oct 23:37

The bookings our players got tonight were an absolute joke.

The ref was awful

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: doctordandruff  
Date:   Thu 12 Oct 23:48

The ref signalled a foul after the review, not offside. Which means he was called by VAR to review the foul, not if he was interfering with play.

He decided it was a foul. 10 min later VAR checked and said he was offside. The ref then told McGinn that`s why the goal was chalked off. This suggests he knew it was soft, definitely not `clear and obvious`.

The whole thing stinks, this is the first time since the Willie Young game versus Celtic at EEP where I have felt that the ref genuinely was biased and not just useless.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Rigger Al  
Date:   Thu 12 Oct 23:49

If offside then fair enough ,but the challenges on McGinn and Robertson should have at the least went to VAR

We have allowed keepers too long to come out with their knees up ,,why should they be allowed to do this but others don`t.

Had many a keepers knees into my ribs when playing
[IP address logged]
Date:   Fri 13 Oct 06:08

No impartial observer could fail to conclude that Scotland was very harshly treated by the match officials last night, even if Spain dominated possession. Sadly, referees blowing repeatedly in favour of the home side is hardly a new phenomenon.

At least it`s all still in Scotland`s own hands. Onwards and upwards.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Fri 13 Oct 12:57

I think we can discount Spain now as a nation that can win the tournament next summer so it`s a three team shootout involving England, France and Portugal.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Fri 13 Oct 13:12

Quote:

The One Who Knocks, Fri 13 Oct 12:57

I think we can discount Spain now as a nation that can win the tournament next summer so it`s a three team shootout involving England, France and Portugal.

England`s records in shoot outs is awful so happy with that.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Fri 13 Oct 14:24

Quote:

The One Who Knocks, Fri 13 Oct 12:57

England will do their usual and smash smaller nations and then get `humiliated` the moment they face anyone like Croatia
[IP address logged]
Date:   Fri 13 Oct 15:37

I was very confident of getting minimum a
3 points last night had that goal stood.
It would have deflated Spain but the decision that happened spurred them on and lifted their crowd.
I think VAR panicked and were just in shock we took the lead.
Imagine no Spain in the championship so they had to be quick in saying foul to the referee but they then had 10 minutes or so to decide it was offside knowing it really wasn’t a foul at all.
Feel cheated as we were magnificent last night and was a travesty that Porteous, who was outstanding had to score the own goal.
He never deserved that.

Post Edited (Fri 13 Oct 15:38)
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Bandy  
Date:   Fri 13 Oct 15:42

I think if England pick their best team they can win...but it will involve southgate dropping some of his favourites.

Personally, I`d drop Pickford. My view is that a goalkeeper should bring a sense of calm to the defensive unit - Pickford`s the opposite; he gets riled up, and I think that makes the rest of the team anxious in tight situations. Pope seems to be a much calmer figure. Ramsdale is somewhere between the two..but isn`t playing for Arsenal, which probably rules him out.

I think the `back 5` they play is overly cautious....he seems desperate to play trippier and walker, which means shifting walker to CB, where he`s less effective.

The other weak spot is LB, which can be targeted by the better teams - Shaw is solid, not spectacular and Chilwell is made of chocolate..

[IP address logged]
Date:   Fri 13 Oct 15:50

I think it`s pretty clear what happened. VAR has flagged it correctly for offside however they have told the referee that it`s up to him to make the decision on whether Hendry is interfering with play or not. Trying to look at this objectively it`s hard to argue he isn`t when he is standing in front of the goalie and is, regardless of the intensity, pushing the him.
I certainly don`t buy this idea that the officials are corrupt and have been told to favour the bigger nations so that they qualify for the tournaments. If so it shows how incompetent they are when reigning Euro champs Italy failed to get past North Macedonia in the world cup qualifiers.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Fri 13 Oct 16:20

If the goalie thought he was being impeded surely he would have been screaming at the ref after the ball went on?
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Big T Par  
Date:   Fri 13 Oct 16:44

The footage that the ref went to look at, doesn`t even show Mctomineys feet, it`s just his head. Scandalous

[IP address logged]
Date:   Fri 13 Oct 16:51

Quote:

The One Who Knocks, Fri 13 Oct 15:50

I think it`s pretty clear what happened. VAR has flagged it correctly for offside however they have told the referee that it`s up to him to make the decision on whether Hendry is interfering with play or not. Trying to look at this objectively it`s hard to argue he isn`t when he is standing in front of the goalie and is, regardless of the intensity, pushing the him.
I certainly don`t buy this idea that the officials are corrupt and have been told to favour the bigger nations so that they qualify for the tournaments. If so it shows how incompetent they are when reigning Euro champs Italy failed to get past North Macedonia in the world cup qualifiers.

Wow, just wow, what a donkey

COYP
[IP address logged]
Date:   Fri 13 Oct 17:00

Was going to insult you back bit I`ll keep my dignity instead.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Fri 13 Oct 17:02

Wee Eck, the Spanish goalkeeper was booked in the immediate aftermath of the goal.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Fri 13 Oct 17:22

At what point was he booked and for what? He seemed to show no reaction when the ball went in.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: doctordandruff  
Date:   Fri 13 Oct 17:49

When offside calls are that tight it normally takes VAR a few minutes to confirm. I've seen it slowed down and with the defender moving in the opposite direction from Hendry he goes from onside to offside in the blink of an eye. Absolutely impossible to do it manually and say for certain its correct. We should be demanding to hear the conversation from VAR.

On another point, what the hell was Hendry thinking. Tw*t.

Post Edited (Fri 13 Oct 17:53)
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Parfect69  
Date:   Fri 13 Oct 17:57

Yip, noticed that. Don’t know why he was booked.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: jake89  
Date:   Fri 13 Oct 19:46

Ref is part of an ongoing investigation...
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: thebear  
Date:   Sat 14 Oct 00:40

Ah well!, if Norway draw with Spain they are out and we should still be top
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: sammer  
Date:   Sat 14 Oct 02:33

I saw Mbappe play tonight and he was pretty crap. It ended Netherlands 1 France 2 and Mbappe`s first goal was a pure opportunist volley from a cross. His second was a give and go around the left edge of the box which he blistered into the roof of the net. Later on he hit the crossbar, beating the Dutch keeper on pace alone. Apart from that he did nothing. Definitely over rated until he proves himself in the EPL.

sammer
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Raymie the Legend  
Date:   Sat 14 Oct 16:39

I saw the game. That was a good watch. The Dutch will have a very good team for the World Cup

It`s bloody tough being a legend
Ron Atkinson - 1983
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 14 Oct 17:37

" It ended Netherlands 1 France 2"

Which is good news for Scotland - if we win our last 2 games we will be in Pot 2 for the draw for the finals.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 15 Oct 19:54

0-0 so far. Is it 9.45pm yet?

[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 15 Oct 20:09

Michael Stewart is an idiot. I could tell at the first replay what had happened with why that goal would be ruled offside.
I don`t understand though, aren`t the refs corrupt and under instructions to give Spain all the decisions?

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Raymie the Legend  
Date:   Sun 15 Oct 20:24

Morata is a clown. It’s going in. Leave it

It`s bloody tough being a legend
Ron Atkinson - 1983
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: RossF  
Date:   Sun 15 Oct 20:35

Morata desperate for his pal Odegaard to qualify! He`s cushioned down a header when he should have went for goal and stupidly hit the ball in the net from an offside position when it was going in. He has been poor this half. Norway had a few dangerous breaks but it has been all Spain.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 15 Oct 20:53

Spain just scored
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 15 Oct 20:55

VAR again!
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 15 Oct 21:00

Go Spain!

[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 15 Oct 21:02

Goal stands!

[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 15 Oct 21:02

Are we on our way from misery to happiness today?
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 15 Oct 21:07

Quote:

wee eck, Sun 15 Oct 21:02

Are we on our way from misery to happiness today?

Uh huh uh huh yeah.....

[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 15 Oct 21:23

Noway equaliser in 90+9 minutes please!
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 15 Oct 21:36

You might get your wish Rusty

[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 15 Oct 21:36

8 mins ET!

[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 15 Oct 21:45

Yeeeeeeeeehaaaaaaaa

[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 15 Oct 21:54

Fantastic achievement with 2 games to spare. Well done Steve Clarke and the squad!

[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 15 Oct 23:13

Absolutely magic that th team and coaches have put together. Fantastic stuff.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: parsmad68  
Date:   Mon 16 Oct 07:43

There is the possibility that Steve Clarke could smile at some point in the next few days 😂
[IP address logged]
 Top of Board  |  Forum List  |  Threaded View   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 

Rows: 0
 Forum List  |  Need a Login? Register Here 
 User Login
 User Name:
 Password:
 Remember my login:

Forgot Your Password?
Enter your email address or user name below and a new password will be sent to the email address associated with your profile.
Security : type 'pars' in the box:
email:
© 2021-- DAFC.net