DAFC.net
Home 20 May 2024 
 Post Message  |  Top of Board  |  Search  |  Log In   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 
[ please login to use the Like feature ]
 KRH and Matty Back šŸ¤©
Topic Originator: Kingseatpar1885  
Date:   Wed 1 Nov 20:54

James McPake confirmed in the courier he hopes that Kane Ritchie-Hosler and Matty Todd will be in the squad for Fridays trip to Greenock.

Ohana means family and family means DAFC šŸ–¤šŸ¤
[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: KRH and Matty Back šŸ¤©
Topic Originator: Kingseatpar1885  
Date:   Wed 1 Nov 20:55

https://www.thecourier.co.uk/fp/sport/football/4800793/james-mcpake-hopes-to-have-two-long-term-dunfermline-absentees-available/?utm_source=twitter

Ohana means family and family means DAFC šŸ–¤šŸ¤

Post Edited (Wed 01 Nov 20:55)
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: jake89  
Date:   Wed 1 Nov 21:15

Quote:

Kingseatpar1885, Wed 1 Nov 20:55

https://www.thecourier.co.uk/fp/sport/football/4800793/james-mcpake-hopes-to-have-two-long-term-dunfermline-absentees-available/?utm_source=twitter
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: wee eck  
Date:   Wed 1 Nov 21:36

What about Bene?
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: jake89  
Date:   Wed 1 Nov 21:39

Bene and Breen both potentially out.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Rigger Al  
Date:   Wed 1 Nov 21:39

Quote:

wee eck, Wed 1 Nov 21:36

What about Bene?

Awaiting scan results
[IP address logged]
Date:   Wed 1 Nov 21:58

Cheers, guys. I can`t see him risking KRH or Matty Todd if they haven`t played any competitive games yet.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Raymie the Legend  
Date:   Wed 1 Nov 22:29

Especially with Bene and Breen picking up injuries shortly after coming back.

It`s bloody tough being a legend
Ron Atkinson - 1983
[IP address logged]
-
Topic Originator: desparado  
Date:   Wed 1 Nov 22:40

Topic Originator: Raymie the Legend like
Date: Wed 1 Nov 22:29

Especially with Bene and Breen picking up injuries shortly after coming back.

Shortly as in 45 mins in Bene case. Neither will be playing on Friday I suspect.

Both getting scans. Could be news we donā€™t want to hear soonā€¦

KRH and Todd should get a couple of run outs 30 mins then 60 mins in the reserves before being risked in first team imo.

JM never mentioned Summers in his interviewā€¦..

[IP address logged]
Date:   Wed 1 Nov 22:45

There`s a reserve game against Dundee next Tuesday I think.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: parsfan97  
Date:   Wed 1 Nov 23:08

Hope these guys donā€™t get chucked in straight away and risk them like weā€™ve done with others

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: da_no_1  
Date:   Wed 1 Nov 23:11

Quote:

parsfan97, Wed 1 Nov 23:08

Hope these guys donā€™t get chucked in straight away and risk them like weā€™ve done with others

We haven`t tho

"Some days will stay a 1000 years, some pass like the flash of a spark"
[IP address logged]
Date:   Wed 1 Nov 23:16

Benedictus first game back , off at HT and possibly out for another few weeks? Summers off injured first game back and not back yet? KRH one game back then out for 8 weeks? Breen 2 games back , off in both and now out again for weeks? None of them rushed back thoughā€¦..

[IP address logged]
Date:   Wed 1 Nov 23:22

Quote:

parsfan97, Wed 1 Nov 23:16

Benedictus first game back , off at HT and possibly out for another few weeks? Summers off injured first game back and not back yet? KRH one game back then out for 8 weeks? Breen 2 games back , off in both and now out again for weeks? None of them rushed back thoughā€¦..

Can't be bothered arguing with you

You`re fishing

Post Edited (Wed 01 Nov 23:24)
[IP address logged]
Date:   Wed 1 Nov 23:28

Whoā€™s arguing like? Maybe stop coming over in such a condescending tone then

Post Edited (Wed 01 Nov 23:28)
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: wetherby  
Date:   Wed 1 Nov 23:29

They will have been named just as a morale booster - not a chance either will play.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Wed 1 Nov 23:29

Quote:

parsfan97, Wed 1 Nov 23:28

Whoā€™s arguing like? Maybe stop coming over in such a condescending tone then

Maybe stop speculating about something you can`t know is true?

[IP address logged]
Date:   Thu 2 Nov 00:12

Bene is the only one who came back and possibly suffered a recurrence of his previous injury. All the others suffered new injuries; bad luck rather than bad management.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Thu 2 Nov 00:28

Quote:

wee eck, Thu 2 Nov 00:12

Bene is the only one who came back and possibly suffered a recurrence of his previous injury. All the others suffered new injuries; bad luck rather than bad management.

Benes knee/thigh was strapped with ice after HT on Saturday, I thought his previous injury was a broken bone in his foot?

[IP address logged]
Date:   Thu 2 Nov 01:02

That`s why I said `possibly`!

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: OzPar  
Date:   Thu 2 Nov 04:51

They all got injured almost immediately after being out for some time. That is the crucial point parsfan97 made, and it is a FACT.

Please stop snapping at people`s ankles, da no 1, just because they don`t agree with your worldview.

I wish this site used people`s real names rather than anonymous nicknames. It might put a stop to this nonsense, where people can abuse others without fear of retribution.

I confess I have had a go at people on here, too, and I am not very proud of it, but I have always done so on the basis that what I say to you here, I would have no hesitation telling you face-to-face. I don`t think everyone here applies that rule.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: GG Riva  
Date:   Thu 2 Nov 06:43

I don`t want to start an argument either. šŸ˜

Parsfan97, da no 1 and Oz`s posts all have some merit:

1. We have had players out with injury.
2. Some players have been injured again soon after coming back.

However, parsfan97 appears to imply that the reason than Bene and Breen were injured again so soon is because they were rushed back. Now, that view might have some validity if these players had aggravated their previous injury. They haven`t so da no 1 is right, it`s down to bad luck, not bad management.

Having suffered a bad injury himself, James McPake is not going to ask players who are not fully fit to play. He knows his players well and is aware of those who might declare themselves fit before they`re 100% and is on record as saying he will not select them until he`s certain they`re fully recovered. It`s not just the manager`s decision, either. The physio and sports scientist will almost certainly be consulted and their professional opinions will not be driven by the desire to get results.

In any case, what does it profit any manager to risk key players when they`re not fully fit and risk losing them again, perhaps for an even longer spell?

Not your average Sunday League player.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Thu 2 Nov 06:52

Quote:

OzPar, Thu 2 Nov 04:51

They all got injured almost immediately after being out for some time. That is the crucial point parsfan97 made, and it is a FACT.

Please stop snapping at people`s ankles, da no 1, just because they don`t agree with your worldview.

I wish this site used people`s real names rather than anonymous nicknames. It might put a stop to this nonsense, where people can abuse others without fear of retribution.

I confess I have had a go at people on here, too, and I am not very proud of it, but I have always done so on the basis that what I say to you here, I would have no hesitation telling you face-to-face. I don`t think everyone here applies that rule.

Please show me where I abused someone in this thread? I disagree with him, there`s a marked difference. I pointed out that he doesn`t know if these players were rushed back or not. That`s all.

Name and email address in my profile.

Post Edited (Thu 02 Nov 07:02)
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: par-91  
Date:   Thu 2 Nov 07:13

Quote:

GG Riva, Thu 2 Nov 06:43

However, parsfan97 appears to imply that the reason than Bene and Breen were injured again so soon is because they were rushed back. Now, that view might have some validity if these players had aggravated their previous injury. They haven`t so da no 1 is right, it`s down to bad luck, not bad management.

Thatā€™s honestly not correct. If players havenā€™t recovered properly, or havenā€™t been eased back into action, itā€™s very likely that they may pick up another injury. Subconsciously, when you have/had an injury, your body overcompensates for this and put more strain on other joints/muscles. This quite often results in picking up other injuries.

Breenā€™s hamstring and Beneā€™s knee in particular, with them not being any kind of contact injuries, seem likely to have been caused by the players being asked to do too much too soon and putting excessive strain on their knee/hamstring. Itā€™s not the only possible explanation, but to shoot down that suggestion, simply because itā€™s a different joint/muscle than their original injury is just wrong. But thatā€™s definitely more of a question for the sport scientist/physio, rather than the manager.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Jeffery  
Date:   Thu 2 Nov 07:22

It seems fairly common for people to pick up other minor tweaks to other areas, particularly muscular, when coming back from an injury. It can be caused by overcompensating to avoid the injured area when working back or from having had to move differently while out, causing an imbalance.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Thu 2 Nov 07:26

Quote:

par-91, Thu 2 Nov 07:13

Quote:

GG Riva, Thu 2 Nov 06:43

Thatā€™s honestly not correct. If players havenā€™t recovered properly, or havenā€™t been eased back into action, itā€™s very likely that they may pick up another injury. Subconsciously, when you have/had an injury, your body overcompensates for this and put more strain on other joints/muscles. This quite often results in picking up other injuries.

Breenā€™s hamstring and Beneā€™s knee in particular, with them not being any kind of contact injuries, seem likely to have been caused by the players being asked to do too much too soon and putting excessive strain on their knee/hamstring. Itā€™s not the only possible explanation, but to shoot down that suggestion, simply because itā€™s a different joint/muscle than their original injury is just wrong. But thatā€™s definitely more of a question for the sport scientist/physio, rather than the manager.

Yes, I agree with your take on that, too, par-91. Such injuries could be down to these players having been out for some time and therefore not fully "match fit." Or it could just be down to bad luck, don`t you agree? What`s the solution in any case? A player coming back from injury could equally easily be injured in a reserve game or even in training.

Eta - I didn't mean to "shoot down" 97's suggestion, just cast some doubt on it. Perhaps I should have said his view would have more validity rather than some?

Post Edited (Thu 02 Nov 07:41)
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: EastEndTales  
Date:   Thu 2 Nov 08:41

Quote:

Jeffery, Thu 2 Nov 07:22

It seems fairly common for people to pick up other minor tweaks to other areas, particularly muscular, when coming back from an injury. It can be caused by overcompensating to avoid the injured area when working back or from having had to move differently while out, causing an imbalance.

That`s what I`m worried about.

Ep.16 of East End Tales is out now with Steven Mill

https://www.buzzsprout.com/1972630/14949749
[IP address logged]
Date:   Thu 2 Nov 08:45

Quote:

Jeffery, Thu 2 Nov 07:22

Would you class that as being "rushed back" tho, which implies someone is at fault?

[IP address logged]
Date:   Thu 2 Nov 09:01

I think the manager said after Saturday`s match that Bene`s new injury may have been caused by putting stress on the rest of his body after a lengthy lay-off. Presumably that`s why rehabilitation usually involves playing part of a game or games at a lower level before exposing to first-team football.

I don`t think that could be the case with Breen though who came back from injury to play the first half against Ayr before being subbed at half-time because he was feeling ill. He then played most of the game at Raith before appearing to suffer a hamstring injury. KRH also suffered a second contact injury in training after playing for half an hour at ICT following his original injury. Who could have anticipated that?
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: fcda  
Date:   Thu 2 Nov 13:56

Quote:

OzPar, Thu 2 Nov 04:51

Using real names doesn`t help - see Facebook.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: PARadise  
Date:   Thu 2 Nov 20:44

I would hope the fans are mindful that these boys have been out for a long time and missed a lot of pre season preparations, which can have a massive impact on catching up with the others

Iā€™m sure I remember Michael Paton a few years ago missing it and he was anonymous for the year we got back to the champ.

Saying that hopefully toddy bags the winner tomorrow
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Paralex  
Date:   Thu 2 Nov 21:39

As far as Bene is concerned, injured or not, his contribution in the first half of the Rovers game was impeccable. He strolled through the game and rarely seemed under pressure. We were well on top in the first half and never looked like conceding. It`s a real blow to think he might miss another few games.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Thu 2 Nov 21:43

Morton have a couple of tall strikers in Muirhead and Oakley so we may be subject to an aerial bombardment.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Fri 3 Nov 06:30

Next to no chance of Matty or Kane starting in such a vital game in my humble one.

Being part of the squad and possibly on the bench will make these players feel good at having reached another milestone on the long journey back from injury, which can be quite tough mentally for any player. (Ask any player what the worst thing about being a footballer is, and the most common reply is "Being injured.")

There`s probably little chance of them actually getting on, and if they do, it might not be for much more than 10 or 15 mins - maybe less.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: LochgellyAlbert  
Date:   Fri 3 Nov 11:16

I take it that Summers will be getting treatment at Celtic Park?
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: kelty_par  
Date:   Fri 3 Nov 14:20

"Breen though who came back from injury to play the first half against Ayr before being subbed at half-time because he was feeling ill. He then played most of the game at Raith before appearing to suffer a hamstring injury."

Breen twisted his knee did he not? One foot got stuck in the surface and the rest of his body kept rotating, and it looked like his knee buckled as a result. Looked a really painful one and I wouldn`t expect him back for a wee while.

[IP address logged]
 Top of Board  |  Forum List  |  Threaded View   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 

Rows: 0
 Forum List  |  Need a Login? Register Here 
 User Login
 User Name:
 Password:
 Remember my login:

Forgot Your Password?
Enter your email address or user name below and a new password will be sent to the email address associated with your profile.
Security : type 'pars' in the box:
email:
Ā© 2021-- DAFC.net